Conquer Club

Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:50 pm

I give you Strategic Allied Consulting, until recently, an RNC and Romney contractor.

A GOP-backed consulting firm may have submitted "hundreds" of faked voter registration forms in Florida, according to the Florida Department of State.

The GOP cut ties with the third party voter registering company Strategic Allied Consultants on Thursday after the Palm Beach County elections supervisor flagged 106 of the firm's registration forms for having similar handwriting, incorrect addresses and incomplete information.

Since then, elections officials in nine Florida counties have unearthed hundreds of possibly fraudulent registration forms.

Chris Cate, a spokesman for the Florida Department of State, said the state does not yet know the exactly how many forms were allegedly faked. While it is not unusual to get reports of incomplete registration cards, Cate said it is rare for the state to have so many forms with false or wrong information.

"We are concerned about any cases of voter fraud," Cate said. "In this case, it has to do with most allegations regarding bad information on voter applications. We don't know the extent of how it could impact election, but we will let the Florida Department of Law Enforcement determine full extent of the problem."

Strategic Allied Consultants claims the issue stemmed from one employee, who was fired on Sept. 15, but county election officials claim the fraud was more widespread, stretching across counties that are more than 500 miles apart.

"I don't subscribe to the theory that this was the action of one single individual who was able to get into more than half a dozen counties from one end of Florida to the other," said Paul Lux, the Okaloosa County Election Supervisor.

Lux said that out of 2,200 forms that Strategic Allied workers submitted, he and his staff have found about three dozen that appear to be faked. Some have signatures that do not match the names; others are only partially completed and a handful of forms have addresses that do not exist, he said.

Link
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 pm

Symmetry wrote:I give you Strategic Allied Consulting, until recently, an RNC and Romney contractor.

A GOP-backed consulting firm may have submitted "hundreds" of faked voter registration forms in Florida, according to the Florida Department of State.

The GOP cut ties with the third party voter registering company Strategic Allied Consultants on Thursday after the Palm Beach County elections supervisor flagged 106 of the firm's registration forms for having similar handwriting, incorrect addresses and incomplete information.

Since then, elections officials in nine Florida counties have unearthed hundreds of possibly fraudulent registration forms.

Chris Cate, a spokesman for the Florida Department of State, said the state does not yet know the exactly how many forms were allegedly faked. While it is not unusual to get reports of incomplete registration cards, Cate said it is rare for the state to have so many forms with false or wrong information.

"We are concerned about any cases of voter fraud," Cate said. "In this case, it has to do with most allegations regarding bad information on voter applications. We don't know the extent of how it could impact election, but we will let the Florida Department of Law Enforcement determine full extent of the problem."

Strategic Allied Consultants claims the issue stemmed from one employee, who was fired on Sept. 15, but county election officials claim the fraud was more widespread, stretching across counties that are more than 500 miles apart.

"I don't subscribe to the theory that this was the action of one single individual who was able to get into more than half a dozen counties from one end of Florida to the other," said Paul Lux, the Okaloosa County Election Supervisor.

Lux said that out of 2,200 forms that Strategic Allied workers submitted, he and his staff have found about three dozen that appear to be faked. Some have signatures that do not match the names; others are only partially completed and a handful of forms have addresses that do not exist, he said.

Link

See, this is why the Republican Party wants Voter ID...so they can cut down on Republican election fraud.

(I'm serious...I actually believe this is their strategy, as I've mentioned previously in a different thread.)
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:58 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I give you Strategic Allied Consulting, until recently, an RNC and Romney contractor.

Link

See, this is why the Republican Party wants Voter ID...so they can cut down on Republican election fraud.

(I'm serious...I actually believe this is their strategy, as I've mentioned previously in a different thread.)

I don't know- some of the stuff they're accused of seems way worse than anything ACORN did- going out and registering voters, then binning anyone who might vote Dem. They received a lot of money for their services over the years. $3.1 million in 2012 from the RNC.

Link
Last edited by Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:58 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Link

I don't know- some of the stuff they're accused of seems way worse than anything ACORN did- going out and registering voters, then binning anyone who might vote Dem. They received a lot of money for their services over the years. $3.1 million in 2012.

I suspect you mis-read my post.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:00 pm

'Tis always a possibility. I may have just wanted to add that link.

Of course, I fully expect the usual suspects to condemn this more serious example of fraud in even stronger terms than those they reserve for ACORN.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Symmetry wrote:'Tis always a possibility. I may have just wanted to add that link.

Of course, I fully expect the usual suspects to condemn this more serious example of fraud in even stronger terms than those they reserve for ACORN.

"That wasn't us, that was someone else."

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Symmetry wrote:'Tis always a possibility. I may have just wanted to add that link.

"That wasn't us, that was someone else."

It will likely go ignored. I've lost the will for incendiary tactics when making threads. Perhaps the thread will serve as a reminder that conservative posters don't actually care about election fraud, they just don't want minorities to vote.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Symmetry, do you want to use my vote? You seem to care more about American politics than I do.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm

I don't subscribe to the theory that this was the action of one single individual who was able to get into more than half a dozen counties from one end of Florida to the other," said Paul Lux, the Okaloosa County Election Supervisor.

Wait, he doesn't think that one guy could've faked 36 papers?

And 82 counties... sure, but is the information centralized? One guy with access to a database can easily forge 36 papers.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:31 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Symmetry, do you want to use my vote? You seem to care more about American politics than I do.

I'm registered 57 times in 13 states in your name already bub. Got fake ID's from college students just in case.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:33 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Symmetry, do you want to use my vote? You seem to care more about American politics than I do.

I'm registered 57 times in 13 states in your name already bub. Got fake ID's from college students just in case.

ok good. Just let me know if you plan on buying beer with it you hoodlum!
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:43 pm

Daily Kos wrote:Several voters in Florida got an unwelcome surprise in their mailboxes recently--official-looking letters saying that they may not be eligible to vote. There's one problem--they aren't real. Voters in at least 23 counties have gotten these letters. Most of them are registered Republicans. For instance, nine voters in Brevard, Osceola, Orange and Seminole counties in central Florida have gotten these letters--and all of them are Republicans. Since the letters were postmarked from Seattle, both the FBI and state officials are investigating.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/2 ... le-to-vote

oops, wrong thread - sorry
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 pm

So Symm, does this mean you are in favor of voter identification?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:50 pm

thegreekdog wrote:So Symm, does this mean you are in favor of voter identification?

What do you mean? If you mean state issued voter ID cards, then no. It seems like a poor solution to a virtually non-existent problem.

I'm certainly against the RNC hiring people to register voters and then binning people who lean towards the Dems.
Last edited by Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So Symm, does this mean you are in favor of voter identification?

What do you mean? If you mean state issued voter ID cards, then no. It seems like a poor solution to a virtually non-existent problem.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:02 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I had no idea what you meant either, so I went with the general right wing US take as your position. Where do you stand?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I had no idea what you meant either, so I went with the general right wing US take as your position. Where do you stand?

I went with the general UK take that you are in favor of voter identification laws. This thread further proves the point I suppose.

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:32 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I went with the general UK take that you are in favor of voter identification laws. This thread further proves the point I suppose.

Kind of odd- the UK stance on voter ID has been consistently against imposing national identification. UK elections don't require ID. Did you get confused?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Kind of odd- the UK stance on voter ID has been consistently against imposing national identification. UK elections don't require ID. Did you get confused?

So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:45 pm

thegreekdog wrote:So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.

I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.

I appreciate that you want to derail the one thread discussing Republicans engaging in electoral fraud, as opposed to your fellow travelers accusing the Democrats. Perhaps you'll do me the favour of weighing the posted evidence before you post next.

(Doing my best to sound proper English mate)
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:18 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.

I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.

I appreciate that you want to derail the one thread discussing Republicans engaging in electoral fraud, as opposed to your fellow travelers accusing the Democrats. Perhaps you'll do me the favour of weighing the posted evidence before you post next.

(Doing my best to sound proper English mate)

Why?

Postby HapSmo19 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:21 am

Symmetry wrote:

I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.....)

If you were deemed stable, and were allowed to have a british drivers license, could that piece of identification be used to verify your identity in Scotland and/or northern Ireland?
Lieutenant HapSmo19

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:33 am

HapSmo19 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.....)

If you were deemed stable, and were allowed to have a british drivers license, could that piece of identification be used to verify your identity in Scotland and/or northern Ireland?

It appears that Symm is in favor of voter identification cards, so long as these cards are not national ID cards. I would say he's pro-voter ID cards in that instance. Seems pretty clear to me.

Postby Woodruff on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 am

saxitoxin wrote:
Daily Kos wrote:Several voters in Florida got an unwelcome surprise in their mailboxes recently--official-looking letters saying that they may not be eligible to vote. There's one problem--they aren't real. Voters in at least 23 counties have gotten these letters. Most of them are registered Republicans. For instance, nine voters in Brevard, Osceola, Orange and Seminole counties in central Florida have gotten these letters--and all of them are Republicans. Since the letters were postmarked from Seattle, both the FBI and state officials are investigating.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/2 ... le-to-vote

oops, wrong thread - sorry

The letters were postmarked from SEATTLE?!!??!?!?! To Florida? Egad. <chuckle>

That being said, I hope these fuckers get prosecuted harshly.

Postby Symmetry on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
HapSmo19 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

It appears that Symm is in favor of voter identification cards, so long as these cards are not national ID cards. I would say he's pro-voter ID cards in that instance. Seems pretty clear to me.

Nope, I don't support voter ID cards either. Perhaps you could take a time out and state your position on the Republican election fraud.
Sergeant Symmetry

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,