Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:@crazy did you track me or lsu?

ill wait a few hours for your response if none, well ill have to claim.
I demand that you claim before he answers that. That bit of info should remain unknown to potentially screw up you fake claiming if you guess wrong. Claim now please.
Captain spiesr

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:38 pm

@crazy you don't need to respond to that question, i just answered it with a more careful readthrough of my role
claim forthwith

fastposted by spiesr
Captain gregwolf121

Postby gregwolf121 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 pm

alright i am catwoman, the reason i couldn't be tracked is yes im a ninja, i didn't catch that fact at first but as i was rereading my role trying to figure out how if i was unable to be tracked, at this point i had not yet known that it was me that crazy tracked. so as a ninja im unwatchable and untrackable. as to my alliegence im a third party survavalist, basically to win i have to survive and to help do that i have a limited bulletproof ability.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby spiesr on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:52 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:alright i am catwoman, the reason i couldn't be tracked is yes im a ninja, i didn't catch that fact at first but as i was rereading my role trying to figure out how if i was unable to be tracked, at this point i had not yet known that it was me that crazy tracked. so as a ninja im unwatchable and untrackable. as to my alliegence im a third party survavalist, basically to win i have to survive and to help do that i have a limited bulletproof ability.
Okay, if you are can't be watched or tracked you must logically have a night action right? So what is your action(s)?
Captain spiesr

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Not to mention that Catwoman is generally pretty sympathetic/aids Batman, so even if you ARE third party, I would say that there is a distinct possibility that you could be recruited by Batman.

Also, FOS rishaed for wanting a claim from LSU right after he returned. Inactivity doesn't automatically equal claim unless we have no better cases.
Captain safariguy5

Postby rishaed on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Not to mention that Catwoman is generally pretty sympathetic/aids Batman, so even if you ARE third party, I would say that there is a distinct possibility that you could be recruited by Batman.

Also, FOS rishaed for wanting a claim from LSU right after he returned. Inactivity doesn't automatically equal claim unless we have no better cases.

Saf Please stop skimming it makes you look bad. I had posted my line of thought directly before that, it was also the reason i unvoted. For your help here.
rishaed wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:well spiesr i can see why your going after me and as to not having any cases, because i haven't found any to post on. what i did last night is no secret i just rather not reveal my role now im guessing that crazy tracked me or lsu, and crazy is wondering if hippo busdrived us and changed his results so crazy did you track me or lsu, and what did you find and hippo did you busdrive us

Correct me If I'm wrong, but did you just softclaim Vig? Because that would be the only role that I could think of that would be not a secret. The only other possibility would be SK. Which would mean that either LSU or Greg is Vig/SK. If I am correct we had a softclaim on LSU for Vig from the Gilli NK N2. Honestly speaking however I'm not exactly sure which one of you to trust atm for the correct role.

I even put color on for you, I just happened to decide that i wanted LSU to claim and not greg for some reason.
So unvote
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Yes extension for a bit...Lets say 5 days from nowish. I shall prod appropriate people tonight
(read as most people)
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby / on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:alright i am catwoman, the reason i couldn't be tracked is yes im a ninja, i didn't catch that fact at first but as i was rereading my role trying to figure out how if i was unable to be tracked, at this point i had not yet known that it was me that crazy tracked. so as a ninja im unwatchable and untrackable. as to my alliegence im a third party survavalist, basically to win i have to survive and to help do that i have a limited bulletproof ability.

So, what is your night action, if any?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 am

/ wrote:

basically i have a limited bulletproof ability, i have X number of times to use it and i decide which nights to do so. if you want to test it ill use it tonight and you can get the mafia or a vig, if we have one, to shoot me :D
Captain gregwolf121

Postby spiesr on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:47 am

gregwolf121 wrote:
/ wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:alright i am catwoman, the reason i couldn't be tracked is yes im a ninja, i didn't catch that fact at first but as i was rereading my role trying to figure out how if i was unable to be tracked, at this point i had not yet known that it was me that crazy tracked. so as a ninja I'm unwatchable and untrackable. as to my alliegence im a third party survavalist, basically to win i have to survive and to help do that i have a limited bulletproof ability.
basically i have a limited bulletproof ability, i have X number of times to use it and i decide which nights to do so. if you want to test it ill use it tonight and you can get the mafia or a vig, if we have one, to shoot me :D
Why would you be immune to tracking if you don't have an ability that let's you go somewhere? Also, you claim to have a survivor win condition, this also doesn't make sense coupled with the track immunity. If you are a survivor who shouldn't have anything to hide which would necessitate such an immunity.
Some followup questions:
What exactly is your role name? (Not the character but the role itself.)
What do you mean by unwatchable? Does this prevent you from showing up as having visited someone, or prevent a watcher from seeing who visited you?
Does your immunity to tracking and watching extend to other things as well, like role-blocks, investigations, and other stuff?
Captain spiesr

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 am

i don't know why my caracter was made that way, you'd have to ask the mod. but my guess would be to have the abilities fit the role, meaning catwoman is a professional burglar,
as to the other questions
Selina Kyle, commonly know as catwoman
i don't know exactly what \ unwatchable and untrackable warrants but i would assume that i can't be watched or tracked. and i would guess that i would assume that i could still be role blocked and investigated
Captain gregwolf121

Postby / on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 am

Indeed, that role doesn't make sense, there doesn't seem to be any point to town not seeing you if you aren't doing anything to screw with town, on the other hand "Catwoman" sounds like a plausible third party, and seems slightly lower priority to be mafia than say, Robin, or perhaps Gordon, the ninja thing could be to increase suspicion as a tradeoff for commuter type powers. (To fit in the game, the baddies will be trying to kill her for random reasons unrelated to her actually trying to stop them.)

On the other other hand, Batman has always been a rather slippery sort, rather ninja-ish, and we can't dismiss the possibility of fakeclaims.

I don't like how it's adding up personally. I would rather get this done with now than later, sorry if you actually did get saddled with a bastard role, but I've never seen a non-mafia ninja, and we have yet to see any evidence that this game contains any newly invented roles.

vote greg
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby edocsil on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:51 am

yeah, non maf ninja is a bit meh. Not sure of flavor on catwoman, but I though she was a "good guy" in the lore. (as in scum in our game)
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:27 am

Meh, meh, meh ... who needs a gal ... and one clearly demented with evil vs good ideas ... she doesn't know her loyalty ... meh ... begone ...unvote (if required) vote greg

show
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby edocsil on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:02 am

yeah, I derped around on a batman wiki for a while. Definitely a "good" character. Her early persona might be able to be 3rdparty, but she is saving kittens and the elderly after a short period of time, not to mention she and batman are working closely through most of Arkham.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:04 am

edocsil wrote:yeah, I derped around on a batman wiki for a while. Definitely a "good" character. Her early persona might be able to be 3rdparty, but she is saving kittens and the elderly after a short period of time, not to mention she and batman are working closely through most of Arkham.

EBWOB

Unvote Vote Greg
Edoc'sil

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 am

Vote greg (if needed
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby Nendreel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 am

Spi, me, droz, /, hippo, edoc and CM5. Unless a missed an unvote that should be a lynch.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:51 pm

dang i hate claiming it seems no matter what i am, be it town or mafia, as soon as i claim i get lynched. it happened in my last two games and it looks like its going to happen here, oh well it was a fun run
Captain gregwolf121

Postby edocsil on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:48 am

gregwolf121 wrote:dang i hate claiming it seems no matter what i am, be it town or mafia, as soon as i claim i get lynched. it happened in my last two games and it looks like its going to happen here, oh well it was a fun run

Yes, but what was it this time? If you told the truth, (town, catwoman) you got a bit of a bastard role IM, if you lied, you got to work on your flavor of your claims.
Edoc'sil

Postby gregwolf121 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:32 pm

like i said third party,
but well since im dead any way, nothing i said was a lie, it just wasn't the whole truth either, in addition to every thing else i get a night kill, i didn't use this because i was hoping to live based on what i said and keep the killing part a secret, i was going to claim vig if the votes continued, but between my first claim and the next time i looked i had already had the votes for a lynch, since im guessing you want to know who i targeted, night 1 was gilipig, but it didn't work, night 2 DRoZ 1.0, and night 3 ghostly. i usually choose someone who hadn't been posting very much
Captain gregwolf121

Postby spiesr on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:27 pm

](*,) If you had said that in your original claim there is a possibility that you would not have been lynched. Your claim as it originally stood didn't make any sense and so people concluded that you were lying. With this revelation it at least fits together. There would have still been suspicion with you being Catwoman and the tracking immunity not being necessary for a survivor. However, that could be mitigated by you having kill a scum member. Why did you think that trying to keep it a secret would be a good idea?
Captain spiesr

Postby edocsil on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Yes, if you were unCCed on a scum kill you would have lived. Ah well. One mistake you won't make again. Sorry to screw you like this.
Edoc'sil

Postby gregwolf121 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:52 pm

oh don't worry about it, and spiesr i thought that if it came down to it i would still have had time to claim and live, but it didn't work that way, btw why hasn't lovo ended this yet?
Captain gregwolf121

Postby rishaed on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:58 pm

It's daylight savings time so the sun goes down later than usual :P Don't worry the end will come soon. But enjoy your last living moments K? ;) btw. I'm joking here, just so no one decides to jump down my throat tomorrow.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives