Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D3 23/25

Postby VioIet on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 am

vodean wrote:it would be great to hear from vio on all this... she usually never posts more than once a week, and sometimes it goes as long as 2 weeks. scummarining? i think so.

If you are going to try to use facts as evidence, at least get them right. You do realize that N2 lasted about five days. 10/12/12- 10/17/12

Oct. 3 - Oct 12 is 9 days- so a week in a half at most. You can't say that I went two weeks without posting in a recent game, since we don't post at night. Also saying I usually never post more than a week isn't accurate either. If you go back to Day 1, I am posting just about every day, and on Day 2, I am posting every 3-4 days.

Dates of my last three posts, excluding this one: 10/29/12, 10/24/12, 10/18/12

That's an average of 5-6 rl days between each one.

Date of my last post: 10/29/12

VioIet wrote:
vodean wrote:it would be great to hear from vio on all this... she usually never posts more than once a week, and sometimes it goes as long as 2 weeks. scummarining? i think so.

I am not sure where you get these statistics from :roll: I have never gone more than two weeks without posting in any recent game. How many games have you even played with me?

strike wolf wrote:Honestly, I'd be more inclined to vote jak but this behavior is actually fairly par for the course from jak. Same thing happened in Psychology mafia. if Jak thinks you are scum, he won't shift from that position unless you've been 105% cleared and game facts are either twisted or ignored. if you happen to think that Jak is wrong in his position (particularly to the extent of voting him) well you're probably scum to.

I remain adamant about aage , I am 95% convinced he is scum. Which is more than I can say about the other cases on the board.

I actually really like your case on Aage, however, I don't see it gaining any momentum today. It will be between Jak and Vodean. I agree that Jak is playing as normal, yet Vodean always appears extremely scummy to me. I can't ever give him the benefit of the doubt, and I don't believe his role claim. I also wanted to make another case on Victor tomorrow.

As to Jak and Vodean, I still believe that Vodean is the scummier of the two. However, lynching Jak will bring about more info. I may change my vote right before the deadline, if necessary.

By VioIet on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:40 pm
VioIet wrote:
vodean wrote:i never said outright that it was an active role. I am Paul of the cross, 3rd party commuter.
I realize that you may not want to keep me around, but my role also has a cryptic section about how St. Paul's following may provide me with information about some of the kills if certain things happen or something like that (again, very vague). the only info i got last night was that last night's kill was by the mafia.... im guessing that since St. Paul's following grew over time that my info will slowly get better.

Commuter is often a fake-claim. Doing a bit of bad meta here, but the commuter role has appeared 3 times in my past games, and all three times they were a fake-claim. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

But even if Vodean is telling the truth, I don't see this as a role really worth saving.

I do like the case on aage, and I believe it's worth exploring tomorrow.

Unvote

Vote Vodean

Postby VioIet on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 am
VioIet wrote:
edocsil wrote:LSU replaces Mr. S.

That is slightly disappointing that no one was able to replace Squirrel before Night 2. This means that Squirrel/LSU was unable to use their night action during Night 2. He could've found out some good information for us.

chapcrap wrote:Trying to think whether or not I want to share information that I have. It may be better to wait.

Tell me, what does everyone consider good odds for us to kill people? If we have two people and 1 is for sure town and one is anti-town, would agreeing to kill both be agreeable? I think it should be. What about if it's 3 people and 1 is anti-town and 2 are town? What percentages would you think are worth it?

I am guessing from this that Chap was given a group of names/people, either two or three. And he was told within the group of two people that one is town and one is mafia. He was probably told within the group of three people that one was mafia and two were town. The thing is- he doesn't know exactly which is which or who is who. He was just given a group of names.
This is interesting- and reminds me of the Stool Pigeon Variant. I doubt that Edoc made this game according to that variant, but interesting similarity, nonetheless.

Victor Sullivan wrote:Fluff my muffins! I can't believe that.

-Sully

What does this even mean? You are not into this game Victor, and I've had my suspicions on your since Day 1.

Vote Victor
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:28 am

So, you've got nothing to contribute Vio? Just a rebuttal of vodean's case.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby VioIet on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:57 am

jgordon1111 wrote:
Vio, Have you been reading along? we are less than 2 days from deadline I believe. You do realize That Jak for some reason did not know his alignment D1, and you are pretty much ok with that right? He mis voted? he got a one phase use gift that,suddenly gets an extension on it.

Vio if as jak claims he got this mysterious roleblock right at deadline and got an extension on it,dont you think Edoc would have said hey jak ole buddy you mis voted and you need to change that before its to late?

But all of this is adding up to Jak is somehow playing normal and is town for you? Here is the same question for you Vio,did you know your alignment D1? You really did I believe,so think about it, your role Pm said it,So how did Jak not know his and think he was an angel?

Even if your not into religion as I am guessing some of us are not,Jak is a writer and a reader,so him saying he thought william of york sounded like an angel name is not passing the test for me. I know Jak plays outside the box,this is not outside the box,these are mistakes that I dont believe a player like Jak would make if he was town.

Why do you ask me if I knew my alignment Day 1? I understand that this is a hypothetical question as you are comparing me to Jake. Yet it's still a strange question, as I already claimed on Day 2. On Day 2- I stated that my alignment was confusing, as my role pm did not use the words town/mafia. I can only assume that I am town, as my role-pm did not claim me to be Third-Party or a Demon. The only thing I was able to gather from it is that I am a Saint/Human, and I win if all Demons are killed. I also know for sure that I am not an Angel.

Given the nature of how my role pm was worded, I can understand Jak being confused as well.

I always got the impression that Jake meant to say "William of York," sounded like a Saint name, not an angel name.

I am not going to play the mod, so I have no idea what Edoc would have done. Edoc knows what he is doing.

I am well-aware that if Jak flips mafia, that I will be the target for tomorrow. It's really a darned if I do and darned if I don't situation. Whether I vote or don't vote for Jak, I will still be a point of interest on Day 3.

I already know its an awful reason- but he did win my favor by defending me so vigorously. I'm not 100% sure why he did so. Perhaps he felt it would make him seem more town-like. Now, naturally, people are now relating my actions with his- as though we are connected somehow. I don't believe I did anything to cause this, yet it is impossible to separate myself at this point.

I would honestly like to think that if Jak was Mafia, he'd be playing a whole lot better, and there would be some type of deflection, such as more cases being presented). The mafia discusses their night actions, so it would be hard for me to believe that Jak's scummates would allow him to target a player who's not in the game.

safariguy5 wrote:Honestly Vio, the pace of each game requires varying levels of participation. Since you were part of possible connections, I would have thought you would have more to say given the amount of discussion that has passed since you posted.

Instead, what we get is just some player meta analysis, an old case on an inactive, and a rather lukewarm endorsement of the current lynch wagon.

Depending on what jak flips, I would strongly consider this a case of flying under the radar. Either way, it's a good starting point for discussion tomorrow.

You can start a case on me if you like. But I have already claimed, so it won't warrant you much information. At best it will help narrow down Chap's list, as far as which four anti-town players were on the Day 2 bandwagon.

Remember, there was nothing I said to get myself involved in all these "connections." That was Jak's doing, along with the reactions of others. Squirrel asked me to claim, and I did so to help him find information. That was all.

blakebowling wrote:
Vodean claimed non-town, not non-human. As far as I'm concerned, the humans are non-town; though not necessarily anti-town.

I am a human, and I 100% believe that I am town. However, I can't say if all humans in the game are town-aligned, and Vodean has claimed to be Third-Party Human.

jonty125 wrote:So, you've got nothing to contribute Vio? Just a rebuttal of vodean's case.

You fast-posted me. I needed some time to type out this post.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby vodean on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 am

jonty125 wrote:So, you've got nothing to contribute Vio? Just a rebuttal of vodean's case.

and an overly thorough (though abusing the numbers) and jumpy defense. yes, being too thorough shows that you are trying to hide something. that whole thing could have been done in a paragraph or two, rather than a page or three.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby jak111 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:53 am

vodean wrote:

and an overly thorough (though abusing the numbers) and jumpy defense. yes, being too thorough shows that you are trying to hide something. that whole thing could have been done in a paragraph or two, rather than a page or three.

For one that speaks of people who do not contribute, you've barely contributed at all. The only posts I see from you is backing up one of the scummier/scum players and you are just gliding through. Once JG is dealt with tomorrow, unless you guys got a scum for sure and not falling for another bs claim, you might wish to turn your train back to Vodean here who seems to love being openly scummy.

Violet, sorry for connecting you to me, but I firmly believe that we are of the similar role pm. But don't worry about being the target tomorrow. Upon my death, JG will have a LOT of explaining to do. Today he'll act cocky and glide through until my lynch, but tomorrow unless he got an excuse he shall be in the hangman's noose.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby vodean on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 am

jak111 wrote:
vodean wrote:

For one that speaks of people who do not contribute, you've barely contributed at all. The only posts I see from you is backing up one of the scummier/scum players and you are just gliding through. Once JG is dealt with tomorrow, unless you guys got a scum for sure and not falling for another bs claim, you might wish to turn your train back to Vodean here who seems to love being openly scummy.

Violet, sorry for connecting you to me, but I firmly believe that we are of the similar role pm. But don't worry about being the target tomorrow. Upon my death, JG will have a LOT of explaining to do. Today he'll act cocky and glide through until my lynch, but tomorrow unless he got an excuse he shall be in the hangman's noose.

so we are all scummy liars who post without contributing and vote for you because we are cyber-stalkers and have stalked you for years. am i getting this about right?
Sergeant vodean

Postby edocsil on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:01 am

Alright Enough of this. If you can't keep it clean you WILL be modkilled.

A list of no-no's to avoid.

Accusations of cyber stalking. (we don't need more yomeil)
Active Trolling.
Really terrible mafia logic.
(swearing is not on this list)

I was unimpressed at best by today. There was a lot shit getting thrown around that really had noting to do with the game. Keep it clean, keep your cases objective, and play a better game tomorrow.

Scene

It was a heated day, and all the angels argued bitterly. Who was human and who was demon? Who could be trusted? The town's ire fell upon one man, a man named William of York. Despite his protests, his accusations, and all his other words the rest of the assembled people subdued him. There was some question if they should properly hang him and bury the body, but instead they decides to tear him limb from limb and burn the pieces to ash. William of York was slow in dieing.

Jak ~ William of York Saint ~ Vote Thief has been killed

I would also like to do a bit of a headcount tonight. All players must PM me at some point during the night to confirm activity. If you have a night action, that PM will suffice.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N3 22/25

Postby edocsil on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Lovo replaces Nag
Edoc'sil

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:21 pm

I confirm...and shall be read up by day start
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby edocsil on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Few people trickling in PMs. Closing the deadline in a few hours, be sure to get in the confirmation PM.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:11 pm

An Archangel sat and watched the shadows. Shapes flickered in the night, and until now, there were none he could be sure he could trust. He had stayed his hand to long now, and now he must act. He took a massive greatsword from his back. It was a colossal thing, no human could have wielded it. In truth it was never meant to be used to kill, it was a totem of the angels power that he received from Yahweh. He chose his target and slammed the sword into the ground, burying it into the earth. A golden shield rose up from the sword and protected its target against the horrors of the night. So the angel stood until dawn came.

Elsewhere and mortal found the body of a fallen angel. The angel was broken from the strife with the demons, but in body only. The man put his hands on on the corpse and began to pray. His arms grew weak, his voice turned hoarse, and his life ebbed from him and into the angel. His last words fell as a whisper, and at the final sentence the angel opened his eyes, his body whole once more.

Hensow ~ Ignatius of Laconi Saint ~ Suicide Reviver has committed suicide
Gregwolf has returned to life

Rodion replaces LSU (v2)
I need to replace victor as well, but there is no one left that I can use to replace.
Edoc'sil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D4 22/25

Postby Rodion on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Confirm. In the process of catching up.
General Rodion

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Well Jak I now declare I have no idea of what you were possibly thinking, I missed on you,but I still stand by what I said with the way you were playing I would have taken odds you were scum.

I am who and what I said I am. hensow that sacrafice might should have been held for another night or 2,but it does give town a confirmed player back in.

Anyone got anything to bring beings I lynched Jak?
Private jgordon1111

Postby aage on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Cool mechanism! But... it kind of validates my point about dead people replacing. But if it doesn't matter anyway, Jak can still replace I think.
No night kill, again, it seems. Apparently one of the archangels is a very accurate doctor.

Several things we could pursue now. jgordon was obviously wrong about his suspicion, I'll look into his claims after the weekend though to see if anything doesn't check out. Vodean is still claiming third party, and there were people who wanted to lynch him. And Strike was going to continue his argument against me; I'm waiting eagerly. And there's chapcrap who will post a list of town/non-town on yesterday's lynch.

As I said, I won't be posting until Monday.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby / on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:45 pm

So we have our "Universal Mason" back, and thankfully chap is still with us.

So, does universal mason mean he can talk to anyone at any time? If so, perhaps we all should give him our roles by PM so there's at least one townie in the know.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby soundman on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:19 pm

/ wrote:So we have our "Universal Mason" back, and thankfully chap is still with us.

So, does universal mason mean he can talk to anyone at any time? If so, perhaps we all should give him our roles by PM so there's at least one townie in the know.

I think Universal Mason means he selects one person each night to be masoned to, not at any time.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm

soundman wrote:
/ wrote:So we have our "Universal Mason" back, and thankfully chap is still with us.

I think Universal Mason means he selects one person each night to be masoned to, not at any time.

hello again, man its good to back among the land of the living, deathland is not a very pretty place. but more importantly sound is right each night i select one person and am able to talk with them for that night, i can give what ever info i want and i can ask any question.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:
soundman wrote:

hello again, man its good to back among the land of the living, deathland is not a very pretty place. but more importantly sound is right each night i select one person and am able to talk with them for that night, i can give what ever info i want and i can ask any question.

Are they required to answer the question you ask without deception?
Private jgordon1111

Postby samgrossy on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 pm

We have to wait to hear from Chap before we can do anything official, but I think Vodean and JG are in our sights now.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 pm

samgrossy wrote:We have to wait to hear from Chap before we can do anything official, but I think Vodean and JG are in our sights now.

No,Really. What a damn shock. you HAVE played this game before. But before you set your sights for dead accuracy,reread why I went after Jak and tell me I was wrong. He had way to much Crazy crap going on and I stand behind every point I made on him,except for the small problem of him not being scum.
Private jgordon1111

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 pm

@jgordon, no they don't its just like being a mason except i can only talk to one person at night
Captain gregwolf121

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:37 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:
samgrossy wrote:We have to wait to hear from Chap before we can do anything official, but I think Vodean and JG are in our sights now.

No,Really. What a damn shock. you HAVE played this game before. But before you set your sights for dead accuracy,reread why I went after Jak and tell me I was wrong. He had way to much Crazy crap going on and I stand behind every point I made on him,except for the small problem of him not being scum.

This is a tough call, but I do think this may be a fact.. I too was caught up in all jak's odd posts.Could be wrong, Ill go with whatever town decides is best. But my two cents are its an unlikely.

fastposted by greg
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby samgrossy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:37 am

jgordon1111 wrote:

So now we start the defense and deflection. And there isn't even any pressure on him yet.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby jgordon1111 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:16 am

samgrossy wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:

So now we start the defense and deflection. And there isn't even any pressure on him yet.

If your starting a BW go ahead, I admitted to screwing the pooch with Jak. Thats what I stated in previous post in case you were not paying attention.

And why I quoted you so you might look at it,and think about what went down and how. Defense yes, I now have to admit I blew it,but Jak's game play helped out with that. So deflection not really.

Read it out again carefully, if you disagree with me then, it is what it is. A few things still not adding up but I pegged Jak on his play and I was wrong.
Private jgordon1111

Postby vodean on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:27 am

jgordon1111 wrote:
samgrossy wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:

If your starting a BW go ahead, I admitted to screwing the pooch with Jak. Thats what I stated in previous post in case you were not paying attention.

And why I quoted you so you might look at it,and think about what went down and how. Defense yes, I now have to admit I blew it,but Jak's game play helped out with that. So deflection not really.

Read it out again carefully, if you disagree with me then, it is what it is. A few things still not adding up but I pegged Jak on his play and I was wrong.

JG. look. we fucked up. lets try to move on without getting all defensive.
town, scum wouldnt out two of themselves to get one townie, would they? no. thats a ridiculous trade. especially to kill a vote stealer, and especially early on. so dont be so defensive, you are only making yourself worse. you are town, and i am not anti-town, so act like it. dont paint yourself as scummy (i know, strange coming from me). there is a better way to convince town that we are on their side than to point fingers all over the place. lets hear some results from last night, and then make a logical decision rather than an emotional one.
Sergeant vodean

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives