Conquer Club

Is this a Good reason to Foe someone?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Is this a Good reason to Foe someone?

Postby Fazeem on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: I am curious why???
Sent: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 am
by jacklee08

nothing personal, but you had unbelievable luck against me time and time again. It was getting really frustrating, making my games against you extremely unenjoyable given how I couldn't even compete. It was not even close. And I am a good player fundamentally. Sorry man, maybe when my luck turns I'll unfoe you. Until then I need to make some points.
I am curious why???
Sent: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 am
by Fazeem

Why did you foe me we played a nice courteous game last time so I am baffled as to your rationale for foeing me I mean I did win but other then that nothing negative happened between us???
Lieutenant Fazeem

Re: Is this a Good reason to Foe someone?

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Fazeem wrote:Re: I am curious why???
Sent: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 am
by jacklee08

nothing personal, but you had unbelievable luck against me time and time again. It was getting really frustrating, making my games against you extremely unenjoyable given how I couldn't even compete. It was not even close. And I am a good player fundamentally. Sorry man, maybe when my luck turns I'll unfoe you. Until then I need to make some points.
I am curious why???
Sent: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 am
by Fazeem

Why did you foe me we played a nice courteous game last time so I am baffled as to your rationale for foeing me I mean I did win but other then that nothing negative happened between us???

Maybe your avi had something to do with it.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 pm

any reason to foe is supposed to be stricly personal, as in nobody should tell you who you must play.(There are rules who you cannot play though)
Superstition, or dislike for a poster can make you want to not play a certain player. It is perfectly allowed.
Personally i have a very small foelist, but there are people on it, whom i have found to be extremely unpleasant to play against. Perhaps someone on it would say that is unfair, but it is your own personal call to make.
Some people even do it for play reasons, they want medals and try to play as many different people as possible, so whomever they have already crossed of their list, gets added to their foe list. Again its very personal, but it is certainly allowed.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm

SirSebstar wrote:any reason to foe is supposed to be stricly personal, as in nobody should tell you who you must play.(There are rules who you cannot play though)
Superstition, or dislike for a poster can make you want to not play a certain player. It is perfectly allowed.
Personally i have a very small foelist, but there are people on it, whom i have found to be extremely unpleasant to play against. Perhaps someone on it would say that is unfair, but it is your own personal call to make.
Some people even do it for play reasons, they want medals and try to play as many different people as possible, so whomever they have already crossed of their list, gets added to their foe list. Again its very personal, but it is certainly allowed.

Yes.
The only reason I have ever foed someone is due to them being unpleasant in one way or another. If I play a polite, friendly opponent five games straight and he kicks my ass due to amazing dice I won't foe him. If I win against someone who is a super-sore-loser or just generally offensive: FOED.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:10 am

Any reason is a good reason to foe someone.

The foe button is there as your first line of defence against harrassment of all types, but ultimately it is your personal choice how you use it. It's not a group decision. We want you to feel that you're in control of your experience on CC, and if that includes filtering out people who's avatars include snot or whatever else offends you, so be it.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby sirgermaine on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:27 pm

I have asked before, and I was told that there is specifically no such thing as foe abuse. You are welcome to foe anyone for any reason (without having to explain yourself to anyone), and as such, anyone else is welcome to foe you for any reason whatsoever. If you want to go through and research every player who has ever left a rating lower than 5 stars, and foe all of them, so that you end up with a 5.0 rating, you are welcome to do that, if you want to invest the time, for example.
Major sirgermaine

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:07 am

sirgermaine wrote:I have asked before, and I was told that there is specifically no such thing as foe abuse. You are welcome to foe anyone for any reason (without having to explain yourself to anyone), and as such, anyone else is welcome to foe you for any reason whatsoever. If you want to go through and research every player who has ever left a rating lower than 5 stars, and foe all of them, so that you end up with a 5.0 rating, you are welcome to do that, if you want to invest the time, for example.

FOED.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Vartiovuori on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
sirgermaine wrote:I have asked before, and I was told that there is specifically no such thing as foe abuse. You are welcome to foe anyone for any reason (without having to explain yourself to anyone), and as such, anyone else is welcome to foe you for any reason whatsoever. If you want to go through and research every player who has ever left a rating lower than 5 stars, and foe all of them, so that you end up with a 5.0 rating, you are welcome to do that, if you want to invest the time, for example.

FOED.

FOED.
Sergeant 1st Class Vartiovuori

Postby sirgermaine on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Vartiovuori wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

FOED.

FOED.

Of course if you foe me, you'll have to click on each of my many forum posts to read them.

That said,

FOED? Probably not really
Major sirgermaine

Postby Fazeem on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 am

twas just a question not a request for action to be taken that said thank you for your responses and if you do not like me or my gameplay or my avatar take another look at me in my avatar lol
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 am

Fazeem wrote:twas just a question not a request for action to be taken that said thank you for your responses and if you do not like me or my gameplay or my avatar take another look at me in my avatar lol

Fair enough. :)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Return to Conquer Club Discussion