Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three, Need Reserves

Postby / on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:51 pm

The perfidious Shoggoths may have failed at their task directly, but that did not mean that the Elder Things were meant to survive...
The humans were the new masters of the lands above, and they were not willing to let the deaths of their own go unanswered for. The humans cast off their ships in wait for the ancient extraterrestrials, the nervous energy this time was not of a lamb surrounded by wolves, but instead the adrenaline rush of a predator, hoping dearly that their prey doesn't outwit them.

The Elder things had far more time to prepare, far vaster an arsenal and sharper a killer instinct, but it did not prepare for the insignificance of humankind, who in the vast cosmic plays were mere specs of dust no greater than any defenseless animals. The creature floated leisurely to the surface, taking no mind of the boats, the fishing ships cast their nets, holding onto the creature just long enough to fire their old whaling harpoons at a new target, a much smaller, and yet much greater foe. Eventually the creature writhed its stalks and fins, then sunk to the deep.

show

Night Three begins, you have until Monday to send in actions.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Night Three, Need Reserv

Postby / on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:11 am

The abyssal pipes from last night sound again in a person's house, rumbling loudly from the cacophony, as well as the movements of the massive creature within. this time the creature sinks down into the summoning circles, slinking back into the shifting outer chaos of its home realm.

Elsewhere the Elder Things seek out their targets once more, this time they come across a man doing strange incantations while reading from a book the the creature are surprised, for the first time in thousands of eons, they hear another species speaking a recognizable tongue, a tongue of enemies to all life, words that greet with open arms horrors that could easily crush this planet. The Elder things rip this man apart, taking his book into their own possession, lest the flying beasts, or swimming hybrids take it for their own purposes.

Just as it seemed the Elder Things had struck a major victory against an ancient threat, a human jumps down from a nearby roof, landing a lucky blow against the previous inhabitants of the lands.

show

Day four begins, with 21 alive, it takes 10 to lynch, you have until next tuesday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:27 am

Hey commander did anything strange happen to you last night?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:29 am

One other thing concerns me quite a bit here. . . It says that there is a BLACK Brotherhood, but from the flavor they may act as cult/killswitch. This isnt good at all guys.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 am

rishaed wrote:Hey commander did anything strange happen to you last night?

I read this like: "Did anything... straaaaaaaange happen to you last night?" :P

Also, I'm free. Proof: Vote Rishaed. Purely to show my vote has returned.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 am

Alright, Strikewolf's death looks to be a good thing and I suppose we should thank the Elder Things for it as they seem to be responsible for it. While we don't know for sure what he was it sure looks like a cult leader to me.
That said, I now have to look at the Elder Things themselves. Lord Voldemort was one and, while he was hammer before a full claim could be extracted, claimed not to have a kill. Yet, the scene very much points to that faction making a kill last night. So, was he lying and this group is therefor not to be trusted, or what?

So, did anybody get anything last night that they would like to share?
Captain spiesr

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:01 am

I'm caught up and ready to rock!

First of all, the weird majority thing seems to arise from Commander's faction always having voteless people, be it themselves or players they have captured. That's why with 26 players it took 12 to lynch, because there were only 23 voters.

Commander, when do you find out the powers of the person whose mind you've captured? For instance, you've captured new people N3. Do you already know their powers or will you only know N4?

Hippo, could you please adress the post about you I made yesterday?
General Rodion

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:09 am

Rodion wrote:I'm caught up and ready to rock!

First of all, the weird majority thing seems to arise from Commander's faction always having voteless people, be it themselves or players they have captured. That's why with 26 players it took 12 to lynch, because there were only 23 voters.

Commander, when do you find out the powers of the person whose mind you've captured? For instance, you've captured new people N3. Do you already know their powers or will you only know N4?

Hippo, could you please adress the post about you I made yesterday?

I take it your brief foray into insanity has passed or will you be drinking Red Bull mixed with Vodka next?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:47 am

pancakemix wrote:

Well should be interesting, but I'm assuming that since Comm isn't dead that nothing big happened, but I want to know first.

Postby vodean on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:15 am

rishaed wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

Well should be interesting, but I'm assuming that since Comm isn't dead that nothing big happened, but I want to know first.

or you have inside information. like using the last ability. also, ghostly, please reveal some aspect of your alignment/WC for my purposes... i trust you but want to confirm something.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:14 am

Rodion wrote:Hippo, could you please adress the post about you I made yesterday?

Yesterday you picked up my comments about Nendreel and Vode. What I said was that there was something in my PM which caused me to question Nendreel. Hence my vote and question. We have moved on since then. As to my comment re Vode, again I was trying to gather information and got my hand slapped for misreading some earlier posts. Not sure if that helps you but thought I'd give you the context of those posts.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:18 am

<< captive mind.

What about the little elder things sub cults, do we need to kill them off now to or are we calling bluff on that?
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:36 am

thehippo8 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Hippo, could you please adress the post about you I made yesterday?

Yesterday you picked up my comments about Nendreel and Vode. What I said was that there was something in my PM which caused me to question Nendreel. Hence my vote and question. We have moved on since then. As to my comment re Vode, again I was trying to gather information and got my hand slapped for misreading some earlier posts. Not sure if that helps you but thought I'd give you the context of those posts.

It doesn't really explain why you would have info on your PM that has been proved not to be your role. You are not providing any usefull info there to understand our concern.

Also, what the hell is the first paragraph of te scene about?
"The abyssal pipes from last night sound again in a person's house, rumbling loudly from the cacophony, as well as the movements of the massive creature within. this time the creature sinks down into the summoning circles, slinking back into the shifting outer chaos of its home realm. "

are the creatures going in another world, like the land of dreams or the undead? I don't get it.. I guess these would be the purples?

Regarding elder things: we got 2 casualties here and it might be the win condition of one of the factions to kill them all? We don't know at all what these guys are about after killing lovo without any claim or anything... I even wonder if all elder things are conected or if each one holds its own WC.
From the second paragraph it does look like they are the closest thing to mafia and can consult each other for night kills? Also, they are orange and not purple, and killing what seems to be a cult leader is described as a victory for them.

black brotherhood: I guess with their leader dead they can't recruit any longer? 3 nights, so up to 3 recruted fellas? don't know if strike managed to send a night action when he replaced count, so 3 isn't sure at all.

last: seems like ther is a town vigilante role
Major betiko

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:I take it your brief foray into insanity has passed or will you be drinking Red Bull mixed with Vodka next?

I was never insane. I just had a somewhat randomly assigned PR that lasted throughout D3. I got no N2 info from Yog-Sothoth that punished me with D3 insanity/PR.

thehippo8 wrote:

Your questioning of Nendreel made us feel like you had the same role PM Yoshi and many others have, hence you could not believe a non-JOAT human existed. Vodean even noticed that you were trying to subtly paint yourself as human.

Then your Vodean comment threw that possibility away, as if you indeed had Yoshi's role PM you would not have curiosity regarding Vodean's alignment and those trying to align with him.

Could you point out the post you misread that caused this confusion?
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 am

betiko wrote:last: seems like ther is a town vigilante role

Or several. One of Safari's JOAT roles is vigilante and he was unable to use his powers. Seems like other JOATs have the same powers, just like many of them can inquire Yog-Sothoth.
General Rodion

Postby jonty125 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:35 am

Well the death of SW is good. I have gained no information during the night.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 am

I have nothing from the night.

Edoc, do you mean that hippo is in the same faction as Comm9? That would explain a lot.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 am

edocsil wrote:<< captive mind.

What about the little elder things sub cults, do we need to kill them off now to or are we calling bluff on that?

We should probably call the bluff. From my understanding, they only have followers if a Human worships them (although its not completely cleared up yet), so I'd think that this black brotherhood is a much more pressing concern at the moment.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Commander9 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 pm

I used the action while I was in the captive body... Apart from that, no. I know some of the actions that happened tonight, but all in all, we were not too productive, although we may have some useful information to share.. Once we know how to interpret it.

@ Rodion

Yes, I find out the powers straight off the bat... Although I can't use them. (Thus I already know some more powers)

Kanin Usagi wrote:
edocsil wrote:<< captive mind.

We should probably call the bluff. From my understanding, they only have followers if a Human worships them (although its not completely cleared up yet), so I'd think that this black brotherhood is a much more pressing concern at the moment.

Difficult to decide on this... But since our group needs only to survive, I think that we'll just reveal what we know and you get to decide what to do with that information.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Cool. So that means you have knowledge of 8 players (should be 9, but you targeted PCM twice). I'm anxious to see the new information you got.

Also, Yoshi, Hippo is not in Commander's faction.
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:26 pm

vote the hippo
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 pm

hippo pretending to be something he isn't is odd enough to dig deeper into, might reveal some ugly stuff.

vote hippo.
Major betiko

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:13 pm

I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor.
Bold Blue is my response to Vodean. Come on buddy, please read. I am a survivor, that is my alignment and my WC in...wait for it...To survive. :)
Cadet ghostly447

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:24 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor.
Bold Blue is my response to Vodean. Come on buddy, please read. I am a survivor, that is my alignment and my WC in...wait for it...To survive. :)

Ok, that's twice you've made the same mistake.

unvote vote ghostly

You are not an Elder God. The fact that you think you are proves that you are not telling us something.
There is no reason for the phrase "Elder God" to even be in your mind, unless your role PM tells you about the Elder Gods. So, tell us what you know about the Elder Gods.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:45 pm

I don't understand all these lovecraftian deithy clasifications, but I did read this from wiki:

"In post-Lovecraft stories, the Elder Gods oppose the Outer Gods and the Great Old Ones. Some consider them to be non-Lovecraftian because they employ a good versus evil dichotomy which some see as contrary to the cosmic indifference of Lovecraft's fiction" (does it mean they appear only in post-lovecraft stories?)

it seems like in lovecraft mythos there are great old ones ones, outer gods and great ones? I understand jack shit to tell the truth and I'd rather hear from someone with a good knowledge of this rather than reading pages and pages with unfamiliar references. the amount of gods is just insane... Boy there was a lot going on in this guy's mind!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu_Mythos_deities

the colour isn't given to you anyways in your PM, so you can put the colour you want.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives