Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Six

Postby jonty125 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:25 pm

betiko wrote:jonty125: probably insane unaligned joat human?

I aren't insane!!
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 pm

betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
Rodion wrote:Kanin, did you comply with spiesr's request and attempt to kill Yoshi?

Can anyone be nice enough to list today's captive minds?

I'm no longer cult.

I roleblocked that kill and I was killed by someone else but resurrected.

Vote vodean

To prove we are no longer cult.

Also, jak was just pumping the numbers up to try to convince people.

fastposted. how is that a proof doom? you're just putting vote #1 on a (ex?)fellow cult... and how did you roleblock a kill? i have no such ability with my role and i'm not the only one..

Dream Action, Obviously.

fastposted

I am not convinced of it doom, that's why I want further info. The only thing I'm convinced of, is that there is a perk to being undead or to what nendreel is doing and we are kept in the dark. The fact that you guys are hidding it doesn't sound good though.

There is no perk. We actually lose all abilities after dying. I originally assumed that I lost all abilities because I got recruited, but that's not the case.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 pm

if that is the perk why not admit it yesterday doom? by all abilities you mean attempt to kill and all yog related questions but you can still dream right?
Major betiko

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:47 pm

betiko wrote:if that is the perk why not admit it yesterday doom? by all abilities you mean attempt to kill and all yog related questions but you can still dream right?

Well he had assumed that it was because he was recruited. This isn't the case though, because Comm was recruited and still had his body-taking ability.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:16 pm

betiko wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
betiko wrote:hey all!
so this proves again there were at least 2 undeads yesterday (doom+?). I'm really starting to wonder what is neendrel doing with his experiments.

Ok chap have you had time to read up to here then? we never had swifte around to explain anything so we are quite curious about your character.

First of all, I didn't replace Swifte.

Second, just because I'm coming into the game doesn't mean I'm just gonna start giving you every piece of information that I know. I'm sorry that LSU was inactive, but that doesn't mean that I will just start spouting my role PM.

Third, I'm mostly caught up, but I read really fast and I'm sure I missed things. I wouldn't mind if someone wrote a synopsis for me. :)

oh well, swifte and lsu got replaced more or less at the same time. Well like it or not chap, you are replacing someone who vanished when he was under pressure, so you will have to deal with it. regarding the synopsis, I think I can just share the list I was sharing with my fellow captive minds last night.

Little Witt: don't know anything about this guy
chapcrap: don't know anything about this guy
Iron Butterfly: I got an unaligned result on him, considered as a major threat by cult, is that good or bad?
thehippo8: what the hell is all this about???
pancakemix: don't know anything about this guy

spiesr: claimed town, don't know more
safariguy5: joat human. hope you're not the remaining cult.
Rodion: undead joat human . considered as a big threat by cult

vodean: cult joat human, probably insane too
jonty125: probably insane unaligned joat human
betiko: unaligned joat human
DoomYoshi: cult undead joat
edocsil: unaligned joat human
rishaed: elder things aligned joat human

Nendreel: unaligned reviver, has a buddy

Kanin Usagi: masoned alien, survivor
Commander9: masoned alien, cult aligned
new guy1: masoned alien, survivor

@kanin: so you didn't manage to take over a new body last night and can't tell who you targeted?

I'm not replacing someone who disappeared under pressure. I'm replacing someone who had 3 total posts after day 1. He's just a big inactive, nothing more.

Thanks for the synopsis. I think it helps everyone, not just me.

It sounds like all undead have no abilities though. Is that true, Doom? Do you have no abilities? Or did you just lose the old ones and get new ones?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 pm

who do you guys think is nendreel's buddy? for me it could only be pcm... I don't think it could be IB and nendreel's buddy has been active while swifte and lsu wer inactive.

also we might want to ask a prod for pcm and edoc who haven't said almost anything yesterday?
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:12 pm

betiko wrote:if that is the perk why not admit it yesterday doom? by all abilities you mean attempt to kill and all yog related questions but you can still dream right?

No, I got my roleblock a long time ago but had no use for it until now.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:15 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

No, I got my roleblock a long time ago but had no use for it until now.

EBWOP: to clarify. I have no abilities now. I am actually a vanilla. Which is what I claimed day 1 lol. I haven't had any powers since my first death and my recruitment.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:29 pm

I am in your body IB. He is no threat to town, he is a human that can ask yog questions for answers. He is clear in my book. This confirms that (from what I know) IB and rodion are not partners like Jak thought.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:42 pm

I've been finally freed, but obviously I couldn't get any night actions. So apparently the cult dies with the leader? The lack of NK's worries me a bit, I feel like either we're getting very lucky with the saves or there might be multiple cult like factions.
Captain safariguy5

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:42 pm

new guy1 wrote:I am in your body IB. He is no threat to town, he is a human that can ask yog questions for answers. He is clear in my book. This confirms that (from what I know) IB and rodion are not partners like Jak thought.

so IB would be yet another yoshi human? god it took some time to learn that!!! :lol: :lol: god IB is conservative!!
ng, I don't remember if you can see player's alignment? because from the message I got from / once i got released I could only know what jonty's role did, nothing about alignment or state. Is that an info only given to you guys?

@ safari: no, I don't see how you can come up to that conclusion about cult. obviously doom isn't going to say he is still cult. It is possible, but we'll need to kill one at some point to see if his name shows in red or not.. But it's curious to see that you are the one coming to that fast semi-conclusion.

And no, we are not getting very lucky. nendreel and his partner know that doom and rodion would be targets of choice by town/survivors on one side and by remaining cult on the other. They are up to something and just want fresh bodies for their formula and their undead army. And saving a cult rather than trying to save any other human with more town value is a strange play.
Major betiko

Postby new guy1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:49 pm

The only information we get is what they can do. We dont get names, role names, alignment, etc. Only the powers of the player. Based on what everyone has said about the possible roles, I can assume the different alignments and such because of the information everyone else has supplied of the roles. I can not confirm alignments, only the roles.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Night One Scene

Many unknown creatures converged that night, amphibious humanoids walked upon land, seeking the means to free their master, winged creatures flew in from the stars beyond, and some in the minds of mankind, unseen by physical senses.
Most notably, the former masters and creators of the Shoggoth spread their wing-like appendages on the surface for the first time since the last ice age, their cilia extend and search for their target, and in a blinding speed they fly through the air. A sleeping homeless man was their unfortunate target of choice tonight, they set upon him, their teeth blooming like flowers from their starfish-like heads.

I believe we have two cults left. We have the Black Brotherhood, who as I said earlier were a terrorist group dedicated to releasing the Old Ones.

The red sentence in the night scene has been pretty much ignored. There is only one group of amphibious humanoids in Lovecraft lore. The plot line involved with this group is here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow_Over_Innsmouth

The Cult itself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_Order_of_Dagon

We killed the Black Brotherhood leader, which tells me there may be more.
We have seen the "Amphibious Humanoids" in the Night scene and they are trying to free someone.
Cold Hippos be tied to this?

I also believe we have the ability to pray to Yogsothoth for a reason as he may be in game and needs to be released.

VODEAN is guilty of lying....He stated his ramblings were random. On day two after the Town Dreamer King was killed he kept saying.

Y'AI'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH

He kept repeating it every time he posted. His initial reasoning was that he was trying to raise him BUT the statement also shows that his ramblings were NOT random.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yog-Sothoth

Something to chew on people. we may have killed a couple of cult leadesr and the Elderthing faction but the game is far from over. We have 18 still playing and several mysteries left.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:01 pm

I thought we already discussed this on day 2... vodean's words were absolutely not random, he was making some yog incantations to revive soundman that didn't work.

regarding the ugly fishman like creature, what surprises me is that / describes several. Only 1 makes a kill anyway so it doesn't really makes much sense, I'd say it's the real character of a yoshi human, like jonty who is the prince of arya.

regarding the black brotherhood, if there is a leader i would really be surprised he was on his own. also when strike died, he had a black coulour name, pretty strange. he was killed night 2 so he might have converted up to 2 guys. I kind if wonder if it's hippo related as well (who has been posting elsewhere tonight in mafia forums)
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15 pm

I know everything.

It means nothing to me.

I only seek my love.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby new guy1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 pm

If you know everything, then why do you not know where your love is?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:24 pm

new guy1 wrote:If you know everything, then why do you not know where your love is?

And there we have it - the RIGHT question to ask!

Sheesh ... I was beginning to think that you lot couldn't read ... lol.

My love has to come to me. I know that too. It can only happen at night. They are either confused about their role, or they are frightened of what might happen if they do come to me. Maybe they are just being beligerent ... I don't know what their problem is but there you go!

But I also cannot tell you who is who and what is what, as that is not my place. Frustrating as that may be for all of you, I can't do anything about it!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby new guy1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Well at least my sarcastic curiosity got us somewhere, lol. Who are you, and what is the name of your love?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 pm

My name has been repeated numerous times but it is not for me to say.

The name of my love has been repeated frequently too. But it is too dangerous for me to say the name aloud!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby new guy1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Can you confirm if you are Cthulhu? Or maybe a quote where your name has been mentioned?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Cthulu is my enemy!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby new guy1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:35 pm

So you are Hastur, his half brother?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Little Witt on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Either Hastur or Yog-Sothoth from what I am reading. Is Hastur deadly? I am curious what his night powers are, that might help us understand all these nightscenes.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 pm

If I would hazard a guess Yogsothoth.

Yogsothoth knows everything.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby new guy1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Is yogsothoth Cthulu's enemy?
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives