Conquer Club

Francisco

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Francisco

Postby dyrtydog on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:46 pm

What rule did he violate to have been kicked in all games, which gave his team a win because of territories and cards?

By the way, that rule sucks; if a team member has been kicked, it shouldnt be a reward.
Lieutenant dyrtydog

Re: Francisco

Postby Karl_R_Kroenen on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 am

dyrtydog wrote:What rule did he violate to have been kicked in all games, which gave his team a win because of territories and cards?

By the way, that rule sucks; if a team member has been kicked, it shouldnt be a reward.

Check the C&A threads or the C&A closed threads -> http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5
Sergeant 1st Class Karl_R_Kroenen

Postby Bones2484 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:21 am

Should be interesting to see how this plays out in the clan wars. It has affected two of our games as well.

Also, KRK, a search finds zero threads for Francisco in C&A. So that wasn't of much help.
Major Bones2484

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:53 am

I was wondering too, and there is no C&A on him.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby GeneralRisk on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:02 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:I was wondering too, and there is no C&A on him.
Im gonna take a wild guess. During the last Summer La Furia joined cc and his play looked suspicious to me. I told him I thought he was someones multi. He told me that Francisco969 was his brother and taught him how to play. Today I see that La Furia is guested also. GLG is also guested and more than likely many others were guested too. Possibly new owner running multi checks on all players.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby dyrtydog on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:02 pm

so, still nothing on this issue? I have read closed and open C&A and nothing.

Yet, his teammate is given all his regions and cards....

Why reward cheaters....if this is what it was? Automatic loss or at least not getting rewarded?
Lieutenant dyrtydog

Postby kentington on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Let me see what I can find out for you.

Just to be clear we are talking about : francisco969?

It seems that General Risk may be right that he has been guilty of being a multi.

As far as what happens when someone is banned in the middle of a team game. I will look into that as well.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 am

kentington wrote:As far as what happens when someone is banned in the middle of a team game. I will look into that as well.

We know what happens there. The next teammate gets all his territories and all his cards.

There's been countless Suggestions threads trying to change this, but the policy seems to be set in stone.
Major Bones2484

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 am

This thread is depressing
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby kentington on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 am

Bones2484 wrote:
kentington wrote:As far as what happens when someone is banned in the middle of a team game. I will look into that as well.

We know what happens there. The next teammate gets all his territories and all his cards.

There's been countless Suggestions threads trying to change this, but the policy seems to be set in stone.

Ah, sorry about that. I didn't know.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Bones2484 wrote:

ok first he was found guilty of being a multi hence the ban.

Second and most ironically the present rules regarding what happens when a multi is kicked from a team game actually are changed from what used to happen (as a result of a suggestion made and commented on by the community). Previously the person was kicked and all his territs were turned neutral and the spoils were lost then the community argued that it wasn't fair and the suggestion was made to bring it to what we currently have. Of course immediately after the suggestion was implemented people started to complain that it wasn't fair and should be changed to the same system they said wasn't fair in the first place which just goes to show that you can't please everyone and that people also have short term memories about some things. Given that the current system is actually a community driven changed system I suspect that it would be a while before they can be convinced to change it again... but certainly I would encourage people to keep making and supporting suggestions that will lead to an improved gameplay and site experience. Once they lead to improvements they are always worthwhile.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 pm

trinicardinal wrote:Second and most ironically the present rules regarding what happens when a multi is kicked from a team game actually are changed from what used to happen (as a result of a suggestion made and commented on by the community).

Do you have the thread where that original suggestion was made? I'm just curious to read it.

I hope you aren't referring to this suggestion. Because that suggestion, which Lack quoted when he finally made the change to kick multis says nothing about giving cards/spoils to teammates. In fact, the suggestion even has a poll that currently shows 90% of people wanted the multi armies to go neutral.

So, it seems to me that the decision was unilaterally made by Lack (his quote below is the first time anyone mentioned giving cheater's armies/cards to teammates) and certain people have been mistakenly using the talking point of "this was a community driven change! stop whining!".

From now on, inactivated multies will be immediately auto-kicked from their games and will also be auto-dropped from any waiting games. Same goes for members who are given website bans for whatever reason and for whatever length of time. Just like when players are auto-kicked for missing too many turns, in these cases teammates will inherit troops and spoils, assassin targets will be reassigned, and the final winner will get the points in terminator games.
Major Bones2484

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:01 pm

I think there is actually discussion in that suggestion where community members were brainstorming what to do with Teammates (further on from the first post). But it's been a while since I've read that old suggestion.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:08 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I think there is actually discussion in that suggestion where community members were brainstorming what to do with Teammates (further on from the first post). But it's been a while since I've read that old suggestion.

--Andy

Regretably, I read through the suggestion and there are only three posts in the entire thing that talk about what to do with teammates. And those three posts don't even agree, so I wouldn't exactly call that a brainstorm.

viewtopic.php?f=470&t=68025&p=1663472&hilit=teammate#p1663472
viewtopic.php?f=470&t=68025&p=2026106&hilit=teammate#p2026106
viewtopic.php?f=470&t=68025&p=2026106&hilit=teammate#p2026450

It looks like what happened was this:
1. The deadbeat rule had already been created and set up in the system (where if your teammate deadbeated, you'd get the cards) - and I agree with that one.
2. I don't know if it was laziness, apathy, or lack (see what I did there?) of imagination but the same coding was rolled over to this as well even though it is an entirely different problem.
Major Bones2484

Postby nippersean on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:25 pm

Certainly seems a touch harsh when the team gets a double rainbow in flat rate Game 11812005, although for sure they wouldn't have wished it this way.
Brigadier nippersean

Postby rubenschtorm on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 pm

rewarding a cheating team,novel approach.lets introduce it to the sporting arena-whoever takes most prohibited substances wins .!what a load of &*^*%$ks.
OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.
Private rubenschtorm

Return to Conquer Club Discussion