Conquer Club

four games?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

four games?

Postby killspoon on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:59 pm

Is it only me, or can everyone else only play four games at at time now. Or is somethign else happening
Private 1st Class killspoon

Postby killspoon on Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:09 pm

Join A Game

you cannot play more than 4 games at a time

Click the "Join" link to play in any of the games below.

s'whta it said!
Private 1st Class killspoon

Same here

Postby topgun on Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:25 pm

I just wanted to know...
Dose anyone know why we can only have 4 games now???
Private topgun

Postby jraym on Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:32 pm

You should read the updates... The game total has been reduced to 4 games, but the games that you are dead in do not count for that total.
Sergeant 1st Class jraym

Postby DIXIE on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:57 am

4 games now?oh well 5 was going good for me :twisted:
Private DIXIE

Postby oman on Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:31 pm

from 10 to 5 to 4. soon we will only be allowed one game :? :cry:
Cook oman

Re: four games?

Postby betiko on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:48 pm

that sucks! did premium not even exist?
Major betiko

Postby Gilligan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:39 pm

betiko wrote:that sucks! did premium not even exist?

Nice necro bump ;)

I don't think premium existed till April-ish of '06
Captain Gilligan

Postby jleonnn on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:46 am

Wouldn't mind having 10 game simultaneously :D
Major jleonnn

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:47 am

jleonnn wrote:Wouldn't mind having 10 game simultaneously :D

You certainly could...with Premium! ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby ZeekLTK on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 am

There should probably still be a limit for premium. I got stuck in a doubles game with a premium member as my teammate and after several turns of him not responding to any of my teamtalk messages combined with making questionable strategic decisions I looked at him closer and saw that he is in like 50-some games right now!

He clearly doesn't have time to take any of them seriously, he just logs in, throws some dice, and moves on to the next game. It's quite frustrating because we could have won this game several turns ago but he's not taking the time to adequately play and makes tons of strategic mistakes that could easily be avoided, which ends up dragging the game on because of how inefficient he is (for example, it's nuclear spoils - I had a card for one of his territories and even told him I was going to have to play it on my following turn BEFORE it was his move, so that he could do something to get ready for it, but instead he left a stack of 9 on that territory and I had to wipe them out, then it took us 2-3 turns to recover from that. So stupid because it could have easily been avoided if he was paying attention at all).

I think that if he weren't able to play in so many other games he'd be forced to focus on the few he is in.
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Postby premio53 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:07 am

ZeekLTK wrote:There should probably still be a limit for premium. I got stuck in a doubles game with a premium member as my teammate and after several turns of him not responding to any of my teamtalk messages combined with making questionable strategic decisions I looked at him closer and saw that he is in like 50-some games right now!

He clearly doesn't have time to take any of them seriously, he just logs in, throws some dice, and moves on to the next game. It's quite frustrating because we could have won this game several turns ago but he's not taking the time to adequately play and makes tons of strategic mistakes that could easily be avoided, which ends up dragging the game on because of how inefficient he is (for example, it's nuclear spoils - I had a card for one of his territories and even told him I was going to have to play it on my following turn BEFORE it was his move, so that he could do something to get ready for it, but instead he left a stack of 9 on that territory and I had to wipe them out, then it took us 2-3 turns to recover from that. So stupid because it could have easily been avoided if he was paying attention at all).

I think that if he weren't able to play in so many other games he'd be forced to focus on the few he is in.

I fully understand the frustration. I just got premium yesterday and now play only speed games where the effects of that kind of behavior is nullified. Speed games alone makes premium worth it
Lieutenant premio53

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:29 am

ZeekLTK wrote:There should probably still be a limit for premium. I got stuck in a doubles game with a premium member as my teammate and after several turns of him not responding to any of my teamtalk messages combined with making questionable strategic decisions I looked at him closer and saw that he is in like 50-some games right now!

First of all, you should do research about a partner BEFORE playing with them.

Second, I don't think you can look at all premiums that way. I am down to about 70-75 games now and I check chat and communicate just fine.

Most of all, just because that guy isn't a good partner, doesn't mean he should be limited if he's paying.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37 am

chapcrap wrote:

First of all, you should do research about a partner BEFORE playing with them.

Second, I don't think you can look at all premiums that way. I am down to about 70-75 games now and I check chat and communicate just fine.

Most of all, just because that guy isn't a good partner, doesn't mean he should be limited if he's paying.

This. I used to play 100+ and handle it just fine, and know many others who do / can as well.
The amount of games I actually prefer is 50-75 so restricting to 50 I would hate (and you seem to have an issue with even 50)

Every player is different, and unlimited games is one of the giant perks of having premium.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 am

I would not renew if I were to lose access to an unlimited amount of games.
Cook Butters1919

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Butters1919 wrote:I would not renew if I were to lose access to an unlimited amount of games.

Obviously you and some of the power users would be most dramatically affected! But I think it is probably safe to say a limit won't come down ever for Premiums.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:22 pm

I don't think I have ever seen Dukasaur below 60.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:54 pm

i never had more than 40. I think I saw on the record page done by blitz that some dude got over 1000 actives once. I guess he had tons of happy partners if they were all team games.

gilligan, necrobumping? noooo! lol
Major betiko

Postby AslanTheKing on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Imagine playing 75 City mogul games , without using auto attack- u will go nuts.
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby jleonnn on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:47 pm

betiko wrote:i never had more than 40. I think I saw on the record page done by blitz that some dude got over 1000 actives once. I guess he had tons of happy partners if they were all team games.

gilligan, necrobumping? noooo! lol

Before it was HighlanderAttack I think, then theherkman bested it if I'm not wrong. He started missing turns and came up with a couple of excuses (I forgot most of them; I think a dodgy internet connection was one of them) and eventually got accused of point dumping. His account got suspended while the mods looked through the games and then he got into my account (he was one of my account sitters) and started point dumping. After which my account got suspended. Got it back though.
Major jleonnn

Postby Gilligan on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:55 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:Imagine playing 75 City mogul games , without using auto attack- u will go nuts.

I remember when there was NO auto attack.

It made playing freestyle games extremely interesting.
Captain Gilligan

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Gilligan wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:Imagine playing 75 City mogul games , without using auto attack- u will go nuts.

that would be a great game option NO AUTO-ATTACK
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:35 am

greenoaks wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

that would be a great game option NO AUTO-ATTACK

Agreed!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:25 pm

I used to play RISK on DOS that had a game option "do or die" where you were only allowed to autoattack. That autoattack didn't stop at 3 though, not like this pussy stuff.

I suggested it once, pretty sure it got ripped apart by wankers who don't like games to be "Nintendo Hard".
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Return to Conquer Club Discussion