Conquer Club

[Official] Very Modern Pentathlon [COMPLETE] - BDI Wins!!

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: [Official] Pentathlon [Day 2] RESERVES URGENTLY NEEDED!!

Postby wookie1 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Well, i dont agree with that. Besides, why would u have joined if u dont like it, maps and rules were available from the start..

And if u want out, there are prolly reserves who wants to play..
Major wookie1

Postby nicestash on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:05 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:Standings updated to show the results of Day 2 action in the show jumping competition, now completed.

And, as nicestash so boldly predicted, Nepal have leapfrogged Serbia to take hold of the top spot in the overall standings!
However, Serbia has not fallen very far behind, and it will be very interesting to see if Nepal can hold them off for the rest of Day 2, not to mention the rest of the tournament.

Thank you all for making this such an exciting tournament to run! I'm having loads of fun with it!

Heck yah! They can't even compete with our Show Jumping or our Cross Country Relay-both of which, coincidentally, happen to include me on the roster ;)
Major nicestash

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 am

Results for Day 2's synchronized swimming events have been added to the spreadsheet, and only 2 active 1v1 games stand between us and the end of Day 2.

Nepal currently leads the race for overall gold by 18.5 Standings Points over second-place Burundi, with third-place Ukraine another 6 Standings Points behind them - former second-place holder Serbia has fallen to fourth, and former leader Libya has fallen all the way down to eighth.

Will Nepal be able to maintain that lead for the rest of Day 2 despite finishing second in their cross-country relay group?
And how badly will their elimination from the shooting event hamper their chances at overall gold?
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby wookie1 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Yay, Ukraine for the lead? :-)
Major wookie1

Postby wookie1 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Or rather Burundi I guess, and Ukraine second.. will be close top three though..
Major wookie1

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm

wookie1 wrote:Or rather Burundi I guess, and Ukraine second.. will be close top three though..

Second time the charm, wookie.

At the END of DAY 2:

Burundi finds themselves atop the overall standings board, 6 points ahead of second-place Ukraine and 7 ahead of both third-place Serbia and fourth-place Nepal (Serbia is ahead of Nepal because they are higher on the leaderboards of 3 of the 5 individual events). Gabon is a fairly distant fifth, 26.5 points behind Nepal, and Day 1 leaders Libya have fallen all the way down to eighth, 51 points behind Burundi.

It is worth noting that only six teams (Afghanistan, Burundi, Russia, the Solomon Islands, Serbia, and SĆ£o TomĆ© & Principe) are still in contention in all 5 events, while 19 teams have been reduced to competing only in show jumping and synchronized swimming.

Day 3 will (hopefully) get started soon.

Postby betiko on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:40 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
wookie1 wrote:Or rather Burundi I guess, and Ukraine second.. will be close top three though..

Second time the charm, wookie.

At the END of DAY 2:

Burundi finds themselves atop the overall standings board, 6 points ahead of second-place Ukraine and 7 ahead of both third-place Serbia and fourth-place Nepal (Serbia is ahead of Nepal because they are higher on the leaderboards of 3 of the 5 individual events). Gabon is a fairly distant fifth, 26.5 points behind Nepal, and Day 1 leaders Libya have fallen all the way down to eighth, 51 points behind Burundi.

It is worth noting that only six teams (Afghanistan, Burundi, Russia, the Solomon Islands, Serbia, and SĆ£o TomĆ© & Principe) are still in contention in all 5 events, while 19 teams have been reduced to competing only in show jumping and synchronized swimming.

Day 3 will (hopefully) get started soon.

that would be us! cool!! didn't know we were doing so well.
Major betiko

Re: [Official] Pentathlon [Day 3] RESERVES URGENTLY NEEDED!!

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:24 pm

All Day 3 games have been made. Invites have been sent out for Day 3's games in the Fencing, Shooting, and Cross-Country Relay competitions. Invites for Day 3's games in the Show Jumping and Synchronized Swimming competitions are being sent out now, team by team, in alphabetical order. I hope to have all invites out by midnight.

Thank you all, once again, for participating in this tournament. Couldn't have done it without you. :D

sempai

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:52 pm

All Day 3 invites have been sent out - barring a few screwups where I invited the wrong people.

I'm going to have to ask you guys to meet me halfway here - when I invite you to games, PLEASE read the game label and be absolutely, 150% sure you're supposed to be in that game BEFORE you join it.
I've had to drop and recreate two games already because players joined games they were invited to by mistake, even though I posted on their walls asking them to drop the game.

Thank you again.
sempai

Postby calculatedCHA0S on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:44 pm

I just declined an invitation accidentally for the Pentathlon. Anyway I can get back in or am I screwed?
Lieutenant calculatedCHA0S

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:14 pm

If you decline an invite accidentally, just let me know that it was accidental, and I'll resend it.

Postby silversun6 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:20 am

someone here is missing:
Game 11971551
Colonel silversun6

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:24 am

silversun6 wrote:someone here is missing:
Game 11971551

His invitation expired. That has happened A LOT in this tournament. Please be patient.

Postby silversun6 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:51 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:
silversun6 wrote:someone here is missing:
Game 11971551

His invitation expired. That has happened A LOT in this tournament. Please be patient.

same happened in here: Game 11971962

just trying to help
Colonel silversun6

Postby IcePack on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:All Day 3 invites have been sent out - barring a few screwups where I invited the wrong people.

I'm going to have to ask you guys to meet me halfway here - when I invite you to games, PLEASE read the game label and be absolutely, 150% sure you're supposed to be in that game BEFORE you join it.
I've had to drop and recreate two games already because players joined games they were invited to by mistake, even though I posted on their walls asking them to drop the game.

Thank you again.
sempai

No offense, but I just got like a dozen games all @ once and my overall game count was 5-6. So I went from 5-6 games to like, 18. I don't even understand half of the game labels being used so makes it hard to double check things. I have no idea how many I'm even supposed to be in each day. I asked you via ur wall and u gave me game totals for the entire day for all teams, not how many games **I** was to be expecting. I'm basically accepting all invites and playing the games that are sent and waiting to the end to find out how we did cuz I don't even really have the time to figure out the scoring method.

It's been fun but hard to follow. At least with as much time as I can set aside specifically for this.

IcePack

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 pm

IcePack wrote:
No offense, but I just got like a dozen games all @ once and my overall game count was 5-6. So I went from 5-6 games to like, 18. I don't even understand half of the game labels being used so makes it hard to double check things. I have no idea how many I'm even supposed to be in each day. I asked you via ur wall and u gave me game totals for the entire day for all teams, not how many games **I** was to be expecting. I'm basically accepting all invites and playing the games that are sent and waiting to the end to find out how we did cuz I don't even really have the time to figure out the scoring method.

It's been fun but hard to follow. At least with as much time as I can set aside specifically for this.

IcePack

IcePack

You are on team Serbia (SRB) so all your games should include SRB in the label, if they don't it may be an error. At least that's how I know whether I should join or not (if I even remember/bother to verify).

patrick

patrick
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 pm

IcePack wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:All Day 3 invites have been sent out - barring a few screwups where I invited the wrong people.

Thank you again.
sempai

IcePack

IcePack

You have nothing to worry about - you've joined all the games you should, and no others. I'll PM you in a bit to give more detail.
There is a "Game Label Key" here, which should give a little more clarity on what the abbreviations mean. (Fun fact: the limit on CC game labels is 50 characters)
Anyone who is unsure what games they should be joining, PLEASE contact me - I will gladly tell you.

Postby king15 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:15 pm

I can step in as a reserve if you still need one, since you posted in the Play Now thread.
Lieutenant king15

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:24 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:You are on team Serbia (SRB) so all your games should include SRB in the label

That's correct, but there is one exception: Shooting games do not have country abbreviations in their game labels because there are players from 6 different countries in each game, and not enough space in the game label for all of them.

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:27 pm

king15 wrote:I can step in as a reserve if you still need one, since you posted in the Play Now thread.

I need 3 at this moment, and possibly 4, so you're in. Thank you!

Postby mcshanester29 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:56 pm

I can be a reserve mate!!
Private mcshanester29

Postby ColorMeVicious on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:57 am

I'm in.
Sergeant 1st Class ColorMeVicious

Postby bplp49 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:47 am

is this still open? ... if yes, put me in!
Sergeant 1st Class bplp49

Postby Armandolas on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:12 pm

if still open for reserves, im in ;)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 pm

The Round of 32 in the Fencing competition has just finished, and it was upset city, with the 5 highest-ranked fencers in the competition all crashing out of the bracket in the first round and the top two seeds - Honduras and Ukraine - both undefeated through 2 group stages (8 games) swept out of the competition 2-0!
Here's to the underdog in this round, and we eagerly wait to see if more of the same awaits us in Round 2.

Day 3 action in the Shooting and Show Jumping competitions has also concluded, and those results are being tabulated while we await the results of 9 ongoing cross-country relays and 7 active doubles games in the Synchronized Swimming competition.

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013