Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Rishaed is not a captive mind, I can say that much.

Lovo isn't anymore either. Those who are now can tell you themselves.

I also learned Com9's WC, which I will reveal if requested.

By captive mind, do you mean insane or vote quality?

I am going to assume you are human.
lord voldemort wrote:Well I watched pancake...and he was visited by hippo...Seeing as I wont be a watcher again I have nothing really to gain holding onto this info..

I am going to assume you are human.

Why won't you be a watcher again?

It was a 1 shot ability. I assumed I got it because I was a captive mind. Yet Pcm didnt...this is super intriguing. But yeah the watcher 1 shot wasnt with my original role pm. Hence my assumption.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Vodean QFT.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:48 pm

vodean wrote:some had answers, all had questions, but the elders did not give.
jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:jonty, what's up with your post restriction?

I completed the poem, PR lifted.

spiesr wrote: So why did you do that?

I gained information in the night, why wouldn't I share it?

interesting that my PR did not just end... i have to keep going. why didnt you get another poem?

i think this confirms that there are different levels of insanity.

What does it matter then? People spout poetry and gibberish. So far it has not stopped players from speaking their minds. What is to stop someone from faking? Gee why would someone fake it you ask?? hmmmmm.....
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Eventually I will post a case. Let's just suffice it to say for now that half of why I am voting ghost is a mixture of PoE and randomshot.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Commander9 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Since PCM already sort of forced my cards, I think I might as well reveal myself and be an official representative of our group. As PCM may confirm, me and my partners have a sole goal - to survive. However, we do consider that sticking with town and helping them win is a better strategy than just sitting back, we are willing to offer information and confirming some people town. Furthermore, we also have information that one person has an ability to kill, thus it is extremely likely that the person is either SK, mafia or (unlikely tho) vigilante.

In order to understand how it all works, I will reveal some information about us as well - we are a group of survivors and each one of us and have an ability to inhabit someone's body AND at the same time get all of their abilities. The players we have inhabited are voteless for that specific time, but are masoned with other captive minds. As of now, I do not feel a need to reveal any more information. If the town would be interested, we can provide you with the name of the person that has a killing role.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Three Questions:

1) Do you recruit?
2) How many of you are there?
3) Why not just give the name?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:23 pm

I gained a one-shot investigation power on Night 1 which I used last night on rishaed. I found out he's aligned with ghostly.

Also, I'm one of the captive minds today. I can confirm that I am voteless and powerless and that PCM is one of the other captive minds.

As for the killing role, as I've stated before, I'm a human JOAT and one of my abilities is to attempt to kill someone which I haven't tried yet for obvious reasons. Whether or not this is the killing role they are referring to I am not sure.
Captain safariguy5

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:20 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I gained a one-shot investigation power on Night 1 which I used last night on rishaed. I found out he's aligned with ghostly.

Also, I'm one of the captive minds today. I can confirm that I am voteless and powerless and that PCM is one of the other captive minds.

As for the killing role, as I've stated before, I'm a human JOAT and one of my abilities is to attempt to kill someone which I haven't tried yet for obvious reasons. Whether or not this is the killing role they are referring to I am not sure.

BWAHHAHAHAHA! If i'm aligned with ghostly then your investigation power is really bad . . . :lol: :roll: Because that's not who i worshiped, which brings me to the point of are ghostly and X aligned, and if so why. . . I may be closer to finding out my new WC. Thanks Saf!
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:27 pm

rishaed wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I gained a one-shot investigation power on Night 1 which I used last night on rishaed. I found out he's aligned with ghostly.

BWAHHAHAHAHA! If i'm aligned with ghostly then your investigation power is really bad . . . :lol: :roll: Because that's not who i worshiped, which brings me to the point of are ghostly and X aligned, and if so why. . . I may be closer to finding out my new WC. Thanks Saf!

Major FOS on Rishaed. He didn't say you are worshipping anyone, he said you were 'aligned' with him. As in same side. Now I'm wondering how this brings you any closer to knowing your win condition. And who exactly do you worship? Sounds like a cult to me!

Vote rishaed
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 pm

That's pretty weird/scummy.

You should explain this worshipping business right away.
General Rodion

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Commander9 wrote:As PCM may confirm, me and my partners have a sole goal - to survive.

I will confirm that.

Question: are you specifically inhabiting me?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby vodean on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:21 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
rishaed wrote:

Major FOS on Rishaed. He didn't say you are worshipping anyone, he said you were 'aligned' with him. As in same side. Now I'm wondering how this brings you any closer to knowing your win condition. And who exactly do you worship? Sounds like a cult to me!

Vote rishaed

skimmer. we went over this yesterday. we can change alignment once. since you are constantly pushing people with poor/invalid reasons (yesterday you were all over the humans, and you keep bringing up these strange cases with little justification), i think you need to explain why. who are you? what faction? you are neither human, nor captive mind. and you stand out like scum in a town. vote kanin usagi

also, captive minds, i think that you have mostly been open with us, and i appreciate that. i feel that, like the humans, town has nothing to fear from you. again though, how many of you are there? and how exactly does your ability work. can you target anyone? it seems a little OP. do you each get to take over someone? it doesnt seem like it...

rishaed, perhaps the person worshiped is aligned with ghostly. i think now would be a good time to reveal who you worshiped. that way we have more info, and anyone suspicious of you can rest easier.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:27 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
rishaed wrote:

Vote rishaed

Because as i said earlier, i had played a risky gamble that didn't turn out. Now all i know is that whatever win condition I have is tagged to X which means i was a survivor 3rd party, but now i can draw the conclusion that X and ghostly either A. Have the same win condition and are masoned.
And vote Kanin
B.Are SCUM
C. Are another 3rd party aligned together.
Simply put Kanin, YOU have just confirmed that A. YOU aren't a "normal Human". Because otherwise you would know what i was talking about.
Which means that If GHOSTLY flips scum in a lynch then the person i "worshiped" is also SCUM, because I am aligned with ghostly, who otherwise I would not be aligned with. The same thing goes for CULT.
However until B. is proven I won't be giving out who X is just because of the fact that SCUM can make me automatically lose in a 2 for 1 benefit.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Oh and I want a good argument on why i should give it up . . . Simply put, the get the info out in the air to get rid of suspicions ain't cutting it right now.

Postby vodean on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:43 pm

rishaed wrote:Oh and I want a good argument on why i should give it up . . . Simply put, the get the info out in the air to get rid of suspicions ain't cutting it right now.

im a human too. whats in your interests is in my interests for the most part. i mean you changed your alignment, so i dont know. unlike the captured minds we arent masoned so i cant be sure, and you dont even know if you are town either. but if you dont want to become some experiment against the humans, i would suggest speaking up. you are helping no one by withholding the info at this point.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:52 am

rishaed wrote:Oh and I want a good argument on why i should give it up . . . Simply put, the get the info out in the air to get rid of suspicions ain't cutting it right now.

Heres why and Ill make it easy.

Vote Rishaed

You have tagged to X so you have no idea what your win condition is. You were a third party survivor, who could help Town with their win condition. Now you are not. You need to give X or die. Unless X or Ghostly can prove they have Towns best interest or someone can step up for them they may be the first puzzle pieces we can use to solve this Scooby Doo mystery.

At the moment I am willing to give Safari the benefit of the doubt with his investigation.

So Rishead unless you can prove your new faction is Town then you and Ghostly need to be lynched.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Commander9 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:14 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Three Questions:

1) Do you recruit?
2) How many of you are there?
3) Why not just give the name?

1) No. There's a fixed amount of us.
2) At this moment, it does not matter. I see no reason to reveal this information as it would not change anything.
3) See #2.

@ Also, PCM. The reason you are still captive is due to certain... Advantages you gave with your role as we wanted to use this night. So, yes. We are planning to leave you alone after tonight as what we tried has worked.

vodean wrote:also, captive minds, i think that you have mostly been open with us, and i appreciate that. i feel that, like the humans, town has nothing to fear from you. again though, how many of you are there? and how exactly does your ability work. can you target anyone? it seems a little OP. do you each get to take over someone? it doesnt seem like it...

Our number does not matter - I can only see we are not that many and I don't see how our number is relative to the discussion. I don't want to revel the exact mechanic, but we are able to choose a body to inhabit every night and we are able to use the abilities of the body that we had from the previous night. Correct, we can take over anyone (or so we have been told - so far we were able to take over any body)
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:19 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Vote Rishaed

You have tagged to X so you have no idea what your win condition is. You were a third party survivor, who could help Town with their win condition. Now you are not. You need to give X or die. Unless X or Ghostly can prove they have Towns best interest or someone can step up for them they may be the first puzzle pieces we can use to solve this Scooby Doo mystery.

At the moment I am willing to give Safari the benefit of the doubt with his investigation.

So Rishead unless you can prove your new faction is Town then you and Ghostly need to be lynched.

the problem here is that If you kill me i can still win as long as X's win condition is met. Depending on how ghostly responds however i could change my mind. But heres why i wont give it out.
A. I chose someone i was suspicious of.
B. i find out this someone is somehow connected to ghostly.
C. if ghostly turns out to be a power role then i've just painted crosshairs on X's back.
D.As I stated earlier if C is true then my WC is gone as soon as X is dead for all i know, and i'm not willing to take that risk ATM.

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:28 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Vote Rishaed

Killing ghost would give extra information. It would still tell us what we want to know about rishaed and additionally tell us whether or not we can trust comm9. I have a sneaking suspicion that humans will flip neutral, post worship.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:36 am

Unvote vote Kanin

I don't like feeling deliberately misled. I posted you in the human list, and you said my list was accurate, but you have proven yourself to be not human. Other than ghostly, I don't see too many other possible lynch candidates for today (unless we figure out who has the gun).

Rishaed: can you tell us who you targeted as we go into night tonight?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:37 am

vodean wrote:

im a human too. whats in your interests is in my interests for the most part. i mean you changed your alignment, so i dont know. unlike the captured minds we arent masoned so i cant be sure, and you dont even know if you are town either. but if you dont want to become some experiment against the humans, i would suggest speaking up. you are helping no one by withholding the info at this point.

I find this post slightly ironic. . . Why? Because it would have never have gotten to this point if you had "withheld" information until the right period of time. But no. . . YOU need to go blabbing about just about everything that we "normal humans" can do. Why is this bad? Because WE are 3rd party. It means that to town we are disposable, because we are not in their specific "faction". Letting the information out at a later date was something that at least one of us would have done, if not doom/you then I would have. And because i was trying to save your sorry hide from getting mislynched I let out something I would have much rather be kept secret for awhile. Why? because it could cause suspicion and me getting lynched. The RISK of getting almost every human lynched early on went drastically up, while the little bit of REWARD of town cred, is nonexistant. So no, I don't think that you're interests are exactly my interests at the moment, You might just end up getting me killed in this game. We're friends who go scumhunting, but I don't exactly trust you.
Anyways Iron, this is also one of my reasons for not giving the name out,
my RISK v. REWARD is already small, but If i let the name out without being able to see as many factors as possible, then my REWARD is an axe hanging over my head at almost any moment when people are looking for a scapegoat.
FP'd by DOOM.
I used option number 1. Which is also why i cant vote. . . Sorry i forgot about that / please ignore my previous vote on KANIN.

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:08 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Unvote vote Kanin

I don't like feeling deliberately misled. I posted you in the human list, and you said my list was accurate, but you have proven yourself to be not human. Other than ghostly, I don't see too many other possible lynch candidates for today (unless we figure out who has the gun).

Rishaed: can you tell us who you targeted as we go into night tonight?

I said more accurate. If you believe I was misleading you, then I'm sorry, but Rishaed's list was awful in comparison to your list, and your's definitely had less inaccuracies. That being said, its late and I would prefer to not claim until tomorrow so I can do it on some sleep, if there is sufficient pressure.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:15 am

Accurate or more accurate you still did not argue about you being listed as human. Care to explain why you did not?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nendreel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:07 am

I don't really see any point in lynching rishaed. While he has changed his WC, if we lynch him all we'll learn is that he was Human. Since that is already believed we learn nothing new.
I also doubt he'll give up who he aligned with since that would wreck his chances of winning.

I find the link between rishaed's WC and ghostly very weak, but I'm interested in hearing from him.

Kanin Usagi wrote: Major FOS on Rishaed. He didn't say you are worshipping anyone, he said you were 'aligned' with him. As in same side. Now I'm wondering how this brings you any closer to knowing your win condition. And who exactly do you worship? Sounds like a cult to me!

FOS Kanin, this looks more like he's trying to start a bandwagon on rish than an actual case.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 am

Nendreel wrote:I find the link between rishaed's WC and ghostly very weak

You find information from the mod to be weak? Or do you presume that Com9 is lying?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives