Conquer Club

New medal: # of players

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

New medal: # of players

Postby Cherry pepsi? on Sun May 13, 2012 12:49 am

I know that medals motivate a lot of people to play. And I was just thinking about a new possible medal of having 2 player- 8 player medals. It's another thing to work for, and another setting that could possibly be monitored (as I don't really know the medal system).

Maybe if 2-8 player medals are too many (7 total). Then maybe it could be split into minimul (2-4) and advanced (5-8) game medals. Then giving 2 new medals to play.. and not having to worry about starting specifically 7 player games which could be tedious for some to play, what.. 500 of them to receive gold? haha.

But what are people's thoughts. Has this been done before?
Corporal 1st Class Cherry pepsi?

Re: New medal: # of players

Postby agentcom on Sun May 13, 2012 3:43 am

You must really love cherry pepsi. Do you work for them or something? Also, I'm always in favor of more medals
Colonel agentcom

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun May 13, 2012 4:04 am

agentcom wrote:You must really love cherry pepsi. Do you work for them or something? Also, I'm always in favor of more medals

+1 I <3 Medals
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby greenoaks on Sun May 13, 2012 4:50 am

this has been suggested before along with medals for Escalating, Flat Rate, No Spoils, Sunny, Sequential and Automatic.

they are all covered by the Standard medal.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Cherry pepsi? on Sun May 13, 2012 2:36 pm

agentcom wrote:You must really love cherry pepsi. Do you work for them or something? Also, I'm always in favor of more medals

I made this account like however many years ago. I'm not obsessed with cherry pepsi any more, but i'm still obsessed with cherry drinks and sodas. I'm more for cherry coke now ;). And i do not work for them.

And yes, i think it's a good idea. But i guess it's covered in "standard" which doesn't make sense as there is a standard game setting, like assassin and such. This is a complete new idea. I don't think there should be one for cards. But I feel like playing with more players should be recognized.
Corporal 1st Class Cherry pepsi?

Postby agentcom on Sun May 13, 2012 8:39 pm

greenoaks wrote:this has been suggested before along with medals for Escalating, Flat Rate, No Spoils, Sunny, Sequential and Automatic.

Not all medals are mutually exclusive. Yeah, standard, assassin, terminator, dubs, trips, quads are. But fog, manual, etc. are not. So just because it is "covered" by the another medal doesn't mean that it is adequately covered. I think that's what the OP is saying. He wants some recognition for defeating a bunch of opponents in 8 player games or whatever. Just like you get for doing it in fog games.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 pm

agentcom wrote:
greenoaks wrote:this has been suggested before along with medals for Escalating, Flat Rate, No Spoils, Sunny, Sequential and Automatic.

Not all medals are mutually exclusive. Yeah, standard, assassin, terminator, dubs, trips, quads are. But fog, manual, etc. are not. So just because it is "covered" by the another medal doesn't mean that it is adequately covered. I think that's what the OP is saying. He wants some recognition for defeating a bunch of opponents in 8 player games or whatever. Just like you get for doing it in fog games.

this has been suggested and rejected because CC have said all standard game options are covered by the Standard medal. all non-standard options get a medal
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 14, 2012 2:02 am

greenoaks wrote:
agentcom wrote:

this has been suggested and rejected because CC have said all standard game options are covered by the Standard medal. all non-standard options get a medal

True, I don't remember exactly where, but lack said their won't be a medal for something like this.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby darth emperor on Mon May 14, 2012 4:23 am

Here
lackattack wrote:Other than the 6 game types, we don't make medals for the more popular game options.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby agentcom on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:51 pm

darth emperor wrote:Here
lackattack wrote:Other than the 6 game types, we don't make medals for the more popular game options.

That seems pretty definitive to me. REJECTED.
Colonel agentcom

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:10 am

Lack is gone. Can we open this up for discussion again?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Lack is gone. Can we open this up for discussion again?

It's always open for discussion ... or else we would lock it :)

Besides the general demand for

chapcrap wrote:MORE MEDALS!!!!

is there really a reason for this? Or perhaps that is enough of a reason in itself.
Colonel agentcom

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:37 am

Reason enough. Also, recent discussions in GD show that people are interested. Only problem is that a medal for 8-player assassin =/= 8-p dubs.

I also don't think a 2v2 medal should count for 8p dubs and vice versa.

Medals are extremely easy to program. They cost nothing to make and are enjoyed by all. I am sure some inflation will probably be lamented, but I don't understand why playing a 1v1 gets you the same medal as a 7-player escalator, just because they are both "standard". They are totally different games.

And don't get me started on 3players....
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Return to Archived Suggestions