Conquer Club

Best Form of Government Assuming No Corruption

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best Form of Government Assuming No Corruption

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 am

umwut? Democracy doesn't require truth or even facts in order to exist...

Where have you been for the past 2000 years?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:52 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:umwut? Democracy doesn't require truth or even facts in order to exist...

It does to Function well.

That's part of why Democracy only really existed in the smallest systems prior to the printing press. Now, we have so much "information" available, but definding truth, verifying is getting harder and harder. Google is making it even worse because when you search something and find 100+ results that seem to agree with you, its easy to assume they much be true. Getting beyond that takes real effort and most people don't have the time or ability, even if they have the desire (and most don't care enough to bother).
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:56 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:umwut? Democracy doesn't require truth or even facts in order to exist...

That's part of why Democracy only really existed in the smallest systems prior to the printing press. Now, we have so much "information" available, but definding truth, verifying is getting harder and harder. Google is making it even worse because when you search something and find 100+ results that seem to agree with you, its easy to assume they much be true. Getting beyond that takes real effort and most people don't have the time or ability, even if they have the desire (and most don't care enough to bother).

Without truth, there is no Democracy.

Just going on what you said, and not on what you later changed it to.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:20 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

Without truth, there is no Democracy.

Just going on what you said, and not on what you later changed it to.

An ineffective Democracy is not a Democracy, it is another type of system with fake votes.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:10 pm

I'll admit I did originally word it as what would be your "idyllic" situation. I suppose "closest to idyllic" would have been more appropriate.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:07 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I'll admit I did originally word it as what would be your "idyllic" situation. I suppose "closest to idyllic" would have been more appropriate.

Democracy or something not yet invented. BUT..that depends on education.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:30 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I'll admit I did originally word it as what would be your "idyllic" situation. I suppose "closest to idyllic" would have been more appropriate.

Democracy or something not yet invented. BUT..that depends on education.

I'm not opposed to hearing about a system not yet invented...
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby tzor on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 pm

“If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself. A dependence on the people is, no doubt, the primary control on the government; but experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions.”

― James Madison, The Federalist Papers
Cadet tzor

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,