Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D4 22/25

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 pm

chapcrap wrote:My original role was roleblocked.

I was worried that might happen.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D5 20/25

Postby Rodion on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Droz, who blocked Chap?
General Rodion

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D2 25/25

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 pm

jak111 wrote:I'm feeling fine Pancake, but unless someone got information, it's best to leave the mafia in the dark and collect more and more info that we can use against them. Will someone die tonight? Most likely. Will we lose a power role by tomorrow, most definitely. However, we do not need to paint targets for mafia across the map, no, we need to keep them in the dark for now as much as we are and allow those with investigative roles get more information on what's going on.

With a game this size there COULD be up to 8 mafia, that's terrible to just start letting them get in without anyone with actions being able to counter their claims as to what they do.

To be honest, with a game this size and the number of it, I think angels are town, demons are mafia, and the humans are 3rd party. Though unless someone feels like giving us an example/claim I doubt I can really prove humans being in this game.

Have I lost my head? Maybe, but after playing over at Epic Mafia for what seems a longish time lately I have come to the realization that there are other ways to go about doing this. Taking advantage of a night with no kills is one of those advantages. To not take control of that advantage and gather more invaluable intel for the long days to come would be a waste. In fact, it'd be like the town wanted to lose.

We lynch/pressure today we most likely kill/out a town power role, we no lynch today and go into the night all the town pr's are anonymous and can work their magic in the night. Sure lynching is town's most powerful thing, but if we lynch with no real intel we are lynching blindly. To lynch blindly makes it easy for mafia to control votes, to let mafia control votes makes it more likely we lose 2 or more town powers by tomorrow than if we stay silent, leave mafia in the dark, and go into the night.

I dare you, tell me I'm wrong about our chances. If we don't use the valuable extra day of information now we wont get it later on when we gotta be constantly on edge.

Jak, you have posted a lot that I disagree with, but this may be the worst post I have ever read. Clearly, you put some thought into, and that's what makes it sad.

Don't ever mention EpicMafia again. It's unbecoming of a gentleman.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 pm

^Doom Jak was lynched already D3. I don't know why you're bringing up old stuff, but its not all that important right now other than to rip up a player atm.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Ah yes. I apologize. Certainly unbecoming behaviour there.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Rodion wrote:
blakebowling wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the humans are non-town; though not necessarily anti-town.

Claim. And make it believable.

Two things. First, I may have been skimming most posts due to a lack of time but why are we pressuring Blake? Second, I don't really enjoy the Gestapo act as much as you seem to.

Chap got blocked, well, I guess I informed you thusly. Really useful role, that, I suggest we stop trying to make it work for now and focus on getting some actual discussion on who to lynch. Chap was blocked today for a reason... I however don't know if that reason is that someone doesn't want us to know that there were demons between us three, or someone didn't want us to get cleared. DroZ, if you've watched Chap, could you tell us what you saw? And if you didn't, could you just tell us anyway? From there we can start forming theories, right now I have nothing.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:14 pm

rishaed wrote:^Doom Jak was lynched already D3. I don't know why you're bringing up old stuff, but its not all that important right now other than to rip up a player atm.

He's catching up on the game and making posts as he goes... Don't fault him too much.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby aage on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 pm

chapcrap wrote:
rishaed wrote:^Doom Jak was lynched already D3. I don't know why you're bringing up old stuff, but its not all that important right now other than to rip up a player atm.

He's catching up on the game and making posts as he goes... Don't fault him too much.

Meh, could've checked the list of dead players on page one.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Rodion wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:vodean (3) ~ aage, jonty, SamG

0, 1, 2 or 3?

My original role was roleblocked. However, someone did gift me one cop investigation for last night. I'm not sure if I really want to reveal the information. If the result was guilty, I would, but since the person was innocent and not in question, I feel there is no need at this moment. Perhaps before the day is out...

I also want blake to claim. Do we really need to vote you to make this happen?

I would agree in saying that unless they are under pressure to be lynched that the information is best kept for yourself at this time.

@Rishaed: I believe Doom is currently reading back through. He probably responded to that as he got to it.

I am also interested in Blake.

@blake: the statement Rodion quotes is that you raised a position that appears to be at odds with how the game is set up. Namely that you stated that you believed humans are non-town. Since Jak came out as human town on the lynch, this can't be 100% true.

Fast posted: it appears I may have been wrong on Doom's motives for the post. Carry on.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby blakebowling on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm Emma of Ludger, modposter. When I initially posted that humans weren't necessarily town (I'm saying there could be non town humans, not that all aren't), I was trying to clarify simply that non-town and anti-town aren't necessarily the same thing.

As far as the modposting ability, I haven't yet used it as I couldn't think of how it would be useful. If you'd like, I can use the ability now to prove my claim.
Private blakebowling

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:12 pm

blakebowling wrote:I'm Emma of Ludger, modposter. When I initially posted that humans weren't necessarily town (I'm saying there could be non town humans, not that all aren't), I was trying to clarify simply that non-town and anti-town aren't necessarily the same thing.

As far as the modposting ability, I haven't yet used it as I couldn't think of how it would be useful. If you'd like, I can use the ability now to prove my claim.

Sorry you're gonna have to explain the mechanics of your role to me. Does it mean that you send something into Edoc to post, or do you get to edit your/ other's posts? Sorry for playing the Noob card here, but I can't really see what this role does.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:07 pm

rishaed wrote:
blakebowling wrote:I'm Emma of Ludger, modposter. When I initially posted that humans weren't necessarily town (I'm saying there could be non town humans, not that all aren't), I was trying to clarify simply that non-town and anti-town aren't necessarily the same thing.

Sorry you're gonna have to explain the mechanics of your role to me. Does it mean that you send something into Edoc to post, or do you get to edit your/ other's posts? Sorry for playing the Noob card here, but I can't really see what this role does.

Well, I've never seen a role like this before, so please explain further blake.
Cook jonty125

Postby Rodion on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:59 pm

I also don't know what a modposter is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_of_Lesum - is that who you claim to be?

Are you claiming town saint? 3rd-party saint?
General Rodion

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Rodion wrote:I also don't know what a modposter is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_of_Lesum - is that who you claim to be?

Are you claiming town saint? 3rd-party saint?

I think it is who he claims to be. If you look she did marry someone named Liudger.

I agree on what does your role do. This should actually be a more standard action in describing your role. It's one thing if it's a common role that anyone who has played a few games of mafia should recognize but so more and more lately, I'm hearing people state the name of obscure roles (Some of which I, as an experienced player, haven't ran across before) said like they're self-explanatory.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby / on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Found it
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mailman
Sounds like a heck of a role to try to fake, so yeah, go ahead and mod-post whatever.

Though it also says it can be any alignment, so...
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Rodion on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 pm

blakebowling wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the humans are non-town; though not necessarily anti-town.

blakebowling wrote: When I initially posted that humans weren't necessarily town (I'm saying there could be non town humans, not that all aren't), I was trying to clarify simply that non-town and anti-town aren't necessarily the same thing.

Quote #1: humans are non-town
Quote#2: humans aren't necessarily town

Why the backpedaling?
General Rodion

Postby DRoZ on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Rodion wrote:Droz, who blocked Chap?

I was blocked myself, at first I assumed they were roleblocking me in order to go after chap with a bit less risk. I had guessed that jG dying would have been caused by a busdriver switching them out. I am confused now that chap has said he was blocked and why there would be more than one roleblocker. I have also lost my ability to vote, not exactly sure why I was targeted for that.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby soundman on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:14 pm

DRoZ wrote:
Rodion wrote:Droz, who blocked Chap?

I was blocked myself, at first I assumed they were roleblocking me in order to go after chap with a bit less risk. I had guessed that jG dying would have been caused by a busdriver switching them out. I am confused now that chap has said he was blocked and why there would be more than one roleblocker. I have also lost my ability to vote, not exactly sure why I was targeted for that.

Maybe there is a Jailkeeper too? Mafia blocks you or Chap and then a Busdriver switches one of you with someone who ends up being jailed. That's all I can think of to explain it.

I would like to see a demonstration of Blake's power also. The role doesn't seem like it would be very useful for mafia which makes me think it's probably a town role.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Iliad on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:55 am

I'm back, will re-read and catch up with what's happened. Really lost right now, obviously.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:41 am

soundman wrote:The role doesn't seem like it would be very useful for mafia which makes me think it's probably a town role.

Then again if that's his sole power, I can't see any use of that.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:51 am

I say lynch. I'm not this far yet. Are we at L-1? If not, I will vote.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:32 am

DoomYoshi wrote:I say lynch.

...? :shock: :?

a) Day just started, we are most definitely not at l-1 lol.
b) who? vode?
c) not everybody votes here, we like to use chap's ability (when possible) to find scums. That involves not all of us voting.
d) I sugguest reading and not posting.. doom, you arent near ready for the hell you're about to read through :lol: we bicker like old married couples in this game.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby blakebowling on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 am

Essentially, I send something to edoc, and he posts it in the game thread anonymously.

Rodion wrote:

blakebowling wrote: When I initially posted that humans weren't necessarily town (I'm saying there could be non town humans, not that all aren't), I was trying to clarify simply that non-town and anti-town aren't necessarily the same thing.

Quote #1: humans are non-town
Quote#2: humans aren't necessarily town

Why the backpedaling?

I posted originally not mentally connecting that saints were humans, but the post wasn't even directly about the humans in this game. I was just saying that non-town does not equal anti-town.

I now know that the point was moot, as vodean actually was anti-town, and has been killed.

And for whoever was asking, I am claiming town saint. I've also sent a message to edoc to post in the thread.
Private blakebowling

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:46 am

NoSurvivors wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I say lynch.

...? :shock: :?

a) Day just started, we are most definitely not at l-1 lol.
b) who? vode?
c) not everybody votes here, we like to use chap's ability (when possible) to find scums. That involves not all of us voting.
d) I sugguest reading and not posting.. doom, you arent near ready for the hell you're about to read through :lol: we bicker like old married couples in this game.

Doom is reading up and is posting at random moments when he finds it convenient.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:08 pm

I finished day 2. I will probably never read that day again. It was hell, but PCM stands out as likely scum from that day. I imagine day 3 is when the big reveal comes?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives