Conquer Club

The Revolution Begins

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Revolution Begins

Postby josko.ri on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 am

Eddie2 became webmaster? Long tome no voice from him maybe he changed profile? :-$ As a serious note the site had more than 20 thousands users during some months then it has fallen down rapidly. No need to be extra smart to connect puzzle, analyze when it went rapidly down, which issues had happened at that time as main reason players started leaving the site, and take care that similar things never happens again. Thanks to lack ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby mibi on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:34 am

Hats off to you both, Andy and Lack, you have achieved something great here for sure. Best of luck to the new management.
Captain mibi

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:36 am

Chewie1 wrote:
Awesome. Our new administrator is an admitted multi. This does not bode well....

Best out in the open now, rather then 6 months down the line.

Fresh faces, fresh impetus....

Everyone should look on the positive side and give the guys a chance to improve things before starting up old complaints.
(Although dice do need fixing)

Agreed. I was in a bit overly pessimistic mood last night!
Cook Butters1919

Postby sherkaner on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 am

Thanks Lack and Andy for developing such a great site/community which got me hooked for quite a lot of time (I won't go into how much...). Have fun with whatever you are going to do in the time freed up now.

And welcome to the new overlords :D, hope you'll be able to breath some new life into this site. I'm afraid I'll leave soon (0 active games etc.), but I will look from time to time to see how things are progressing.
Colonel sherkaner

Re: !!!!!!!!!

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:33 am

John Deere wrote:
WorldCup4James wrote:
John Deere wrote:What a fitting title! "Revolution" So i should give my money to a mass murderer supporter? Che was a great profligate adulterer.... Or is it the anti rock n roll that has the new leader so hiped up about Che' piece of shit ass? Or do you support atomic war like Che? im trying to figure out your angle here.... Please help us out with your ignorant thought process.... What a damn joke! Damn uneducated people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Maybe the fact that he was a guerrilla war expert? Also a useful CC skill...

All in all, very excited about this Revolution!
Suggestion: cater some additions to the tournament organisers; such as removing V, or revamping the invites system, etc.

Pay no attention to the mass murdering thing..... Ignorance is bliss

8-[ :mrgreen: B-B! B-B! B-B! B-B! B-B!
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby agentcom on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 am

I see some conversation about increasing the number of users. I think 15,000 users in the last 30 days is just fine. I'd rather see CC improve the user experience for those people. If you want a metric, I would suggest using % of users that are premium. As the site doesn't gain advertising revenue, the premiums only serve a limited business-related purpose: (1) they are potential customers and (2) they fill up the games for all the premium users out there.

So, let's get this site operating in good form, make people happy, encourage them to buy premium and then let word of mouth, user retention, SEO, and whatever advertising is done take it from there.

I appreciate that both the Chief and Rds have mentioned Suggestions. I do believe that I am already starting to see some increased traffic to that page in the last couple days. I think that is great, and thank you both for encouraging the use of Suggestions as a means of improving the site. There is a lot of great stuff out there on many different levels. This list is by no means exhaustive, but I'd like to give a representation of some of the great ideas that are out there that are thanks to our users:

There are simple fixes that would benefit all users.

There are major gameplay enhancements that will take a lot of time to implement, but could be very cool and very different ways of playing this game that we all love.

There are perks for premium members that could make the site more attractive to those that keep the lights on.

There are [urlhttp://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=535&t=174463&p=3811528]enticements to freemiums to buy premium[/url].

Those are just a couple of the suggestions that come to mind right now. I realize that a lot of users have been dissatisfied with the suggestions process in the past. If you have any tips for how to improve the process, I've opened a thread here.

I am with the majority here in that I am excited to see what happens as a result of this "Revolution"!
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Arama86n on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks for a great site Lack =D>
And in my opinion this is as good a time as any to leave, the option to play trench games really has completed the CC experience for me, your work is done.

Andy, I don't know you, but the hundreds of times I've seen you post in the forum it's always been with an optimistic, friendly and pleasant demeanour, even when people have been being vile. I salute you sir. =D> May you have a long and prosperous life with all the bananas your heart desires. :)
Major Arama86n

Postby Herbas on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks lack and Andy for this great website I enjoy so much! Good luck in your future works!

By the way, if it is not a secret, just wondering when it was finally decided to change ownership of this website?
Colonel Herbas

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks Lack and Andy for all your hard work. This site has entertained me for over 6 years now.
I look forward to seeing how far this site will go from here on out!
Colonel 4 U 2 NV

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Do you think this site will stay ad free?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Huh, well what do you know. Didn't think that was going to happen anytime soon.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Do you think this site will stay ad free?

There aren't any current plans to bring ads on, and I'm sure not going to suggest any! :)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:32 pm

El_Jefe, if you need, I'll be willing to program for a small wage of 40 dollars a minute.

cout << "Army of GOD is the best";
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Army of GOD wrote:While (1==1)
{
}

Enhanced.
Last edited by MoB Deadly on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Where (1==1)
{
}

Enhanced.

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Dako on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Herbas wrote:Thanks lack and Andy for this great website I enjoy so much! Good luck in your future works!

By the way, if it is not a secret, just wondering when it was finally decided to change ownership of this website?

Mods first got a message about that 3 weeks ago. I don't know when the admins decided to do the sale, but think it was 4-6 weeks ago.
Colonel Dako

Postby bedub1 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Chewie1 wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
El_Jefe wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. A few people have asked about the huge gap (five years) in my account activity here. Allow me to explain...
I started to play CC and was just getting into it. My son got the bug so I helped him get set up as well. He got hooked and soon begged me for premium membership (how could I refuse?). Then he played for a few months but, as kids do, eventually got distracted (with 20+ games on the go). I played his account so he wouldn't deadbeat all his games and soon I was hooked on the speed games and improving his ranking. Suddenly five years and 1500+ games go by. The current admins suggested I revert back to my ID for this transition as he had some personal info in game comments and plenty of seven year old fits of rage after a run of bad luck.
That is all. Feel free to let the conspiracy theories start to fly. :-s

Awesome. Our new administrator is an admitted multi. This does not bode well....

Best out in the open now, rather then 6 months down the line.

Fresh faces, fresh impetus....

Everyone should look on the positive side and give the guys a chance to improve things before starting up old complaints.
(Although dice do need fixing)

Just goes to show that when you get caught with crimes serious enough and they make you buy back in, you have to buy it all.
Colonel bedub1

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:09 pm

A pleasure to work with you both lackattack and Andy, thanks for the assistance, patience and support in the map-making/gaming business.

Congrats to the new team and best wishes for any innovations you can create

cairnswk
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby blakebowling on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:23 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:while (1)
{
cout << "Army of GOD is bad at C";
}

Enhanced.

Enhanced.
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:29 pm

i think ads would be a great addition to this site, for freemiums.

buying membership removes them.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

greenoaks wrote:i think ads would be a great addition to this site, for freemiums.

agreed...new revenue stream
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby john9blue on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:32 pm

whoa.

whoa whoa whoa. this is crazy!

is it really conquer club without lack? looks like we'll find out... sad to see him go. this website has been one of my favorites for a long time. i'm even thinking about starting my own online strategy game, which has been influenced in no small part by my experiences here.

sad to see andy go, too. i remember when i used to browse the foundry back in '07 and see him giving helpful tips to wannabe mapmakers like myself. i guess now that you're not a moderator, you can tell all of the OT regulars how you REALLY feel about us...
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:40 pm

greenoaks wrote:i think ads would be a great addition to this site, for freemiums.

As a freemium myself, I certainly agree, even though it would affect me negatively. Perhaps it could even provide enough of a revenue stream to lower the cost of premium by a small bit.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Since there has been a good 6+ years of no advertisements I feel like it'd be very lame to start having advertisements. They don't need to threaten freemiums to go premium, they need to entice them with perks like pick a color, game titles, etc.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby agentcom on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22 pm

I keep hearing people talk about a "sale." Perhaps intentionally, I haven't heard anyone who would actually know confirm or deny this. Not sure that it matters, but just thought I'd point that out.

As for ads, I don't necessarily mind them as long as there are no pop-ups or sound. Even animation would be annoying, but I don't mind banners. That said, since this site already lacks a mobile interface, it might be annoying to the mobile users. And I know some people just don't like ads.

As for ads decreasing the cost of premium ... not sure about that. Premium has only gone up $5 (25%) over the course of 5 or 6 years. I don't think that even keeps up with inflation. I wouldn't expect a price reduction anytime soon.

I should note that I have no authority over any of the topics on which I just spoke. Completely opinion ;)
Brigadier agentcom

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives