Conquer Club

Sore Losers[closed]SN

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Sore Losers[closed]SN

Postby Ltconklin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:46 am

I am not going to accuse anyone straight out because i know there are multiple people doing it. What I am getting at is the problem of sore losers or just plain jerks, who leave a crappy rating on someone with out any reason. I am new to this as you can tell I have only a handful of games under my belt. But, I feel i have been unjustly rated by my peers. Just because i won against some one doesn't give them the right to be a a poor sport. I would rather not 'get back' at the person and leave them a bad score because it would just perpetuate itself. Should i just forget it and take it as part of the game or what?
Corporal 1st Class Ltconklin

Re: Sore Losers

Postby GeneralRisk on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 am

Forget it
Major GeneralRisk

Re: Sore Losers

Postby sirgermaine on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:02 am

Accused:
Lavoye

The accused are suspected of:
Ratings Abuse

Game number:
Game 11840143

Comments: You have three ratings. You're not being charitable by "not naming names".
Major sirgermaine

Re: Sore Losers[pending]SN

Postby sniffie on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 am

If you feel you have received an unjustified rating from someone and that player leaves that kind of ratings often, you'll have to give me a name. Otherwise I can't do much.

You could always try to send the player that has rated you unjust a PM and ask him/her to change the rating.

Sniff

p.s. I noticed you have only 3 ratings, the bad rating you recently received will level out in time.
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby Arama86n on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 am

I can't see this going through. Even if you won the game, he is entitled to his OPINION that you played poorly. In Fog games it is naturally hard to see the whole picture, so subjective opinions come even more into play.

If I may give you some advice as someone who has played a lot of standard flat-rate games once upon of time: you're going to have to get used to people telling you your an idiot for not playing to their advantage. Some less intelligent people beleive that their subjective opinion is objective truth, the law if you will. And anyone who doesn't play like them are fools.
Then there are those that are play-acting, they will scream bloody murder to try and sway other players to do their bidding. Bully others into doing their will. All this comes tenfold in fog games.

Welcome to CC, don't mind the idiots, most of us are decent folk :D
The victors write history, who cares what he thinks, he lost ;) gratz on the win btw
Major Arama86n

Postby Pilager on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Ltconklin wrote:I am not going to accuse anyone straight out because i know there are multiple people doing it. What I am getting at is the problem of sore losers or just plain jerks, who leave a crappy rating on someone with out any reason. I am new to this as you can tell I have only a handful of games under my belt. But, I feel i have been unjustly rated by my peers. Just because i won against some one doesn't give them the right to be a a poor sport. I would rather not 'get back' at the person and leave them a bad score because it would just perpetuate itself. Should i just forget it and take it as part of the game or what?

Don't be a pussy, if they are sore you did them good! Be proud, stand tall and rebut in the response section. Look at mine, it's a full time job. This is war canuck! Toughen up and stop crying your not everybody's hero. Just wait to see the opponents youll meet
Major Pilager

Postby Frox333 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:35 pm

oh god.....what has come of people on Earth today? if you get complained against, and say its unjust, your a total hypocrite BECAUSE WE ALL COMPLAIN. if you have an actual C&A report, then file it. Sniffie, your being way too nice with this guy.......
Major Frox333

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:16 am

if you get complained against, and say its unjust, your a total hypocrite BECAUSE WE ALL COMPLAIN

Why is it hypocritical? People usually complain with just cause and there's no hypocrisy in that.

My advice to the OP: send a reasonable PM asking the rater to kindly change it or delete it. If he won't, move on. Unfair ratings are a frequent occurrence on this site, but if you're a good and fair player then over the course of time they will become insignificant in the midst of all the fair ratings you'll duly receive.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby aad0906 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:52 am

Give the guy a break, he's new and hasn't read hundreds of C&A reports or received dozens of unfair ratings like many of us did. OP, your accusation has to be specific to be taken seriously. Check the accused's record of "ratings left" and if you are still of the opinion that the accused leaves many unjustified ratings behind then provide 5 examples in your accusation and it will be looked in to.

In the meantime, play more games and the bad rating will even out. But when I was new to the site and made some mistakes because of fog or unfamiliarity with certain maps, got a bunch of bad ratings and got foed too. As a result, sadly, I have a few 1-star ratings but nevertheless my average rating is still 4.8 so maybe I am not so bad after all.
Major aad0906

Postby sniffie on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:10 am

I've asked the OP for more info, he has not given it to me so I'll close this thread.
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Re: Sore Losers[closed]SN

Postby jakevv on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Speaking of sore losers... if you are such a stand up guy ltconklin then why don't you take your turns in speed games you sign up in. Game 11940417
Cook jakevv

Return to Closed C&A Reports