Conquer Club

Fog suggestion - Disable Chat

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Fog Game - Disable Chat

Yes - no free intel!
No votes
No - It's still a strategy game, and my strategy includes sharing Intel for my needs
100%

Total votes : 11

Fog suggestion - Disable Chat

Postby Shai on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:46 pm

Concise Description:
  • Fog suggestion - Disable Chat

Specifics:
  • Simple, no one knows if Intel in fog is fair (Telling others whats going on) - One easy way to draw the line would be Disabling The chat - that way someone would have to cheat by PM'ing, and no one would accidently slip any info to the other players...
    Chats like " Sorry for attacking Siam", "WOW XXX, your troops on brazil are warriors" etc. would be a thing of the past...

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • It would eliminate intel in fog games, and keep them more true to their original nature - you rely on what you can see , not what others tell you
  • It would eliminate people misleading others (I do that a lot in fog games...) - I think thats a a disadvantage...

Well, let's hear your opinion...
Why Search?
http://WWW.allmyfaves.com

Gooooooo Wizards!
Lieutenant Shai

Re: Fog suggestion - Disable Chat

Postby Incandenza on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:53 am

Couldn't disagree more. People all need to reach their own conclusions on how to play fog games and how (and whether to) leak information. A blanket disabling of game chat is a huge negative overreaction.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby BaldAdonis on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:13 am

Maybe bundle it with a hidden game log and call it "Dark Ages" style. No communication, no seeing anything you're not adjacent to, and no seeing reinforcement size or number of attacks. It'd be like waging a war from a cave.... to a series of other caves.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby yeti_c on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:10 am

Incandenza wrote:Couldn't disagree more. People all need to reach their own conclusions on how to play fog games and how (and whether to) leak information. A blanket disabling of game chat is a huge negative overreaction.

Agreed - remember disinformation is also king - It's why I still eat carrots.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby targetman377 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:01 pm

i would not agree with that all people should be able to talk to all other players i still think that they should not tell everthing about everybodies moves but if they do then i would give them 1 across the board
Sergeant targetman377

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Question:

Are you also suggesting disabling the game log? I personally get much more info from that than the chat.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby Kotaro on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Perhaps if you gave people the option of disabling chat, i.e. make it a game setting (Chat: Yes // No), then this would be fine. Also, it wouldn't just be for Fog games, but for all.

I personally hate playing a game and, when I start to win or the dice screw someone in a major way, they start shouting obscenities and saying that I'm an ass just because I'm winning. Giving me the option to not have to talk with them (until the game is over? just for a gg) would make life better.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby cicero on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Let's keep this on topic to the suggestion please: The suggestion is that chat is disabled when Fog of War setting is used.

My own opinion is that the nature of war and the Fog of War which this setting simulates is that information is hard to get and can be unreliable at best. Using chat to create this effect in a Fog of War game is utterly appropriate to the setting. Chat should remain enabled during Fog of War games!
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby caribbean soul on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:23 pm

i like it
Major caribbean soul

Postby 2dimes on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:56 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Incandenza wrote:Couldn't disagree more. People all need to reach their own conclusions on how to play fog games and how (and whether to) leak information. A blanket disabling of game chat is a huge negative overreaction.

Agreed - remember disinformation is also king - It's why I still eat carrots.

C.
What Yeti said. Hate the fog.
Corporal 2dimes

Return to Archived Suggestions