Mr. K wrote:>I think we can all agree that it looks a lot better than what we have now, so why all the extra bs?-
Mr. K wrote:as long as it's understood that if somehow there was a problem, there isn't much I can do graphically to fix it.
It looks better and no one is disputing that. As for the extra BS, why should other map makers go through a process while you get a pass?
You said that you have lost the old files, so to draw the above image you have created a new image on the old one. But this doesn't mean that now you can't change the map anymore. You need only to work on the new file/layers.
Now, althought it's clear that the version of the map you posted is more pleasing than the current one we have on the site, the foundry has its procedures. These procedures are there to ensure that all maps are up to the CC standards. The fact your map was up to the standards when it was quenched the first time doesn't mean it is up to them nowdays; the standards are subject to changes through the time and, actually, our standards are higher than in past.
1. From a objective point of view, the sea could have some more love...it's not bad but I think you can do better.
2. I see borders are more clear now, but i think you can improve some sea connnections (e.g. andros/tinos is almost invisible)
3. Personally I would go with more trasparency on the army circles.
4. Redraw this mountain...it's terrible!
I would suggest also to try to center the small temple (the one with the title) on the rectangle of the legend. I think you can easily move the rectangle to left and have the bonus numbers more close to their respective names. Also the signature can be moved to left to compensate the empty space. Or make the rectangle smaller, if you prefer.
1. Army circles, remove or reduce opacity. They are very ugly at the moment and detract from the nice new map.
2. Sea routes, all of these could do with some love. Some are hard to see (Andros-Tinos), some look badly drawn (Argolis-Kyklades) and others could do with a single line and not three pasted together (Kyklades-Krete).
3. Names, why are some bigger than others? Get them all the aem size as the larger names do not have any game play importance. Reduce the glow around them. Some could be moved into the territ proper (Phrygia).
4. I love the mountains but the one nobodies pointed out needs some love. Also, blend them into the map some more.
The reason I say I can't do much here is because I don't have the original files. I can't change, for example, how opaque the army circles are because all I have is the flattened, 1 layer image. I don't have that kind of control over the image anymore.
So what you are saying is that we can either has this, or not?
How long would it take you to get this back up and running with new files and would you be willing to do that?
AndyDufresne wrote:It would have some way to go, but if it looks snappy and people support it along the way, bananas up!
ManBungalow wrote:As you say, this is almost ready to run. Just pay attention to the next few meticulous suggestions to satisfy the stamp people and you'll be done. I don't completely agree with putting it through the foundry process again, but it should still have some external input.
Some parts of the image could be glossed over by using the clone tool, blurring, redrawing, or just copy/paste if there's a problem which can't be solved by painting over it.
thenobodies80 wrote:Yeah, I'll contact you as soon as I can draw a black line on some items on my to-do list. Be patient, it's just matter of few days.
Porcius Festus wrote:For it seems to be unreasonable, in sending a prisoner, not to indicate the charges against him.
in those times nobody cares about such issuethenobodies80 wrote:btw, in case people wonder, this is how it looks for colorblind people....strange it has passed unnoticed in past.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users