Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby jak111 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Rodion wrote:Also, Jak's list is wrong. VS has claimed human and that is not on the list, Safari has claimed "town human", PCM is not a member of Commander's group and I've never said I was Yoshi-human.

I'm doing my best bud, fix the list up if you want, but as of right now, Ghostly's claim sticks out to me as odd with all the Elder Things seeming to be bad. Put one and one together and I believe it's a fake claim.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Overall, there has been too much insulting in this game. I am sorry, as I think I started the trend.

Ghostly, I am now characterizing you in the same category of players as vodean, jgordon, jak and (maybe) betiko. Your time away from mafia has not been good. If you are caught dead in a lie, insulting players is not the way to go. If you aren't lying, you should analyze the case on you as if you weren't you. Your AtE's and everything else means I will not unvote you today. Even if we get a cop guilty, I would rather lynch that player tomorrow. I want the old ghostly back, and if I have to kill the new ghostly to accomplish this, I will.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 pm

betiko wrote:yes... how the hell did you get that type of specific info vode? i think yog wouldn't give that much intel.. Is it the other type of wierd thingy? Also can someone give a better explanation about elder gods, are they directly lovecraft related or lovecraft inspired? from what i understood on wiki they are lovecraft inspired and therefore shouldn't be in this game? I feel alone in this overwhelming lovecraft universe i don't understand!
I thought you were a "Human", shouldn't you know that one of the things that can be asked of Yog-Sothoth is a player's alignment? I assume that this is what Vodean's revelation stems from, but he needs to stop being incoherent and confirm it.
Note to ghostly: This thing which appears to be a claimed action from Vodean will be the primary factor if you are lynched today.
That said, saying contradictory things like this:
ghostly447 wrote:I win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
When you are claiming to be a survivor doesn't help your case. There is no good reason for you not to be able to keep your win condition straight.
ghostly447 wrote:I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor.
Also, doesn't the part about "alone" not make much sense when paired with all that stuff you said about your followers yesterday? You can't be alone and also a member of a faction like that, can you?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Another contradiction. Nice one spiesr.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Nendreel on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:09 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
Rodion wrote:I still want to hear more from Hippo and Commander (who apparently found someone else with a weird role), but at this point I find it hard to believe you'll make it to N4, Ghostly. Botching a roleclaim is a big deal to me and most people, and you've managed to do it twice (Elder God and town WC when you're claiming Great Old One and survivor).

Also, Jak's list is wrong. VS has claimed human and that is not on the list, Safari has claimed "town human", PCM is not a member of Commander's group and I've never said I was Yoshi-human.

Hey Rodion - what else did you want to know? This game is confusing enough without me having to guess what you are asking.

As for 'God of the Red Flux' - I can't find that in anything to do with Lovecraft! Has anyone else found it or is it just completely bogus?

WIkipedia page under Great Old Ones.
The reason I at first thought it was noncanonical is because I was looking under the Elder Gods List.

The God of the Red Flux (that is such an awful name) comes from the Treemen of M'bwa which was written by Donald Wandrei for the C'thulu Mythos (the term for the Lovecraft universe), so there is room for arguement that it is a fake claim.

All things considered I'm ready to vote on ghostly, but I'd like to hear what Comm9 has first.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 pm

pancakemix wrote:Look, if people are following you they probably want something to happen, likely because you want that something to happen. People don't follow gods for them to dick around. There's an end goal to religions all over. Do you honestly want us to believe that there are people worshipping you and there's really no reason why?

I:
a) Had to claim because you nimrods wanted to know Risaed's alignment.
b) Have been reading, but quite frankly it is difficult when everyone in here is completely ignorant (proof shown with me being forced to repost the whole thing I defended myself with in order for you all to realize I didnt change anything I said, I just used it from my old posts.

Neither of those things even makes sense. No one forced you to claim or to reveal your WC. You did that on your own. One vote is not pressure enough. And you misunderstand why you weren't lynched yesterday: LoVo was said to have a killing power, therefore was likely scum. There was easily more reason to lynch him.

Also, just saying, calling everyone nimrods is not helping your case at all.

Read my claim again and what happens if I die.
Yeah. I should have just waited to get to L-2 then claim so that people believed me even less in a last ditch effort to preserve my life. They never just say "Well then, I still say lynch him because he was acting scummy, so it must be a fake claim". That never happens, right?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 pm

spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:yes... how the hell did you get that type of specific info vode? i think yog wouldn't give that much intel.. Is it the other type of wierd thingy? Also can someone give a better explanation about elder gods, are they directly lovecraft related or lovecraft inspired? from what i understood on wiki they are lovecraft inspired and therefore shouldn't be in this game? I feel alone in this overwhelming lovecraft universe i don't understand!
I thought you were a "Human", shouldn't you know that one of the things that can be asked of Yog-Sothoth is a player's alignment? I assume that this is what Vodean's revelation stems from, but he needs to stop being incoherent and confirm it.
Note to ghostly: This thing which appears to be a claimed action from Vodean will be the primary factor if you are lynched today.
That said, saying contradictory things like this:
ghostly447 wrote:I win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
When you are claiming to be a survivor doesn't help your case. There is no good reason for you not to be able to keep your win condition straight.
ghostly447 wrote:I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor.
Also, doesn't the part about "alone" not make much sense when paired with all that stuff you said about your followers yesterday? You can't be alone and also a member of a faction like that, can you?

I myself am alone. My followers, I suppose, are a different faction.

I am not going to try to say anymore. I tried. I lost. DoomYoshi, I started getting mad when you role fished. I got more angry when I had to repost my claim in its entirety again today. I am now even more pissed that after I was forced to do that, you think that I am doing it in a hypocritical way. I did it because of the ignorance of several players leading to them being unable to attach:
1) that I took my WC, and name claim straight from my initial claim post. - Doom
2) that I was told that I needed to post more about my role even though I posted tons of shit on it before (Go to my first post of claiming, if that wasnt enough details, I dont know what is. - Jak
3) I got yet another player up my ass likely role fishing trying to get me to squirm more. - Vodean
4) A completely un-noted BW - PCM

Lets see. I dont think I a being an asshole insulting people. I believe I am calling ignorant people ignorant. You even happened to ignore the part on D3 where I posted SHOWING where the were advocating for not only my claim, but my potential lynch should my claim not be upheld.

Sorry, I meant to post this with the rest of my post. But I forgot to copy and paste it to here.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
Rodion wrote:How do you know that, Vodean?
+1

Also, thank you for giving up on your "PR".

Unvote Vote Ghostly
Im lovin the straight up unnoted BW
Is there a problem with pancake voting for you after vodean basically claimed to have evidence that you are lying? It seems like a completely reasonable thing for him to do.
show
Captain spiesr

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 pm

spiesr wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
+1

Unvote Vote Ghostly
Is there a problem with pancake voting for you after vodean basically claimed to have evidence that you are lying? It seems like a completely reasonable thing for him to do.
show

I am done. Has he posted how he knows? NO. Do you really think that all of these third party claims are believable? NO. Is Vodean EVER someone you believe, especially when he takes up the whole insane thing and then proceeds to say "Im just making the lines up, Im not insane". NO. Who does that?

I hate to be critical to all of you, and I deeply apologize, but mafia just isnt fun anymore. When the tactics switch from real scum hunting to role fishing and then ignoring everything else, it just seems like a waste of time. I will keep playing, obviously, in hopes that it gets to a better state but come on. Just because I am the major case today, doesnt mean the rest must be left without a glance.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm

@Doom - thanks for that confirmation. It has nothing to do with Lovecraft!! It comes from Donald Wandrei (1997) [1932]. "The Tree Men of M'bwa". Don't Dream. Minneapolis, MN: Fedogan & Bremer. ISBN 1-878252-27-5.

There were many pretenders to the throne and Donald was one of them!

So, its a fake claim ... unvote (if required) vote Ghostly

Fastposted numerous tiems (including Nendreel saying the same)
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:53 pm

thehippo8 wrote:@Doom - thanks for that confirmation. It has nothing to do with Lovecraft!! It comes from Donald Wandrei (1997) [1932]. "The Tree Men of M'bwa". Don't Dream. Minneapolis, MN: Fedogan & Bremer. ISBN 1-878252-27-5.

There were many pretenders to the throne and Donald was one of them!

So, its a fake claim ... unvote (if required) vote Ghostly

Fastposted numerous tiems (including Nendreel saying the same)

Link please to the proof.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 pm

If the proof is valid, please dont lynch me yet as I have one last thing to say. In towns favor possibly.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
show
How confident are you that said character not being written by Lovecraft himself, but rather being part of the extended universe, makes it a fake-claim?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:01 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
spiesr wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:
+1

Unvote Vote Ghostly
show

I am done. Has he posted how he knows? NO. Do you really think that all of these third party claims are believable? NO. Is Vodean EVER someone you believe, especially when he takes up the whole insane thing and then proceeds to say "Im just making the lines up, Im not insane". NO. Who does that?

I hate to be critical to all of you, and I deeply apologize, but mafia just isnt fun anymore. When the tactics switch from real scum hunting to role fishing and then ignoring everything else, it just seems like a waste of time. I will keep playing, obviously, in hopes that it gets to a better state but come on. Just because I am the major case today, doesnt mean the rest must be left without a glance.

Nobody was rolefishing. I specifically said I didn't want a claim.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:04 pm

spiesr wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
show
How confident are you that said character not being written by Lovecraft himself, but rather being part of the extended universe, makes it a fake-claim?

I guess you are right. No doubt there are muppets, band members from the London Philharmonic, random people selected from a telephone directory and selected iterations of multiples of Pi here too? After all, they are all members of the universe! Get a grip!!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
spiesr wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
show

I guess you are right. No doubt there are muppets, band members from the London Philharmonic, random people selected from a telephone directory and selected iterations of multiples of Pi here too? After all, they are all members of the universe! Get a grip!!

In the OP / clearly said that they would be drawn from multiple sources.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 pm

@Doom ... no ... its says "This Game is a mish-mash of various HP Lovecraft works ....
ImageImageImage
show

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:09 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
1) You led the case when you said "Got you, vote ghostly".

It was primarily a reaction test. Yes, I was fishing. Deal with it.
Though Safari may have provided some form of input,

This "some sort of input" was that he got a night action result on you. If you missed that, then you are obviously skimming.

and some sort of a case (that I cant very much respond to because I am quite confused on what I am being accused of),

The BEST kind of case, one that comes from a mod PM

You provided the beginning suspision on me,

Not true, you have had suspicion on you since the joke stage.

and since you have had a strong say on everything the past days and seem to know quite a bit,

I pay attention and haven't led town astray yet.

your word is not taken lightly in this forum. Therefore any votes on me were a result of you initially throwing suspicion, and therefore, I am not skimming simply knowing where the supposed case started. Your lack of effort is noted.

Of course there were NO VOTES on you. If I take full responsibility for all the votes on you, I am still taking responsibility for nothing. So, there, I take responsibility. 100% of the zero votes on you were 100% my fault. (yes, the jak one popped in, but you were FP'ed on that one).

2) I picked on you too as well as all other humans that are 3rd party that could (or have) aligned themselves with someone,

True

or gotten taken in by the cult (which half of the people know about due to their role pm) that apparently know the most of anyone in this game.

Rodion addressed this. Why could cult recruit someone who is in the crosslines of every player, every day?

Everyone has blindly followed you

Including you, I might add.

and the others when any one of them could be lying and be batting for a different team by now,

Why would anyone use a 1-shot that controls whether or not they win the game (unless they are a noob like rishaed)?

just playing the part of safe little survivor. So actually, I did step up to the bigger challenge of an entire, unsteady, probably soon to crumble, faction which is the 3rd party role aligners.

Soon? Oh yea?

Your lack of effort is once again noted in the attempt to digest my big post.

Listen, calling the player who has possibly contributed the most all game "lack of effort" is just stupid.

3) Though it was posted on day 2, you did not put it into quotes making for an easily mistakened thought that you may have done some minor revising to it before you resposted it for no apparent reason.

I was just bringing it back to the front of the discussion and moved 2 people around. I didn't check every point on the list. For this, I am sorry. It's better than your list.

I dont know Doom. You tell me. You seemed to be sure when voting for me at first, but now you just seem to not want to put too much effort into proving my guilt that you so strongly think is present. Why else would you post just a couple words before voting?

Just to piss you off (it worked).

That's not actually the reason.

That would risk a PR, and we all know no one likes that.

Actually, I explicitly stated I don't care about PRs in this game. That's why I was willing to lynch both Sully and LSU with no claim.

DoomYoshi wrote:
1) You led the case when you said "Got you, vote ghostly".

It was primarily a reaction test. Yes, I was fishing. Deal with it.

Funny how the contradiction works for both sides.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Hippo,

thehippo8 wrote:again I was trying to gather information and got my hand slapped for misreading some earlier posts.

I want to understand what you misread and how that misreading explains your apparently contradictory behaviour.

ghostly447 wrote:If the proof is valid, please dont lynch me yet as I have one last thing to say. In towns favor possibly.

Are you acknowledging the possibility that his proof on your fakeclaim is valid? Because that's pretty much confessing you fakeclaimed.

To make things clear, if someone had said they had proof my character was fake, I would never consider the possibility of him having valid proof that my character is fake, as I happen to know my own character is not.

You seem to be digging a deeper hole, but I do not want to rush anything before I hear from Hippo, Commander and Vodean.
General Rodion

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Rodion wrote:Hippo,

thehippo8 wrote:again I was trying to gather information and got my hand slapped for misreading some earlier posts.

I want to understand what you misread and how that misreading explains your apparently contradictory behaviour.

ghostly447 wrote:If the proof is valid, please dont lynch me yet as I have one last thing to say. In towns favor possibly.

Are you acknowledging the possibility that his proof on your fakeclaim is valid? Because that's pretty much confessing you fakeclaimed.

To make things clear, if someone had said they had proof my character was fake, I would never consider the possibility of him having valid proof that my character is fake, as I happen to know my own character is not.

You seem to be digging a deeper hole, but I do not want to rush anything before I hear from Hippo, Commander and Vodean.

When I posted that I had given up. I did acknowledge he could have found my fake claim. I was just hoping that post would get covered up. Good play by a few in here. Seeya next game. But I will say I love how my "contradictions" (Some that actually werent) were fully seen in their light but no others were. But oh well. Good game and good luck to all this game.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:35 pm

First of all, your ad hominem attacks are noted and not appreciated ghostly.

Second of all, reposting your win condition does nothing to dispel the contradiction that spiesr and I believe strike already pointed out.

Thirdly, there's a big difference between rolefishing and you obliging them by claiming after one vote. Since you didn't lead a massive mislynch wagon or anything the day before to the best of my knowledge, one vote shouldn't cause a claim. Also, you talk about claiming at L-2 as being less useful. You should know that that's standard play and deviating so great actually makes you look more scummy. I find that argument deliberately misleading.

Also, the fact that you attack vodean's credibility by questioning the player is something of a low blow especially considering he's not the one under lynch pressure right now. One must question the post and not the player.

And just FYI, yes I am claiming town human which seems to have been overlooked on these lists.

Also, it appears that I'm a captive mind again and masoned with edoc. I'm checking with the mod to see if I'm still power and voteless.
Captain safariguy5

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 pm

safariguy5 wrote:First of all, your ad hominem attacks are noted and not appreciated ghostly.

Second of all, reposting your win condition does nothing to dispel the contradiction that spiesr and I believe strike already pointed out.

Thirdly, there's a big difference between rolefishing and you obliging them by claiming after one vote. Since you didn't lead a massive mislynch wagon or anything the day before to the best of my knowledge, one vote shouldn't cause a claim. Also, you talk about claiming at L-2 as being less useful. You should know that that's standard play and deviating so great actually makes you look more scummy. I find that argument deliberately misleading.

Also, the fact that you attack vodean's credibility by questioning the player is something of a low blow especially considering he's not the one under lynch pressure right now. One must question the post and not the player.

And just FYI, yes I am claiming town human which seems to have been overlooked on these lists.

Also, it appears that I'm a captive mind again and masoned with edoc. I'm checking with the mod to see if I'm still power and voteless.

Lol. So every other can curse their way through the entire group that plays here, but I cant get pissed that I got role fished? You know that I would have been forced into the claim at L-2 due to players overwhelming support of Doom's words, right? You realize that I attacked Vodean's credibility because it was a legit reason? I had already been rolefished, how was I not to assume he was trying to gain enough support for a lynch? You realize that some of the contradictions werent actually contradictions, just what was in m fake claim right?

God, this just gets better and better. Bring on the hate, I am pissed enough not to care. I got called out based on shit and then got lynched on shit. Do I not have a right to be COMPLETELY pissed?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Sounds like he's throwing in the towel. Vote Ghostly
Was fun playing with you this game.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm

I am going to quit talking. I am sounding like a complete ass hole. And thank you rishaed. Also, before you all forget Rishaed aligned himself with me.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I am going to quit talking. I am sounding like a complete ass hole. And thank you rishaed. Also, before you all forget Rishaed aligned himself with me.

Shush, you're going to get me killed 8-[ :-$ Sorta sucks that my gut feeling was dead on from what it sounds >.<
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives