Conquer Club

THE NEW WORLD map help............HELP!!!!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

THE NEW WORLD map help............HELP!!!!

Postby KoolBak on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:23 pm

So I am stuck in a 1 vs 1 tourney and the opposition keeps picking this heinous map and kicking my ass. Can someone please pm me about how the heck to play this? Or offer to watch on my next one and offer advice?? Help!!!
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant KoolBak

Re: THE NEW WORLD map help............HELP!!!!

Postby KoolBak on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:21 pm

Gegor:

My heartfelt thanks for trying to help me on this! You are a star :D

AND:
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby Gilligan on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Yo Kool... Mind forwarding that PM? O:) [-o<
Captain Gilligan

Postby delboy01 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:35 pm

lol, you will have to forgive me if I say I hope the advice doesn't work!!!
Captain delboy01

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:46 pm

Gilligan wrote:Yo Kool... Mind forwarding that PM? O:) [-o<

Same here:

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Kotaro on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:01 pm

New World is a simple build map, in Fog of War games. In a 1v1 scenario, it's more than likely you'll wind up with someone rushing you, as is the generally accepted strategy. Normally, they first rush one of the three northern Indian homelands, depending on what they have. If you hold Aztec, chances are, you want to deploy Aztec, take Aztec 6, and than hold (while taking into account grabbing the European landing points, which you should always get ASAP). On the next turn, if they haven't come through, you grab Aztec 4 and 5, while deploying and sitting tight. Turn 3, they've usually either come through, or tried too, OR they're not rushing. In any case, it's normally time for you to go to them. Barrelling through Aztec 2 and Comanche 9, you have a straight shot at their Homeland.

Starting in Comanche or Inuit is the same deal, build and grab small bonus's slowly, and be patient. Mapuche is much the same, only you won't be leaving that place at all, if you don't hold Holland and/or Portugal to start; going after one Euro-Homeland and leaving yourself open to the other is a fail plan indeed.

Holding all Euro-homelands, your best plan is a rush. Take the landing point first turn, than rushing a Indian homeland is the best possible plan. The reason for this is, if someone holds all 4 or even 3 Indian homelands, he can easily take out all the 1's in the area, and have a 2nd Round bonus of 10+, minimum. So you have to act fast inorder to stop that.

In fog games, I just wait for them to come to me. Usually they think they're smart by getting a "huge bonus" and taking out the 4's and 6's in the Homelands and Euro landing points. However, that's the stupid thing about it; taking out a 4 to 6 person stack of neutrals to get a +1 bonus? :)
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Lieutenant Kotaro

Postby KoolBak on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks Kotaro!!! There ya go boys ;o)

AND:
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby Timminz on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:50 am

The key to winning on this map, in 2 player games, is simple. Go first, and don't start with all 4 of your terits in Europe.
Captain Timminz

Postby ogro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:58 am

Talking about strategy: How can a player to avoid bombing from Europe to colonies?
Lieutenant ogro

Postby ogro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 am

Talking about strategy: How can a player to avoid bombing from Europe to colonies?
Lieutenant ogro

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:21 pm

ogro wrote:Talking about strategy: How can a player to avoid bombing from Europe to colonies?

You have to attack the landing site.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby ogro on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Thank you Doom

DoomYoshi wrote:
ogro wrote:Talking about strategy: How can a player to avoid bombing from Europe to colonies?

You have to attack the landing site.
Lieutenant ogro

Postby codierose on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 am

KoolBak wrote:So I am stuck in a 1 vs 1 tourney and the opposition keeps picking this heinous map and kicking my ass. Can someone please pm me about how the heck to play this? Or offer to watch on my next one and offer advice?? Help!!!

you might want to look at the guide
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=127762&view=unread#unread
Major codierose

Postby ZeekLTK on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 pm

This is one of my favorite maps. IMO the best way to play is to try to grab as much land and therefore as many bonus troops as possible. Try to figure out where your opponent(s) are and STAY AWAY from them. Sweep up as many neutral lands as possible and THEN go after the humans when you are getting 2-3 times as many troops as they are per turn. Eventually you will simply outnumber them so much that they won't stand a chance.
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Postby codierose on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:26 pm

ZeekLTK wrote:This is one of my favorite maps. IMO the best way to play is to try to grab as much land and therefore as many bonus troops as possible. Try to figure out where your opponent(s) are and STAY AWAY from them. Sweep up as many neutral lands as possible and THEN go after the humans when you are getting 2-3 times as many troops as they are per turn. Eventually you will simply outnumber them so much that they won't stand a chance.

hmm no no and no
Major codierose

Postby ZeekLTK on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:33 am

codierose wrote:
ZeekLTK wrote:This is one of my favorite maps. IMO the best way to play is to try to grab as much land and therefore as many bonus troops as possible. Try to figure out where your opponent(s) are and STAY AWAY from them. Sweep up as many neutral lands as possible and THEN go after the humans when you are getting 2-3 times as many troops as they are per turn. Eventually you will simply outnumber them so much that they won't stand a chance.

hmm no no and no

lol why not? It's a numbers game - if you are getting like 20-30 troops per turn and your opponent is only getting 7-11, then it's only a matter of time until you overwhelm him.

It works though. According to the search feature - I've played this map 7 times on a variety of settings. I've won 5 of those games and of the ones I lost: one was a 1v1 where my opponent took 11 territories on his first turn while I was only able to take 4 - aka he used the same strategy and took such a big lead early that I couldn't catch up.

The other loss was a team game where they started with shared borders and we did not, so they could fortify each other and we couldn't, kind of made it very difficult from the start because of that. This also meant we were more focused on linking up rather than grabbing land, and weren't able to take as much as we wanted.

So basically, from my experience, the "land grab strategy" has won most of the games I've played and when I've lost, it's been because I wasn't able to grab as much land as I wanted.
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Return to Conquer Club Discussion