Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Six

Postby new guy1 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:42 pm

So you are a threat to me?
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 pm

new guy1 wrote:So you are a threat to me?

Not if you can meet your win objective with humans! But essentially ... yes!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Rodion wrote:Spiesr is correct about Vodean: Vodean never confessed, while Commander and Doom did. If we are to test a cultist lynch/vig, it should feature one of the confessed cultists. We may, however, have bigger fish to fry.

Yith: what flavour did you get on the failed attempts at Hippo/Witt?

Hippo: how are you affected by having people ask (or not ask) questions to you at night?

vodean outed me. How would he know that information unless he was in the cult?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Little Witt on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:07 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Rodion wrote:Spiesr is correct about Vodean: Vodean never confessed, while Commander and Doom did. If we are to test a cultist lynch/vig, it should feature one of the confessed cultists. We may, however, have bigger fish to fry.

Yith: what flavour did you get on the failed attempts at Hippo/Witt?

Hippo: how are you affected by having people ask (or not ask) questions to you at night?

vodean outed me. How would he know that information unless he was in the cult?

Good point, I'm just gonna throw this out here for now Vote Vodean
Hippo is looking a little safer now. But now the spotlight is on vodean
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby Rodion on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:15 pm

I don't know. Perhaps through questioning Yog? All I'm saying is Commander and you are 100% confessed cult, while Vodean's case is merely "more than likely". I don't see why Vodean should die first, that's all I'm saying.

Did anyone else feel Little Witt's post/vote is extremely scummy, given the circumstances of a pending Yith report on him?
General Rodion

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Three

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
vodean wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:I am an Elder God, alone in my ventures as a survivor.
Bold Blue is my response to Vodean. Come on buddy, please read. I am a survivor, that is my alignment and my WC in...wait for it...To survive. :)

that is a lie. i dont know why you are lying, but your WC is to eliminate the elder gods AND outer gods. fp jak

He forgot that I also have to kill the Great Old Ones. Thats why I claimed one of the 3 I had to kill. haha

After thinking about this for awhile (and from what Hippo recently said) I think that the different God's are trying to kill each other off and the humans are in the middle point or pick sides to the entire thing. It might explain on why we have so many survivor humans with a WORSHIP condition on changing alignment, however this is purely theoretical and not proven at all in the game mechanics.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Rodion wrote:I don't know. Perhaps through questioning Yog? All I'm saying is Commander and you are 100% confessed cult, while Vodean's case is merely "more than likely". I don't see why Vodean should die first, that's all I'm saying.

Did anyone else feel Little Witt's post/vote is extremely scummy, given the circumstances of a pending Yith report on him?

if you remember i told you to think better about it. there is no way vodean could know all he knew through yog, there were just not enough nights and we don't get answers in such details. He was an insider of the jak conspiracy, i don't know how you can even question it. confirmed by a pissed off commander who saw how he got recruited by some guys who made him lose in an ugly way.
Major betiko

Postby Little Witt on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Rodion wrote:I don't know. Perhaps through questioning Yog? All I'm saying is Commander and you are 100% confessed cult, while Vodean's case is merely "more than likely". I don't see why Vodean should die first, that's all I'm saying.

Because he clearly knows more than he should! Like betiko said

betiko wrote:if you remember i told you to think better about it. there is no way vodean could know all he knew through yog, there were just not enough nights and we don't get answers in such details. He was an insider of the jak conspiracy, i don't know how you can even question it. confirmed by a pissed off commander who saw how he got recruited by some guys who made him lose in an ugly way.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby spiesr on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:40 pm

betiko wrote:

if you remember i told you to think better about it. there is no way vodean could know all he knew through yog, there were just not enough nights and we don't get answers in such details. He was an insider of the jak conspiracy, i don't know how you can even question it. confirmed by a pissed off commander who saw how he got recruited by some guys who made him lose in an ugly way.
That isn't the point here. As Rodion explained, if we are going to test one of the cultists it needs to be DoomYoshi of Commander. Additionally, as rishead just reposted, Vodean has been coming up with junk about win conditions that he shouldn't have via conventional means all game.
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm

spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:

That isn't the point here. As Rodion explained, if we are going to test one of the cultists it needs to be DoomYoshi of Commander. Additionally, as rishead just reposted, Vodean has been coming up with junk about win conditions that he shouldn't have via conventional means all game.

wut? you are quoting me on something that is then requoted by rishaed from me. Then you tell me that I'm talking about unrelated stuff but that rishaed's got a point... lol.

and no I don't agree. doom is undead, commander is an alien. vodean aligned himsef to the cult through worshipping. As vodean has a less complex role we get a less biaised result by testing him. anyway, as i said before, cult isn't what we should focus on, they can't grow anymore.

and yes rishaed why not... your theory could stand. maybe when we worship someone we end up always worshipping a god as aligned people might all be aligned with a particular god?
Major betiko

Postby vodean on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 pm

lazrot nagatz tod.

the reason i know so much about cult is that on N2 i entered dreamlands, and i got the special ability of being masoned with doom for one night and day (yes, we COULD speak during the day). he told me he was cult and had been recruited by jak. that explains where i got my information.
as for being cult, they might believe that i am cult as a result of worshipping jak. however i never did. i told doom i MIGHT worship jak, but decided against. regardless, i might not show up as cult if i were lynched. Im not even sure if its possible for me to be cult.
so i am not cult, and i have a good reason for knowing all this. i still have my worship ability, though i dont really have a way to prove it. i guess the only way to really prove it is that a someone asks yog for knowledge about my alignment tonight. and then perhaps that someone investigates a true cultist.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby new guy1 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 pm

To answer IB, I am in your body. I was not rejected.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 pm

vodean wrote:lazrot nagatz tod.

the reason i know so much about cult is that on N2 i entered dreamlands, and i got the special ability of being masoned with doom for one night and day (yes, we COULD speak during the day). he told me he was cult and had been recruited by jak. that explains where i got my information.
as for being cult, they might believe that i am cult as a result of worshipping jak. however i never did. i told doom i MIGHT worship jak, but decided against. regardless, i might not show up as cult if i were lynched. Im not even sure if its possible for me to be cult.
so i am not cult, and i have a good reason for knowing all this. i still have my worship ability, though i dont really have a way to prove it. i guess the only way to really prove it is that a someone asks yog for knowledge about my alignment tonight. and then perhaps that someone investigates a true cultist.

If I were cult and I suddenly found myself masoned with someone who is no,t the last thing I would do is advertise I was cult. If I did I would be forced to recruit that person or kill them. God Vodean...I really wish you could see how clueless your answers come across.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 pm

new guy1 wrote:To answer IB, I am in your body. I was not rejected.

Understood, thanks.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby new guy1 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Thats what I forgot in my last post, I can coexist with the humans, so as long as you do not need me dead, I see no reason for me to need you dead.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:07 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
vodean wrote:lazrot nagatz tod.

If I were cult and I suddenly found myself masoned with someone who is no,t the last thing I would do is advertise I was cult. If I did I would be forced to recruit that person or kill them. God Vodean...I really wish you could see how clueless your answers come across.

QFT. Just give up pretending that you're not cult so that you don't die. In my mind you are pretty well confirmed cult.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:52 am

new guy1 wrote:I am in your body IB. He is no threat to town, he is a human that can ask yog questions for answers. He is clear in my book. This confirms that (from what I know) IB and rodion are not partners like Jak thought.

Anything Jak said must be taken with a grain of salt. Pretty much everything he said was misleading and said to insure his win condition.

@Betiko Just because I have the option to ask Yog for answers does not mean that I do or feel that the risk is worth the reward at this point in the game.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Rodion on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:04 am

Yith: please give us flavour regarding your failures in possessing Hippo and Little Witt, please.
General Rodion

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:16 am

Rodion wrote:Yith: please give us flavour regarding your failures in possessing Hippo and Little Witt, please.

Mine was actually fairly devoid of information. Just a "Your takeover fails, everything goes dark, and you ae back in your original body." No horrible mind rape this time. It might be that / didn't want to give any flavor that could lead to a lynch again. I dunno.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby rishaed on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 am

/ wrote:The final Elder Thing of the group knew it had to keep the Necronomicon away from the waiting sealed Gods. It dove into the sea, on a line back to the Elder Thing’s deep hideaway, passing above the city of Y'ha-nthlei, the creature is swarmed by the Deep One inhabitants,fulfilling the bidding of The Great Cthulhu. Familiar with the attacks and tactics of the anphibous minons of Father Dagon and Mother Hydra, the elder thing surfaces to the air.
The elder thing was fast, but even it could not see the flying monstrosity that in a blink of an eye tore through its wings and sent it barreling back towards the shore.
Helpless, and in the center of the convergence of Human, Byakhee, and Deep One,the Elder thing resigned itself to its fate.

Once again the prized Necronomicon would be claimed.

show

Night Four Begins, you have until Sunday.

/ wrote:Elsewhere the waters still trembled with untold creatures, they continued to seek out the lost artifact needed for their rituals, they race against the flying beast above for their prize.

Ok we have a problem here. Simply put Cthulhu is in the game and is NOT Aligned with hippo (Yog-Sothoth). I rolecop'd Hippo last night and can explain from the two Night scenes here what the Byakhee and Deep One's are. Hippo uses the Byakhee to search for the Necromicon, and Cthulhu uses the Deep One's. The race against each other here is important as it lends substance to the thought that The God's are fighting among themselves.

Postby vodean on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:12 am

at the end of logic is hate.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
this is funny. you cannot comprehend. it is above your simple minds. i grow weary. weary of this body. lynch me please. confirm what i have said. unvote vote vodean.
you guys are hopeless.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:05 am

rishaed wrote:
/ wrote:The final Elder Thing of the group knew it had to keep the Necronomicon away from the waiting sealed Gods. It dove into the sea, on a line back to the Elder Thing’s deep hideaway, passing above the city of Y'ha-nthlei, the creature is swarmed by the Deep One inhabitants,fulfilling the bidding of The Great Cthulhu. Familiar with the attacks and tactics of the anphibous minons of Father Dagon and Mother Hydra, the elder thing surfaces to the air.
The elder thing was fast, but even it could not see the flying monstrosity that in a blink of an eye tore through its wings and sent it barreling back towards the shore.
Helpless, and in the center of the convergence of Human, Byakhee, and Deep One,the Elder thing resigned itself to its fate.

Once again the prized Necronomicon would be claimed.

show

Night Four Begins, you have until Sunday.

/ wrote:Elsewhere the waters still trembled with untold creatures, they continued to seek out the lost artifact needed for their rituals, they race against the flying beast above for their prize.

Ok we have a problem here. Simply put Cthulhu is in the game and is NOT Aligned with hippo (Yog-Sothoth). I rolecop'd Hippo last night and can explain from the two Night scenes here what the Byakhee and Deep One's are. Hippo uses the Byakhee to search for the Necromicon, and Cthulhu uses the Deep One's. The race against each other here is important as it lends substance to the thought that The God's are fighting among themselves.

interesting post rishaed. these scenes are quite interesting to look back at after the one posted by IB. so hippo would be yog, little witt ctuhlu? and the deep ones/byakhees just anyone who has become one of their followers?
Elder things would be keepers of the necronomicon, and since they are orange I don't know it that's good or bad. I wonder if the worship ability could be used on one of the 3 gods, one of them being dead. there is the reviver thing which I would find strange not to be related to anything...
what about you, is the person you aligned to still alive and does saf's investigation still makes sence about your alignment with ghostly?

Also, I think that the only player who's role remains completely unclear is still chap, and if he's not posting that's not fun, my vote stays on him.
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 am

Role math time again. I modified Rodion's list from D5 to save time.

26 players

3 Elder Things (Lovo, CM5, ghostly)
3 Yith (Kanin, Comm9, NG1)
1 Shoggoth (elon)
1 Black Brotherhood Leader (Strike)
2 Re-Animators (Nen, PCM)
1 Recruiter (Jak)
7 Unaligned JOAT Humans (Chuck, Yoshi, Betiko, Rishaed, Edoc, Vodean, IB)
3 Town JOAT humans (Saf, Rodion, spiesr)
1 Town dreamer king (Soundman)
1 Outer God (Hippo)

23 Roles claimed, 3 remainng

Possible roles remaining:
Byahkhee
Deep One
Black Brotherhood Member
Elder God

People not listed:
Witt: Unpossessable (from Kanin)
Chap:
jonty: Prince of Arya (wtf?)

If I missed anything or got something wrong feel free to point it out.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 am

Jonty is an unaligned JOAT human, i have very little doubts about that, he might be a lonely prince, it doesn't mean he isn't oriinally what he said he is and what has been proven he is till now.
I think we need to pressure the remaining 2 to see a bit clearer. What do you think of my theory combined with rishaed's, byahkhees and deep ones are what you become when you worship one of the 2 gods?
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:38 am

[quote="Nendreel"]
jonty: Prince of Arya (wtf?)/quote]

I aren't the Prince of Arya. That was yesterday.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives