Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:12 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
LSU Tiger Josh wrote:I'm guessing the insanity would be some kind of horrendous PR since we are still responsible for posting our own thoughts in here.

LSU. You addressed insanity and then posted "since we are...thoughts in here". Does this mean you are insane and you know for a fact you are still in charge of your own thoughts?

I have not gone insane at this point. When I said "responsible..." I meant in that this isn't epic mafia where whatever you type comes out "goofy" when you've gone insane by chu.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:31 pm

no hippo. He did claim. And he is human. Vodean, seeing as you are human, and my information that could be sensitive is already out. I tracked Vod. last night and he "went/visited" nobody. That leaves two pieces of information for me to process.
A. In reality you did not go anywhere.
B. Betiko is either 1. Human or 2. Scum that did not kill last night. Either way I'm pretty sure he's on vacation right about now.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Alright, now we have a situation where rishaed's claimed action appears to directly contradict with Vodean's claimed action. So, what do we do with this information. Vodean, you can confirm that you got a result from your action last night yes?
If so it looks like there some possibilities.
1. Somebody is lying.
2. A busdriver action switched Vodean with someone last night.
3. Something complicated happened.
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 pm

spiesr wrote:Alright, now we have a situation where rishaed's claimed action appears to directly contradict with Vodean's claimed action. So, what do we do with this information. Vodean, you can confirm that you got a result from your action last night yes?
1. Somebody is lying.

No its rather simple speisr. HE Didn't go anywhere, but neither of us are lying because I technically did not go anywhere either. Anyone who has our role will know what I am talking about. If you look at my two options then you will realize that nowhere did I call Vodean "SCUM", I confirmed his role as a human, but I still would like to reserve as much information that I deem not especially necessary or not yet revealed as I can. Sorry if that confuses you speisr.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:59 pm

rishaed wrote:
spiesr wrote:Alright, now we have a situation where rishaed's claimed action appears to directly contradict with Vodean's claimed action. So, what do we do with this information. Vodean, you can confirm that you got a result from your action last night yes?
1. Somebody is lying.

No its rather simple speisr. HE Didn't go anywhere, but neither of us are lying because I technically did not go anywhere either. Anyone who has our role will know what I am talking about. If you look at my two options then you will realize that nowhere did I call Vodean "SCUM", I confirmed his role as a human, but I still would like to reserve as much information that I deem not especially necessary or not yet revealed as I can. Sorry if that confuses you speisr.

EBWOP
Sorry I just realized that there may be a third option. His role could be something that comes into play after an event/time frame has been met.

Postby jak111 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Two tracker claims? One from a human and one from an unknown? I believe we either have two townish factions going on with similar roles (unlikely but possible) or we have ourselves a scum/third party liar.

Vodean tracks Betiko, Betiko goes no where (and is unfortunally on vacation about 10 days roughly :/)
Rishaed tracks Vodean, Vodean goes no where.

Rishaed, explain your A and B. Why are you not considering Vodean as a mafia since he claimed the same role as you and said he did something while your results says otherwise?

Obviously one is lying. This is a p or p' statement.

q = Vodean is tracker and Betiko didn't go anywhere
q' = Vodean is mafia, trying to pin a case on Betiko.

p = Rishaed is tracker, Vodean didn't go anywhere, hence Vodean is scum.
p' = Rishaed is mafia, either trying to save Betiko or pin Vodean as scum.

(1 means they are town, 0 means mafia for q, q', p, p')
(1 means possible, 0 means not possible for qp)
q q' p p' qp
1 0 1 0 0
1 0 0 1 1
0 1 1 0 1
0 1 0 1 1

Notice the first scenario is impossible because If Rishaed tracked Vodean no where, Vodean can't track Betiko no where.
However, the second and third scenarios are possible because one is mafia/third party, while other is town tracker.
Now the last scenario is possible because both could be fake claiming, one being mafia, the other being third party.

Out of the possible outcomes, one is at least non town, which means we officially have a case here!

(Damn I love Computer Programming, I can use the truth tables for Mafia :ugeek: )

Fastposted once.

Unvote, Vote Rishaed

Really? You claim tracker which he claimed as well and expect us to not pressure one of you? Unless there's more "trackers" in the game, one of you gotta be non town. Doom, are you some sort of tracker as well?

Fastposted again
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Actually Jak, after further review I realize that both of the claimed "tracker" actions were Vodean and rishead asking an elder god for information about where someone went that night. I didn't immediately realize that unlike an actually tracker, doing this apparently doesn't count as visiting the person in question. This also explains why Vodean lost some of his sanity.
Captain spiesr

Postby vodean on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:31 pm

actually, what makes more sense is that rishaed asked about me. that is what changes people's sanity, according to my role PM.
humans are essentially joats, with a number of different options. and no, we are not town at the start of the game, but can change alignment. this goes for ALL humans. humans can confirm this. and no, i dont believe i "visited" betiko last night. i just gained info about him.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby vodean on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:32 pm

when the elder gods grew in strength, their enemies grew in number
Sergeant vodean

Postby / on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Vote count

Vodean: 3 votes: edoc, jonty, iron
betiko: 1 vote: doomyoshi
rishaed: 1 vote: jak

11 to lynch
deadline wed
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Rodion on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:47 pm

vodean wrote:actually, what makes more sense is that rishaed asked about me. that is what changes people's sanity, according to my role PM.

/ worded it ambiguously, but he already confirmed me the insanity applies to the asker.

Was the question you asked the 3rd out of a list of 5?
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Shucks, I just noticed the deadline. I will switch votes to vodean soon, in the name of SCIENCE!

Jak, pay attention. Go back and reread, when you are with us, post again.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Alright time is wasting and the Vodean situation is just distracting us. All evidence points to him being a human. So, unless he was recruited last night or something he is just a Survivor. We need to move in other directions quickly.
betiko wrote:
show
humm actually i reread this and it kind of makes sense. he didn't say he wasn't a human, he said he wasn't a vt and he thinks there are none... knowing that humans are not really VTs.
I think this case is flawed.

unvote vote no lynch
Betiko opposed the lynch on elonpuckhog and tired to get us to take a no lynch over it. Understandable enough at the time, but after elonpuckhog coming up as a monster I have to wonder if he was trying to save a teammate. Vote Betiko. It's not much but it is a place to start.

Also, Jonty, please consider sharing with us whatever information you may have gained that you traded some sanity for. Unless you want to claim that your lost sanity in a different manner.
Captain spiesr

Postby vodean on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:38 am

Rodion wrote:
vodean wrote:actually, what makes more sense is that rishaed asked about me. that is what changes people's sanity, according to my role PM.

/ worded it ambiguously, but he already confirmed me the insanity applies to the asker.

yes
DoomYoshi wrote:Shucks, I just noticed the deadline. I will switch votes to vodean soon, in the name of SCIENCE!

Jak, pay attention. Go back and reread, when you are with us, post again.
im really confused about this whole post. votes? science?

as the world ended, the universe began.
Sergeant vodean

Postby rishaed on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:42 am

Rodion wrote:

let me say Yes, to both statements from Rodian. The first one I was about to address, as I had asked / as well. the second one vod has already answered so. . .confirmiation.

Postby jak111 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:55 am

Now this is disappointing, I made a nice little truth table that would have worked wonderfully and then they don't claim to be trackers per say. This game's mechanics are really going over my head at this point.

Unvote, for now.

So what other things do you have? Are any useful since you can't even track a person who technically did make a move in the night time. Are they worth losing your sanity over if they're gonna be that bad?
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby rishaed on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:04 am

the other things are not going to be told right now. . . Every human has already painted a big red crosshair from the mafia from what we've already given out. I am not going to give more out currently.

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:17 am

hi guys! I managed to get an internet conection this morning and don't know when I'll be posting again untill the 5th when i will be back to normal.

I just caught up and i feel the loneliness of being left aside again by mr doom trying to control everything again. Didn't I leave enough hints about my humanity? that's a bit ugly.

Anyway, if you guys need another proof, we've been told about our questions to yog sothoth during day 1 and not in our role PM where / just mentioned we'll know more about it later.

Other than this, i continue to say that the case on elon was flawed, the real only wierd thing is that he didn't claim, and it's funny to see that a guy like spiesr who agreed with me on this but pushed the case because there was nothing else votes for me now because I removed my vote on elon. Do you think i'm that stupid spiesr by the way, if i was a monster related to elon or whatever that I would remove my vote a few hours before when it was clear he would have the most votes?

unvote vote spiesr

fastposted by rishaed
last but not least, I confirm that I didn't visit anyone last night and didn't ask yog sothoth for anything.
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:25 am

DoomYoshi wrote:He already answered that edoc. I am willing to join you in your crusade later, edoc, but this narrow focus is stopping the discussion from spreading out to new avenues.

Do notice the fine distinction that occurred. I would have done my best to hang him if he claimed town, or anything besides survivor.

3 days till deadline. Only one i see worth hanging is betiko, and the case is a toss up at best. I don't know if the shoggoth would really have a "master" or someone else who knew its identity enough to defend it.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby rishaed on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:52 am

These are people who I would like to hear from. I am going to clear those who I believe and ask for those who haven't posted in the last amount of time to check in. color coded of course
1.Swifte
2.DoomYoshi
3.spiesr
4.crazymilkshake5
5.Iron Butterfly
7.LSU Tiger Josh
8.ghostly447
9.safariguy5
10.new guy1

11.vodean
12.jonty125

13.Nendreel
14.jak111
15.rishaed
16.Victor Sullivan
17.lord voldemort
18.Commander9

19.edocsil
20.thehippo8
21. pancakemix
22. Kanin Usagi
23.strike wolf Count Belisle

24.betiko
25.Rodion
Simply put Red is I haven't heard anything from you, and am suspicious because of it. Light green is that I'm unsure of faction. Blue is confirmed role, and so far confirmed pro-town. Things can change rapidly however.

Postby rishaed on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:54 am

show

EBWOP

Postby Nendreel on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:55 am

Yikes, this game is getting confusing fast.
As a preface to my post I'll have to state that I am a human, but I did not get the same role as most of the other humans.
From what I gather, the near-VT humans function as semi-JOATs. They are allowed to ask specific questions about a target of their choice.
Based on the rules, insanity occurs if they encounter certain events.
I pressume that these certain events involve Elder Gods or monster encounters.

Rishaed visited Vodean and didn't go insane, which implies Vodean would be human (as he claimed)
Vodean visited Betiko and did go insane, therefore Betiko is not human.

The main issue I have with this case, is that the questions asked N1 were Tracker related, but seem to be broken.
Rishaed tracked Vodean who didn't go anywhere, but Vodean tracked Betiko (who also went nowhere) but this means Vodean did go somewhere. So if the Tracker question is broken, what's the point of it?

vote betiko since he seems to be non-human.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby rishaed on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:02 am

Nah, Betiko's human just like me/doom. He let go info that only we could know, that wasn't already given in posts.

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 am

Ok, later on I will explain my confusion betiko.
unvote
DoomYoshi wrote:Humans
vodean
jonty (these 2 are insane)
Sully
yoshi
edoc
rishaed (how did I forget this one)
Kanin (maybe)
Rodion (iffy at first, def on this list now though)
betiko

Non-Humans:
spiesr
strike wolf
Nendreel (but probably not a monster)
Commander9 (leaning scum)
ghostly (unsure on alignment, slight fos)
Iron Butterfly (fos'ed)
jak
safariguy
new guy (last minute change due to gut feeling)

Unsure right now:
LSU (still strongly leaning scum, playing very similar to vodean, but without the humanity)
pcm (could be a human trying really hard to pretend not to be)
voldemort (not posting enough to really tell)
thehippo8 (this guy is impossible to read)
Swifte
crazymilkshake5 (who hasn't posted at all yet... WTF??)

Nendreel, you are basically confiriming what I wrote in this post^.

Ok, next up: LSU.vote LSU
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Nendreel on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, later on I will explain my confusion betiko.
unvote
DoomYoshi wrote:Humans
vodean
jonty (these 2 are insane)
Sully
yoshi
edoc
rishaed (how did I forget this one)
Kanin (maybe)
Rodion (iffy at first, def on this list now though)
betiko

Non-Humans:
spiesr
strike wolf
Nendreel (but probably not a monster)
Commander9 (leaning scum)
ghostly (unsure on alignment, slight fos)
Iron Butterfly (fos'ed)
jak
safariguy
new guy (last minute change due to gut feeling)

Unsure right now:
LSU (still strongly leaning scum, playing very similar to vodean, but without the humanity)
pcm (could be a human trying really hard to pretend not to be)
voldemort (not posting enough to really tell)
thehippo8 (this guy is impossible to read)
Swifte
crazymilkshake5 (who hasn't posted at all yet... WTF??)

Nendreel, you are basically confiriming what I wrote in this post^.

Ok, next up: LSU.vote LSU

This would probably be easier if I just said yes, but I think it's best I be clear about this.

I am human, but I don't have the same role or ability as the JOAT humans (Doom, rish, betiko, etc.).

unvote with both Doom and rish clearing Betiko, I'll have to rethink what's going on.
Sergeant Nendreel

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives