Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby vodean on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:09 am

in the twilight of old rose man.

im no more in favor of raising soggoth than anyone else who is not in favor.

it sounds like the BW on me is moving, so im going to claim. Im a "normal human" 3rd party, like the other humans. that is the reason i knew to ask doom what his alignment was. so whoever asked that earlier, yes. i just didnt want to give it away then. despite being 3rd party, we are essentially joats, and are the footsoldiers of town. im just a survivor. im pretty sure that thats not too much info from the role PM, since most of it isnt even in the role PM. i have no name. i feel like the hints i dropped earlier regarding humans should confirm my role.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby edocsil on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:03 am

vodean wrote:in the twilight of old rose man.

it sounds like the BW on me is moving, so im going to claim. Im a "normal human" 3rd party, like the other humans. that is the reason i knew to ask doom what his alignment was. so whoever asked that earlier, yes. i just didnt want to give it away then. despite being 3rd party, we are essentially joats, and are the footsoldiers of town. im just a survivor. im pretty sure that thats not too much info from the role PM, since most of it isnt even in the role PM. i have no name. i feel like the hints i dropped earlier regarding humans should confirm my role.

Yes, we all surmised that. What action did you take to lose your sanity.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jak111 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:48 am

Jonty might want to explain his own chants if he thinks Vodean's is to bring Shaggoth back.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:41 am

Such a remarkable revelation from vodean. Why not tell us something we don't know?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:42 am

Rodion wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Rodion: not posted yet today, likes to lay low until day 3, can we at least get an acknowledgment of the scene? Why didn't you vote for elon yesterday even though you supported the case?

I'm behind. Gonna catch up soon.

Meanwhile, regarding Elon, I never supported the case. I said you had reached an interesting conclusion but it sorely depended on a premise ("all human 'VTs' got the same role PM"). Then I asked you whether you had proof that all "humans" had the same role PM, which would convince me, but you never presented that proof.

The main part of the case is that he was lying. Regardless of whatever role I had. Did you miss that post?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:05 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
Rodion wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Rodion: not posted yet today, likes to lay low until day 3, can we at least get an acknowledgment of the scene? Why didn't you vote for elon yesterday even though you supported the case?

I'm behind. Gonna catch up soon.

Meanwhile, regarding Elon, I never supported the case. I said you had reached an interesting conclusion but it sorely depended on a premise ("all human 'VTs' got the same role PM"). Then I asked you whether you had proof that all "humans" had the same role PM, which would convince me, but you never presented that proof.

The main part of the case is that he was lying. Regardless of whatever role I had. Did you miss that post?

I wonder whether I had skimmed? From what I remember, the situation was the following:

1 - Elon says his gut (and only his gut) tells him there is a cult
2 - Elon says he's a human
3 - Yoshi says he's a human and his role PM tells him of a cult
4 - Yoshi assumes all humans got the same role PM, which means that either:
a) Elon is not a human, so he's a liar (lied on "2")
b) Elon is a human, but then he had more than his gut to conclude there was a cult, so he's a liar (lied on "1")

That's what I understood from all that. I wanted proof on "4" ("that all humans had the same role PM") so that the syllogism would be flawless. Being that there was no proof and it was just an "assumption", I decided not to join the wagon.
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:16 am

No, elon never said he was a human. It's all in the past now though.

Here's what I am doing now: I am going back through day 1 and compiling a list of all the humans we have based on VT tells and reactions and such. Anyone else who wants to be on the list should add themselves now. Keep in mind that being a Human does not mean that a player is cleared. If we are to progress through this monster hunting, I want to at least narrow my list down. Since I am making the list for myself, I may as well share it with everyone.

Anyways (from the top of my head):

Humans
vodean
jonty (these 2 are insane)
Sully
yoshi
edoc

Non-Humans:
spiesr
strike wolf

Unsure right now:
everyone else
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:48 am

Question: why do you believe me to be non-human?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:01 pm

After looking over day 1:

Keep in mind these are my opinions, and I am not 100% on all of them.
DoomYoshi wrote:Humans
vodean
jonty (these 2 are insane)
Sully
yoshi
edoc
rishaed (how did I forget this one)
Kanin (maybe)

Non-Humans:
spiesr
strike wolf
Rodion (iffy at first, def on this list now though)
betiko
Nendreel (but probably not a monster)
Commander9 (leaning scum)
ghostly (unsure on alignment, slight fos)
Iron Butterfly (fos'ed)
jak
safariguy (im not too worried about saf, i think im pretty good at reading his scum game now)
new guy (last minute change due to gut feeling)

Unsure right now:
LSU (still strongly leaning scum, playing very similar to vodean, but without the humanity)
pcm (could be a human trying really hard to pretend not to be)
voldemort (not posting enough to really tell)
thehippo8 (this guy is impossible to read)
Swifte
crazymilkshake5 (who hasn't posted at all yet... WTF??)

For the Record, here is some proof that I already knew your role explicitly on page 16, vodean. So, catch up with the game and tell you did with yog-sothoth already.]

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm starting to get frustrated here.

I didn't softclaim unlynchable. I was just saying that without a case you can't lynch me.

It doesn't seem like that is true though. You people are lynching me for no reason.

Vodean, I'm not fake claiming. I'm claiming to have a role called townie. Since I have the most basic role, and I know it isnt strictly "vanilla" I was able to surmise that
A) there are no vanillas, and therefore no boring roles.
B) elonpuckhog, and a few others (like vodean) have the same role.

Now that all the VTs have basically given themseleves away, this game is just stupid.

I am not going to contribute anything more today. Lynch me if you want, I don't care any more.

vote betiko

For pretending to be human, when he is clearly not.

FP'ed by strike: for thinking that humans are cleared townies.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:03 pm

I suppose I should say that when I say "non-human" I mean people who have a different role than me, not necessarily that you are a monster.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:05 pm

I was going to add that you had said for meta reasons you did not think I was town, but it looks like you got it down already. Now I know the list is not "official roles" and all that, but I would also like to question what meta you used to think I was not town, just cause Im curious.

fastposted
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:15 pm

new guy1 wrote:I was going to add that you had said for meta reasons you did not think I was town, but it looks like you got it down already. Now I know the list is not "official roles" and all that, but I would also like to question what meta you used to think I was not town, just cause Im curious.

fastposted

You agreed with the case on elon, and voted him for it. However, it was the exact case I presented on you in Battle of the Bulge.

The case boils down to:
a)player says something awkward
b) player is scum or lying
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Lol, well I was a cop in battle of the bulge, so I dont see how that proves Im not town.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:34 pm

maybe because i haven't had anything of substance to post of in the last few days? That aside things could get tricky, and Vodean's claim is believable to me at least. Lets focus somewhere else for now.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby jonty125 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Other stars anon shall rise

jak111 wrote:Jonty might want to explain his own chants if he thinks Vodean's is to bring Shaggoth back.

I have already provided a link to what I was chanting. FOS jak for skimming. Link to Post Showing Previous Link
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby jak111 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:32 pm

jonty125 wrote:Other stars anon shall rise

jak111 wrote:Jonty might want to explain his own chants if he thinks Vodean's is to bring Shaggoth back.

I have already provided a link to what I was chanting. FOS jak for skimming. Link to Post Showing Previous Link

Linking is one thing, but you still never explained why you're doing it. Which is the whole point of me asking you to explain when you're doing something similar to Vodean yet you think Vodean's is to resurrect Shaggoth, what is yours for?
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby vodean on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:36 pm

trouble in the realm of muan, chaos elsewhere.

i realize that many of you though i was human. i was merely confirming it.
i tracked betiko, who visited no one. that raises the question of why... it seeems to be an NV game. so why, betiko, did you not visit anyone?
the reason why i am insane is that someone used an action on me. they must have gained some valuable information, because I went insane. thats how i read insanity as occurring from my role PM.
and jonty, you ought to know that im not ressurecting soggoth. if you are insane, then the chant i chanted at the start was probably given to you. i just was wondering whether chants could actually have any power.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby ghostly447 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Jonty is writing from a poem. There are 3 possible things that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. More likely: Since he is posting a constant amount (not too much) and following the poem line for line, I think he has a post limit (think about it like this. The poem as somehow trapped him inside his slumber. It is a dream from which he CANNOT awake according to the link he gave us).

2. Less likely: Once he completes the lines in this poem, he will no longer be insane.

3. Even less like: Once he completes the lines in this poem, he will die or raise someone from the dead.

4. Other

Jonty, if you are able to confirm any of these, confirm by slipping the number of the correct option in your next post. If it is something else, use the number 4 so we can try to figure it out.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:51 pm

vodean wrote:in the twilight of old rose man.

If you are 3rd party and a survivor your allegiance is not to Town but to whomever wins...If you can survive to endgame.
How are you allied with Town as the winning condition for a survivor is to which ever faction wins?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:12 pm

vodean wrote:... i realize that many of you though i was human. i was merely confirming it.

This sticks out to me. Is Vode saying he is human or not? Or is he saying that he is just being agreeable with what others are saying but is not himself saying what he is? I find this slightly disturbing and can't help wonder if he is alluding to he is not human? He has claimed tracker, I note there has not been a counterclaim. But note also that tracker can be town, third party or jscum - so that claim alone isn't determinative. Any thoughts?
Last edited by thehippo8 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:13 pm

vodean wrote:trouble in the realm of muan, chaos elsewhere.

i tracked betiko, who visited no one. that raises the question of why... it seeems to be an NV game. so why, betiko, did you not visit anyone?
the reason why i am insane is that someone used an action on me. they must have gained some valuable information, because I went insane. thats how i read insanity as occurring from my role PM.
and jonty, you ought to know that im not ressurecting soggoth. if you are insane, then the chant i chanted at the start was probably given to you. i just was wondering whether chants could actually have any power.

You seem to be floundering now with silly WIFOM arguments and misdirection.

Vote Vodean
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm

EBWOP

Is corrected to has ... clicked the edit tab rather than the quote tab ... damn fat fingers :shock:
ImageImageImage
show

Postby edocsil on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:46 pm

vodean wrote:trouble in the realm of muan, chaos elsewhere.

So let me ask you this. Are you town?
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:05 pm

He already answered that edoc. I am willing to join you in your crusade later, edoc, but this narrow focus is stopping the discussion from spreading out to new avenues.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:20 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:He already answered that edoc. I am willing to join you in your crusade later, edoc, but this narrow focus is stopping the discussion from spreading out to new avenues.

Doom, I think you have missed the point . He has alluded but he has not actually claimed.
ImageImageImage
show

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives