Conquer Club

Violet's Das Schloss Trips Tourney- Completed!

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Violet's Das Schloss Trips Tourney [16/16] FULL

Postby Genoke on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Violet,

is it possible to give the actual stand please...i'm a bit curious about how we're doing...

would be fine if we could see the results so far from each group.

Thank you!
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby GoranZ on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:03 pm

VioIet wrote:
GoranZ wrote:
Lets see what numbers say. Times are in CET...
2012-09-19 03:14:43 - Game 11649995 has been initialized
2012-09-19 07:14:37 - Game 11649993 has been initialized

Games started with 4 hours difference which mean your teammate was on at least twice that day(assuming he accepted the invites last).

He may not have been the last to join. Also how can you say he logged on twice that day? Couldn't he be online for over four hours at a time? There could be a million probable reasons why he missed. If you want to know why he missed his invite, you should ask him. That would take all the guesswork out of it.

Why would I need to ask him? Who is TO, you or me? If he was online for 4 hours and he missed his invite then he do that on purpose :D

VioIet wrote:While you're at it, maybe you can also explain why you missed your invite as well.

If you have done your job properly you wouldn't have sent 5 invitations in games I was part of. I didn't miss my turn, you send too many invites(I accepted 1 more then I should have), there is a difference.
Your incompetence is your problem not mine.

VioIet wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Preferably with precise number:

time (1) + time (1) + again (1) = 3

I say three misses in a row, without good cause will most likely result in replacement.

Only 2 games out of 7 started on time for me, and both of them were with same team. No one from my team didn't miss an invite from the remaining 2 teams so both teams have players that qualify for replacement... What will you do about it?
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby GoranZ on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Since I'm not the only one that thinks that this tournament is poorly organized I made a proposal that can lead to elimination of similar poorly organized tournaments.

Add Rating For Tournament

Genoke wrote:Violet,

is it possible to give the actual stand please...i'm a bit curious about how we're doing...

Thank you!

Group 1 ended their games 1 month ago and there is no ranking list... Expectations that you can get ranking list for your group which has ~30% unfinished games is over optimistic. Violet wont bother counting.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby VioIet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:02 am

Thank you!

Hi Genoke!

There is a post on page 2 in which I am keeping track of the standings. I know it is a bit hard to find. Once Round 1 is finished, I am going to copy all the information in that post and re-post it, so that it'll be easier to find. I should've done it in the second post (right after the OP), but I forgot. That would've made it easy to reference. But I'll keep updating once each round progresses. There will be another update post soon, once all the games finish up. We still have a few more pending.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:30 am

VioIet wrote:

Thank you!

Hi Genoke!

There is a post on page 2 in which I am keeping track of the standings. I know it is a bit hard to find. Once Round 1 is finished, I am going to copy all the information in that post and re-post it, so that it'll be easier to find. I should've done it in the second post (right after the OP), but I forgot. That would've made it easy to reference. But I'll keep updating once each round progresses. There will be another update post soon, once all the games finish up. We still have a few more pending.

you could put that info at the end of the 1st post where it would always be easy to find ;)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby VioIet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:33 am

GoranZ wrote:Why would I need to ask him? Who is TO, you or me? If he was online for 4 hours and he missed his invite then he do that on purpose :D

LOL, maybe because I could care less why the invite was missed. It's not a big deal. Since you are the one who cares, and since you're asking so many questions about it- you might as well ask him. Either an invite is accepted or missed. Reasoning has nothing to do with the outcome.

GoranZ wrote:If you have done your job properly you wouldn't have sent 5 invitations in games I was part of. I didn't miss my turn, you send too many invites(I accepted 1 more then I should have), there is a difference.

I did do my job properly, which is why you even received your invites in the first place. You still seem to have a severe lack of understanding of how this tourney works, despite all of my explanations. You originally received your three invites per week; however, do to the missed invites, things got a bit more complicated. I explained all that in prior posts.

I hope you do realize by purposely rejecting the invites, you are making my job a lot harder. Of course if you decline the invite, I have to either re-send it, or let the game delete (normally the latter, as I refuse to do all that extra work at once).

You can't complain about the invites, when you were part of the problem. Also, to harp on my teammate missing an invite when you did the same exact thing seems a bit hypocritical.

If you feel that you had a good reason for declining the invite, I will gladly accept that. I can understand the reason, and I don't fault you. Just as I don't fault anyone else. However, doing so, you must have the knowledge that you are throwing off the intended pace of the tourney by doing so.

Also, your teammate complained that your group had a disadvantage. But when I proposed a solution for your group, they declined. Therefore, case closed.

GoranZ wrote:Only 2 games out of 7 started on time for me, and both of them were with same team. No one from my team didn't miss an invite from the remaining 2 teams so both teams have players that qualify for replacement... What will you do about it?

Absolutely nothing. And you missed the invite in a game against Momo's team. Why lie and say that no one from your team missed an invite, when you were the one who missed it? Following your same line of thinking- then you should be replaced as well, right?

GoranZ wrote:Group 1 ended their games 1 month ago and there is no ranking list... Expectations that you can get ranking list for your group which has ~30% unfinished games is over optimistic. Violet wont bother counting.

I have no clue what you are talking about here Goranz. And I don't think that you do either :lol:
There is a ranking list of all the Group 1 games on page 2 of the thread. That ranking post has been there since the first few games ended.
Last edited by VioIet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby VioIet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:42 am

greenoaks wrote:you could put that info at the end of the 1st post where it would always be easy to find ;)

I know, and I considered such long ago. I just really like the format of my OP, and I don't want to mess that up. And I still haven't figured out how to do that chart in an accurate way for my tourney. I really wanted to include a chart in the OP, but I don't know how to make it correctly.

But since I don't know how to do that chart/table, I just typed the results out. I just figured it would be easier at this point to put them at the end of the thread. That way the most current results would always be towards the end.

Maybe I'll consider making a new tab, if I can think of a neat way to do it.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:51 am

Use the code function to create tables. Add spaces between the words to get everything to line up in columns

Code: Select all
Player           Total     Rnd 1     Rnd 2     Rnd 3
azak848          19        10        9
CFC Bazza CFC    12        6         6
Fakyras          15        7         8
general cod      18        9         9
greenoaks        17        10        7
Jurasu           12        5         7
loenatiek        12        7         5
Pappje           17        9         8
sandman175       18        8         10
taneuse          13        7         6
templeyard       16        7         9
TheTrueNorth     16        7         9
thunderhue       14        7         7
Vid_FISO         11        6         5
wampeter         14        8         6
whydelilah       16        7         9
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby VioIet on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:58 am

I have no clue how a code function works. I would need to read a tutorial/instructions page on exactly what to type to get my chart to show up like that.

Looking at your chart, I assume that the total column is the number of games played so far. But do the Rounds columns show how many games were played in that round, or how many games were won/lost in that round?

Also in the first column (player), I would actually want to organize it by team, rather than by each individual player. Each team has a number in the OP (according to the order in which they signed up). That's how they can be identified, but I don't know how to type it into the function table.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby GoranZ on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:47 pm

@Violet... I guess human can not be more brainless then you.

VioIet wrote:
GoranZ wrote:If you have done your job properly you wouldn't have sent 5 invitations in games I was part of. I didn't miss my turn, you send too many invites(I accepted 1 more then I should have), there is a difference.

I did do my job properly, which is why you even received your invites in the first place. You still seem to have a severe lack of understanding of how this tourney works, despite all of my explanations. You originally received your three invites per week; however, do to the missed invites, things got a bit more complicated. I explained all that in prior posts.

Lets see what Tourney Summary from first post says... Duration- 3 weeks (3 games per week). Are you sure that you done your job properly, I'm not. You do not mention invites, missed invites etc... you mention 3 new games per week.
VioIet wrote:
Tourney Summary wrote:This tourney will have four rounds.

Round 1: Preliminaries

Duration- 3 weeks (3 games per week)

VioIet wrote:You can't complain about the invites, when you were part of the problem. Also, to harp on my teammate missing an invite when you did the same exact thing seems a bit hypocritical.

Hehehehe... Missing invite on purpose for strategic reasons(like your teammate) and missing because TO send too many invites are two very different things.
Reason why your teammate missed your invite was because your team had 5 wins and you were waiting to see if your team will have enough wins to qualify for the next round... If you like I can prepare preliminary evidence and send it to Tournament Director.

VioIet wrote:Also, your teammate complained that your group had a disadvantage. But when I proposed a solution for your group, they declined. Therefore, case closed.

Sure we had disadvantage, some teams from our group had 6 games going on, while we had 0... Strategically they knew how some of their games will end, while we did not. And my teammates decline your proposal because it was pointless to accept it when we were leading in majority of our games.

VioIet wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Only 2 games out of 7 started on time for me, and both of them were with same team. No one from my team didn't miss an invite from the remaining 2 teams so both teams have players that qualify for replacement... What will you do about it?

Absolutely nothing. And you missed the invite in a game against Momo's team. Why lie and say that no one from your team missed an invite, when you were the one who missed it? Following your same line of thinking- then you should be replaced as well, right?

If you were a little bit more smarter you would have understand what I said... I'll help you(you can read out loud, maybe you will understand):
GoranZ wrote:Only 2 games out of 7 started on time for me, and both of them were with same team. No one from my team didn't miss an invite from the remaining 2 teams

And since only 2 games with Momo's team started one time(I missed the third invite) and they were not related to the problems that my team had I'm apologizing them.
Violet that is 6 invites that other 2 teams missed...

VioIet wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Group 1 ended their games 1 month ago and there is no ranking list... Expectations that you can get ranking list for your group which has ~30% unfinished games is over optimistic. Violet wont bother counting.

I have no clue what you are talking about here Goranz. And I don't think that you do either :lol:
There is a ranking list of all the Group 1 games on page 2 of the thread. That ranking post has been there since the first few games ended.

Second page? You are probably the only TO that puts the current standings on second page without linking them to the first post. And your info on second page is not even accurate.
VioIet wrote:
Group 3
14. Hook2, darkseb, checker555 - 6 wins (advances)
4.momo33, QuikSilver and ttblanch- 3 wins
15. ubcman64, codierose, RKCVED - 3 wins
2. chapcrap, GoranZ, and mviola- 6 wins (advances)

Team No.14 never had and it seems then never will have 6 victories, so stop taking victories from us.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Night Strike on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:10 pm

I just read through the entire thread, and how many times has the exact same thing been discussed?! Sheesh!

GoranZ, you have to quit flaming in the thread. Your personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you is not conducive to working through the problem you have. Furthermore, it seems like everything you're complaining about is now in the past and doesn't need to be re-debated. If you don't like the way the tournament is running, either drop out of the tournament or do not join new tournaments by this organizer in the future. No rules appear to have been outright broken either.

VioIet, there are some valid critiques of your tournament that you should listen to. If tournament games have not started within 14 days, they are automatically dropped by the site. This means that only checking already-made games weekly to see if they started probably isn't a good idea as too many games could drop, which would just cause you and the players more headaches. Anytime I send out invites for a new round, I check the games every 24-48 hours to make sure they have gotten started and re-invite anyone who hasn't joined. Once the games have started, then I tend to only do completion checks every 1-2 weeks, but getting the games started in a timely manner is crucial.

Also, it's up to you whether or not you post a running tally of the standings in the middle of a round, but you do want to make new status-update posts in your thread at least every couple of weeks. They can be things as simple as "Half the games have been completed" or "5 games for this round are still active" or "Invitations for the 2nd set of games have been sent", but they help people quickly know what is going on without having to dig through old posts to see if one has been edited or not.
Major Night Strike

Postby GoranZ on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Night Strike wrote:I just read through the entire thread, and how many times has the exact same thing been discussed?! Sheesh!

GoranZ, you have to quit flaming in the thread.
There are new issues now, ranking is wrong :D. And it is probably intentional. Unfinished game has been rewarded to a team, what's more interesting they won't win it :)... So yes I'm flaming the thread but someone else is the trigger ;)

Night Strike wrote:Your personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you is not conducive to working through the problem you have.
Hmm we solved the problem on our own, even what was proposed as a solution to us was quite unfair. The proposed solution was to replay some of our games in a situation when we had solid lead in 6 games, 2 vs every other competitor + qualification in next round.

Night Strike wrote:If you don't like the way the tournament is running, either drop out of the tournament or do not join new tournaments by this organizer in the future.
I join the tourney because I like the map, not because I like the organizer. I play interesting games and I make quite large points profit from joining it :)...
Out of all problems I mentioned you didn't find a single one that is invalid and your first proposal is to drop of the tourney... Strange proposal from Tournament Director.
On top considering that 1 round lasts for 3 months on average if there is tiebreaker the tourney will last over 1 year(meaning the winner wont get their medals :) ). I don't need to drop it, when the tourney will drop on its own.

Night Strike wrote:No rules appear to have been outright broken either.
Over 1 month thread inactivity is according to the rules? Hmm ok...

Night Strike wrote:VioIet, there are some valid critiques of your tournament that you should listen to. If tournament games have not started within 14 days, they are automatically dropped by the site. This means that only checking already-made games weekly to see if they started probably isn't a good idea as too many games could drop, which would just cause you and the players more headaches. Anytime I send out invites for a new round, I check the games every 24-48 hours to make sure they have gotten started and re-invite anyone who hasn't joined. Once the games have started, then I tend to only do completion checks every 1-2 weeks, but getting the games started in a timely manner is crucial.

Also, it's up to you whether or not you post a running tally of the standings in the middle of a round, but you do want to make new status-update posts in your thread at least every couple of weeks. They can be things as simple as "Half the games have been completed" or "5 games for this round are still active" or "Invitations for the 2nd set of games have been sent", but they help people quickly know what is going on without having to dig through old posts to see if one has been edited or not.
ty if all this is done(especially the invitation part) then current problems will be instantly solved.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:41 pm

GoranZ wrote:
Night Strike wrote:I just read through the entire thread, and how many times has the exact same thing been discussed?! Sheesh!

GoranZ, you have to quit flaming in the thread.
There are new issues now, ranking is wrong :D. And it is probably intentional. Unfinished game has been rewarded to a team, what's more interesting they won't win it :)... So yes I'm flaming the thread but someone else is the trigger ;)

1) You're still flaming the thread regardless
2) He has a point, you love to beat the dead horse.. lol.

GoranZ wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Your personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you is not conducive to working through the problem you have.
Hmm we solved the problem on our own, even what was proposed as a solution to us was quite unfair. The proposed solution was to replay some of our games in a situation when we had solid lead in 6 games, 2 vs every other competitor + qualification in next round.

Bolded the important part bud, seems you skimmed over that one.

GoranZ wrote:
Night Strike wrote:If you don't like the way the tournament is running, either drop out of the tournament or do not join new tournaments by this organizer in the future.
I join the tourney because I like the map, not because I like the organizer. I play interesting games and I make quite large points profit from joining it :)...
Out of all problems I mentioned you didn't find a single one that is invalid and your first proposal is to drop of the tourney... Strange proposal from Tournament Director.
On top considering that 1 round lasts for 3 months on average if there is tiebreaker the tourney will last over 1 year(meaning the winner wont get their medals :) ). I don't need to drop it, when the tourney will drop on its own.

Again you miss the point. If you do not care who the TO is and how they run it WHY ARE YOU CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERYTHING? You say you join for points, then join for points. Again I'll refer back to this post:

GoranZ wrote:The proposed solution was to replay some of our games in a situation when we had solid lead in 6 games, 2 vs every other competitor + qualification in next round.

If you were joining for points, wouldn't you WANT this?..

GoranZ wrote:
Night Strike wrote:No rules appear to have been outright broken either.
Over 1 month thread inactivity is according to the rules? Hmm ok...

No, again beating the dead horse.. the TD's have no problems with being lenient with TO's, especially with a set up like this where it will be a while before round 1 finishes. The rules haven't been TOTALLY broken, is what outright means.

GoranZ wrote:
Night Strike wrote:VioIet, there are some valid critiques of your tournament that you should listen to. If tournament games have not started within 14 days, they are automatically dropped by the site. This means that only checking already-made games weekly to see if they started probably isn't a good idea as too many games could drop, which would just cause you and the players more headaches. Anytime I send out invites for a new round, I check the games every 24-48 hours to make sure they have gotten started and re-invite anyone who hasn't joined. Once the games have started, then I tend to only do completion checks every 1-2 weeks, but getting the games started in a timely manner is crucial.

ty if all this is done(especially the invitation part) then current problems will be instantly solved.

Agreed, for once. I do agree this tourney wasnt run as smoothly as possible, HOWEVER I do think that without Goran making such a fuss about every little thing it would have been able to run smoother.

Also on a side not I laughed REALLY hard at that thread you made about rating TO's bud.. funny stuff :lol:. Its obvious you're a tad butthurt over this whole thing. A life lesson for you good sir.

Have a wonderful day :).
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby GoranZ on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Hahahaha NoSurvivors there is no challenge in beating you. You are no better then the dead horse you are mentioning. Even my reply is waste of time.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:04 am

GoranZ wrote:Hahahaha NoSurvivors there is no challenge in beating you. You are no better then the dead horse you are mentioning. Even my reply is waste of time.

OMG. You did not just go there.. my fragile little ego.. holy crap my whole arguement is ruined because I SUCK AT RISK D:!!! I might need to take a break from this site, too many people beating me down here.. oh wait.. its just one prick who's never played me before, nvm! :)

I have some thoughts Goran. What made you:

1) come to the assumption that you could easily beat me
2) not reply to a single one of my points
3) tell me im no better than the dead horse (which was actually an analogy, not sure you got that, but yeah..) when you have never played me before?
4) bless me with the HONOR it is to be in your presence, when its already known that any reply from YOU is so wonderful. It made my day. (that was sarcasm, if you didnt catch it..)
5) instead of making a rebuddle, you choose to say "OH YEA? WELL YOU SUCK! SO HAH!".. cmon dude.. that's like making "yo mama" jokes at a knock knock convention.. IRRELEVANT.

If you really want to make a point of how you're so superior at this game then this is not the forum for that, but well, I shouldnt have to tell you, cos you know.. youre so great.. :roll:.

As for the topic, I would at least like to see you tell me im right, before changing the subject. And an apology for being a complete douchebag would also be nice to Vio. :)

I hope all your wishes come true and you roll straight 6's from now on, because I KNOW how much it means to you to win <3.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby VioIet on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:26 am

Thank you for your post Night Strike. I appreciate your insight. I will respond to a few things however.

I disagree with the invite thing, as I seem to have to keep stating. I do my job by sending out the invite the first time. I do not see how it is my responsibility if another player misses their invite. It takes a lot of time to send out all those invites in the first place, and I certainly don't appreciate having to go back and re-send invites that I already sent in the first place.
I'm actually quite bewildered that I'm expected to constantly re-send invites when players delete them. I'm sorry if that is what everyone expects, but I will not do that. I am pretty firm on that.

Night Strike wrote:Also, it's up to you whether or not you post a running tally of the standings in the middle of a round, but you do want to make new status-update posts in your thread at least every couple of weeks. They can be things as simple as "Half the games have been completed" or "5 games for this round are still active" or "Invitations for the 2nd set of games have been sent", but they help people quickly know what is going on without having to dig through old posts to see if one has been edited or not.

I thought that's what I had been doing this entire time. Unfortunately, most of it is in between or within the posts between me and Goranz. But I prefer to post the complete standings at the end of each round.

Goranz, you are pretty much trolling at this point. I see no need to continue the back and forth, as it accomplishes nothing. However, I will respond to two things:

GoranZ wrote:Reason why your teammate missed your invite was because your team had 5 wins and you were waiting to see if your team will have enough wins to qualify for the next round... If you like I can prepare preliminary evidence and send it to Tournament Director.

You are really grasping for straws here. We had not won any games by that point. Also, even if we had- waiting to see if we qualify has nothing to do with anything. You qualify to go to the next round by winning games enough games. The timing of accepting the invite has nothing to do with the outcome about whether you qualify or not. Its about skill level at this map, and how much you can win. The two teams that win the most in each group will advance.

But anyway, go ahead and send your preliminary evidence to a TD. And make a C&A report while you're at it.

GoranZ wrote:
Second page? You are probably the only TO that puts the current standings on second page without linking them to the first post. And your info on second page is not even accurate.
VioIet wrote:
Group 3
14. Hook2, darkseb, checker555 - 6 wins (advances)
4.momo33, QuikSilver and ttblanch- 3 wins
15. ubcman64, codierose, RKCVED - 3 wins
2. chapcrap, GoranZ, and mviola- 6 wins (advances)

Team No.14 never had and it seems then never will have 6 victories, so stop taking victories from us.

The wins were an estimation that I did about two weeks ago.
This is also another reason why I prefer to wait until the end of the round, before posting standings. Anytime I post standings mid-way- I have to guess as far as who will win what game, and sometimes I can be wrong. That's what happened in the last tourney, so I did not want to do that again. I get the most accurate results once the round is completely over.

Also, since I don't have the standings on the first or second post (which is ideal), the next most logical place to post them is at the end of the thread. At that point in time, page 2 was the end of the thread. There have just been a lot of posts since then. I already stated that I was going to repost that information at the end of the thread, once Round 1 was over. I am also going to try to work on that chart that greenoaks showed me.

Once I go through the standings again, I will re-count, and change any mistakes that I may have made. Also if anyone else notices a mistake, they can politely bring it to my attention, and I will correct it.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:53 am

Well I looked at the standings and took the liberty of attempting a chart of where all the teams are currently at.. the (*) is the groups that arent done yet.. correct me if im wrong.. here ya go!

Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby greenoaks on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:48 am

the bigimg tags work better for pics this size
Last edited by greenoaks on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby benga on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 am

OMG you are guessing who the winners of the games will be!!!!!!!

AND YOU DON'T DO REINVITES!!!!!!
Sergeant benga

Postby mviola on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 am

You're absolutely set on doing this your way, aren't you?

Clearly, it's not working.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby Night Strike on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 am

VioIet wrote:Thank you for your post Night Strike. I appreciate your insight. I will respond to a few things however.

I disagree with the invite thing, as I seem to have to keep stating. I do my job by sending out the invite the first time. I do not see how it is my responsibility if another player misses their invite. It takes a lot of time to send out all those invites in the first place, and I certainly don't appreciate having to go back and re-send invites that I already sent in the first place.
I'm actually quite bewildered that I'm expected to constantly re-send invites when players delete them. I'm sorry if that is what everyone expects, but I will not do that. I am pretty firm on that.

Although you're technically in the rules by only sending out 1 invitation, you're in pretty poor taste doing so as an organizer. If that's the way you're going to run your tournaments, then you need to clearly state what will happen to any team that misses an invitation. You can't keep doing this "I may or may not send out another invitation a week later" and "I may or may not remake the games if they automatically delete". And people didn't necessarily decline invitations: they expire after 24 hours. By the way, resending invitations is part of the territory of being a tournament organizer. You either need to accept it or clearly inform your players that you won't tolerate it and clearly post what the penalties will be.

VioIet wrote:The wins were an estimation that I did about two weeks ago.
This is also another reason why I prefer to wait until the end of the round, before posting standings. Anytime I post standings mid-way- I have to guess as far as who will win what game, and sometimes I can be wrong. That's what happened in the last tourney, so I did not want to do that again. I get the most accurate results once the round is completely over.

What's wrong with just tallying up completed games? There's no reason to guess outcomes on anything.
Major Night Strike

Postby VioIet on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:43 am

mviola wrote:You're absolutely set on doing this your way, aren't you?

Absolutely.

mviola wrote:Clearly, it's not working.

That's a matter of opinion. It works great for me.

Night Strike wrote:Although you're technically in the rules by only sending out 1 invitation, you're in pretty poor taste doing so as an organizer. If that's the way you're going to run your tournaments, then you need to clearly state what will happen to any team that misses an invitation. You can't keep doing this "I may or may not send out another invitation a week later" and "I may or may not remake the games if they automatically delete". And people didn't necessarily decline invitations: they expire after 24 hours. By the way, resending invitations is part of the territory of being a tournament organizer. You either need to accept it or clearly inform your players that you won't tolerate it and clearly post what the penalties will be.

I agree with you, that I should inform players of my policy on missed invites. It wasn't a big deal in the last tourney, and seemed to be better understood. So I didn't think it was necessary. But as its become a big deal this time around- clearly it is. I will include a disclaimer about that in the third tourney. In fact, I will add it to the OP as well in this tourney. Hopefully that will once and for all clear up the issues about the invites. Had I stated that in the OP- there probably wouldn't have been as much drama in this thread. But like I said, I didn't know until retrospect that it would be such a great issue here amongst some teams.

Also, just noting- I've participated in tourneys where if you miss your invite- you are out. No excuses. I am not going to be that harsh, but I think its perfectly fair that if you miss, you have to wait sometime until your game is re-made. And yes I understand that there a variety of reasons for misses. I know that 99% of the time, it is unintentional, and the invite just expires before the player realizes. It's happened to me plenty of times. I've missed invites without even knowing it, so I perfectly understand how it can happen.

I will also state that TO's who re-send invites over and over must have a lot more time on their hands and a lot more patience than I do. If not doing so makes me in poor taste, then oh well.

Also, I will respond in detail to this part:

Night Strike wrote:You can't keep doing this "I may or may not send out another invitation a week later" and "I may or may not remake the games if they automatically delete".

I never said anything such thing, so please don't misquote me. To loosely paraphrase, I said that, "I don't typically re-send invites. If you miss then you have to wait til the end of the round for your game to be remade. I have made exceptions when a player has politely pm'd me, informing me that they missed the invite and would like me to re-send it to them."

I believe that is nearly verbatim to what I've said in many posts in this thread. To me, that seems very clear and fair, and I'm not sure what about that is not being understood. But like I said, I'll make a disclaimer to clear this up once and for all.

Night Strike wrote:What's wrong with just tallying up completed games? There's no reason to guess outcomes on anything.

There is nothing wrong with tallying up the completed games, imo. That's what I've been doing all along. It just hasn't been enough for some people, as I've been asked for the complete standings, despite my posting of the current wins as they came.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby VioIet on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:07 am

It is time for the second round to begin. Thank you everyone for participating so far and congratulations to all the teams who made it to the quarter-finals! Those who advanced to the second round, prepare to receive your invites within the next three-four weeks.

Here will be the groupings for the second round:

Group A
7. Kingm, hmsps,EddieMay -
8. BGtheBrain, TheJonah, TheCrown-
11. VioIet & Falkomagno & jsnyder748 -
14. Hook2, darkseb, checker555 -

Group B
5. dragonz20, silvanus, donovan THE DARK-
2. chapcrap, GoranZ, and mviola-
6. anonymus genoke DJ Teflon-
13.Benga, Jug68,VJ.-

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby GoranZ on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 am

VioIet wrote:I will also state that TO's who re-send invites over and over must have a lot more time on their hands and a lot more patience than I do.

Over and Over? What are you talking about. No one is sending invites over and over. They send 2 within 48 hours(and thats it)

VioIet wrote:Also, I will respond in detail to this part:

Night Strike wrote:You can't keep doing this "I may or may not send out another invitation a week later" and "I may or may not remake the games if they automatically delete".

I never said anything such thing, so please don't misquote me. To loosely paraphrase, I said that, "I don't typically re-send invites. If you miss then you have to wait til the end of the round for your game to be remade.

Hmm lets look your approach from players perspective: Opponent misses an invite, you don't resend the invite within 48 hours game gets deleted and when you resend the invite players to the team that originally joined, don't join the new game. The excuse will be simple: "We don't have time now, we will have next month".(USING EXACTLY YOUR EXCUSE TO NOT RESEND INVITES...). What we do in this case? Even TD wont be able to moderate this problem that you create in the first place.

Violet what you do is exactly what Night Strike says... you send your reinvites after one, two, tree or even four weeks. That is obviously way too much anyway you look at it. On top the time is random, so players cant make any plans for their future games.

VioIet wrote:
Night Strike wrote:What's wrong with just tallying up completed games? There's no reason to guess outcomes on anything.

There is nothing wrong with tallying up the completed games, imo. That's what I've been doing all along. It just hasn't been enough for some people, as I've been asked for the complete standings, despite my posting of the current wins as they came.

Who are those "some people"?
BTW To my understanding "complete standings" means standings of completed games, while uncompleted go in "To Be Determined" section.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby benga on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:01 am

I see that you have fixed you quaterfinals group so that you won't play Goran :)

Anyway hf all in quarters!
Sergeant benga

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013