Conquer Club

[Forum] Like Button for posts.

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Like Button for posts.

Postby Army of GOD on Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Ok, you can list the names if you want.

But I still want a +1/-1 option rather than just a like button. Then you could actually have some relevant stats about the quality of the post (or popularity anyway). Something reddit style would be awesome (without the reordering of course, just the score).

A +1/-1, and if you click on a link then you can see who voted which.

Dassa good
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby ManBungalow on Fri May 11, 2012 11:54 am

inb4 this is implemented and there are organised campaigns to thumb-down all of Victor Sullivan's posts
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 pm

ManBungalow wrote:inb4 this is implemented and there are organised campaigns to thumb-down all of Victor Sullivan's posts

Too late, I've already been organizing the thumbs down campaign behind the scenes.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby vodean on Fri May 11, 2012 2:47 pm

im thinking an anonymous +/-1 button set, but where you can expand it to see all the names (or some of them, if its more than 10 each??)
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Army of GOD on Fri May 11, 2012 2:59 pm

vodean wrote:im thinking an anonymous +/-1 button set, but where you can expand it to see all the names (or some of them, if its more than 10 each??)

Army of GOD wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:Ok, you can list the names if you want.

But I still want a +1/-1 option rather than just a like button. Then you could actually have some relevant stats about the quality of the post (or popularity anyway). Something reddit style would be awesome (without the reordering of course, just the score).

A +1/-1, and if you click on a link then you can see who voted which.

Dassa good

also, none of this matters. At the current rate of suggestion submission, this should be submitted around the time that my generation starts dying off from old age.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby TeeGee on Fri May 11, 2012 11:54 pm

[-X <-- 1 thumb up

\:D/ <-- 2 thumbs up

:?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby macbone on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:01 am

I like this idea, as well, but I'd like the option to thumbs down a post, too. Maybe have a thumbs up, a thumbs down, and an overall +/- for the post, kinda like at Cracked and TED?

Here's something similar: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2112071
Colonel macbone

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Thumbs up would be awesome! And unique too. Thumbs up and thumbs down is youtube, and like is Facebook
Major Phatscotty

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:45 pm

I think the like button should only be available, if someone posts a recipe and you actually cooked it and went back for seconds.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:34 am

Pedronicus wrote:I think the like button should only be available, if someone posts a recipe and you actually cooked it and went back for seconds.

What kind of food are we talking about here? I'd love some kind of carb. Maybe pumpkin bread or a cream cheese danish.
Lieutenant chapcrap

"Like" Button

Postby SaMejoHn on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:52 am

I find myself stalking the forums often and while I read many interesting things lol I don't necessarily want to interject myself into the conversation. I was wondering if any thought had been given to implementing a "like" and/or possibly unlike button just like facebook. I'd like to show some appreciation for cc witty folk and the more spirited/sensitive users as well.
Major SaMejoHn

Re: "Like" Button

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby nietzsche on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:09 pm

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Merge?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:01 am

Definitely needs to be MERGED here because it's identical. Not sure whether thumbs up/down is close enough for the merge here. Bottom line is that there are a lot of users who want a quick way to express support (and maybe disapproval) of a post in different ways than are available now.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby nietzsche on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 pm

nietzsche wrote:And

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=170398

wut?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:06 pm

That is a link to this post, they have been merged. Not really sure what your question is.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Too many people on this site are way too immature for this to be a good idea. I've been on forums before e.g. do-it-yourself sites where this is useful but on a gaming site I think it's a bit much.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:02 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Too many people on this site are way too immature for this to be a good idea. I've been on forums before e.g. do-it-yourself sites where this is useful but on a gaming site I think it's a bit much.

Thumbs down.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:Too many people on this site are way too immature for this to be a good idea. I've been on forums before e.g. do-it-yourself sites where this is useful but on a gaming site I think it's a bit much.

Thumbs down.

Up yours?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:03 pm

This suggestion is bad because then there will be less forum posting. Our goal shouldn't be to minimize forum posts but rather to maximize them. Until everyone is posting 100 posts a day, we can't do anything that promotes less posting.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:This suggestion is bad because then there will be less forum posting. Our goal shouldn't be to minimize forum posts but rather to maximize them. Until everyone is posting 100 posts a day, we can't do anything that promotes less posting.

Agreed.
I don't think peanut gallery "me toos" are going to add anything to the site and they certainly don't qualify as forum activity; it's just fluff.
In the vein of Pedonicus's post, If someone explains how to change the fuel pump on my honda and the instructions were accurate and helpful I'll give em a thumbs up. Otherwise...
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby agentcom on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:29 pm

A thumbs up/thumbs down system would be great for me, but that's because I tend to stay here in Suggestions, where we don't run into the types of things that happen over in OT. I can see why you guys wouldn't like it. That said, what's wrong with a little thing that says "17 people like this post" or something like that? Just because it looks like facebook?
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:43 am

agentcom wrote:A thumbs up/thumbs down system would be great for me, but that's because I tend to stay here in Suggestions, where we don't run into the types of things that happen over in OT. I can see why you guys wouldn't like it. That said, what's wrong with a little thing that says "17 people like this post" or something like that? Just because it looks like facebook?

I suppose it would make sense for suggestions but not much esle.
Tbh I think it sounds a little corny and would probably end up being misused here. There are some on here who would think it was funny to just hop around and put thumbs downs on all the people's posts they didn't like. It's just a bad idea for cc for many reasons.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby chapcrap on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:18 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
agentcom wrote:A thumbs up/thumbs down system would be great for me, but that's because I tend to stay here in Suggestions, where we don't run into the types of things that happen over in OT. I can see why you guys wouldn't like it. That said, what's wrong with a little thing that says "17 people like this post" or something like that? Just because it looks like facebook?

I suppose it would make sense for suggestions but not much esle.
Tbh I think it sounds a little corny and would probably end up being misused here. There are some on here who would think it was funny to just hop around and put thumbs downs on all the people's posts they didn't like. It's just a bad idea for cc for many reasons.

That doesn't really seem true to me. It's bad because it might be abused? Eh, I guess that it could be abused, but that doesn't make it inherently bad. A lot of things can be abused, that's human nature, not the fault of the system/object/whatever that is being abused.

And as far as less posting goes: We don't need people to post things like '+1' I don't think that this would cause me to post much less. I would use this to supplement the posting that I already do. If people posted less because of this, then their posts were probably unsubstantial anyway. Not only that, I don't really care that much if people post less.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions