Conquer Club

Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
55%
2 Week Day
10%
10 Day Day
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [13/13] Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Vote Count

gregwolf121 (4) - edoc, Iron Butterfly, ghostly, new guy L-3
edoc (3) - betiko, vodean, anon.
soundman (1) - Nendreel
betiko (1) - jonty125

Not Voting - , NoSurvivors, gregwolf121, Kanin, pancakemix, soundman

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (or a majority at deadline).
Deadline is Tonight at Midnight (EST).

5 players without a vote.
This means 9 players agree to have gregwolf121 lynched tonight.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

We have around 5 hours left guys. Since greg is on the spot, you should probably claim.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:Yes, I would suggest giving a very good reason to not A)Let an auto-lynch decide between you and edoc or B)be lynched.
With that being said, since majority is lynched at the end of the game day, and NL is not an option, I think people should change their vote to ten-day days so we can have as much time as possible on D2 and D3.

Fp'd by ghostly.
I've been here, watching. There hasn't been a case on either you or edoc to justify my direct vote (to me at least.) Majority is going to decide either way, so my vote will be with what the majority wants.

Fp'd again by new guy

Thats a cop out. While it is stated that not voting is akin to voting for the one with the most votes, it does not make sense. SOMEONE has to get lynched. There is no escape from that. I would be the first to say there is no "strong" evidence, we need to strt some where. You need to make a choice and be willing to stand by it on who goes.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:09 pm

I notice that the voting has switched to 10-day days. Just a reminder: that will start with the Next Day Phase.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 am

Procrastination. The enemy of time. Our party frittered away most of the time they had today. Some read a book of Lovecraft lying around. Some tryed to figure out which Angel was the most beautiful. Some played board games. One even became announced overlord of the realm!

As the sun began to set, one person flipped a table. "I hate this game, it's not even RISK anymore" he snarled. "Now let's get down to the nasty business. We might as well eliminate the weakest among us."

Quickly the crowd turned against him. Before too long the cheerful mood turned to vitriol. I have an idea somebody exclaimed. The whole problem is that we are still wearing morning suits, but it is already evening. Everyone retired for a quick bit to change.

Except one person, who was napping peacefully on a couch when they returned to the common room. They woke him up. "Hey guys, I'm still playing" he said while quickly rolling over again.

His fate was decided as they cast him off the balcony down into the valley below.

Night 5, Mafia Vote Disabler (Gregwolf121) has been lynched.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Day 6 dawned, the party looked around at each other. The dress code was abandoned, there was death everyone. Everyone wanted to escape this nightmare that had gone on too long. If only they could kill the last of their enemies, all we would be well. Red-eyed and frantic, they began what might be their last day left on earth.

Day 6 Begin
Deadline is Next Sunday.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 am

oops, meant to post before deadline
ah well go mafia
Captain gregwolf121

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:47 am

Clarification: it's actually daytime. With a 10 day deadline. You can post in thread.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 am

... Wat?

Day six? Oh shit. This game got real confusing real fast. When it said time warp, I didn't think literally...
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby edocsil on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:39 am

Well. WTF. I really wish we had a night to let things cool off if nothing else, but who can complain about one dead scum and no dead townies.

I think it is safe to say we will be faced with double nights as well.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:53 am

sorry went to sleep yesterday and didn't see how it ended.
why aren't you giving the vote count this time doom?? we are at lylo. also i wonder who has been killed night 1,2,3,4,5 and lynched day 2,3,4,5.
other thing: why do we all have day/night names? I assume night names are all mafia and day are all town?

good catch iron! you spotted him first. my second game with gregwolf and i have to say he is exactly in his meta.. posting very little and avoiding at all cost to add any substance and personal opinions. I haven't rechecked arkham in a while, I know he was in trouble at some point would be curious to know if he was mafia there as well.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:55 am

my question about the day name is regarding the votes, do you think we might become double voter when it's our day?
vodean, are you day 1?
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:35 am

It looks like what happens is when someone dies we go the the phase after their death. GW was Night 5, so we warp to Day 6 when he died.
I don't think we're actually at LYLO, it's just a name since Day 6 in this small a game would most likely be a LYLO situation and Doom seems to want to give appropriate names for his phases.

Unfortunately with no night phase it's pretty much Day 1 all over again.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 am

The no night thing is going to get confusing.

betiko wrote:my question about the day name is regarding the votes, do you think we might become double voter when it's our day?
vodean, are you day 1?

How have you got vode as the double voter?? It could easily be IB or ghostly
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 am

Nendreel wrote:It looks like what happens is when someone dies we go the the phase after their death. GW was Night 5, so we warp to Day 6 when he died.
I don't think we're actually at LYLO, it's just a name since Day 6 in this small a game would most likely be a LYLO situation and Doom seems to want to give appropriate names for his phases.

seems legit, i like that theory. Although it would mean that if we misslynche we get 2 nights back to back?
Pretty much day 1 all over again no, since we lost no townie at night and we killed a scum during the day phase. Are you going to complain about it?
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 am

jonty125 wrote:The no night thing is going to get confusing.

betiko wrote:my question about the day name is regarding the votes, do you think we might become double voter when it's our day?
vodean, are you day 1?

do you even understand my question to vodean? I was wondering if something special happens when it's your day such as double voting. Since I'm not day 1 and vodean was the last one left with a vote on edoc except for the anonymous vote, I'm asking him if he is day 1.
Anyway now that I think about it it would be way too unballanced and people could prove too easily they are town if it worked.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 am

Vote Count

Not voting (12)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is November 25th.

With 12 not voting, this means that 12 players agree to a random lynch.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:59 am

betiko wrote:why aren't you giving the vote count this time doom?

Accelerated start is only for day 1.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Nendreel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:30 am

betiko wrote:
Nendreel wrote:It looks like what happens is when someone dies we go the the phase after their death. GW was Night 5, so we warp to Day 6 when he died.

seems legit, i like that theory. Although it would mean that if we misslynche we get 2 nights back to back?

It wouldn't neccessarily be tied to a mislynch, just what role that person has. If we lynch a Day we go into Night, depending on who dies during that Night determines what phase we go into next. As we see, we lynch a Night and we got into another Day phase.

betiko wrote:Pretty much day 1 all over again no, since we lost no townie at night and we killed a scum during the day phase. Are you going to complain about it?

That seems a strange interpretation of what I said. With no night phase we don't have any reports to work off of, so once again our scumhunting efforts will pretty much be a crapshoot. I doubt we'll be so lucky to catch another one scummarining.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:10 pm

betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:The no night thing is going to get confusing.

vodean, are you day 1?

do you even understand my question to vodean? I was wondering if something special happens when it's your day such as double voting. Since I'm not day 1 and vodean was the last one left with a vote on edoc except for the anonymous vote, I'm asking him if he is day 1.
Anyway now that I think about it it would be way too unballanced and people could prove too easily they are town if it worked.

Yes, I thought your logic of vode been D1 was that he had been given a double vote and his name was next to the anon. vote on the VC.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:

It wouldn't neccessarily be tied to a mislynch, just what role that person has. If we lynch a Day we go into Night, depending on who dies during that Night determines what phase we go into next. As we see, we lynch a Night and we got into another Day phase.

betiko wrote:Pretty much day 1 all over again no, since we lost no townie at night and we killed a scum during the day phase. Are you going to complain about it?

That seems a strange interpretation of what I said. With no night phase we don't have any reports to work off of, so once again our scumhunting efforts will pretty much be a crapshoot. I doubt we'll be so lucky to catch another one scummarining.

you're not considering my theory: town=day scum=night according to me. So hitting days back to back is the best thing that can happen to us if it's the case. we don't get any reports anyway on a day 2 unless we pressure the wrong person or unless we have the power ourselves.
We can still look at day 1 a lot differently.
We know that gregwolf could disable votes I guess wewould've noticed it but i'd like t recheck, also whe know that for some reason someone votes anonymously either through double voting, or more probably sending PMs to doom. Maybe that voter was one of the officially "not voting" guys?...
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:36 pm

betiko wrote: you're not considering my theory: town=day scum=night according to me. So hitting days back to back is the best thing that can happen to us if it's the case. we don't get any reports anyway on a day 2 unless we pressure the wrong person or unless we have the power ourselves.
We know that gregwolf could disable votes I guess wewould've noticed it but i'd like t recheck, also whe know that for some reason someone votes anonymously either through double voting, or more probably sending PMs to doom. Maybe that voter was one of the officially "not voting" guys?...

day=town, night=scum wouldn't work too well. If we ever mislynched that would pretty much be an auto-win for scum. I'm quite sure that town and scum are made up of night and day roles.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote: you're not considering my theory: town=day scum=night according to me. So hitting days back to back is the best thing that can happen to us if it's the case. we don't get any reports anyway on a day 2 unless we pressure the wrong person or unless we have the power ourselves.

day=town, night=scum wouldn't work too well. If we ever mislynched that would pretty much be an auto-win for scum. I'm quite sure that town and scum are made up of night and day roles.

Yes, but now that one mafia has turned up as night, no one will be willing to say that they are a night for fear of being lumped in with mafia and lynched. Or, maybe more precisely, if someone claimed to be night, they'd be a good case for us to look at.

I'm a day, if anyone is curious.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 pm

For the sake of balance you can only have so many mafia. perhaps there may even be a third party.

On the surface it seems that because Gregwulf was Night 5 mafia the game mechanics put us in day 6. If we miss lynch and go into night I do not believe that we would have an endless night/back to back nights. First mafia knows each other so whomever they target it would most likely be a day, unless we have a third faction/party in game.

The point is I do not believe the day night cycle is determined by who we kill. Could I be wrong about that? Sure but the numbers don't add up.

I do strongly suspect that the primary focus of the game will be in the day and that it revolves around vote manipulation.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jonty125 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:Yes, but now that one mafia has turned up as night, no one will be willing to say that they are a night for fear of being lumped in with mafia and lynched. Or, maybe more precisely, if someone claimed to be night, they'd be a good case for us to look at.

I'm a day, if anyone is curious.

Well if you're a town night, then fakenaming is not going to help the credibility of your claim is it? And like others have pointed out it would been unbalanced if only mafia were nights.
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 pm

It's probably unwise to be character claiming. If it's known that you're a day, then you've either just painted a target on yourself or you're WIFOMing, which is a scum game. Either way, totally useless and highly dangerous.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives