Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two, extended

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:18 pm

Vodean, I have done everything I can to stop this lynch. At this point it is inevitable. Can you use your 1-shot and tell us who you used it on so we know what alignment they are?

Preferably one of the potential scum... I would suggest jonty or LSU, but it is up to your discretion. Alternately, do nemdreel so town mislynches. It Will serve them right fr not listening.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 pm

vodean wrote:if the scum are doing an even half-assed job, it would be very tough for us to switch to their side.
What exactly does this mean?
Will you please just do as I asked and give clear and complete explanation of the exact mechanics of your ability to change alignments? If you were 100% honest and upfront about stuff like this it would be much easier for the town to trust you. (This also goes for some other Humans of the same nature.)
Captain spiesr

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 am

at the end, the stupidity of chaos set in and remained.
spiesr wrote:
vodean wrote:if the scum are doing an even half-assed job, it would be very tough for us to switch to their side.
Will you please just do as I asked and give clear and complete explanation of the exact mechanics of your ability to change alignments? If you were 100% honest and upfront about stuff like this it would be much easier for the town to trust you. (This also goes for some other Humans of the same nature.)

like doom said, we can tie our alignment to one person once. we can pick anyone, and do not find out what our alignment becomes, but our alignment is permanently tied to theirs (unless someone else subverts us). which means at this point we are all third party. go ahead and lynch me. its fucking stupid of you to do, but maybe then i will be able to replace in and get a scum role so i can play of of your retardedness. it shouldnt be hard. just look at the lynchwagon on me. i guarantee some scum
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby jonty125 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 am

vodean wrote:jonty, as far as i know CHOSE to recite that poem.

No, I did not choose to, it was enforced upon me.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:28 am

Sadly we don't learn WHAT the WC is upon alignment. Which is pretty much the reason one will use it until they are perfectly certain of it's result.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby pancakemix on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:50 am

vodean wrote:at the end, the stupidity of chaos set in and remained.
spiesr wrote:

like doom said, we can tie our alignment to one person once. we can pick anyone, and do not find out what our alignment becomes, but our alignment is permanently tied to theirs (unless someone else subverts us). which means at this point we are all third party. go ahead and lynch me. its fucking stupid of you to do, but maybe then i will be able to replace in and get a scum role so i can play of of your retardedness. it shouldnt be hard. just look at the lynchwagon on me. i guarantee some scum

A motivating rebuttal. Did you ever actually say why it was you were reciting the poem? I feel like I missed it, I'm struggling to give this game the time it deserves.

If you didn't, why the hell SHOULD we keep you around? Clearly, if you're acting strange and your only defense is "You're retarded for lynching me", you're not a productive townie and ought to be done away with (And don't say you're third party, because we know you're the equivalent of VT).
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 am

He's reciting because he went insane.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 am

DoomYoshi wrote:He's reciting because he went insane.

And he's insane because he used an action, and apparently when the humans use actions, they have a chance of going insane.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:
And he's insane because he used an action, and apparently when the humans use actions, they have a chance of going insane.
Not exactly. He is insane because he asked an elder god for information. This isn't the same thing as using an action. (Even if it might be the only thing a Human can do.)
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 pm

spiesr wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:
Not exactly. He is insane because he asked an elder god for information. This isn't the same thing as using an action. (Even if it might be the only thing a Human can do.)

:-s
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Uh, sorry comm9.

I am not sure what else I can see about LSU. He has only made 3 conclusions all game, and none of them have been valid. He hasn't defended those conclusions in any way. Or posted since I voted him.

Since you've been here long enough (and I generally consider you to be a good player), I was just surprised that you jumped so fast on him as well. His lack of defence (and activity whatsoever) should have also been mentioned, but I just felt that it was a quick jump from one person to the other and was rather done not with reasoning, but just an attempt to find someone to focus to - which is what I disliked.

@ Vodean - while I generally disagree with your lynch, I do think that your accusatory phrases (that seem to be more so to be driven by emotions rather than rationale) are not helping your case.

DoomYoshi wrote:Vodean, I have done everything I can to stop this lynch. At this point it is inevitable. Can you use your 1-shot and tell us who you used it on so we know what alignment they are?

Preferably one of the potential scum... I would suggest jonty or LSU, but it is up to your discretion. Alternately, do nemdreel so town mislynches. It Will serve them right fr not listening.

I would feel the most secure with going after Jonty (after him LSU) from the ones you've mentioned (and definitely better than Vodean), although I still would prefer Safari as I've got the most bad vibes from him and it seems we wouldn't have enough time to discuss through all of our avenues.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:37 pm

the elders chuckled quietly when they realized how easily they could win.

so no one doubts my claim, and no one doubts that humans are not scum, yet we are all in agreement that i shold be lynched? trust me, no info will be gained from lynching me. i dont know what color my name will be (if it will be colored), but i do know that my role will appear as "normal human". thats all you will get. the reason i am posting lines of chants (not poems, i am writing them myself) is because i asked the gods for tracking info, which meant there was about a 50% (i didnt know the odds at the time, and am guessing now) chance of me going insane. the insanity may or may not be permanent. it may also change over time.
So for those of you who were skimming and didnt have this info already, there it is. see? i have given you everything you want, you are just ignoring it in your irrational bloodlusted state.
with that, i will say that you have all the info you could possibly want, and that to continue to pursue my lynch is unbelievably scummy (especially since so many people are backing my story up).
Sergeant vodean

Postby spiesr on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:52 pm

vodean wrote:like doom said, we can tie our alignment to one person once. we can pick anyone, and do not find out what our alignment becomes, but our alignment is permanently tied to theirs (unless someone else subverts us). which means at this point we are all third party. go ahead and lynch me. its fucking stupid of you to do, but maybe then i will be able to replace in and get a scum role so i can play of of your retardedness. it shouldnt be hard. just look at the lynchwagon on me. i guarantee some scum
Okay, my question now is that this doesn't seem to match very well with this other statement.
If the scum, or whatever we have, are doing well then the ratio of scum to non-scum increases, thus giving you a greater chance of hitting one with that power. But you said that is scum were doing well it would be harder to switch to their side. This seems at odds with your explanation, care to explain the discrepancy?
Captain spiesr

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 pm

in the dusk, there was still hope for the rising dawn. they came. the were.
spiesr wrote:
vodean wrote:like doom said, we can tie our alignment to one person once. we can pick anyone, and do not find out what our alignment becomes, but our alignment is permanently tied to theirs (unless someone else subverts us). which means at this point we are all third party. go ahead and lynch me. its fucking stupid of you to do, but maybe then i will be able to replace in and get a scum role so i can play of of your retardedness. it shouldnt be hard. just look at the lynchwagon on me. i guarantee some scum
Okay, my question now is that this doesn't seem to match very well with this other statement.
If the scum, or whatever we have, are doing well then the ratio of scum to non-scum increases, thus giving you a greater chance of hitting one with that power. But you said that is scum were doing well it would be harder to switch to their side. This seems at odds with your explanation, care to explain the discrepancy?

if the scum are doing well, we wont know who they are, and wont be able to attach our WC to them intentionally.
Sergeant vodean

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi a little wifi spot for me, will be back fully moday! Vodean is telling the truth and is not lonely, we are a few with this role. We have no idea of who is sharing our role but the role pm being quite dense there are many things that help us recognize each other. By the way guys since we are kind of in the middle with a strong potential i think for our own good we should be like a "trade union force". This goes for sane and insane, as we still have the possibility to all stick as one to a given player s wc. And obviously we are not masoned otherwise i wouldn t plot in here. So Town and anti Town you have
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:47 pm

SOrry submitted by ugly phone mistake.
I was saying that toWn and anti Town have better things to do that haunting us because we are an asset not a threat. We just need to have a better idea of what s going on. I m sure if you guys had to choose a player to get his wc you d be pretty lost right now. To tell more about the mechanism, we can worship who we want when we want, it lasts all game and alters our wc to the person we follow, but we don t get to know what this person s wc is....
Major betiko

Postby vodean on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:50 pm

an in the darkest dark, a hopeful alliance was formed.

i agree. we need to stick together.
Sergeant vodean

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 am

vodean wrote:

That's all well and good; but you were trying to raise the dead and I thought you were trying to raise the Shoggoth who is an elder God with a killing faction, so that seemed a bad idea to me. (granted, you could have been trying to raise soundman but if you've been made insane by an elder God, I'd expect you to be trying to raise one).
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby vodean on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:01 am

the dawn lightened, yet dusk approached.
jonty125 wrote:
vodean wrote:

That's all well and good; but you were trying to raise the dead and I thought you were trying to raise the Shoggoth who is an elder God with a killing faction, so that seemed a bad idea to me. (granted, you could have been trying to raise soundman but if you've been made insane by an elder God, I'd expect you to be trying to raise one).

well if you bothered to google it, like some people even did for you, you would know that the entire thing was a chant to raise the dead. at the end i put soundman's name to see if it actually did anything... might as well try right? reviving a townie is ALWAYS a good thing until we learn otherwise (thinking about the mechanics we may not wish to trust anyone who was raised, but we will face that hurdle when we come to it).
Sergeant vodean

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:29 am

vodean wrote:the dawn lightened, yet dusk approached.
jonty125 wrote:
vodean wrote:

well if you bothered to google it, like some people even did for you, you would know that the entire thing was a chant to raise the dead. at the end i put soundman's name to see if it actually did anything... might as well try right? reviving a townie is ALWAYS a good thing until we learn otherwise (thinking about the mechanics we may not wish to trust anyone who was raised, but we will face that hurdle when we come to it).

Yeah forgot about that. Vodean, that ugly chant thing had nothing to do with my role and you said it feels good to say it. You were not just trying something, you know more. Also you said that someone made you insane, not that it was the result of your question to yog sothoth. I think you turned insane with that + you might have been recruited. Do you know by who?
Major betiko

Postby vodean on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:20 am

the blood flew and time stopped
betiko wrote:
vodean wrote:the dawn lightened, yet dusk approached.
jonty125 wrote:
vodean wrote:

Yeah forgot about that. Vodean, that ugly chant thing had nothing to do with my role and you said it feels good to say it. You were not just trying something, you know more. Also you said that someone made you insane, not that it was the result of your question to yog sothoth. I think you turned insane with that + you might have been recruited. Do you know by who?

at the start of the day i believed that it was people's action's on me that turned me insane. I therefore believed that i was either recruited or investigated. I learned later that it was our own actions that drove us to insanity. It is possible that someone recruited me, but i did ask /, and he said he would let us know if our alignment changed. i can confirm that my alignment did NOT change. so i have no way of knowing if i was recruited other than that...
and lol at the start of your post. "that ugly chant thing" i dont understand your turn-around. yesterday you were saying that humans should stick together.
Sergeant vodean

Postby rishaed on Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:12 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Vodean, I have done everything I can to stop this lynch. At this point it is inevitable. Can you use your 1-shot and tell us who you used it on so we know what alignment they are?

So that it puts Allt he people to rest who are calling for Vod's death. I used my 1shot very early in the game to see if i could put scum very early out of business. The problem that i occured is that I didn't get the WC I got 'Ok, I tagged you to X's WC' Nothing more nothing less. As is my X is not going to be revealed whatsoever, but this lynch on vodean is bad bad news, and you're all Idiots for trying to lynch someone who's role has been confirmed by multiple other people. So FOS Strike If you don't want an unknown to be lynched then push a NL vote.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby edocsil on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 am

rishaed wrote:

So that it puts Allt he people to rest who are calling for Vod's death. I used my 1shot very early in the game to see if i could put scum very early out of business. The problem that i occured is that I didn't get the WC I got 'Ok, I tagged you to X's WC' Nothing more nothing less. As is my X is not going to be revealed whatsoever, but this lynch on vodean is bad bad news, and you're all Idiots for trying to lynch someone who's role has been confirmed by multiple other people. So FOS Strike If you don't want an unknown to be lynched then push a NL vote.

Picked one already? Ballsy.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:33 am

rishaed wrote:

Don't insult people. I know I did it to you earlier, but in general it's a terrible way to play this game. Anyways, vodean, please use action now and tell us who you used it on so we know what's going on. Deadline is almost reached and I don't see any unvotes for you.

Unvote vote LSU counter wagon. Go! Go! Go!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:32 am

rishaed wrote:

Sorry if I don't necessarily trust a third party who may switch alliances (up till my last post no one had offered me any explanation that suitably proved that vodean could be trusted in the least). Voting for a no lynch with over a day before deadline is a waste of town resources at this point in the game. It's best to use town time to pressure cases and find scum. I do not necessarily object to the LSU case as a possible means of doing this but I just don't see a case against him while there were unnerving unknowns regarding Vodean and his insanity (which still appears different than Jonty's). HOWEVER, this latest information that's come out about you switching sides does change things and I will Unvote because of that. So no I won't vote LSU. I do not see a need to rush a lynch today when we've lynched one third party already. I'm actually fairly disappointed with the people in this game who have blatantly band wagoned him as the case likely to get a lynch.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives