Conquer Club

Is Not Using Fossil Fuels an Insult to God?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is Not Using Fossil Fuels an Insult to God?

Postby pimpdave on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:23 pm

According to Christianity, using fossil fuels is commanded by God, but I wonder if their interpretation is wrong. There's lots of evidence from science showing that fossil fuels can be very poisonous to the environment and that hurts our homes and our lives! What do you guys think, is science or religion right?

jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Re: Is Not Using Fossil Fuels an Insult to God?

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Welcome back, pimpdave.
I'll have to say the OP paints a very leading question and is therefore quite biased. That being said, I think that if everyone acted like a christian the major issues of pollution wouldn't exist in the first place.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby crispybits on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Only because we would have exterminated everyone who isn't a Christian, and then exterminated everyone who isn't quite the same flavour of Christian as us because they're "not really Christians" and there would only be about 100 people left alive to cause pollution :twisted: :lol:
Major crispybits

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:43 pm

crispybits wrote:Only because we would have exterminated everyone who isn't a Christian, and then exterminated everyone who isn't quite the same flavour of Christian as us because they're "not really Christians" and there would only be about 100 people left alive to cause pollution :twisted: :lol:

Yup. That's Christianity! CONVERT OR DIE!!!!!!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:46 pm

crispybits wrote:Only because we would have exterminated everyone who isn't a Christian, and then exterminated everyone who isn't quite the same flavour of Christian as us because they're "not really Christians" and there would only be about 100 people left alive to cause pollution :twisted: :lol:

Once a true Christian found out that the pollution that he/she was creating was harming his fellow man he would do what he could to prevent this harm. Exterminating everyone who isn't a Christian isn't a Christian belief. You are confusing Christian beliefs from the beliefs of certain individual "Christians", as is the OP.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby crispybits on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:24 pm

I would say that you're confusing whatever you are pinning on "Christian" with actual biblical teachings, which if followed would result in a dramatic depopulation of the world in pretty short order.

That, or my comments were flippant and meant for humour value only, I'll leave it to you to decide which you want to believe :wink:
Major crispybits

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Which Christian teachings say we should use Fossil Fuels? Which scientific theories propose that we shouldn't?

I use fossil fuels because ethics tells me it's ok, irrespective of science or religion.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby crispybits on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Young-Earth Creationists definitely shouldn't call them fossil fuels at least.... there's no way 6000 years is long enough for fossils to melt like that :lol:
Major crispybits

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Christians used a lot of fossil fuels during the Dark Ages for boiling scientists and atheists:

Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:57 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:Christians used a lot of fossil fuels during the Dark Ages for boiling scientists and atheists:

It's so "in" to knock Christians that anyone criticizing them just looks like looks another poser to anyone but the many others who do it to fit in. Try having an original thought ; it's so much more engaging.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:34 am

The opinions in the video are borderline insane.
And on the wrong side of that border.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby chang50 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:Christians used a lot of fossil fuels during the Dark Ages for boiling scientists and atheists:

It's so "in" to knock Christians that anyone criticizing them just looks like looks another poser to anyone but the many others who do it to fit in. Try having an original thought ; it's so much more engaging.

Well after nearly 2000 years of it being normal to do more than 'knock' atheists,I'm talking about murdering them here,excuse me if I don't care about mere criticism,only words.Btw there is nothing original about defending Christianity either,original thought is extremely rare.
Captain chang50

Postby chang50 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:50 am

Phatscotty wrote:

Yup. That's Christianity! CONVERT OR DIE!!!!!!

Until very recently that sadly was the case..
Captain chang50

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:23 am

chang50 wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

Well after nearly 2000 years of it being normal to do more than 'knock' atheists,I'm talking about murdering them here,excuse me if I don't care about mere criticism,only words.Btw there is nothing original about defending Christianity either,original thought is extremely rare.

I'm defending the thing currently being unjustly attacked, the subject matter is more or less irrelevant. Someone acting ignorantly towards Christianity is no better than someone acting ignorantly towards atheism, it is ignorance that resulted in the killing of the aforementioned people and its ignorance that I am railing against. As far as original thoughts, I would settle even for "more thoughtful".
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Welcome back, pimpdave.
I'll have to say the OP paints a very leading question and is therefore quite biased. That being said, I think that if everyone acted like a christian the major issues of pollution wouldn't exist in the first place.

wut? "if everyone acted like a christian?" are christians the only ones enlightened by some sort of moral/ethics acording to you? Are there more christians with moral/ethics than the average world poplulation according to you?
Major betiko

Postby oVo on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:45 am

No, it's simply that Christians were the center of this conversation.

There are no shortage of religions that if practiced as taught
would also right this ship and make this World a better place
for all it's inhabitants.
Major oVo

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 am

oVo wrote:No, it's simply that Christians were the center of this conversation.

There are no shortage of religions that if practiced as taught
would also right this ship and make this World a better place
for all it's inhabitants.

humm no. religions are the ones that have made this world so fucked up since milleniums. Smart and decent people make a better world not religious ones (although you can be religious smart and decent, religious wouldn't be your prime quality). Look at this video... full grown men trying to pull the blanket their way to justify whatever actions and interests they have/do thanks to their imaginary friend, god. This gives them rights to feel superior to others, be in possession of irrefutable truth, because of the way they interpretate an old book. Do you really think only religion can teach you values?

Could americans vote for a godless president?
Major betiko

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 am

I take umbrage with this chart.

The Greek advancements should be much higher... certainly better than the Romans.

To answer pimpdave's question, yes, not using fossil fuels is an insult to God. God put these fossils on earth for us to use and consume. It would be insulting for us not to use and consume them as quickly as possible. The Bible specifically states "Verily, Hosiah and Bartholemew shalt thou usest the earth and what lies therein to powerith thoust all terrain vehicles and Escalades."
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 am

I think we have to make sure there's no resources left at all when jesus comes back and takes the "Nice" list off to Heaven. Otherwise it's wasted.
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:09 am

jonesthecurl wrote:I think we have to make sure there's no resources left at all when jesus comes back and takes the "Nice" list off to Heaven. Otherwise it's wasted.

We at least have to use it all up before May.

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 am

You work on the fossil fuels. I'll use up all the beer.
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

I think it's also interesting that while the chart shows no scientific advances during the "Christian Era" the caption makes the false assumption that is was Christianity itself that was to blame for the decrease in scientific advancement when there is not necessarily causation. It also may be worth noting that the Romans, for all their wisdom, used lead in many of their households that ended up being of great detriment to their health. Today we use a number of harmful materials in building materials and household items produced by "science". I wonder how long till history repeats itself?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

I think it's also interesting that while the chart shows no scientific advances during the "Christian Era" the caption makes the false assumption that is was Christianity itself that was to blame for the decrease in scientific advancement when there is not necessarily causation. It also may be worth noting that the Romans, for all their wisdom, used lead in many of their households that ended up being of great detriment to their health. Today we use a number of harmful materials in building materials and household items produced by "science". I wonder how long till history repeats itself?

To be serious, the argument that Christianity either held back or did not advance science is pretty dumb.

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 pm

thegreekdog wrote:To be serious, the argument that Christianity either held back or did not advance science is pretty dumb.

Galileo didn't think so.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:To be serious, the argument that Christianity either held back or did not advance science is pretty dumb.

Galileo didn't think so.

No, he died. The Greeks figured it out way before Galileo anyway.

And unfortunately, his scientific ideas never came to fruition like immediately after he had them. His ideas died with him and it took us nearly 300 years to figure out that the earth revolved around the sun. Just think, if the Catholic Church hadn't killed him for publishing his theories, we would have known before 1957 that the Earth revolved around the sun. Think of all the scientific advancement lost! Oh the horror![/sarcasm]

EDIT - I'm really upset with myself. I made a deal never to respond seriously to pimpdave's threads. He's won again! Curses!

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,