Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:47 pm

jak111 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Also, Jak's list is wrong. VS has claimed human and that is not on the list, Safari has claimed "town human", PCM is not a member of Commander's group and I've never said I was Yoshi-human.

I'm doing my best bud, fix the list up if you want, but as of right now, Ghostly's claim sticks out to me as odd with all the Elder Things seeming to be bad. Put one and one together and I believe it's a fake claim.

Ok.

1.Swifte
2.DoomYoshi - survivor human
3.spiesr
5.Iron Butterfly
8.ghostly447 - survivor Great Old One
9.safariguy5 - town human
10.new guy1
11.vodean - survivor human
12.jonty125 - survivor human
13.Nendreel - town human
14.jak111
15.rishaed - ex-survivor human aligned with X
16.Victor Sullivan - ??? human
18.Commander9 - survivor alien (masoned)
19.edocsil - survivor human
20.thehippo8
21. pancakemix
22. Kanin Usagi
24.betiko - survivor human
25.Rodion - ??? human

Saf/PCM - I believe one of you got the answer to that thing we were discussing at the final moments of N3. I said something could be either A/B/C. Could you check that PM I wrote and tell me whether it's A, B or C?
General Rodion

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 pm

rishaed wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:I am going to quit talking. I am sounding like a complete ass hole. And thank you rishaed. Also, before you all forget Rishaed aligned himself with me.

Shush, you're going to get me killed 8-[ :-$ Sorta sucks that my gut feeling was dead on from what it sounds >.<

I am an Elder Thing. The thing they have lynched twice. Have fun dying. At least you dont have to try to fake claim. ;)
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Well at least that's one good thing about this. D:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:51 pm

rishaed wrote:Well at least that's one good thing about this. D:

Ima laugh if others align themselves with you and everyone has to go on a wild goose chase to find them. Not giving any ideas to those third parties, or course.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Nah I'm pretty sure that we've hit Jackpot a few to many times in the game for that one to happen. Man well this hurts quite a bit.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:54 pm

rishaed wrote:Nah I'm pretty sure that we've hit Jackpot a few to many times in the game for that one to happen. Man well this hurts quite a bit.

Now to soothe my curiosity, who is player X? Play this one smart sir. :P
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Rodion on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:54 pm

I was fastposted by a lot of people. Saf, disregard my question, then. PCM, you may still know the answer.

It's settled. Ghostly is today's lynch, but I still say we wait to hear from other people before the hammering occurs.
General Rodion

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:56 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Look, if people are following you they probably want something to happen, likely because you want that something to happen. People don't follow gods for them to dick around. There's an end goal to religions all over. Do you honestly want us to believe that there are people worshipping you and there's really no reason why?

I:
a) Had to claim because you nimrods wanted to know Risaed's alignment.
b) Have been reading, but quite frankly it is difficult when everyone in here is completely ignorant (proof shown with me being forced to repost the whole thing I defended myself with in order for you all to realize I didnt change anything I said, I just used it from my old posts.

Neither of those things even makes sense. No one forced you to claim or to reveal your WC. You did that on your own. One vote is not pressure enough. And you misunderstand why you weren't lynched yesterday: LoVo was said to have a killing power, therefore was likely scum. There was easily more reason to lynch him.

Also, just saying, calling everyone nimrods is not helping your case at all.

Read my claim again and what happens if I die.
Yeah. I should have just waited to get to L-2 then claim so that people believed me even less in a last ditch effort to preserve my life. They never just say "Well then, I still say lynch him because he was acting scummy, so it must be a fake claim". That never happens, right?

Your death is irrelevant. In life, you serve no purpose.

Debatable. It would've at least made more sense to claim late.

Also, stop telling me I'm bandwagoning when there are some blatant contradictions in your claim and you've been called out as a liar, which Rodion and spiesr have been apt to point out.

Lets see. I dont think I a being an asshole insulting people. I believe I am calling ignorant people ignorant. You even happened to ignore the part on D3 where I posted SHOWING where the were advocating for not only my claim, but my potential lynch should my claim not be upheld.

No, calling people nimrods is insulting. And unkind.

I'd go on, but I'd be beating a dead horse. Hadn't finished reading up to this point.

I'd agree with Rodion that we need to hear from a few more before we go ahead.

@Rodion: I'm not certain. I would guess A or B would be most likely, leaning B.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Nendreel on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Rodion wrote:It's settled. Ghostly is today's lynch, but I still say we wait to hear from other people before the hammering occurs.

If I'm counting right the votes on ghostly so far are: PCM, jak, Doom, ng1, hippo and rishaed.
So ghostly should be at L-4.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
rishaed wrote:Nah I'm pretty sure that we've hit Jackpot a few to many times in the game for that one to happen. Man well this hurts quite a bit.

Now to soothe my curiosity, who is player X? Play this one smart sir. :P

I'll tell you afterwards. . . .technically speaking he could already be dead for all everyone else knows. But that play/info from Saf is gonna hurt me no end because i know my WC now. Things just went from bad to worse for me.

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:03 pm

Okay guys, I will say this once. IF anyone brings it up again, then I will go through and get tons of examples of other people doing it and not getting this much shit about it. I played the game. I insulted people. If I am the first instance of it in your mind, I will be more than pissed to go through other games, and even this one, and show you all that I am not the only one insulting people. If I am going to get shit for it, others should be treated equally and therefore get shit as well. Please do not label me as the only shit talker here. Because I know for a fact I am not the only one that insulted someone in the course of playing a game.

Rishaed, you dont know your WC yet. But I will be more than happy to tell you. Though unless you can kill someone at night, your only hope is gonna be if the lynch your targets.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm pretty sure Vode said it loud and clear, sadly enough. I'm assuming that you are the equivalent to mafia in this game? What a great day.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby ghostly447 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:08 pm

vodean wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor.
Bold Blue is my response to Vodean. Come on buddy, please read. I am a survivor, that is my alignment and my WC in...wait for it...To survive. :)

that is a lie. i dont know why you are lying, but your WC is to eliminate the elder gods AND outer gods. fp jak

He forgot that I also have to kill the Great Old Ones. Thats why I claimed one of the 3 I had to kill. haha
Cadet ghostly447

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:15 pm

I will say that ghost had a right to be mad, as I too see that the case started with vodean's posting of his WC with nothing to back it up. Normally, I would have seen posts saying that they would wait for more information, wait for an explanation, anything, but here I did not. I will not say that he had the right to stoop down to the level of calling everyone nimrods, but I also can't say that people act as their normal selves when they are pissed off. I am glad that everyone saw the contradictions in his posts, but he did show where there was contradiction in doom's posts and such to show he was not the only one. Overall, I dislike how it played out, but I'm fine with the result, as it has effectively taken out the killing faction in the game.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Rolefishing =/= fishing.

Rolefishing is when I think you might have a role and I am trying to verify that OR when I am trying to figure out who a specific role is.

My type of fishing is when I call a random player scum, and then watch them flail and incriminate themselves. Ghostly, I am sure you can appreciate that these are related, but different concepts.

New guy: nothing to back it up????

There are a half dozen other players who realize that vodean has this ability. What the f*ck are you talking about? Also, there were the inherent contradictions in his own talk, not even considering vodean's evidence.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Nothing to back what up? If you skimmed over ghostly's post showing where you said you "were rolefishing, deal with it" and then you sad you "werent role fishing", then you legitimately are skimming, and ghostly was right, because that was one long ass post.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Commander9 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Jeez, guys, some of us have lives :lol:

Rodion wrote:Cool. So that means you have knowledge of 8 players (should be 9, but you targeted PCM twice). I'm anxious to see the new information you got.

Also, Yoshi, Hippo is not in Commander's faction.

Not completely accurate as there have been some failed possessions (kills take place before the possession, so we couldn't possess Strike Wolf tonight).

Rodion wrote:How do you know that, Vodean?

Pretty sure he used the same ability that you have ;)

Rodion wrote:I still want to hear more from Hippo and Commander (who apparently found someone else with a weird role), but at this point I find it hard to believe you'll make it to N4, Ghostly. Botching a roleclaim is a big deal to me and most people, and you've managed to do it twice (Elder God and town WC when you're claiming Great Old One and survivor).

Also, Jak's list is wrong. VS has claimed human and that is not on the list, Safari has claimed "town human", PCM is not a member of Commander's group and I've never said I was Yoshi-human.

RE: My previous post.

For now, we basically are not sure of the alignment due to some complications, so it has equal chances of being a power role for town or scum, so for now, while we have pretty clear people that are extremely suspicious (Ghostly, Hippo and Rishaed in that order), I would highly recommend going after them. Then again, I am quite impartial at who will be lynched and I'm concentrating on improving our chances of surviving to the maximum - getting rid of killing roles or any other dangerous factions and surviving. Basically, once the killing roles and other dangerous factions will be out, we'll be just fine with going with the flow as there's a lot of humans with unknown alignments and victory conditions and sorting that out will not be for us. We can confirm abilities, but not alignments.

I do find it curious how bad one can mess up when they start with one little lie and how one contradiction stems after the other.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:33 pm

new guy1"]Nothing to back what up? If you skimmed over ghostly's post showing where you said you "were rolefishing, deal with it" and then you sad you "werent role fishing", then you legitimately are skimming, and ghostly was right, because that was one long ass post.[/quote]

When did I say role fishing? I said fishing.

[quote="new guy1 wrote:
I will say that ghost had a right to be mad, as I too see that the case started with vodean's posting of his WC with nothing to back it up.

This is what I meant. He had something to back it up. There are half a dozen of us who know that we all have the power to reveal a win condition. It's already been discussed in the game too. I didn't skim ghostly's post. All he did was repost what I wrote. A case which he never bothered defending against.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jak111 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Another contradiction. Nice one spiesr.

^ This is an obvious skimmer.

jak111 wrote:Fasposted twice. SO you contradict yourself.. One quote says Elder God other says Great Old One.. Get you claim right scum.

Fasposted by Rodion, I think we nailed him fake claiming.

Me and others have pointed out his changing of stories.

As far as your claim goes Ghostly, well, you seem to have admitted to being the enemy. So good game, though busting Rishaed like that with you isn't cool bud.

and for all the shit talking being talked about I'd like to think I'm keeping my cool in this game (well since it's an official game, I gotta act official) 8-) But deep down inside, I really wish to call people out on their fake claims >.< But I got my cool in check this game and that was a low blow Doom putting my name on that small list of people, I'd like to think I can be civil when I don't need to be blunt with people.

But Ghostly, if you pop Elder Thing, there's two things I must know 1.) Why gamethrow bud? You could have pulled off a fake claim like Elder God is different or something. 2.) ARE YOU THE MAFIA?

and my third question is to everyone. Is Elder God and Elder Thing the same thing???

Also, if Ghostly pops Elder Thing and they are indeed our enemy, Vodean earned some cred with this find.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Rodion wrote:
vodean wrote:actually, what makes more sense is that rishaed asked about me. that is what changes people's sanity, according to my role PM.

/ worded it ambiguously, but he already confirmed me the insanity applies to the asker.

Was the question you asked the 3rd out of a list of 5?

I got no N2 info from Yog-Sothoth that punished me with D3 insanity/PR.

I've never said I was Yoshi-human.

Rodion, these 3 posts don't work together. Either the first two statements are accurate, or the last one is, or you are part of Commander's faction.

Which is it?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:42 pm

jak111 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Another contradiction. Nice one spiesr.

^ This is an obvious skimmer.

jak111 wrote:Fasposted twice. SO you contradict yourself.. One quote says Elder God other says Great Old One.. Get you claim right scum.

Fasposted by Rodion, I think we nailed him fake claiming.

Me and others have pointed out his changing of stories.

and for all the shit talking being talked about I'd like to think I'm keeping my cool in this game (well since it's an official game, I gotta act official) 8-) But deep down inside, I really wish to call people out on their fake claims >.< But I got my cool in check this game and that was a low blow Doom putting my name on that small list of people, I'd like to think I can be civil when I don't need to be blunt with people.

That's not the contradiction I was talking about. I was the first one to point out that contradiction on Day 3. This is why you are on my short list. You don't pay attention.

The NEW contradiction I was talking about was:

spiesr wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor.
Also, doesn't the part about "alone" not make much sense when paired with all that stuff you said about your followers yesterday? You can't be alone and also a member of a faction like that, can you?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:43 pm

EBWOP:

me wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Nothing to back what up? If you skimmed over ghostly's post showing where you said you "were rolefishing, deal with it" and then you sad you "werent role fishing", then you legitimately are skimming, and ghostly was right, because that was one long ass post.

When did I say role fishing? I said fishing.

new guy1 wrote:I will say that ghost had a right to be mad, as I too see that the case started with vodean's posting of his WC with nothing to back it up.

This is what I meant. He had something to back it up. There are half a dozen of us who know that we all have the power to reveal a win condition. It's already been discussed in the game too. I didn't skim ghostly's post. All he did was repost what I wrote. A case which he never bothered defending against.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pancakemix on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:44 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Rodion wrote:
vodean wrote:actually, what makes more sense is that rishaed asked about me. that is what changes people's sanity, according to my role PM.

/ worded it ambiguously, but he already confirmed me the insanity applies to the asker.

Was the question you asked the 3rd out of a list of 5?

I got no N2 info from Yog-Sothoth that punished me with D3 insanity/PR.

I've never said I was Yoshi-human.

Rodion, these 3 posts don't work together. Either the first two statements are accurate, or the last one is, or you are part of Commander's faction.

Which is it?

They can work together if he asks about a mechanic that wouldn't apply to him or doesn't use said mechanic.

He cannot be part of Commander's group because he was a captive mind.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Actually, rodion, scratch the second of 2 quotes. I missed the "no" part.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jak111 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Either way, with Ghostly's contradictions I believe is what exposed him recently. Though that does not answer my question on the difference between Elder Gods and Elder Things.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives