Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
11
55%
2 Week Day
2
10%
10 Day Day
5
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby vodean on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 pm

I am D1. therefore i support the theory that on your day you get to double-vote. i also disagree that only mafia are nights. think about it. if we mislynch, then the mafia kill a townie (day), moving us into another night phase where the mafia kill another day. and so on and so forth. that would only be survivable if town was seriously OP, or if there were a large number of competing scum factions, which would screw town over. so there must be night-townies.
Image
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
User avatar
Sergeant vodean
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:37 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby new guy1 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm

I feel like there are some townies with night roles, just a gut feeling. Vodean is soft claiming he had the double vote yesterday, so that means whoever has day six must also have a double vote (going by that logic). I dont believe there are multiple mafia factions as then town would just have the shit end of the stick and plus if that were true then when each of the mafia killed someone there would be multiple days killed and therefore doom would have to pick between the days and stuff. FOS Kanin for the WIFOM.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Okay, well with no night we arent at a complete loss. At least mafia didnt get a kill..

I will say though that I am assuming the title is LYLO due to if it were actually Day 6, there would be a VERY strong chance that it was lylo in a real game (with an average of 1 kill a day, 1 kill a night and averaged in, a NL and a blocked kill, however you wanna figure the math).

I am going to say that there wont be 2 factions of mafia. I can say this with 90% certainty becuase if there were, the town would only have PR's and I will go ahead and say I am not a very useful role, so the odds of town being torn to shreads by 2 factions is minimal.

One more thing I will throw out there is that since there was no night, there may be a kill during the day. It woudlnt surprise me in the least.
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 pm

vodean wrote:I am D1. therefore i support the theory that on your day you get to double-vote. i also disagree that only mafia are nights. think about it. if we mislynch, then the mafia kill a townie (day), moving us into another night phase where the mafia kill another day. and so on and so forth. that would only be survivable if town was seriously OP, or if there were a large number of competing scum factions, which would screw town over. so there must be night-townies.


So you were the anon on Edocsil?
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Page Grab.
show
User avatar
Captain DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 4257
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Vote Count

Not voting (12)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is November 25th.

With 12 not voting, this means that 12 players agree to a random lynch.
show
User avatar
Captain DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 4257
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby betiko on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
vodean wrote:I am D1. therefore i support the theory that on your day you get to double-vote. i also disagree that only mafia are nights. think about it. if we mislynch, then the mafia kill a townie (day), moving us into another night phase where the mafia kill another day. and so on and so forth. that would only be survivable if town was seriously OP, or if there were a large number of competing scum factions, which would screw town over. so there must be night-townies.


So you were the anon on Edocsil?


I think that he doesn't know, it just supports my theory. we'll see, I guess if we see another anon out there today it might be because the person is day 6. I think there is probably something on your own day, otherwise it would be strange to have such nameclaims..
Anyway, regarding my other theory you guys are right, it's dumb, that would give mafia a huge killing combo (unless in doom's rules there can't be more than 2 nights back to back for example...) I don't agree with ghostly though, I don't think that 3rd party are impossible.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5815
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Maybe its only the lynches that move us past that particular time period? As in, you lynch day 3, you get night 4. You lynch night 5, you get day 6. But if day 3 is killed at night, then it just naturally moves to the next day. That would be one way to balance it, and also punish town for bad lynches.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:04 am

Well this confuses the hell out of me, but I do like the idea of lynch night get day lynch day get night, but I agree with Kanin, that it only applies for days. Another problem with that is what would 3rd party be if there are any (if mafia=night town=day)?
User avatar
Lieutenant NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby jonty125 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:06 am

NoSurvivors wrote:(if mafia=night town=day)?


Hold the phone here, with 13 players, there would be 3 mafia, roughly. So, do you really think we have someone called Day 10!!
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:16 am

jonty125 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:(if mafia=night town=day)?


Hold the phone here, with 13 players, there would be 3 mafia, roughly. So, do you really think we have someone called Day 10!!


Yet another problem with it.. Lol. Just trying to pull more evidence that it can't be right. (Sorry betiko)
User avatar
Lieutenant NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby edocsil on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:41 am

jonty125 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:(if mafia=night town=day)?


Hold the phone here, with 13 players, there would be 3 mafia, roughly. So, do you really think we have someone called Day 10!!


Sure? Why not? A lot of this flavor spec is wasted time, who cares, talk about it once it matters. 7 days till lynch, and we need better discussion.

With Thanksgiving coming up it may be better to push the deadline to the 27th, or so. I for one can't be very active, and I guess most the other Americans are in the same boat.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [13/13] Day One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 am

new guy1 wrote:Hey vodean. If you read, I'm only voting so that if we decide the case on edocsil is not a good one then we can turn the wagon to someone whom he believes to be scummy.


Vote New Guy1

We can sit around and talk about night and day till the cows come home. The only way we will know is after someone is lynched. Once again it is an inevitability. Seeing how we have no night actions to base cases on we once again have nothing concrete except post history.

I found New Guys behavior rather odd, at least in my book. I have played mafia baddies before and if there is one surefire way to gain Town cred it is by defending someone you know is Town and about to die. For a moment it really looked like Edocsil was going to get lynched. Newguy one really went the extra mile to prove he did not believe in Edocsils lynch.

Its one thing to not agree with a case, which is fine BUT to go to the lengths that New Guy did to, for lack of a better word( Suck up) to him, was suspicious. If you read back through the posts you'll see what I mean. I quoted the above statement because I found it stupid that New Guy was basically saying, "We can turn the wagon on someone whom Edocsil finds Scummy". Why would he word it like that?. Why would he not post his own case or suggest his own ideas whom he believes is scum? He after all has the same information we all have to decide a case.

If edocscil was lynched and flipped Town...well who would look like the good guy Townie with the most Town cred? Now I will admit that this is some what WIFOM but it really seems like he went over the top in trying to help, especially with the proxy voting.

What also struck me is in how with 5 hours to claim he was nudging Gregwolf to claim, which was obvious. It seemed like a fellow mafia, saying..."Dude claim...you need to make something up..anything"

Which leads me to goals. Granted I could be wrong with the WIFOM BUT I do find his behavior was a bit over the top. We have nothing else to go on and I guarantee that mafia will be content to lay low. With plenty of time we may get the discussion strted early instead of a few days before deadline.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby new guy1 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:58 pm

Well, you are wrong, but I understand we dont have much to go on today, as it is pretty much another day 1 (besides the lynch part). If you were to not take your quote out of context, I did not believe edoc to be scummy even though he was amounting a large group of votes on himself. He softclaimed being a town powerrole, and that is why I decided to put my vote where he thought it was needed, because the way he worded it, I did not think there was a way to get enough votes off of him and on to the scummiest person in 24 hours. Therefore, wherever he was going to put his vote, I thought it would be better for day 1 to put my vote in the same place. He was soft claiming a power role, and I would rather not kill a power role on day one. That is why I was going to cluster my vote with his, because it would possibly save him. Now obviously IDK if he is a power role for real, but I thought that was information I should find out another day instead of lynching him because he would not claim. Now IDK where I was sucking up to him (and I understand that you could not find a better word for it), as I even said "not to suck up" or something like that in my second post "defending" (for lack of a better word) him. It was a double post, and I wanted to make it clear. I was not trying to gain town cred as I dont need it, and I nudged Gregwolf into a claim because it was his last chance of living while we gained information elsewhere. I have never seen a game that getting someone to claim (after we pressured him) was scummy. I mean really?
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:00 pm

new guy1 wrote:Well, you are wrong, but I understand we dont have much to go on today, as it is pretty much another day 1 (besides the lynch part). If you were to not take your quote out of context, I did not believe edoc to be scummy even though he was amounting a large group of votes on himself. He softclaimed being a town powerrole, and that is why I decided to put my vote where he thought it was needed, because the way he worded it, I did not think there was a way to get enough votes off of him and on to the scummiest person in 24 hours. Therefore, wherever he was going to put his vote, I thought it would be better for day 1 to put my vote in the same place. He was soft claiming a power role, and I would rather not kill a power role on day one. That is why I was going to cluster my vote with his, because it would possibly save him. Now obviously IDK if he is a power role for real, but I thought that was information I should find out another day instead of lynching him because he would not claim. Now IDK where I was sucking up to him (and I understand that you could not find a better word for it), as I even said "not to suck up" or something like that in my second post "defending" (for lack of a better word) him. It was a double post, and I wanted to make it clear. I was not trying to gain town cred as I dont need it, and I nudged Gregwolf into a claim because it was his last chance of living while we gained information elsewhere. I have never seen a game that getting someone to claim (after we pressured him) was scummy. I mean really?


Really.

I suspect that we have no fake claims in this game. It is a possibility Greg may have been stumped as to what to say as he had nowhere to go.

I stated that my theory on you is WIFOM however even before Edocsil soft claimed you were defending him strongly.

What caught my eye is that instead of forming your own ideas and case you relied on his ideas. You were following his ideas instead of creating your own.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby new guy1 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I suspect we have no fake claims as well, but how are we supposed to know who is good and who is bad? There is no need for fake claims, just that they say "day/night whatever, VT". I may have defended him, but I dont remember doing it to a large extent, though Ill go back and read for myself. I did not have any ideas, and after he softclaimed a PR I wanted to get votes off of him, and so I decided I would follow his opinion for the sake of not lynching a PR because I did not have anything to go on... I wouldnt normally follow someone else's case, but since I didnt have a better case I figured if he had something to go on then I would trust him for the time being.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:44 pm

hum well, I have to say I did find ng1 somewhat strange this game for similar reasons. we don't have much to go with today and I'm fine bandwagoning on that. after all, iron nailed it yesterday.

vote newguy1
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5815
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:16 pm

betiko wrote:hum well, I have to say I did find ng1 somewhat strange this game for similar reasons. we don't have much to go with today and I'm fine bandwagoning on that. after all, iron nailed it yesterday.

vote newguy1


Yes.. Iron DID nail it yesterday.. Could it be a twisted scheme to try and their us way off course? I mean what better disguise than to throw his scum buddy under the bus trying to get NG1 lynched. NG has made good defence and I do think he was right to defend edoc.

Anyhow FOS IB
User avatar
Lieutenant NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Sorry for my double post but that last one was really horrible in describing after reading it lol.

IB could have thrown his scum buddy under the bus "sucking up" to town as the hero from yesterday. That was the gist of my weirdly worded post lol.
User avatar
Lieutenant NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby new guy1 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:35 pm

betiko wrote:hum well, I have to say I did find ng1 somewhat strange this game for similar reasons. we don't have much to go with today and I'm fine bandwagoning on that. after all, iron nailed it yesterday.

vote newguy1


1) I defended, gave a reason all that junk.
2) Open admittance to bandwagoning? Great job, because thats not scummy at all. I would say that the innocent should defend themselves instead of attacking others, but I feel that I HAVE proven my innocence (considering all edocsil needed to do was claim a power role and he was off), and so, not to OMGUS, but vote betiko for 1) Admitting to bandwagoning and 2) making it a relatively bad case anyways. I have already given my defense, and I feel it should be accepted, considering I openly came out and said thats what I was going to do while the rest of you followed someone else's vote, pretty much blindly, doing the same thing I did pretty much. Sorry, Im in a rush so if the last couple sentences dont make sense, thats why.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Vote Count


New guy (1) - betiko
Betiko (1) - new guy

Not voting (4)

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Deadline is November 26th.


Deadline extended one day for thanksgiving.
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
show
User avatar
Captain DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 4257
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:16 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Sorry for my double post but that last one was really horrible in describing after reading it lol.

IB could have thrown his scum buddy under the bus "sucking up" to town as the hero from yesterday. That was the gist of my weirdly worded post lol.


HAH! I was wondering when and if someone would say this. Use a little common sense. Edocsil was almost toast. If I am mafia and Gregwolf was mafia there would be no reason to throw Greg under the bus the first day. The only benefit would be "Town Cred". All it would take would be a cop investigation or other investigation role to throw that all out the window at the expense of a team member day one.

It would be a pretty stupid move If you think about it.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [13/13] Day One

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:28 pm

oh well newguy, I guess you won't let me be lazy and you want me to do a propper post to say why I thought you acted wierd this game. Ok then, let's go post per post.


new guy1 wrote:Vote ghostly just because my vote isnt on anyone and I havent joke voted anyone :)...

just a joke vote, on your twin brother so you take the minimum risk.

new guy1 wrote:
soundman wrote:Unvote. Well no one has done anything suspicious yet so that leaves us with a random lynch. It's looking like Vodean is going to be the target at this point. I say if he has an important role then he should claim.


Well if you want to do a random lynch, then why dont you look at Edocsil's alternative? He posted right above you suggesting vodean/betiko and you seem to be settled for just random lynching vodean. Since from past experience vodean wont claim and will likely take the lynch, I would rather look into betiko because if we discover he is a PR or something then we can always gather enough pressure to lynch vodean in the end. This is a relatively silent game, so I guess it needs to start somewhere, vote soundman for being content with a random lynch.

on this one I have to agree with you, soundman said something strange and deserved a vote

new guy1 wrote:Betiko, was that a joke vote, or a legit vote?

was in between, but already answered

new guy1 wrote:I understand, but being a smart ass isnt a crime either.

so?

new guy1 wrote:Sorry for the double post, its not that Im defending him, I just dont see much there.

why do you need to justify yourself like that? you are double posting and overjustifying...

new guy1 wrote:I wouldnt say he's finding out, because he knew nobody wanted to do it so he must have predicted it was a possibility. Im not voting for edoc as I know (and you probably can tell from my past meta) I say dumb shit on day one and get more shit for it, so I can understand that he was trying to get the game moving and it ended badly because of his wording. Therefore, I will just keep my vote where it is. I do agree with ghost however that he did go completely 180 on the meta of Betiko, but at this point it seems he will get lynched with or without my vote.

talking about edoc's case. fair enough.

new guy1 wrote:Very nice eyes, I completely looked over it, Im guessing a double voter.

neendrel sees a double voter.

new guy1 wrote:Well, give me the player you think is scum, and since Im not going for your case, I will put my vote on them. That way, if town decides to lynch you, no harm no foul. If we decide we will pursue him, it's one less vote that you must gather to turn it around.

you are basically proposing edoc to bandwagon on any case he proposes, whoever it is. You are now OMGUSing me for putting vote number 2 on your ass to get things moving?

new guy1 wrote:I will vote IB like I said I would.

so edoc tells you IB and doesn't vote, you jump on it.

new guy1 wrote:Hey vodean. If you read, I'm only voting so that if we decide the case on edocsil is not a good one then we can turn the wagon to someone whom he believes to be scummy.

fair enough, but if edoc is scum he could point out a fellow scum to gain brownie points.

new guy1 wrote:Ill move my vote to gregwolf, as he hasnt added anything and I would rather give edoc a 50% in exchange for an inactive player. Unvote, vote gregwolf

fastposted.

you are vote number 4

new guy1 wrote:Does this mean you are in the same boat as edocsil, not giving information? I understand that theres not alot on you, but what do you expect day one cases to be made of? The scummiest thing that we can catch anyone on is either somewhere where the scum slips or inactivity.

fair enough

new guy1 wrote:Last post was on page 6, you made no post of substance (before being voted you posted confirmation, zombies!!!!, and a post about vodean being at l4 or something), therefore you did not even add in on the conversation while kanin at least was here, posting, and trying to find a case. You sat in the bleachers.

ok

new guy1 wrote:We have around 5 hours left guys. Since greg is on the spot, you should probably claim.

ok

new guy1 wrote:I feel like there are some townies with night roles, just a gut feeling. Vodean is soft claiming he had the double vote yesterday, so that means whoever has day six must also have a double vote (going by that logic). I dont believe there are multiple mafia factions as then town would just have the shit end of the stick and plus if that were true then when each of the mafia killed someone there would be multiple days killed and therefore doom would have to pick between the days and stuff. FOS Kanin for the WIFOM.

first phrase is more than obvious. I don't understand you logic for the rest about 3rdparty impossible and i disagree.

new guy1 wrote:Well, you are wrong, but I understand we dont have much to go on today, as it is pretty much another day 1 (besides the lynch part). If you were to not take your quote out of context, I did not believe edoc to be scummy even though he was amounting a large group of votes on himself. He softclaimed being a town powerrole, and that is why I decided to put my vote where he thought it was needed, because the way he worded it, I did not think there was a way to get enough votes off of him and on to the scummiest person in 24 hours. Therefore, wherever he was going to put his vote, I thought it would be better for day 1 to put my vote in the same place. He was soft claiming a power role, and I would rather not kill a power role on day one. That is why I was going to cluster my vote with his, because it would possibly save him. Now obviously IDK if he is a power role for real, but I thought that was information I should find out another day instead of lynching him because he would not claim. Now IDK where I was sucking up to him (and I understand that you could not find a better word for it), as I even said "not to suck up" or something like that in my second post "defending" (for lack of a better word) him. It was a double post, and I wanted to make it clear. I was not trying to gain town cred as I dont need it, and I nudged Gregwolf into a claim because it was his last chance of living while we gained information elsewhere. I have never seen a game that getting someone to claim (after we pressured him) was scummy. I mean really?



Ok you know what, after re-reading all your posts I realize I quite agree with all your plays, I guess I had other impressions before looking at it in details. therefore, unvote

Secondly about IB. I have to say I did think of it. Edoc brings IB as an alternative, NG1 follows to counterballance the votes on edoc, and before this goes further, IB decides to change his strategy... 20 minutes after answering edoc, he searches an alternative and goes for the less active, which is gregwolf. It could be a great mafia play, but I don't know. I don't like to be a whistleblower, but 3 minutes after posting the case about gregwolf, he sent me a PM to tell me "check the game". Why to me? and we are not masoned. there was 24H left, no emergency. Any other received the same PM, vodean? my first thought when I opened the PM before updating myself to the game was that edoc was in trouble and there were good evidence about him being the PR he softclaimed and I had to remove my vote immediately but no.

so IB, please tell me why you felt the urge to send me this PM.

fastposted by IB
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5815
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 pm

First I have no excuses. I saw you posted in Lovecraft and wanted you to look at the game. You did the same thing to me another game by messaging on my wall so I felt you would understand the urgency. I have never done this in any game ever. If the mod wishes to mod kill me so be it.

EVERY THING about my case on Edocsil and Greg is posted. It is what it is. I pressured Edicsil for a claim, he resisted. At the end I belled Edoc was Town. I did not even know Greg wolf was in game till I went through the list one last time after making my last post about Edoc.

there is a strong chance i will be mod killed because of this so I need to get info to Town if that is the case.

I am Day 6. I am Town. My role is Double Voter. I did NOT vote Edoc with my secrete vote.

I did imply that this game will be determined by votes during the day. So far we have three vote manipulators. Myself, Greg and whoever double voted edoc.

I do not have the ability to triple vote because it is day 6. LOL that thought did cross my mind when Vodean soft claimed.

I wanted to get this info out in case i am mod killed. The good news is that even if I die its only day two and while having a double vote in this game can be damaging it by no means guarantee's I am targeting Town.

Betiko LOL I never considered you may be mafia when I tried to get you to look at the game......weeeeeeeeeeeee whatever.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby betiko on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:First I have no excuses. I saw you posted in Lovecraft and wanted you to look at the game. You did the same thing to me another game by messaging on my wall so I felt you would understand the urgency. I have never done this in any game ever. If the mod wishes to mod kill me so be it.

EVERY THING about my case on Edocsil and Greg is posted. It is what it is. I pressured Edicsil for a claim, he resisted. At the end I belled Edoc was Town. I did not even know Greg wolf was in game till I went through the list one last time after making my last post about Edoc.

there is a strong chance i will be mod killed because of this so I need to get info to Town if that is the case.

I am Day 6. I am Town. My role is Double Voter. I did NOT vote Edoc with my secrete vote.

I did imply that this game will be determined by votes during the day. So far we have three vote manipulators. Myself, Greg and whoever double voted edoc.

I do not have the ability to triple vote because it is day 6. LOL that thought did cross my mind when Vodean soft claimed.

I wanted to get this info out in case i am mod killed. The good news is that even if I die its only day two and while having a double vote in this game can be damaging it by no means guarantee's I am targeting Town.

Betiko LOL I never considered you may be mafia when I tried to get you to look at the game......weeeeeeeeeeeee whatever.


yup and that game was modded by doom too. not sure you deserve a mod kill for that. I was just surprised and checked the timings.
Yes, I did it to you as well, but there was a real emergency; it was lylo and you were the second town to vote for me so the scum only had to come in and vote for me to win, i really needed you to read the thread and check my defense before trinicardinal jumped in.. shouldn't've done it either and you didn't believe me that time anyway.
Anyway, moving on, I don't know how double voting works, I thought that when a double voter votes it counts double automatically and would say "anonymous". do you have to pm the mod and say where your second vote goes? did you ask doom if your vote could count triple or you assume it can't? If vodean had a double vote on day 1 would it be possible that the second vote went where his first vote was automatically?

the good thing with no night is that mafia didn't get the chance to speak to each other yet, and if they both (assuming they started being 3) can't coordinate shit yet.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5815
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login