Conquer Club

conditional border

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

conditional border

Postby Oneyed on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:22 am

it is possible to code that if one player holds combination "X" of regions the "Y" border will be not possible to cross for every players?

and if this player lost "X" combination the "Y" border will be again possible to cross?

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: conditional border

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 am

Not directly, if i got it right you want a passive conditional.
But it's possible to code something to work in that way. Conditional are not coded on players but only taking into account regions. So I think all you need to do is to code the X regions as conditional for Y to be able to attack, all the players who don't hold X won't be able to cross Y.....
But be aware is not because you hold X but because the others don't.

I hope it's clear, if not, let me know and I'll make a more clear example this evening when back at home.

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Re: conditional border

Postby Oneyed on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:22 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Not directly, if i got it right you want a passive conditional.

yes, this is my idea.
thenobodies80 wrote:But it's possible to code something to work in that way. Conditional are not coded on players but only taking into account regions. So I think all you need to do is to code the X regions as conditional for Y to be able to attack, all the players who don't hold X won't be able to cross Y.....
But be aware is not because you hold X but because the others don't.

I hope it's clear, if not, let me know and I'll make a more clear example this evening when back at home.

Nobodies

it is clear, thanks :)

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Return to Foundry Discussions