Conquer Club

[Notif] Turn notifier options

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Notif] Turn notifier options

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am

Hello all who read this and for those who do not play speeders, please remain silent because you don't know

And for those who have not been around here for a long time, also remain silent for now

After playing a crap load of speed games, both under the new and old ways , after seeing the drop in activity in 8man assassin freestyle from 10-15 doodles active at one time with 10-20 waiting , that would usually fill within minutes and having a turn notifier notification sent to my inbox to tell me my game started...to the way it is now where you can start 10 games and wait all day for even 1 of them to start...

I suggest that we give the player the option to either have a message sent to them or use the current way that is in games waiting

I was a supporter of the faster 1 minute gaming, and 3 years ago i suggested this due to the people who would miss their turns and drag it out

The faster game options is a hit, but the leaving your waiting games option sucks

For those of us that play multiple speed games, this causes missed turns if you get into a heated game where you cant leave to keep looking to see if another started
But when a message popped up in your inbox, and you saw a bright red thing appear on your screen, you knew you had to look

So please. please please give us this option once again...speed games are now boring to those of us that like and liked multiple gaming

I feel that this is why cc speed games are and have been declining, and after 35000 games, i feel i have a right to speak up about this

Mage
Major Mageplunka69

Re: Turn notifier options

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Mageplunka69 wrote:Hello all who read this and for those who do not play speeders, please remain silent because you dont know

And for those who have not been around here for a long time, also remain silent for now

After playing a crap load of speed games, both under the new and old ways , after seeing the drop in activity in 8man assassin freestyle from 10-15 doodles active at one time with 10-20 waiting , that would usually fill within minutes and having a turn notifier notification sent to my inbox to tell me my game started...to the way it is now where you can start 10 games and wait all day for even 1 of them to start...

I suggest that we give the player the option to either have a message sent to them or use the current way that is in games waiting

I was a supporter of the faster 1 minute gaming, and 3 years ago i suggested this due to the people who would miss their turns and drag it out

The faster game options is a hit, but the leaving your waiting games option sucks

For those of us that play multiple speed games, this causes missed turns if you get into a heated game where you cant leave to keep looking to see if another started
But when a message popped up in your inbox, and you saw a bright red thing appear on your screen, you knew you had to look

So please. please please give us this option once again...speed games are now boring to those of us that like and liked multiple gaming

I feel that this is why cc speed games are and have been declining, and after 35000 games, i feel i have a right to speak up about this

Mage

Why can't you just leave the "waiting games" page open in a separate tab? I do this, and the browser forcibly switches me to that page when the game starts, so there's really no way to miss it.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby chapcrap on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 pm

I think that this has been addressed with other suggestions. I thought they made an option for a PM to still be sent. I'll try to find the thread...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 pm

chapcrap wrote:I think that this has been addressed with other suggestions. I thought they made an option for a PM to still be sent. I'll try to find the thread...

I might have been wrong about it being implemented, but here are the other suggestions about it:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=160744
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=165299
Not as much about the notifier itself: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=166658
Not as much about the notifier itself: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=119643
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Mageplunka69 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:22 am

because it sucks thats why, and i want it back as i know others do but are afraid to speak up ...just asking
Major Mageplunka69

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 am

Mageplunka69 wrote:because it sucks thats why, and i want it back as i know others do but are afraid to speak up ...just asking

I don't think others are afraid to speak up. See the links I already posted.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Mageplunka69 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:18 am

thanks chap, great reading
Major Mageplunka69

Return to Suggestions