Conquer Club

Foppa & Potty1969 SD [noted]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Foppa & Potty1969 SD [noted]

Postby Andwyn on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Accused:
Foppa
Potty1969

The accused are suspected of:
Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11854354

Comments: I was playing this game, which was made by Potty1969 and later joined by Foppa. I noticed they had almost sort of worked together in knocking out both green and I.. And through a bit of inspection (really wasn't hard), I found that they play together in multiple different games, including doubles matches which they are on teams together.

Few examples:
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11831508
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11363205
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=11106721
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=10939498
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=10845751

I can keep going if it is needed. The friendship is blatantly obvious.

If you would like to look for more games with them together, look through foppa's games as opposed to Potty1969's. It seems like foppa plays far fewer games.
Corporal 1st Class Andwyn

Re: Foppa and Potty1969

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:31 pm

Andwyn wrote:Accused:
Foppa
Potty1969

The accused are suspected of:
Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 11854354

Comments: I was playing this game, which was made by Potty1969 and later joined by Foppa. I noticed they had almost sort of worked together in knocking out both green and I.. And through a bit of inspection (really wasn't hard), I found that they play together in multiple different games, including doubles matches which they are on teams together.

Few examples:
Game 11831508
Game 11363205
Game 11106721
Game 10939498
Game 10845751

I can keep going if it is needed. The friendship is blatantly obvious.

If you would like to look for more games with them together, look through foppa's games as opposed to Potty1969's. It seems like foppa plays far fewer games.

Formy fixy
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Andwyn on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 pm

I was just giving extra examples.. The only game number that it applied to myself personally was the one I showed as the main example.
Corporal 1st Class Andwyn

Postby Symmetry on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Andwyn wrote:I was just giving extra examples.. The only game number that it applied to myself personally was the one I showed as the main example.

Just fixed the links, no more no less. Peeps can now click on them and see the linked stuff.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Foppa & Potty1969 SD [pending] KRK

Postby king achilles on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 am

This has been noted.

Although I agree that game 11854354 does look suspicious, I would need maybe another game or something to show strong evidence that they are favoring each other again. The other games mentioned here are not suspicious enough but your point is taken.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Re: Foppa & Potty1969 SD [noted]

Postby foppa on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 am

Hi,

Someone just made me aware this post existed and I would like to give my perspective, for what it's worth.

True, I played many games with potty1969 and I know that person.
But I dont feel I ever cheated.
And I must have won most of those games I played with him (the ones I lost was probably when I was playing team with him).

He is not a very good player and his rank/record attest to that.
Of course that fact impacts my play, that kind of fact impacts my play in any game. (ie: a 900 player with over 100 games played has to be somewhat lame).

In the game being reported Andwyn was the player worth attention so of course I personnally focused on him.
What could have changed that was if one of the other two players had become a threat but that did not happen that I can remember.
I honestly think I would have played the same game if I had not known potty1969.

I have somewhat mixed feelings about all this.
I understand completely the need to figure out if people are cheating.
On the other hand it is just too bad that we cant play with friends outside of team games or games that only include friends that all know each other.
I guess overall if I had to choose I would choose to make sure there are no cheaters.

So I have decided to not play games with people I know except for team games and games where everyone knows everyone from now on.
The grey area is what if I end up playing with someone I played a few games with (and maybe even on teams) and get along with but I dont really know... hopefully that's still ok, but could be grey.

Maybe, just maybe, there should be some rules/guidance somewhere on CC regarding this type of thing... or maybe I just never saw it?

Suggestion: the people being accused should always get the opportunity to reply. This is a bit disturbing that I found this discussion by accident, by someone else letting me know. Please notify the accused.
Major foppa

Return to Closed C&A Reports