- After the game has ended (or after you've been eliminated) make it possible to rate ALL the players DIRECTLY on the game page without jumping to another page.
- Currently, when rating players you are send to the rating page where you rate with stars in the three categories and add "explanatory tags" (rude, good strategy, etc.) if you want. However, this procedure could be organized better and more efficient if a player can rate stars to ALL players DIRECTLY on the game page itself. (For example: players could be listed vertically, with three columns next to their names with the three rating categories.) To add tags, the player is given the option to go to the rating page to select the appropriate tags.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- - This would make rating the players in your games more smoothly, especially in games with a lot of players. You wouldn't have to jump back and forth between the game page and the different rating pages of your opponents (unless you would like to add some specifics).
- Since the rating proces goes more smoothly, more people will rate their fellow players because they do not have to go through the (granted, minor but in today's fast-paced information society still considerable) hassle of having to click again and again to go back and forth between the different pages. Especially if you take into account that most people only rate stars, this will make rating a lot more straightforward and thus make it more widespread.
- As a first side-effect, you will have an overview of all your ratings of all the players in the game which makes it easier to compare players. Rating will become more nuanced, differentiated and thus more valuable overall.
- As a second side-effect, tagging will be done more consciously since players have to jump to another page (which they have to do now anyway).
EDIT: made the subject line of this post shorter