Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Ask questions, answer questions

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Every time I log onto my battle royale game my color is different and it throws me off every time. Why does this happen and why can't it just stay the same?

-FT
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby chapcrap on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 pm

This is a good point. I don't understand it either. Maybe a suggestion needs to be made about it.
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:06 pm

chapcrap wrote:This is a good point. I don't understand it either. Maybe a suggestion needs to be made about it.


Dang, I thought this was going to be a no-brainer answer that everyone else knew but me. :lol:
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:20 pm

there are only a certain number of fixed code colors for players. Since the rest are not hardcoded, they get assigned randomly.
for sure, you actually cannot be in the game, so you have no color, or some such.
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby IcePack on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:23 pm

SirSebstar wrote:there are only a certain number of fixed code colors for players. Since the rest are not hardcoded, they get assigned randomly.
for sure, you actually cannot be in the game, so you have no color, or some such.


The rest of these should b the same everything as well, it's brutal having them change each time you look.
Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!

Image

Please contact chapcrap if my game times run low.
User avatar
Major IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 5560
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (8)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:56 pm

SirSebstar wrote:for sure, you actually cannot be in the game, so you have no color, or some such.


I do not understand this part of your post. ^

IcePack wrote:The rest of these should b the same everything as well, it's brutal having them change each time you look.


It is brutal. Every time I log on my first reaction is that someone has taken over my terts. This is not to mention I have a hard time tracking my opponents movements as well.
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:01 pm

There is always one Sequential and one Freestyle Battle Royale game open. The other game options are shuffled, so if you don't like the settings of an open Battle Royale just wait for it to fill and join the following one. Premium members can join one Battle Royale every 30 days. Player colours change each time you enter a Battle Royale game. If you have trouble figuring which player is which in the game, click on [color codes].
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 pm

DoomYoshi wrote: Player colours change each time you enter a Battle Royale game. If you have trouble figuring which player is which in the game, click on [color codes].


Yeah I always have color codes on since I am partially color blind but it's still tricky to follow who's who since the names of the colors keep changing.
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby chapcrap on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:09 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:There is always one Sequential and one Freestyle Battle Royale game open. The other game options are shuffled, so if you don't like the settings of an open Battle Royale just wait for it to fill and join the following one. Premium members can join one Battle Royale every 30 days. Player colours change each time you enter a Battle Royale game. If you have trouble figuring which player is which in the game, click on [color codes].

This seemed a lot like an automated response. Are you a robot?
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:31 pm

chapcrap wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:There is always one Sequential and one Freestyle Battle Royale game open. The other game options are shuffled, so if you don't like the settings of an open Battle Royale just wait for it to fill and join the following one. Premium members can join one Battle Royale every 30 days. Player colours change each time you enter a Battle Royale game. If you have trouble figuring which player is which in the game, click on [color codes].

This seemed a lot like an automated response. Are you a robot?

If this is your first time contacting us, please use the "open ticket" form below to open a new ticket. Otherwise if you would like to view the status of an existing ticket, enter your details in the "view status" form. Please login before making any inquiry regarding my account.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Why Does My Color Keep Changing on Battle Royale?

Postby Vartiovuori on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:There is always one Sequential and one Freestyle Battle Royale game open. The other game options are shuffled, so if you don't like the settings of an open Battle Royale just wait for it to fill and join the following one. Premium members can join one Battle Royale every 30 days. Player colours change each time you enter a Battle Royale game. If you have trouble figuring which player is which in the game, click on [color codes].

This seemed a lot like an automated response. Are you a robot?

If this is your first time contacting us, please use the "open ticket" form below to open a new ticket. Otherwise if you would like to view the status of an existing ticket, enter your details in the "view status" form. Please login before making any inquiry regarding my account.


Well played.
Sergeant 1st Class Vartiovuori
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:08 pm
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2)


Return to Questions & Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login