Conquer Club

convict...to President (Complete: Night Strike WINNER)

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: convict to Congressman to President ONGOING RD1

Postby notageek on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:21 am

Sorry I wouldn't be able to join... I am playing 4 games right now and I don't have a premium membership.
Cook notageek

Postby kennys777 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Sergeant kennys777

Postby merch313 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 am

Tourney still active
Major merch313

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:15 am

merch313 wrote:Tourney still active

Yes, still awaiting round 1 games to finish
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:17 pm

merch313 wrote:Tourney still active

I guess first off, is this a question? If it is a statement then per Boolean logic, via Venn diagrams, you have just proven your own statement...

Since I assume it is a question (and I hate assuming anything), I have to ask, why didn't you just check the first thread's last edit? You would have seen that I edited the first post (the only person who can do that is the TO) and see that it was actually within the past 72 hours (at most). So, if this was an inactive tournament, which it seems the reasoning behind you stating this tournament is still active (thanks for the support), I would have to say this post in this thread does not need a response from me.

However, you probably expect a response, which you have now received beyond the original response. My original response was actually the short form, this, however, is the long form, which openly highlights the fault of the system of labels in this forum, and the subsequent forums where, it seems, you would like to place this thread. Well, we are playing, and a simple "game finder" search of this tournament would garner a finding of 3 active games in round 1 awaiting finishing!

Hey, let me just say for the record, I am flattered by the Big Brother keeping an eye on me and my tournament. It truly does make me feel safe and secure.

I probably should have just stuck with the short answer, but since CC seems to want to muddy the waters endlessly, in terms of tournament threads, I thought best to at least make light of the situation. I do understand you are just doing your job, however, your job is to make sure no tournament becomes inactive, and the facts are that the first post's "edit" time/date states there was no need to even post here!!! That is the real problem, you are looking for me to do your job, and that irks me to no end!

Yes, Convict to Congressman to President is still active as the original titled stated this whole time, "ONGOING RD1"!
Sergeant kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (Yes Merch, Ongoing

Postby generalhead on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 pm

I think it is just an update. I believe that they just label the thread for themselves so the tournament directors know what is going on. I don't think they are asking a question. By the rules a tournament has to finish within a year. If it takes longer than I year I believe you have to get permission. That is just a guess though. The tournament directors in my opinion do a pretty good job. they seem to stay on top of things. They always start tournament in a fair amount of time. They award medals in a fair amount of time too. Don't be too hard on these guys for they are volunteers. They spend hours of their own time to make CC a great site. They normally have to go through a bunch of threads a day starting tournaments and closing tournaments updating tournaments and running their own tournaments. In my opinion I think that this is just an update for themselves. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time or the last.
Last edited by generalhead on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby ChrisPond on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:40 pm

thanks for the laugh Kenny!
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby Genoke on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:01 pm

generalhead wrote:I think it is just an update. I believe that they just label the thread for themselves so the tournament directors know what is going on. I don't think they are asking a question. By the rules a tournament has to finish within a year. If it takes longer than I year I believe you have to get permission. That is just a guess though. The tournament directors in my opinion do a pretty good job. they seem to stay on top of things. They always start tournament in a fair amount of time. They award medals in a fair amount of time too. Don't be too hard on these guys for they are volunteers. They spend hours of their own time to make CC a great site. They normally have to go through a bunch of threads a day starting tournaments and closing tournaments updating tournaments and running their own tournaments. In my opinion I think that this is just an update for themselves. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time or the last.

i agree with generalhead. It's just a little check up.
Sometimes a tourney is going on, but very slow...could depend on map and settings...so the forum isn't very active at some moments. They have to check if the tread is still active or not if you ask me.
If they would have a question...you'll know it. i'm sure of that!
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:11 pm

generalhead wrote:I think it is just an update. I believe that they just label the thread for themselves so the tournament directors know what is going on. I don't think they are asking a question. By the rules a tournament has to finish within a year. If it takes longer than I year I believe you have to get permission. That is just a guess though. The tournament directors in my opinion do a pretty good job. they seem to stay on top of things. They always start tournament in a fair amount of time. They award medals in a fair amount of time too. Don't be too hard on these guys for they are volunteers. They spend hours of their own time to make CC a great site. They normally have to go through a bunch of threads a day starting tournaments and closing tournaments updating tournaments and running their own tournaments. In my opinion I think that this is just an update for themselves. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time or the last.

I believe you are correct for the most part. However, per the tournament organizer rules, we are required to label our tournaments in the byline. I have done that, and volunteer or not, nobody was looking at the details, only the facade of the tournament. In other words, someone saw the last post (which happened to be game numbers with links showcasing Round 1 was still VERY active), yet it is a waste of my time to respond to such inquiries. If the volunteers do not have the time to do minimal research, then they should not be volunteers. I work 2 jobs, 1 full time, 1 part time, and I am in the process of doing a startup venture. I really get irked by the lack of genuine research, especially when the research would take them only 2 clicks. Instead, I have to respond in a thread that is active. It defeats the purpose of me having to post in the byline per the TO guidelines!
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Genoke wrote:

Sometimes a tourney is going on, but very slow...could depend on map and settings...so the forum isn't very active at some moments. They have to check if the tread is still active or not if you ask me.

So are you saying that the post in my thread is merely a flag for higher-ups to see? The forum is active because I edit it regularly, and also have posted the links to the games to round 1 (right above Merch's post) which would be a good indicator that this tournament is active.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:09 pm

kennys777 wrote:
Genoke wrote:

So are you saying that the post in my thread is merely a flag for higher-ups to see? The forum is active because I edit it regularly, and also have posted the links to the games to round 1 (right above Merch's post) which would be a good indicator that this tournament is active.

Even though you're doing a good job of updating post one, if there aren't any new posts, then the thread will tend to slowly migrate down through the forum. This makes it look as if it hasn't been updated in a while, even if it has.

One of the TD's is always on routine patrol for tournaments that have fallen down to the bottom of the pile for this reason. When you reach page 9 of the forum (or whatever the last page of the forum currently is) they will have a look to see if it is actually active or not. If it is, they will make a new post, because that is the only way to make it rise back up to page one. That way, it won't languish on page nine and need to be checked again when they do their next patrol.

It really isn't anything to get upset about; it's actually a service to you. If your tournament is active, this helps it rise above the truly inactive tournaments that belong on page 9.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby kennys777 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:19 pm

kennys777 wrote:
Genoke wrote:

This makes sense...I just went to page 9 of the tournaments and found that the oldest one is dated October 16th, which happens to be the oldest post in this thread (beyond my edits)...So thanks Dukasaur, I do appreciate the feedback.

I will keep my posts up though for others to use as reference, as it bothered me, and it may bother someone else. Luckily we have an internal search engine which allows for people to find things like this for future reference.

I updated the topic byline, and I will now update the thread regularly to avoid this in the future.
Sergeant kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (Ongoing RD1)

Postby Night Strike on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Dukasaur is mostly correct. Tournaments that are inactive for 1 month are considered abandoned by the organizer and be put up for rescue. The first course of action for the Tournament Director who is in charge of abandoned tournaments to check for those which could be abandoned is to check the bottom of the Ongoing forum and look for tournaments that are near or beyond 1 month since their last post in the thread. The TD then goes to check Game Finder to see if games are still active. If there are active games, he posts in the thread acknowledging it's still active so he doesn't have to recheck it.

To avoid such checks and to save the TDs time, we ask organizers to make new posts in their threads every so often to keep it bumped to the top of the forum. This lets players who are perusing the forum have a better idea which ones are active and so the TDs don't have to spend time looking at active tournaments.
Major Night Strike

Postby merch313 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Yes what Duk and NS said. I look out for 30 days which usually falls on anywhere from page 8 to 10. There was no checking up just making sure for all players sake that new games are being created and tourney is active. You would be surprised how many TO's forget to check and tourney is 30+ days with nothing. So wasnt meant in anyway more then just a bump in the thread. Now 30 days from now if there are no new posts you will see another one ;)

merch
Major merch313

Postby kennys777 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am

merch313 wrote:Yes what Duk and NS said. I look out for 30 days which usually falls on anywhere from page 8 to 10. There was no checking up just making sure for all players sake that new games are being created and tourney is active. You would be surprised how many TO's forget to check and tourney is 30+ days with nothing. So wasnt meant in anyway more then just a bump in the thread. Now 30 days from now if there are no new posts you will see another one ;)

merch

As noted above by me after Dukasaur, and the PM from Merch, this issue is settled...Thanks to the volunteers involved with setting the record straight. I like being informed, and now I am informed.

This was my first tournament, so I never realized how the admin work the forums...

Thanks again for the information.

done!
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 am

Round 1 is coming to a close, we are awaiting two games to finish, but also the run-off games to decide the last 4 to advance out of the dead...

Game 1 Run-off

Game 2 Run off
Game 11987741
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:54 pm

This is the second invitation that has expired for Just4me...Due to time constraints and him being needed in a run-off game for non-winners or with 0 kills, I am eliminating the player from the tournament.

Thanks for playing.

Hello kennys777,

Your invitation to Just4Me for game 11987741 has expired.

Regards,
The Conquer Club
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 am

Round 1 still ongoing...
Sergeant kennys777

Postby elonpuckhog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Should I have been put into a run off game?
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby kennys777 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:01 am

Active, Final round 1 game should be finished within a week, and then there is still the 2 run-off games that are esc. to be completed before round 2 begins. round 1 has taken longer than I expected, but we are still on schedule for a tournament completion ahead of the 1 year requirement.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:46 pm

still active Round 1
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:21 pm

StackAmazon has failed to join the final run-off game, as noted earlier, players who do not join their games will be eliminated due to time constraints.

Thanks for playing.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:33 pm

kennys777 wrote:StackAmazon has failed to join the final run-off game, as noted earlier, players who do not join their games will be eliminated due to time constraints.

Thanks for playing.

Here is the email...

Hello kennys777,

Your invitation to StackedAmazon for game 12133032 has expired.

Regards,
The Conquer Club
Sergeant kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (Ongoing RD2)

Postby kennys777 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:57 am

Round 2 games have been sent, awaiting the finish of last run-off game to find out the missing 2 players advancing...All other games can start though.

good luck
Sergeant kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (Ongoing RD2)

Postby kennys777 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:40 am

Hello kennys777,

Your invitation to Vartiovuori for game 12169667 has expired.

Regards,
The Conquer Club

Due to time constraints on this tournament, this player has been eliminated. This has been the normal routine for players missing their invites, and does not stray or alter from decisions made regarding previous players' eliminations.

In other words, I have to follow the same form, otherwise it would look biased. Thanks for playing
Sergeant kennys777

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013