Conquer Club

Splitting 1yr Premium between players

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

premium membership

Postby eddie2 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Concise description:
  • The ability 2 purchase 1 years membership and split it up between players as gifts

Specifics/Details:
  • at present i want 2 purchase premium for some fellow clan members who are freemium.we have 3 members but i dont want 2 buy just for 1. but am not willing 2 pay for 3 premiums for them

it will help when buying premium for players in clans. making it more fair than having 2 pick one player 2 recieve it. i think it will help more players 2 experiance premium membership and matbe encorage them 2 buy it them selfs
  • xxxxxxx
Major eddie2

Re: premium membership

Postby jefjef on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Perhaps suggest 6 month premium option.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby eddie2 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:07 pm

jefjef wrote:Perhaps suggest 6 month premium option.

has already been refused buying only 1 3 6 9 months premium my sug is you buy 12 months and can hand it out in 3, 4, 6 month batchs it is already avalible for tourney organisers im just thinking it should be avalible for clans and user groups as well.
Major eddie2

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Is "to" really that hard to type? I kept trying to figure out why you put the number "2" so many times in a sentence...
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby eddie2 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Is "to" really that hard to type? I kept trying to figure out why you put the number "2" so many times in a sentence...

sorry i am used TO it from text messaging lol
Major eddie2

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:21 pm

EddieTo
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby natty dread on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Is "to" really that hard to type? I kept trying to figure out why you put the number "2" so many times in a sentence...

It's troll language.

True story!
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby amazzony on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:04 am

It would be nice but I think lack has a reason why he has kept it like that and why the idea (or a similar one) has been rejected before.
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Splitting 1yr Premium between players

Postby Little Witt on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Concise description:
  • The ability to divide the twelve months of premium bought by a person among a certain amount of players.

Specifics/Details:
  • Player X would buy twelve months of premium and would have the chose to gift a certain amount of months of premium to another player(s) while keeping the rest for him/herself to enjoy. In order for the player being gifted a few months of premium s/he must have completed a certain amount of games and had a clear C/A record. This I think will lower any abuse that might arise/list]

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
    • This will allow players to gift membership to other players while still receiving their membership and I think will keep players in CC. This would let players split a years worth of premium with his friends so that they may all have a taste of premium membership and possibly buy their own full year of premium membership.

show: My other two suggestions
Last edited by Little Witt on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Re: Splitting premium between given amount of people

Postby greenoaks on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Little Witt wrote:Concise description:
  • The ability to divide the twelve months of premium bought by a person among a certain amount of players.

Specifics/Details:
  • Player X would buy twelve months of premium and would have the chose to gift a certain amount of months of premium to another player(s) while keeping the rest for him/herself to enjoy. In order for the player being gifted a few months of premium s/he must have completed a certain amount of games and had a clear C/A record. This I think will lower any abuse that might arise/list]

• This will allow players to gift membership to other players while still receiving their membership and I think will keep players in CC. This would let players split a years worth of premium with his friends so that they may all have a taste of premium membership and possibly buy their own full year of premium membership.

we already have this option.

if you purchase 24 months you can split it with 1 other and if you pay for 36 months it can be split evenly with 2 others.
Sergeant greenoaks

Please close

Postby Little Witt on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 am

greenoaks wrote:

Specifics/Details:

if you purchase 24 months you can split it with 1 other and if you pay for 36 months it can be split evenly with 2 others.

Oh, I posted a question about his in the Q/A forum and I was told by many people there was no such option. No one told me ever that there was. Ok, thanks

Postby blakebowling on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 am

greenoaks wrote:

Specifics/Details:

False. There is no way to split a premium membership between multiple accounts.
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:04 pm

blakebowling wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Specifics/Details:

False, reread my comment.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:05 pm

greenoaks wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Specifics/Details:

False, reread my comment.

The OP is asking to split one membership between multiple accounts. Your answer (while technically correct) is telling him to buy one membership for each account, however it makes it seem that he can split up the time.
Private blakebowling

Re: Splitting 1yr Premium between players

Postby Little Witt on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm asking for an option to buy a 1yr premium membership and be able to split it with two players...e.g. my brotherand I

Postby greenoaks on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:11 am

Little Witt wrote:I'm asking for an option to buy a 1yr premium membership and be able to split it with two players...e.g. my brotherand I

we know

if you want to share membership with your brother all you need to do is purchase 24 months
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:25 am

greenoaks wrote:
Little Witt wrote:I'm asking for an option to buy a 1yr premium membership and be able to split it with two players...e.g. my brotherand I

we know

if you want to share membership with your brother all you need to do is purchase 24 months

But what you are asking, no you cannot buy one year and split that. You need to buy 1 year each.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Little Witt on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 am

All it would be is... Player buys premium, option when buying is to give some of it to another player. No more than 6 months, no less than 1 month. Nothing to hard to put in.

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:50 am

Little Witt wrote:All it would be is... Player buys premium, option when buying is to give some of it to another player. No more than 6 months, no less than 1 month. Nothing to hard to put in.

But you then run the risk of mistakes happening. Say you wanted to give 6 months to me ;) but you accentually gave it to chapcrap :( , I end up with no premium, you end up with having to send an e ticket and the admins need to sort the problem out. And before you say that would never happen, it will, more mistakes happen like this. Admins have enough to do without having to try and sort little things like this out. And what to say to chapcrap when his disappears after joining a 100 games. So many ways to abuse this, it will never happen.

On another note, why not spend the 50$ for two premiums? What is so expensive about that. Christmas is coming, put it on your Santa list. :mrgreen:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:09 am

koontz1973 wrote:
Little Witt wrote:All it would be is... Player buys premium, option when buying is to give some of it to another player. No more than 6 months, no less than 1 month. Nothing to hard to put in.

But you then run the risk of mistakes happening. Say you wanted to give 6 months to me ;) but you accentually gave it to chapcrap :( , I end up with no premium, you end up with having to send an e ticket and the admins need to sort the problem out. And before you say that would never happen, it will, more mistakes happen like this. Admins have enough to do without having to try and sort little things like this out. And what to say to chapcrap when his disappears after joining a 100 games. So many ways to abuse this, it will never happen.

On another note, why not spend the 50$ for two premiums? What is so expensive about that. Christmas is coming, put it on your Santa list. :mrgreen:

First of all, yay premium!!!!

Secondly, I don't think that's good logic to not do this suggestion. However, I don't think splitting a year will be something that is allowed. However, I think that being able to buy premium in smaller chunks at a more expensive rate should be looked at.

Maybe look here for some similar ideas (oldest to newest):
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:21 pm

the problem with buying in smaller chunks is game loading.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:52 pm

greenoaks wrote:the problem with buying in smaller chunks is game loading.

That may be true, but with a price increase, the game loading wouldn't really save anyone much money. I would not offer anything below 3 months. I may try something like:

• 3 months for $10
  • 6 months for $18
  • 12 months for $30
  • 24 months for $50
  • 5 years for $100

A little price increase for the normal year, but I think that's reasonable after more than 6 years. Not only that, the smaller chunks should bring more money.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:36 pm

3 months for $10

at the end of the 3 months, join a ton of games. stay freemium for 3 months.
buy another 3 months, at the end of that 3 mths join a ton of games again.

at the 12 month anniversay CC has made $20 yet yearly membership is $25 and $30 under your pricing.

in short, CC loses.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 pm

greenoaks wrote:3 months for $10

at the end of the 3 months, join a ton of games. stay freemium for 3 months.
buy another 3 months, at the end of that 3 mths join a ton of games again.

at the 12 month anniversay CC has made $20 yet yearly membership is $25 and $30 under your pricing.

in short, CC loses.

I don't have games that last 3 months. I don't know what time is like where you live, but even my slowest games usually only last 5 or 6 weeks unless it's a dead locked game or something. I mean, I agree with you that something like that could happen. But, if it did, I don't think people are going to wait 3 months to get premium again. My guess is a week or two.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

for you and i perhaps but we are prepared to pay to be here.

i just feel that those who already bludge off the rest of us are more likely to find a way to minimise what they pay by doing something like what i described.
Sergeant greenoaks

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions