Conquer Club

The Official Clan Sitting Rules (Old Version)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Official Clan Sitting Rules (Old Version)

Postby Nicky15 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Howdy folks.

Until we get some sort of sitting feature, we feel we have no choice but to bring in some Clan Sitting Rules. We are aware that this may cause a stir. But please try and remain calm 8-) take a deep breath and take a while to digest and avoid posting any knee jerk reactions ;) We are not trying to make things difficult, less fun or create lots of red tape, just create some fair rules for everyone.

We have been discussing how best to draft these rules over the last three months. We have used a consultation group to gain different perspectives. And have been in consultation with admin. It was very difficult to get a list of rules that covered every possibility whilst remaining simple and easy to follow.

These rules are for the clan arena only, and will cover all clan competitions and tournaments.

What the rules are trying to address

1, We have no clear and defined rule of what is and is not allowed within the clan arena. Therefore judging cases of reported abuse is very difficult. And it is hard to come up with consistent rulings.
2, The lines of what is acceptable in the Clan World have become somewhat blurred.
3, We are aiming to create a fair and level playing field for each and every clan

These rules are simply meant to bring everyone back in line with CC site rules. Your account is yours and yours alone. And you should be the only person logging on and using it unless you are away, or an emergency situation has arisen.

In regards to needing a sitter. Some members are picking and choosing what games they will take, and what games they leave to someone else. If you are in a game you should be the one playing it. The people in the team put forward for any game, should be the only ones involved in that game. There should be no outside influences. If you are away from the site and need a sitter, that is fine. But you must not choose to take some games and leave others to a sitter. You can either take your turns or you can't.

We still want to offer some degree of emergency cover for turns, but they really must be in danger of missing. So that is why the hour mark has been set. We can't keep having excuses like well I was going to bed and didn't know if he would make it back, so I took his turn 8 hours before it expired.

No one should be put in for a game unless they can take the vast majority of their turns. Agreements still can be made between clans in regards to absences, both clans must agree. These games must not include the unlimited setting, or any other setting where an advantage could potentially be had. These agreements should be run past a CD before hand. We couldn't allow for example any agreement that did not see a player taking approximately 70 % of their turns. And would have to question why they were being put forward for a game they couldn't take their turns in.

Finally The Cds will not be throwing the book at people for minor things. We don't want reports like "Joe blogs covered a turn an 1h 30 mins before it was due to expire" minor things may get noted. It is only when these minor things happen on a regular basis then we would need to do something. Again if something unexpected comes up and you need a sitter then you can have one, but if this happens regularly then we will question it. The Cds will take a common sense view when looking at any case. Real life happens and this is a game, we are all aware of that.

Ok The Rules

What has to happen.

Clan members must become responsible for their own turns. Clan members must take all of their own turns unless on vacation. Or an emergency arises.

Basic Rules

1, The announcing in chat, of the name of the person who has covered a turn will now be mandatory.

2, Emergency cover may only be given if the person really is in danger of missing a turn. Therefore a turn can only be covered if there is 2 hours or less left on the clock. But steps must be taken to contact the player before hand.

3, Sitting for the purpose of covering an extended break from the site can carry on as normal, turns can be taken whenever it is convenient, the sitter can add to chat, but the player on vacation must not take turns themselves during this time or add to game chat. Account sitting is for holidays, vacations* and emergencies only.

*The term "vacation" is being used to cover any absence from the site that you have agreed to have someone sit for.

4, You must not enter clan games if you know in advance that you will not be able to take the vast majority of your turns in any game or be unable to take your turns on a regular basis. Having your account sat on a regular basis for the duration of any clan game will no longer be allowed. If you are going to participate in clan games, it should be you who will actually play in these games.

5, You must not be in another persons account for any reason, other than to cover turns while that person is on vacation. Adding to chat in a game you are not in for example will not be allowed. You must also not give permission for anyone to wander in and out of your account at their will. Take care of your account. What happens with it is your responsibility.

In response to the idea that people will just cheat anyway, the hunters will routinely check IPs, and assist us in checking suspicious activity abusing the account sitting rule.

Punishments

Anyone caught breaking these rules will be subject to penalties as determined at the sole discretion of the CD Team. Penalties may include loss of privileges, loss of medals, forfeiture of games, and any other punishment the CD Team deems appropriate.The CD team will take a common sense approach when ruling on each individual case.

Now we know everyone isn't going to like this :o Please feel free to give your views, but if you disagree, please explain the reason why in your post. We don't just want negative comments without some reasoning behind them and alternative suggestions.

It will be easy to keep within the rules. Guidelines include

1, Make sure you inform your clan organizer of any planned vacations in advance
2, If you need a sitter, don't take turns yourself
3, If you are going to cover a teammate that has gone awol, make sure they are actually in danger of missing.
4, Post to say that you have covered a turn
5, Don't go into someone else account unless you are sitting.

These rules will come into force Monday after we have had the chance to pm all clan leaders and make sure everyone is aware.

Thanks

The CD team.
Major Nicky15

Re: The Offical Clan Sitting Rules

Postby Swifte on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:08 pm

In light of the recent josko/moonchild case, 'vast majority' is still too vague. Please spell out the following: If a player can NEVER take turns on the weekends, are they hereby banished from clan games? This needs to be specifically addressed... and I am sure it affects more than just moonchild.
Colonel Swifte

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:12 pm

last 1 hour to cover the turn is, IMO a bit exaggeration and over reaction here. It should be relaxed to a minimum to last 2 hours... i think 2 hours is a good well call... Last hour can come with/bring some new problems is what i think in the first look...

major abuses are not basing this last 1-2 hour thing but something else than that...so dont pack everyone in the same basket threading as if we all are potential abusers, then do not bring clan wars to be a pain but lets keep the warmth as much as we can for the sake of good taste...
Last edited by HardAttack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby jetsetwilly on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Swifte wrote:In light of the recent josko/moonchild case, 'vast majority' is still too vague. Please spell out the following: If a player can NEVER take turns on the weekends, are they hereby banished from clan games? This needs to be specifically addressed... and I am sure it affects more than just moonchild.

Knowing in advance that you can not takes turns at the weekends is absolutely not an acceptable situation for a clan war and any player knowingly being entered into games in this situation would be putting their clan in breach of the rules.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Vid_FISO on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:20 pm

If it's not covered by rule 3 then even waiting until the final hour as per rule 2 shouldn't be permitted.

If any player doesn't have a known impending absence then no-one should be aware of that person's log in details to make a save at the 23rd hour.

In case of real time emergencies, there are things such as email and mobile phones. Over-sleeping is not a good reason for someone to make a move on someone else's behalf.
Last edited by Vid_FISO on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Vid_FISO

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
Swifte wrote:In light of the recent josko/moonchild case, 'vast majority' is still too vague. Please spell out the following: If a player can NEVER take turns on the weekends, are they hereby banished from clan games? This needs to be specifically addressed... and I am sure it affects more than just moonchild.

Knowing in advance that you can not takes turns at the weekends is absolutely not an acceptable situation for a clan war and any player knowingly being entered into games in this situation would be putting their clan in breach of the rules.

one can easily break this...intentionally/unconciously, this can easily be broken down...how ?
say one knows he will not be there in the weekend but why s/he should say he won't be around in weekends, but simply when it is time, leaves a note in game chat indicating his/her absense weekend, and xxx player is going to be sitting for me...Then next week, another note, damn again this weekend i have got to leave the town to there, whereever, this xxx player is gonna sit my account...So, in theory there is no rule abusing, but in practice it is what we have got in the socalled josko's case what ppl call it with that name...

so, what i wonder to know is, how ever you mods will be able to differ these two nuances ?
IMO still unclear and open area to be well defined.

Take me for the example, assume that i very well know that i am gonna be out weekend, but join in the game and when it is weekend i can very well picture it to be a new to me that i didnt know weekend i had something urgent to go, to do, that then i ll need someone to sit in my acc.

How are you going to be able to differ the good occasion from abuse in this case ?
Last edited by HardAttack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby greenoaks on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:22 pm

is this a must do requirement?

4, Post to say that you have covered a turn

i certainly hope so.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Leehar on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Swifte wrote:In light of the recent josko/moonchild case, 'vast majority' is still too vague.

I know Foxglove also was an advocate for a fixed number, and indeed it was there in the initial drafts, but I think thats shaky ground, because it's often open to abuse by those who like to find loopholes. If there was a number like 80% of turns taken, then I'd hazard someone like our esteemed former conqueror would come in and say he couldn't take 82% of the turns, so it's okay in the letter of the law, if not the spirit.

@ greenoaks
Basic Rules wrote:1, The announcing in chat, of the name of the person who has covered a turn will now be mandatory.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:32 pm

why dont you give a team a fkin freedom of sitting only 3 turns right but only 3 turns not anymore...dont bother urself investigating whole case, life time, simply give it in a team game to happen THREE maximum sitting occasions but 4th sitting if occurs to be accounted to be SIMPLE and abuse...

no matter that team, if needs a more than 3 sitting occasions, simply fck it, let that team miss turn, who cares if they dont care employing proper players not to miss turns ?

just bother urself my mod if the sitting occasions in a game is more than 3 times or not but dont bother urself when account sat, how did that account sat, who sat, etc fck load of tiny stuff.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Vid_FISO on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm

HardAttack wrote:why dont you give a team a fkin freedom of sitting only 3 turns right but only 3 turns not anymore...dont bother urself investigating whole case, life time, simply give it in a team game to happen THREE maximum sitting occasions but 4th sitting if occurs to be accounted to be SIMPLE and abuse...

no matter that team, if needs a more than 3 sitting occasions, simply fck it, let that team miss turn, who cares if they dont care employing proper players not to miss turns ?

just bother urself my mod if the sitting occasions in a game is more than 3 times or not but dont bother urself when account sat, how did that account sat, who sat, etc fck load of tiny stuff.

I'll give you a for instance - one of my friends recently lost his younger brother which required him to travel literally half way across the World to mourn and for the funeral, punishment enough I think.
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Foxglove on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:

What if a person is away for one weekend per month?
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby jetsetwilly on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:If it's not covered by rule 3 then even waiting until the final hour as per rule 2 shouldn't be permitted.

If any player doesn't have a known impending absence then no-one should be aware of that person's log in details to make a save at the 23rd hour.

In case of real time emergencies, there are things such as email and mobile phones. Over-sleeping is not a good reason for someone to make a move on someone else's behalf.

Not everyone is in a position to use email and mobile phones at all times. Things do happen and we don't believe a clan should be forced to miss a turn in this situation, however if we saw this happening time and time again for a particular player then we would take action.

Postby jetsetwilly on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 pm

HardAttack wrote:why dont you give a team a fkin freedom of sitting only 3 turns right but only 3 turns not anymore...dont bother urself investigating whole case, life time, simply give it in a team game to happen THREE maximum sitting occasions but 4th sitting if occurs to be accounted to be SIMPLE and abuse...

While that may be a simple way of applying the rule, it would be too strict. Emergencies can last indefinitely. Clearly in that situation the player should not be entered into any new clan games until they had a returned on a full time basis.

Postby cookie0117 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 pm

I agree with the vast majority of this, my only concern would be that if a player has gone AWOL and you spot they are down to an hour.

In the past I would pop in at the 2 hours mark and then take the turns that leave them on 4 hours. From my experience any cover offered has been due to unexpected circumstances, I probably step in a unarranged i.e non-holidays a few times a year. Im not the sort of person who takes this game so seriously that I will watch someones account and pop in as and when they get to an hour on each game but equally I dont want to lose a string of games because I would have needed to wait an extra hour to take each turn. As if someone is AWOL then they are usually dealing with something a little more important than CC.

Does this mean you will need to wait for each turn to get to an hour or if you and the hunters investigate and find that a player like myself has stepped into someones account a couple of times in a year but in those times took the turns up more than a hour that will be considered fine.
Private cookie0117

Postby Vid_FISO on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:52 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:If it's not covered by rule 3 then even waiting until the final hour as per rule 2 shouldn't be permitted.

Not everyone is in a position to use email and mobile phones at all times. Things do happen and we don't believe a clan should be forced to miss a turn in this situation, however if we saw this happening time and time again for a particular player then we would take action.

But aren't the existing rules clear enough that no-one should be in possession of another's account details in the first place to be able to cover these instances? And isn't this still enabling the "abuse" that these rules are being brought in for? Effective account sharing?
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Leehar on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Foxglove wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:

I'd think it'd be better for the CD's not to be bogged down in answering all these 'What if' questions?
The Rules and Guidelines here allow them a framework on how to deal with cases, and when cases of infractions come to light, they can deliberate on the matter and evaluate the situations on their merits, since it's very hard to secondguess what would happen right now if this or that was the case.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby jetsetwilly on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:53 pm

HardAttack wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:

one can easily break this...intentionally/unconciously, this can easily be broken down...how ?
say one knows he will not be there in the weekend but why s/he should say he won't be around in weekends, but simply when it is time, leaves a note in game chat indicating his/her absense weekend, and xxx player is going to be sitting for me...Then next week, another note, damn again this weekend i have got to leave the town to there, whereever, this xxx player is gonna sit my account...So, in theory there is no rule abusing, but in practice it is what we have got in the socalled josko's case what ppl call it with that name...

so, what i wonder to know is, how ever you mods will be able to differ these two nuances ?
IMO still unclear and open area to be well defined.

Take me for the example, assume that i very well know that i am gonna be out weekend, but join in the game and when it is weekend i can very well picture it to be a new to me that i didnt know weekend i had something urgent to go, to do, that then i ll need someone to sit in my acc.

How are you going to be able to differ the good occasion from abuse in this case ?

You will have to trust the CD's to make a judgement call in this situation. Taking 1 spontaneous weekend away is hardly unusual but if a player is doing this regularly then we would decide on whether we believed this was a breach of the rules.

Postby cooldeals on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:53 pm

So if I understand this right. A clan mate has an emergency (e.g. I have to take my kid to the doctor or I got called into work I won't be able to look at the site for 6 hours). Under rule 3 someone can take turns that fall in that 6 hour window at one time and doesn't have to wait within the 1 hour time limit from rule 2?

Also, I think clans should be allowed to dictate their own sitting rules for a war. Some clans that aren't in the top 5-10 may not care about as many restrictions (and probably aren't abusing sitting either).
Colonel cooldeals

Postby jetsetwilly on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Leehar wrote:
Foxglove wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:

I'd think it'd be better for the CD's not to be bogged down in answering all these 'What if' questions?
The Rules and Guidelines here allow them a framework on how to deal with cases, and when cases of infractions come to light, they can deliberate on the matter and evaluate the situations on their merits, since it's very hard to secondguess what would happen right now if this or that was the case.

We are happy to take a few questions but you are quite right. All these what if type scenarios would be analysed on case by case basis.

Postby HardAttack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:

I'll give you a for instance - one of my friends recently lost his younger brother which required him to travel literally half way across the World to mourn and for the funeral, punishment enough I think.

yes it is sir,
then question arises, for how many times did you encounter with such real urgencies ?
i had been a clan leader for 9 months, and in various clans for 3 years to now...
i had seen ppl's unavailabilities they stated before assigining players to games, so we mostly cared their situations and made player game assignments accordingly...

in your case, which is very very rare, lets define a way, that is that very rare occasion should be brought to a director and lets take director's approval for that rare exceptions...

how many clan games do we play in total in a year ?
say 700-800 in total for example...
and say only 4-5 cases there are and in that 4-5 cases let a mod come in game chat to state there is an exception in this game so more than 3 sitting occasions is wellcomed, or such phrase from a mod in game chat to solve the problem...but very important it is that this s gonna happen under supervision of a mod. And this is not gonna be a load for them since 4-5 times in a year.
Last edited by HardAttack on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Foxglove on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Leehar wrote:
Swifte wrote:In light of the recent josko/moonchild case, 'vast majority' is still too vague.

I know Foxglove also was an advocate for a fixed number, and indeed it was there in the initial drafts, but I think thats shaky ground, because it's often open to abuse by those who like to find loopholes. If there was a number like 80% of turns taken, then I'd hazard someone like our esteemed former conqueror would come in and say he couldn't take 82% of the turns, so it's okay in the letter of the law, if not the spirit.

I do understand the potential for abuse with hard numbers. I am still in favor of them though, because I loathe, hate, and despise subjectivity in things like this, and I think that a person's popularity (or lack thereof) can have too much of an influence on the outcome of rule-breaking/abuse reports.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Foxglove on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Leehar wrote:
Foxglove wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:

But guidelines without specifics will just cause more drama than we already have. :(

Also, by these rules, I probably will need to quit CC from approximately March - September, because during those months I travel for about one weekend a month. Awesome.

Edit: Ok - that was perhaps overly dramatic. But really, all of the text in the first post can be summarized thusly: "All normal site account sitting rules apply, with the additional restriction that emergency turns are only allowed within 1 hour. We will subjectively judge, using common-sense, all other account-sitting issues and apply subjective punishment."

Is that correct?
Last edited by Foxglove on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby freakns on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Leehar wrote:
Foxglove wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:

But guidelines without specifics will just cause more drama than we already have. :(

Also, by these rules, I probably will need to quit CC from approximately March - September, because during those months I travel for about one weekend a month. Awesome.

i will have to quit it permanently because im usually away 1 weekend per month(i can access CC over the phone, but i chose not to)... also, not having you around for 6 months would also be a reason for leaving :P
Brigadier freakns

Postby Leehar on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Foxglove wrote:But guidelines without specifics will just cause more drama than we already have. :(

I doubt that'd be the Case. Indeed, under Rule 4, you'd still be taking the majority of your turns, so that'd be a-ok. Don't think there's another rule which would renege your sitting either.

Again, we just need to take a step back and give the rules some time to settle. The CD's did put a lot of thought and time into this, and maybe even hurried it along because of the recent incidents, but it should address the majority of issues
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby GoranZ on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Nicky15 wrote:2, Emergency cover may only be given if the person really is in danger of missing a turn. Therefore a turn can only be covered if there is an hour or less left on the clock. But steps must be taken to contact the player before hand.
1 hour or less will mean that we need to give user passwords to bunch of clan members(instead to 1-2) just to be safe. RL emergencies usually last over 1 hour so limiting the time of supervision to 1 hour will directly force the clans to use multiple players to supervise 1 clan member... But the idea behind these rules is to simplify the process of clan games supervision not to complicate it. Can this be increased to 3 or 4 hours?

Nicky15 wrote:5, You must not be in another persons account for any reason, other than to cover turns while that person is on vacation. Adding to chat in a game you are not in for example will not be allowed. You must also not give permission for anyone to wander in and out of your account at their will. Take care of your account. What happens with it is your responsibility.

Simple question... Is it allowed to write in the chat what I have done and why while I was sitting for someone?

Goran
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Next

Return to Clan Archives