Conquer Club

Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
55%
2 Week Day
10%
10 Day Day
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [13/13] Day One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Time is starting to slow down things.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Vote Count
gregwolf121 (1) - pancakemix
Kanin Usagi (1) - edocsil
vodean (2) - ghostly447, betiko, edoc
Nendreel (1) - soundman
Ghostly (1) - new guy1
soundman (1) - Nendreel

Not Voting - Iron Butterfly, NoSurvivors, gregwolf121, vodean, jonty125, Kanin

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (or a majority at deadline).
Deadline is Thursday. (2 days left)

6 players without a vote.
This means 9 players agree to have vodean lynched on Thursday.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Time is starting to slow down things.

we got 2 days left and obviously everyone is avoiding to say anything.. why not make vode claim instead of getting him lynched on thursday if things stay this way?
Major betiko

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:34 pm

betiko wrote:

we got 2 days left and obviously everyone is avoiding to say anything.. why not make vode claim instead of getting him lynched on thursday if things stay this way?

FOS. Trying to force a claim out of a player that, in all honesty, has no reason to have to yet.

Unvote now that I am back.

Honestly, you probably would have been better off suggesting a no lynch in my eyes.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Nendreel on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:47 pm

You do realize that we can't no lynch in this game right? All the non-votes just get lumped onto the person with the most votes at deadline time.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:

FOS. Trying to force a claim out of a player that, in all honesty, has no reason to have to yet.

Honestly, you probably would have been better off suggesting a no lynch in my eyes.

No lynch is impossible. Doom has specifically said that if there are no votes on anyone, then a random player will be lynched.

BUT, forcing a claim on someone day one is not a good idea either, especially since Vodean hasn't done anything except be the victim of some joke votes.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:

No lynch is impossible. Doom has specifically said that if there are no votes on anyone, then a random player will be lynched.

BUT, forcing a claim on someone day one is not a good idea either, especially since Vodean hasn't done anything except be the victim of some joke votes.

Yeah, I just noticed that as soon as I posted it. Un FOS
Cadet ghostly447

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Prodding some players.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pancakemix on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Prod recieved.

Unvote

I'm not sure what the best case scenario is here. Someone's gotta go, but I'm not sure who...
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby edocsil on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:07 pm

No one wants to be the one to say this I suppose. Pick between vodean on betiko. We all know they are the ones most likely to do say something inopportune and force us to hang them. Only other option is to all unvote and pray for luck, and I prefer to make my own luck.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby soundman on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Unvote. Well no one has done anything suspicious yet so that leaves us with a random lynch. It's looking like Vodean is going to be the target at this point. I say if he has an important role then he should claim.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby new guy1 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:04 pm

soundman wrote:Unvote. Well no one has done anything suspicious yet so that leaves us with a random lynch. It's looking like Vodean is going to be the target at this point. I say if he has an important role then he should claim.

Well if you want to do a random lynch, then why dont you look at Edocsil's alternative? He posted right above you suggesting vodean/betiko and you seem to be settled for just random lynching vodean. Since from past experience vodean wont claim and will likely take the lynch, I would rather look into betiko because if we discover he is a PR or something then we can always gather enough pressure to lynch vodean in the end. This is a relatively silent game, so I guess it needs to start somewhere, vote soundman for being content with a random lynch.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 pm

unvote vote edoc for being a smart ass.
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Betiko, was that a joke vote, or a legit vote?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:06 pm

new guy1 wrote:Betiko, was that a joke vote, or a legit vote?

we have nothing on no one, and since edoc seems to think he can tell all kind of crap and lead things, yep why not go for it. we have less than 2 days left and obviously I'd like a claim. not wanting any claim with those settings is ridiculous.
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 pm

I understand, but being a smart ass isnt a crime either.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Sorry for the double post, its not that Im defending him, I just dont see much there.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 pm

Betiko, I think you are getting critical because he said it was you or vodean as a best forceful claim.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:34 pm

new guy1 wrote:
soundman wrote:Unvote. Well no one has done anything suspicious yet so that leaves us with a random lynch. It's looking like Vodean is going to be the target at this point. I say if he has an important role then he should claim.

Well if you want to do a random lynch, then why dont you look at Edocsil's alternative? He posted right above you suggesting vodean/betiko and you seem to be settled for just random lynching vodean. Since from past experience vodean wont claim and will likely take the lynch, I would rather look into betiko because if we discover he is a PR or something then we can always gather enough pressure to lynch vodean in the end. This is a relatively silent game, so I guess it needs to start somewhere, vote soundman for being content with a random lynch.

If anything edocils vote is more about self preservation then weeding out scum and he says as much. He has suggested we pick between Vodean and Betiko based on what they "may" say. He suggests they will eventually say something stupid so we may as well lynch them first because we would eventually lynch them anyways.

We have two options. 1) a truly random vote where no one votes and the mod picks randomly
2) let the players decide with their votes.

This game is different as non-votes pile on the person with the most votes. A player with two votes can still die, which means ones vote is even more powerful this game then normal.

So lets talk scum. Vodean has done nothing wrong except having been the recipient of joke votes. he has NO case whatsoever on him. NONE yet three player have kept their votes on him as the deadline approaches knowing their votes were joke votes. THAT is the first scummy thing of importance I have seen.

Edocils is more scummy because he is advocating a lynch on Vodean or Betiko based on something thay have not done and making it sound like a valid reason in doing so.

Vote edocsil
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby vodean on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:24 am

so when i (for once) am not scummy, does that make me scummy? (ah, thats better)

the two cases we have going are
1) betiko. not too much except being betiko (aggro) and trying to get me to claim/pressure jumping/being jumpy
2) edoc. supporting an essentially random lynch, voting simply to try and get a lynch rather than gather info. just because we have to lynch doesnt mean it has to be this instant.
despite them voting eachother i wouldnt rule them out as being scumbuddies.
i'll vote edoc for playing more out of character.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 am

I would rather die then even bother claiming for the crap that you three think you can pull.

A. Both of my subjects directly OMGUSed. This completely validates my claim that they are the worst players in the game and use little logic for their votes
B. IB, your point is invalid. Idgaf that there is a "case" of jokes on vode, it's irrelevant to my opinion. Call me a Liar if you can, Who has the worst Meta for saying things at the worst of times, and forcing us to hang them?
C.
Wtf? This is totally withing my meta. I'm a dick, and I will always sacrifice another player then myself in RL.
Edoc'sil

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:16 am

edocsil wrote:I would rather die then even bother claiming for the crap that you three think you can pull.

A. Both of my subjects directly OMGUSed. This completely validates my claim that they are the worst players in the game and use little logic for their votes
B. IB, your point is invalid. Idgaf that there is a "case" of jokes on vode, it's irrelevant to my opinion. Call me a Liar if you can, Who has the worst Meta for saying things at the worst of times, and forcing us to hang them?
C.
Wtf? This is totally withing my meta. I'm a dick, and I will always sacrifice another player then myself in RL.

well I guess you'll just have to suck it up cupcake. I think you have one of the worse logics there. If you think that me and vode are the worse players and that you will get OMGUS votes from both of us, your lack of reasoning is pretty funny given this game's mechanics. In a 7 day day 1 where no one dares to make a move there is obviously not going to be an case where logic prevails. It s just plain stupid to go seriously after 2 players at the same time that you know will OMGUS you AND to suggest town a random lynch instead of getting a target to claim. You are suggesting 100% luck insead of reducing this % by getting valuable info. How is that a good play?
and you've said it yourself. "No one wants to be the one to say this I suppose". You therefore knew that that post could get you in some trouble especially in a day 1 yet you did it.
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 am

Betiko, you just used a circular argument. There is nothing random about my suggested lynch (also for the record, I would chose vodean over you, you tend to be a far calmer player. I suggested a culling of the weak so to speak. If I wanted a RL I would have just unvoted and let the night come. If I was scum, that's what I should do anyhow. A RL favors scum and everyone fucking knows it. I want to stop a RL at all costs.
Edoc'sil

Postby jonty125 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 am

unvote, vote betiko for suggesting a claim from someone based on jokevotes and voting edoc for being a smart-ass which is not a crime.

I disagree with edoc's logic, but he actually doesn't vote for betiko or vodean he just puts an idea out there.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 am

Honestly I am at a toss up. I do think edoc has made far better rebuddles than betiko has, but I don't think I want to place a vote yet.. IB was right. your vote means more in this game than in others.
Colonel NoSurvivors

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives