Conquer Club

[EoA] Leave Games Active After Elimination

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[EoA] Leave Games Active After Elimination

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Concise description:

Have the option to leave games in which you have been eliminated in your active games list.

Specifics/Details:

Maybe have a checkbox so that once you are ready to toss the game you can check off the box and send the game to the scrap heap (recently finished).

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

Sometimes you want to remain actively involved in a team game once you are eliminated from it and the fact that your game automatically gets thrown to a different tab once you are out makes this difficult. Also, sometimes you just want to watch how a game plays out. An option to leave it active would make for a better reminder and easier access until you are completely finished with a game in all respects.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Leave Games Active After Elimination

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Eh, that's exactly what the eliminated tab is for. I don't see the benefit of not moving the game.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:58 pm

chapcrap wrote:Eh, that's exactly what the eliminated tab is for. I don't see the benefit of not moving the game.

Well, I tend to visit my active games tab immensely more often than my inactive. This causes me to even miss when I get eliminated from a game, depending on how many games I have going. What ends up happening is I inadvertently leave my teammates hanging as far as chat is concerned since I have actually forgotten about that particular game since it's no longer in the active games tab. All I am suggesting is that there be an option so that you can opt to leave those games in which you are eliminated in the active games tab since technically speaking the game is still active.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Yeah, I understand that.

I try to keep on eye on my eliminated games every day too. But, if it's just chat you're missing, I would strongly recommend you and your teammates getting these:
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:08 pm

i'm not in favour of this, sorry.

the Eliminated tab is there for that purpose - learn to use it
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:42 pm

chapcrap wrote:Yeah, I understand that.

I try to keep on eye on my eliminated games every day too. But, if it's just chat you're missing, I would strongly recommend you and your teammates getting these:

Was the link supposed to lead to something about team private messages? How would this help if there was no actual chat by my teammates?
greenoaks wrote:i'm not in favour of this, sorry.

the Eliminated tab is there for that purpose - learn to use it

Yeah I know how to use it, it's just not very convenient. The only other option that I can think is to have to choice to have you eliminated games be at the bottom of your active games list.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:11 pm

One of the links was about chatglove, the other was Team PMs. I thought the issue was responding to teammates in chat.

Either way, I'm not on board with this.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 pm

chapcrap wrote:One of the links was about chatglove, the other was Team PMs. I thought the issue was responding to teammates in chat.

Ok, I think only one of the links works, the second one.
Responding to chat is one thing but its more general as in just following a game, regardless of whether or not teammates are chatting, etc.. I can accept if this suggestion is no good to the majority but It's a real bother for me personally so I thought I would test the waters. O:)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby greenoaks on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
chapcrap wrote:One of the links was about chatglove, the other was Team PMs. I thought the issue was responding to teammates in chat.

Ok, I think only one of the links works, the second one.
Responding to chat is one thing but its more general as in just following a game, regardless of whether or not teammates are chatting, etc.. I can accept if this suggestion is no good to the majority but It's a real bother for me personally so I thought I would test the waters. O:)

dont lose heart, its been half a day.

maybe someone other than chap or myself will stop by
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby TheMissionary on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:32 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=527&t=97965&hilit=Watch+This+Game

This allows you to select games in which you can pay particular attention to, giving them their own tab. You can select and deselect games at any time.
Captain TheMissionary

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:54 pm

TheMissionary wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=527&t=97965&hilit=Watch+This+Game

This allows you to select games in which you can pay particular attention to, giving them their own tab. You can select and deselect games at any time.

Yes, but that's what he's trying to avoid. He wants everything in one tab. The games already go into a different time.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:56 pm

chapcrap wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=527&t=97965&hilit=Watch+This+Game

Yes, but that's what he's trying to avoid. He wants everything in one tab. The games already go into a different time.

He's right Missionary. :( That add-on is a lateral move concerning my particular issue.
I do appreciate the link though, I never knew that add-on existed so I learned something new.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby agentcom on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't think that I would like this either ... I almost want to go the other way and have you be able to get games out of the eliminated tab and off my radar completely (battle royales come to mind). I think chatglove (which is chap's first link) is possibly your best option. Either that or just clicking over to the eliminated games.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Suggestions