Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Six

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:04 am

So let me get this straight, we have a group of reanimators who either have or are very close to winning, and apparently Hippo wants the Necronomicon. Neither of these groups claim to be a threat to town. Besides the Black Brotherhood, I'm having a tough time figuring out who else is left who would be anti town assuming everyone is telling the truth. I mean, we also have 3 Yith floating around. That means potentially half of the players are claiming either third party or at least not threatening to town. Why is it that the math doesn't seem to make sense to me?
Captain safariguy5

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 am

safariguy5 wrote:So let me get this straight, we have a group of reanimators who either have or are very close to winning, and apparently Hippo wants the Necronomicon. Neither of these groups claim to be a threat to town. Besides the Black Brotherhood, I'm having a tough time figuring out who else is left who would be anti town assuming everyone is telling the truth. I mean, we also have 3 Yith floating around. That means potentially half of the players are claiming either third party or at least not threatening to town. Why is it that the math doesn't seem to make sense to me?

All right, I'll go ahead and say it.

I believe hippo's claim. All of the Yith do, because last night new guy tried to get into Hippo's head and failed. Just like Jak's. Last night I tried to get into another players head. I failed. I assume that if Jak was one of the Gods, and Hippo is one of the Gods, then this third player is also one of the Gods. Possibly Cthulu.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:23 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:So let me get this straight, we have a group of reanimators who either have or are very close to winning, and apparently Hippo wants the Necronomicon. Neither of these groups claim to be a threat to town. Besides the Black Brotherhood, I'm having a tough time figuring out who else is left who would be anti town assuming everyone is telling the truth. I mean, we also have 3 Yith floating around. That means potentially half of the players are claiming either third party or at least not threatening to town. Why is it that the math doesn't seem to make sense to me?

I believe hippo's claim. All of the Yith do, because last night new guy tried to get into Hippo's head and failed. Just like Jak's. Last night I tried to get into another players head. I failed. I assume that if Jak was one of the Gods, and Hippo is one of the Gods, then this third player is also one of the Gods. Possibly Cthulu.

Well, let's lynch that player.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:

Do you get more then one chance? ...because Newguy1 states he was the one that took me over.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:

Well, let's lynch that player.

WHY would they claim to be a threat to town? Yogsothoth is locked out of this realm and the book is the key. Yogsothoth does not have the best interests of humanity. The Black Brotherhood goal is to reales them.

Several pages back I pointed out who the other cult is. Its the Deep Ones.

You have the re animators as the third.

We know who the key figures are...the Yith know who is who. we know who Yogsothoth is and we know who the reanimator is.

Now its a question of who do you guys lynch. This will be very interesting as to who really has Towns best interests.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:44 am

@IB ... I think that is the wrong question. The real question is who is the greatest threat to town. I have given more than enough clues to point out that I am no threat to town and that my win condition is dependent entirely on me finding the necromicon. I am then freed and town can pray to me. I can then be useful to town. Look back at all the flavour and game notes and you will see I am right here. I suspect that I would lose if Chthullu kills me. Kanin, you better let town know who that is because he really is a threat to town!! As to the cult, I suspect that they were your typical cult who win once they take over town so they are obviously a threat to town also. Anyone disagree with this analysis?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 am

So you are the kinder gentler Yogothoth? Gimme a break. You are no threat for the moment. You are locked out of our realm so you are no threat but your goal is to, in the immortal words of Jim Morrison, "Break on through to the other side, break on through to the other side." Then you are a threat.

Town can not win with your release. Like Jak all you can do is spin. We could have all just as easily taken Jaks offer so the most people win.

You are an Outer God as well. Jak was an Outer God with different powers and personality.

As I said earlier the interesting part of this game will be to see who is allied with who.

Either Town and Yith have to choose a pony to back in this race or we kill them all.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby vodean on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 am

alea acta est
doom, i dont know why you are pushing so hard to sell me as cult. i guess it must be in the hopes that town lynches you and you are shown to be no-longer cult. But you didnt recruit me night 4. you never recruited me. and so since you are trying hard to clear yourselves as cult falsely, you must still be cult.

THE CULT IS ACTIVE.

hippo, how can the necromicon find you?
can town not worship you now?
who is the greatest threat to town?

despite IB being "cleared" by the yith, i dont trust him. he is painting yog sogoth as scum... come on! he is also the only unknown faction, more or less. good place to start.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby vodean on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 am

smatre ofte indecra salt
Iron Butterfly wrote:Either Town and Yith have to choose a pony to back in this race or we kill them all.

uh...
who is we?
kill them all?
sorry, forgot to mention this
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:21 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Night 1 I slept and got a random dream effect of being protected for the night.
Night 2 I slept and got a random dream effect of a 1-shot roleblock.
Night 3 we recruited Commander.
Night 4 we recruited vodean.
Night 5 I used my roleblock.

I imagine Rodion and myself will win with Nendreel and pcm, although I can't verify that.

If you are part of this group and you know much more about it, and since / just confirmed in the scene that the revivers did acheive their formula, therefore their win condition according to PCM, did you use your worship X on them? seems like a too easy win... I'd say they completed the first part of their wc and now they need to use this formula on a particular role or something.
Anyway, could the undead revivers be the blackbrotherhood? I don't see how numbers could add up otherwise... Unless witt and chap are black brotherhood. We need to pressure these 2 as they are the only remaining with complete unknonwn roles (unless one of the was the failed attempt to be captive minded last night?)
Anyway, interesting to see that / replaced swifte before lsu, might be becase swifte had a more important role?

fastposted by vodean

(hey julius, it's "alea jacta est", the second phrase makes absolutely no sense to me though..) Lulz. I was sure you were cult at the end of the day yesterday, and it has been confirmed by commander when he got mad at jak (even though jak never sold you out as commander thought, but my bait worked). Anyway, jak said that you joined them using your worship X, not that you were recruited. You are either confirming that the cult still exists or just trying to draw out attention of the hippo case.
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 am

vodean wrote:alea acta est
doom, i dont know why you are pushing so hard to sell me as cult. i guess it must be in the hopes that town lynches you and you are shown to be no-longer cult. But you didnt recruit me night 4. you never recruited me. and so since you are trying hard to clear yourselves as cult falsely, you must still be cult.

THE CULT IS ACTIVE.

hippo, how can the necromicon find you?
can town not worship you now?
who is the greatest threat to town?

despite IB being "cleared" by the yith, i dont trust him. he is painting yog sogoth as scum... come on! he is also the only unknown faction, more or less. good place to start.

So you believe Yog loves humans? You believe Yog has Towns best interests? You stated your insane ramblings were made up...but in the beggining you chanted WORD for WORD the rite to raise the dead several times. So you were not randomly saying stuff.

You are either tied into the re-animator or Yog himself.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nendreel on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Night 1 I slept and got a random dream effect of being protected for the night...
I imagine Rodion and myself will win with Nendreel and pcm, although I can't verify that.

We also targetted you Night 1, so we were your protection.
I can't verify if you win with us either. If you never got a PM mentioning a WC change then I would assume it is the same as before you were revived.

betiko wrote:Anyway, could the undead revivers be the blackbrotherhood? I don't see how numbers could add up otherwise... Unless witt and chap are black brotherhood. We need to pressure these 2 as they are the only remaining with complete unknonwn roles (unless one of the was the failed attempt to be captive minded last night?)

PCM and I are not the Black Brotherhood. Knowing that some people can learn about alignment I wouldn't have claimed unaligned and risk being caught in a lie. I'm sure by now someone thought to check on me.

Iron Butterfly wrote:So you believe Yog loves humans? You believe Yog has Towns best interests? You stated your insane ramblings were made up...but in the beggining you chanted WORD for WORD the rite to raise the dead several times. So you were not randomly saying stuff.

You are either tied into the re-animator or Yog himself.

A chant to Yog-Sothoth to raise the dead, and that he kept claiming I had lied should point you in the right direction on this one.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:52 am

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:Anyway, could the undead revivers be the blackbrotherhood? I don't see how numbers could add up otherwise... Unless witt and chap are black brotherhood. We need to pressure these 2 as they are the only remaining with complete unknonwn roles (unless one of the was the failed attempt to be captive minded last night?)

PCM and I are not the Black Brotherhood. Knowing that some people can learn about alignment I wouldn't have claimed unaligned and risk being caught in a lie. I'm sure by now someone thought to check on me.

so, mr undead reviver, would you agree that at least one player between chap and witt is a black brotherhood member? maybe it has nothing to do with recruiting and there are just members of this "organization" from the start.
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:07 am

betiko wrote:
so, mr undead reviver, would you agree that at least one player between chap and witt is a black brotherhood member? maybe it has nothing to do with recruiting and there are just members of this "organization" from the start.

It would seem likely. If they cannot recruit (as seems to be the case) then there should be at least one member remaining. I would suggest pressuring Witt for info first since he seems to be more active and caught up.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:39 am

since hippo has already visited swifte (witt) and didn't find his love I guess we would learn more from chap...
vote chapcrap
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 am

@Hippo: When you visit someone do you learn if they are holding the Necronomicon?
When you visit, can you take the Necronomicon or does the Necronomicon need to be given to you?
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:38 am

So, the Yog-thingmabob, who has been turning humans insane, wants the Necromicon, and this is going to benefit town? I don't see how that works.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 pm

jonty125 wrote:So, the Yog-thingmabob, who has been turning humans insane, wants the Necromicon, and this is going to benefit town? I don't see how that works.

I suspect that if Yog is freed with the Necronomicon it would be game over for everyone else.

If Jak would have recruited the number needed to win the game would not continue. I do not see how it could. I believe Yog is released by the Blackbrotherhood, though it may be possible they represent the Deep Ones.

Make no mistake there are other deities out there who have minions to help them.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:Swifte (and now Little Witt) might be night kill proof.

Yes, I did target doom, and from the scene it looks like SOMEONE was successful in killing him. And those two reanimators seem to continue getting very lucky(?) with their targets.

I have no body today. Make of that what you will.

Kanin Usagi wrote:All right, I'll go ahead and say it.

Its little witt I tried to get into.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 pm

vote vodean For Blatant lying. Both Doom and Comm9 have already confirmed that you are cult, that you completely deny this obvious, but right now I trust comm9 and doom more on telling the truth about whose cult because they were pissed about outing themselves, while it says that you and Jak were pushing for it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Commander9 wrote:First of all, Vodean and Jak, no offence but you're both assholes and slightly retarded too. You both shared the same winning condition, yet you thought that ousting more culties is a good idea. Well done... I'm particularly annoyed as I just needed to survive... FML. And the way I got there, I asked a question from Shogoth (who was dead) and apparently turned to cult somehow. Awesome.

Since it's pretty much over unless I'd be fixed with Jak's death, I'm saying good game. It's a shame really as even after I became of cult, I just needed to survive till end game, but Jak ensured that could not happen. Basically, I am still willing to cooperate as I just need to survive, but I would fully understand if you would not. Well played Rodion, IB and other scum.

Here is the one from Comm9, basically venting his anger. So you're denial just became 10x more of a lie since Doom has confirmed.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:41 pm

rishaed wrote:
Commander9 wrote:First of all, Vodean and Jak, no offence but you're both assholes and slightly retarded too. You both shared the same winning condition, yet you thought that ousting more culties is a good idea. Well done... I'm particularly annoyed as I just needed to survive... FML. And the way I got there, I asked a question from Shogoth (who was dead) and apparently turned to cult somehow. Awesome.

Since it's pretty much over unless I'd be fixed with Jak's death, I'm saying good game. It's a shame really as even after I became of cult, I just needed to survive till end game, but Jak ensured that could not happen. Basically, I am still willing to cooperate as I just need to survive, but I would fully understand if you would not. Well played Rodion, IB and other scum.

Here is the one from Comm9, basically venting his anger. So you're denial just became 10x more of a lie since Doom has confirmed.

did that sound like these guys would miraculously stop being town after jak's death?

ok now IB let's cut the bullshit, I'm asking you again. It would be good to know if the "ask about a player's alignment" we can ask yog gives correct answers or not. I am not going to ask you what you are now, but what you were on night 2/ day 3, please tell me the truth, does the yog crap works or not??? It's probably not worth losing time lynching the (ex?)cults by now given all we have to deal with already, and if we are told by yog that they are unaligned, 3rd party or anything other than cult/scum we might as well let them be.
Geez, this lonely hippo case seems like yesterday again.... any other god is going to show up and mess with us??

witt, what type of terrifying creature are you??
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:42 pm

ebwop:
did that sound like these guys would miraculously stop being cult after jak's death?

obviously lol!
Major betiko

Postby Rodion on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Spiesr is correct about Vodean: Vodean never confessed, while Commander and Doom did. If we are to test a cultist lynch/vig, it should feature one of the confessed cultists. We may, however, have bigger fish to fry.

Yith: what flavour did you get on the failed attempts at Hippo/Witt?

Hippo: how are you affected by having people ask (or not ask) questions to you at night?
General Rodion

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 pm

@ Nendreel, IB & Rodion - I have not had the mechanism described - it is possible I have visited someone who is actually holding the Necromicon but they have not released it (or I got blocked or something). Each night nothing seems to happen and I do not receive any response from /. So, at this stage all I can say is that I keep looking for my loved one and hopefully it appears - maybe it has to be given to me? As to whether that spells doom for everyone, the initial PM does not suggest anything other than I have met my win condition and I will then have power to help out humans. If you read up on the Mythos Lore, I am no threat to human-kind ... quite the reverse. If you are not human, however, then I am a threat to you!!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives