Conquer Club

The Revolution Begins

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Revolution Begins

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:19 am

Gilligan wrote:
dcowboys055 wrote:Congrats on growing the site so well lack and bowing out gracefully. I've now spent over a fourth of my life (!) as a CC member and still love playing.

Andy, you da man for shouting out the longest thread, thread. You've also done a great job on here. Clear and level leadership!

dc

Holy crap.

I've spent 32% of my life here.

HA!
bunch of losers...
i've not even spent 10 percent of my life here. just a mere 9.6
get a friggun life will ya
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby chapcrap on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Gunn217 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
hopefully the new management here will put through for TO's a multiple game create and invite update. ;)

I dream of that day!

Amen!

This
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby El_Jefe on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:18 am

Lack provided me with a list of the things he wished he had the time to make happen and improving the clan experience was near the top of it. We now have the time and resources that we will be able to tackle it before long. There are some smaller updates to work on first (and some time required for everyone involved to get comfortable with the code). We should have a timeline and a more detailed description of exactly what clan features we are working on soon.

WPBRJ wrote:Congrats to all the new faces

I was just wondering we're the new officials stand on competitive clans there have been tons of broken promises from the old? Is this going to continue with the new guys promise the world to make us happy and do nothing to buy time and then in another year just repromise and still do nothing?

Just wondering

R.J.
Sergeant 1st Class El_Jefe

Postby Leehar on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:33 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Gunn217 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
hopefully the new management here will put through for TO's a multiple game create and invite update. ;)

I dream of that day!

Amen!

Reload ftw!

How would multiple invites happen tho? With different peops always?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 am

Leehar wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Gunn217 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

I dream of that day!

Amen!

Reload ftw!

How would multiple invites happen tho? With different peops always?

A first step would be to make multiple invites possible for identical games. In many tournies you have the same group of six players, for instance, playing 10 identical games on Classic or whatever. That could be done by putting the invite lines directly on the Create Game page, so you fill in the players' names, and then you just create the same game multiple times.

A second step would be to make the same thing possible when the same group of players play different games. Not much more challenging.

A third step would be to make it possible to load a text file into an invite portal of some kind. So, you create five 8-player games, and then you just upload your text file with 40 names on it and they are invited into the 40 empty slots in sequence

The fourth and possibly most exciting step, is the bypass invitations entirely and load players directly into games, the way the Conquer Cup does. If you recall, lackattack promised that the Conquer Cup engine would eventually be available to all tournament organisers, and El Jefe has reiterated that this promise will eventually be fulfilled.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 am

i would like the 3rd option.

then DaveH could run a series of articles in the newsletter on how to create those files using Excel. :ugeek:
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gunn217 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 am

Are we going to get an explanation on why (and a list of who) people were booted? Let's face it, GLG is a hot topic on this site and people are wondering what's going on.
Major Gunn217

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 am

Nah, he's history. Good riddance.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby IditarodGuy on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:00 am

Gunn217 wrote:Are we going to get an explanation on why (and a list of who) people were booted? Let's face it, GLG is a hot topic on this site and people are wondering what's going on.

I defiantly think we should get some sort of notification we important people are booted.
Major IditarodGuy

Postby Gunn217 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:Nah, he's history. Good riddance.

I don't disagree with that but I don't like that people got the boot with no explanation. Someone posted that he wasn't the only one and I'ld like to know who else and why. I'll probably agree with what they did but I'd still like to know. The more you keep people in the dark that less happy they'll be.
Major Gunn217

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 am

Gunn217 wrote:

I don't disagree with that but I don't like that people got the boot with no explanation. Someone posted that he wasn't the only one and I'ld like to know who else and why. I'll probably agree with what they did but I'd still like to know. The more you keep people in the dark that less happy they'll be.

+1 on this.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Leehar on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 am

Gunn217 wrote:

The other was a multi.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Gunn217 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Leehar wrote:The other was a multi.

OOOOK.......

What's with the secrecy?
Major Gunn217

Postby Butters1919 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Well, that explains everything!
Cook Butters1919

Postby Leehar on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Gunn217 wrote:

OOOOK.......

What's with the secrecy?

Butters1919 wrote:

Gunn mentioned that he heard "Someone post that he wasn't the only one", so I was just clarifying that specific incident mentioned was a normal multi-case (if indeed it's the same one)

With regards to glg which I surmise is the cause of this apprehension, there's little I know, and even less I can share, so someone else would likely need to enlighten you.
I can say tho that the Mods are aware of the consternation, and the issue is under discussion currently so hopefully some light will be shed on it, but again, since I haven't followed it personally, and am not involved officially, it's something I didn't address in my earlier post
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby trinicardinal on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Leehar wrote:
Gunn217 wrote:

OOOOK.......

What's with the secrecy?

Butters1919 wrote:

Gunn mentioned that he heard "Someone post that he wasn't the only one", so I was just clarifying that specific incident mentioned was a normal multi-case (if indeed it's the same one)

With regards to glg which I surmise is the cause of this apprehension, there's little I know, and even less I can share, so someone else would likely need to enlighten you.
I can say tho that the Mods are aware of the consternation, and the issue is under discussion currently so hopefully some light will be shed on it, but again, since I haven't followed it personally, and am not involved officially, it's something I didn't address in my earlier post

I'll give my opinion on all of this -

In many cases busts and other disciplinary actions take place behind the scenes and there is no public thread for various reasons including the following factors:

1. a post or pm might have been reported (using the little exclamation mark in the triangle)
2. it might have resulted from a routine scan
3. it might have resulted from a request by another mod
4. it may have resulted from repeated observation of particular users
5. other ways I may not know about (me not being a member of the hunters)

GLG has certainly had a very colourful past here and I know has certainly had clashes with a lot of people over many issues... mods and non mods alike. Thus there are many possibilities that could have triggered his recent ban. I, myself, only became aware of it this morning and while it would be nice to have more information I know that the decision is not one that would have been lightly made. These decisions generally take time and often the user has had many many chances before it reaches this stage. Most often a decision like this is taken with the view of having a better overall community and it is often pretty clear where the user has broken the rules or gone against guidelines. We all know that GLG was constantly pushing and it is extremely likely that we are fairly sure what his violations were.

At the end of the day, while I hope admin will see fit to make a statement on the matter, it is their decision and one that I expect they have properly made. The other ban that came about seems to have been a regular ban based on completely normal procedures from the Hunters and not in any way linked to the GLG case but also seems to have been trigger by some behind the scenes action. I don't think there is any intent at secrecy merely work being done as part of the mod/admin "jobs" that has resulted in these 2 situation. If admin choose to provide the reasons I look forward to reading the explanation as keenly as, I am sure, you all do.
Last edited by trinicardinal on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Sorry for my lateness, I meant to have something prepared sooner for the public:

Many of you have heard separate reasons that are all things that have contributed to the permanent website ban of the player Gen.LeeGettinhed. His gameplay and abuse of the game alone did not give him this ban, his incessant use of moderator times and frustrations across multiple departments alone did not warrant his vacation, and neither, alone, did his generally unpleasant way of handling situations with the Team grant him this vacation.

GLG's banning was brought on by a summation of all of the previous. His gross abuse of the game, waste of multiple moderation teams' time, and generally annoying attitude towards TeamCC and the community at large all pointed to one direction: GLG was not worth our, nor the community's time. The site and the community will be better off with him not being a factor of the website, and ultimately, this is one example of us exercising the Common Sense clause that if a member is making the community less enjoyable for others, that they will be removed from it. This was decided on not only by myself, but other admin as well.

If you would like to discuss this information further, I encourage it in a healthy and respectful manner in another thread. As for 'others' being banned, there isn't anyone (to my knowledge) that is out of the normal Disciplinary scale. I think the 'others' comment was accidentally misleading! Best,

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby plurple on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Gunn217 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

I dream of that day!

plus a million from me
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Gunn217 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:43 pm

I hope that me asking for info wasn't taken offensively.

I am a supporter of the admin of this site and appreciate all that you do, especially the volunteers.
Major Gunn217

Postby _sabotage_ on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Sorry for my lateness, I meant to have something prepared sooner for the public:

Many of you have heard separate reasons that are all things that have contributed to the permanent website ban of the player Gen.LeeGettinhed. His gameplay and abuse of the game alone did not give him this ban, his incessant use of moderator times and frustrations across multiple departments alone did not warrant his vacation, and neither, alone, did his generally unpleasant way of handling situations with the Team grant him this vacation.

GLG's banning was brought on by a summation of all of the previous. His gross abuse of the game, waste of multiple moderation teams' time, and generally annoying attitude towards TeamCC and the community at large all pointed to one direction: GLG was not worth our, nor the community's time. The site and the community will be better off with him not being a factor of the website, and ultimately, this is one example of us exercising the Common Sense clause that if a member is making the community less enjoyable for others, that they will be removed from it. This was decided on not only by myself, but other admin as well.

If you would like to discuss this information further, I encourage it in a healthy and respectful manner in another thread. As for 'others' being banned, there isn't anyone (to my knowledge) that is out of the normal Disciplinary scale. I think the 'others' comment was accidentally misleading! Best,

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)

I beat Lack by 9 months, I sold my business in feb. I started out with an idea and started getting drained from all directions. The idea got lost in the tedious everyday bullshit and one mans garbage is another's treasure. Lack seems to have been caught in a similar situation and El_jefe will likely earn money. He has a chance to come in above the bs and not have a thousand compromises to face but a quick slash and burn.

For me this was a slash and burn but not at the source. Perhaps regardless of the strategy used, GLG might be beyond salvage, nevertheless, the quoted reasons above just show a full hearted headlong plunge into the worst depths of the entrenched pit this site now is.

Kafka has his trial and CC has theirs. I've written before on my feelings for the direction of this site and seen many good ideas submitted but it seems that the guard will block the door until we all drift away.

Let me be clear:

Gameplay and abuse of the game: CCs problem.

Moderator abuse: CCs fault.

I can't really see any other reasons given. It takes two to tango and if you light the candles, and play the song don't be surprised at the dancers.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Gunn217 wrote:I hope that me asking for info wasn't taken offensively.

I am a supporter of the admin of this site and appreciate all that you do, especially the volunteers.

Thanks! None taken offensively. I had planned to let you guys know sooner than later.

BMO

Postby nippersean on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:54 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Sorry for my lateness, I meant to have something prepared sooner for the public:

--rdsrds2120 (BMO)

Well thank goodness for good old fashioned common sense.

.....but....is el Gefe actually GLG or not?
Brigadier nippersean

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm

No, I can assure you that he is not GLG. Check El_Jefe's account, that's in Indonesia. GLG is in the United States!

BMO

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:48 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:No, I can assure you that he is not GLG. Check El_Jefe's account, that's in Indonesia. GLG is in the United States!

BMO

also, i think he might have had account sitting issues, i had screenshots of 5 different times when he was in Croatia or the US
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby sundance123 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:50 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:No, I can assure you that he is not GLG. Check El_Jefe's account, that's in Indonesia. GLG is in the United States!

BMO

Surely that can be masked with a proxy server.

For some real evidence I would like to point to the fact that El Jefe is spanish for THE HEAD.

That is a fact :)
Captain sundance123

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives