Conquer Club

The Official Clan Sitting Rules (Old Version)

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Official Clan Sitting Rules

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 am

Being on another player's account for ANY reasons other than taking turns when they are in danger of missing a turn, or posting to necessary Tournament or Clan related public forum topics, is not allowed. Abuse of this privilege can be considered account sharing and could result in a Bust for both accounts.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby L M S on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 am

Why is everyone hung up on the 1 hr thing?
dumb.
What about the OTHER 23?
Take your own turns for crying out loud.
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby freakns on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:12 am

jetsetwilly wrote:It seems pretty clear to me that this wasn't clear at all before ! However rule 5 should leave no doubt that this is not an acceptable practice from here on in.

and how do you plan to stop me from doing this(i havent done this just to be clear)?

i have phone numbers and e mails of some of my clan mates, and i had them before i have join CC. i am RL friend with many of them too, so if i want to do this, i will, and there is no rule that will stop me from doing it.

and if some of the rules are going to be applied based on trust(as you mentioned), then why having rules at all?!
Brigadier freakns

Postby freakns on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:18 am

BGtheBrain wrote:
Being on another player's account for ANY reasons other than taking turns when they are in danger of missing a turn, or posting to necessary Tournament or Clan related public forum topics, is not allowed. Abuse of this privilege can be considered account sharing and could result in a Bust for both accounts.

but we all do this! all top clans are doing this! and its not going to stop. and what is the worse thing, me logging into someones acc and looking at map, or someone taking snap posting at internal forum and asking for advice?!

i am on this site because of clans and clan wars. i dont care about points, tournaments, titles, medals, etc, etc... i like to play a game or two for fun, but the only games that really interest me are clan games. and i want to be able to see what is going on in clan games im not in, and you are telling me its abuse of rules? just to look at the game?! thats beyond stupid.
Brigadier freakns

Postby jetsetwilly on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:22 am

I refer you back to the previous point from BGtheBrain which predates all of this.

"Being on another player's account for ANY reasons other than taking turns when they are in danger of missing a turn, or posting to necessary Tournament or Clan related public forum topics, is not allowed. Abuse of this privilege can be considered account sharing and could result in a Bust for both accounts"

If all the top clans are doing it then they certainly won't be in future unless they want to risk being busted.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Re: The Offical Clan Sitting Rules

Postby Foxglove on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 am

Foxglove wrote:
Nicky15 wrote:No one should be put in for a game unless they can take the vast majority of their turns. Agreements still can be made between clans in regards to absences, both clans must agree. These games must not include the unlimited setting, or any other setting where an advantage could potentially be had.

Can you please explain what the unlimited setting has to do with anything described above?

I think my question might have been missed, as it hasn't been addressed yet.

Does this mean that players are not allowed to sit for each other in games with the unlimited fort setting?

If so, I think it's only fair and reasonable to include any other setting at which a more skilled player can outplay a less skilled player: escalating spoils, adjacent forts, foggy games, etc. Late game escalating turns require as much skill as early game unlimited fort turns - the difference is that far fewer clans and players have focused on developing their unlimited fort game strategies.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:32 am

freakns wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:It seems pretty clear to me that this wasn't clear at all before ! However rule 5 should leave no doubt that this is not an acceptable practice from here on in.

and how do you plan to stop me from doing this(i havent done this just to be clear)?

i have phone numbers and e mails of some of my clan mates, and i had them before i have join CC. i am RL friend with many of them too, so if i want to do this, i will, and there is no rule that will stop me from doing it.

and if some of the rules are going to be applied based on trust(as you mentioned), then why having rules at all?!

+1. all this is ridiculous.

As I said, this is about clan A vs clan B. If you make such rules for the CC4 or whatever tournament it's normal so everyone is under the same rules. But in a war between 2 clans, if both teams agree on this kind of terms I don't see how it's external people's fucking problem. All terms should be agreed between 2 clans beforehand, the real cheating is if someone does not do what he agreed on.

Anyway, there is no way you can stop people from the same clan to know what is going on behind fog and to discuss opinions on what to do in fog or no fog games. In many clans the members don't know each other only by game chat or private forum. Lol, we even have a rl couple in our clan that lives together. Should it be prohibited to be in the same clan as your girfriend/boyfriend?
Major betiko

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 am

freakns wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:

but we all do this! all top clans are doing this! and its not going to stop. and what is the worse thing, me logging into someones acc and looking at map, or someone taking snap posting at internal forum and asking for advice?!

i am on this site because of clans and clan wars. i dont care about points, tournaments, titles, medals, etc, etc... i like to play a game or two for fun, but the only games that really interest me are clan games. and i want to be able to see what is going on in clan games im not in, and you are telling me its abuse of rules? just to look at the game?! thats beyond stupid.

The issue is logging in to someone elses account for something other than taking a turn.

If they want to take a SS and post it in the forum, no one is telling you not to do that (from what I understand)

You are not entitled to see what is going on under the fog of games you are not involved in, clan or otherwise.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby jetsetwilly on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:38 am

betiko wrote:
freakns wrote:

+1. all this is ridiculous.

As I said, this is about clan A vs clan B. If you make such rules for the CC4 or whatever tournament it's normal so everyone is under the same rules. But in a war between 2 clans, if both teams agree on this kind of terms I don't see how it's external people's fucking problem. All terms should be agreed between 2 clans beforehand, the real cheating is if someone does not do what he agreed on.

Anyway, there is no way you can stop people from the same clan to know what is going on behind fog and to discuss opinions on what to do in fog or no fog games. In many clans the members don't know each other only by game chat or private forum. Lol, we even have a rl couple in our clan that lives together. Should it be prohibited to be in the same clan as your girfriend/boyfriend?

If you want to discuss turns over a phone, share a screen in a house, pop around to your friend's house, post a screen shot in a forum, then clearly we aren't here to police that and you can do as you wish. Some people might not agree that it's right (I'm not one of them) but of course there's nothing to stop you doing this.

This rule is specifically around logging into someone else's account.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Lindax on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:I refer you back to the previous point from BGtheBrain which predates all of this.

"Being on another player's account for ANY reasons other than taking turns when they are in danger of missing a turn, or posting to necessary Tournament or Clan related public forum topics, is not allowed. Abuse of this privilege can be considered account sharing and could result in a Bust for both accounts"

If all the top clans are doing it then they certainly won't be in future unless they want to risk being busted.

=D>

Play your own games and take your own turns. If you can't do that you shouldn't be in a clan war and/or tournament.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby freakns on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Lindax wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:I refer you back to the previous point from BGtheBrain which predates all of this.

=D>

Play your own games and take your own turns. If you can't do that you shouldn't be in a clan war and/or tournament.

Lx

so if you are interested to see how clan games are going then you shouldnt be in the clan? good point pancake, great one actually.
btw has anyone ever played a move for you, or have you ever played a move for someone?
Brigadier freakns

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Ask your partners or get a screen shot if you want to know how the games going. Simple.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:34 pm

freakns and betiko: Team CC has made it very clear that you should not have someone else's permanent password and thus you should already have not been doing what you are arguing for. This is not new and is not changing with these rules. That has been a site rule for awhile now. As has been mentioned, there are perfectly legal workarounds that require a bit more effort on the part of the actual players in the game (as it should be).
Major Bones2484

Postby Lindax on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:41 pm

freakns wrote:btw has anyone ever played a move for you, or have you ever played a move for someone?

No, never.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby denominator on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is here. Most clans I have interacted with have all followed these rules already, with the possible exception of the new 1-hour rule. It really comes down to one thing - only you should be taking your turns.

My one issue is that this rule:

Nicky15 wrote:2, Emergency cover may only be given if the person really is in danger of missing a turn. Therefore a turn can only be covered if there is an hour or less left on the clock. But steps must be taken to contact the player before hand.

contradicts this rule:

Nicky15 wrote:5, You must also not give permission for anyone to wander in and out of your account at their will. Take care of your account. What happens with it is your responsibility.

How are we expected to cover a clanmate's turn in emergency situations (following the 1-hour rule) if we do not know their password ahead of time?

Also, it seems to me that players are taking the word "vacation" too literally. I believe that "vacation" is a stand-in word for "excusable absence from the site for a foreseeable period of time".
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby freakns on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Bones2484 wrote:freakns and betiko: Team CC has made it very clear that you should not have someone else's permanent password and thus you should already have not been doing what you are arguing for. This is not new and is not changing with these rules. That has been a site rule for awhile now. As has been mentioned, there are perfectly legal workarounds that require a bit more effort on the part of the actual players in the game (as it should be).

and now you are going to tell me that noone, especially in clan world, is not having anyone permanent password? we can talk all day how this is site rule, but reality is different. and if you ban/block all the accounts that have permanent sitter a lot of premium accounts will be deleted. you know it, i know it, and CC owner knows it. so yeah, it is site rule which noone cares about...
Brigadier freakns

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm

freakns wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:freakns and betiko: Team CC has made it very clear that you should not have someone else's permanent password and thus you should already have not been doing what you are arguing for. This is not new and is not changing with these rules. That has been a site rule for awhile now. As has been mentioned, there are perfectly legal workarounds that require a bit more effort on the part of the actual players in the game (as it should be).

and now you are going to tell me that noone, especially in clan world, is not having anyone permanent password? we can talk all day how this is site rule, but reality is different. and if you ban/block all the accounts that have permanent sitter a lot of premium accounts will be deleted. you know it, i know it, and CC owner knows it. so yeah, it is site rule which noone cares about...

While that may or may not be true it's always been against the rules to be jumping on those accounts you sit to be looking at any games behind fog etc. for any purpose besides actually sitting a turn.
Last edited by IcePack on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby L M S on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Good thing the CD's can't hand out warnings for people...lots of admissions of systematically breaking site rules in this thread over long periods of time by very reputable people.
yikes.
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm

L M S wrote:Good thing the CD's can't hand out warnings for people...lots of admissions of systematically breaking site rules in this thread over long periods of time by very reputable people.
yikes.

CD's can't, but MH's can.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: The Offical Clan Sitting Rules

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Bruceswar wrote:

IcePack wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:I disagree with 1 hour. Sometimes i get into a project and will not make it home in time to play, so I text a clan member and ask them to cover up until a certain time. If that time gets close to passing I'll do the same process again.

I think that something like this should have been considered as well, instead of that person having to stay on for 8 hours waiting for each individual game getting down to an hour, being able to cover the expected delay or problem time frame until you expect to be able to get back on.

As of right now the 1 hour rule will stand. If we see this is causing too many problems it can be relooked at. In response to Missionary, do not put yourself in a situation where that comes up. Plan ahead of time. Do not rely on your teammates to cover for you, but rather take the turns yourself. Sure life happens but as it stands in the case as you described your clan mates will have to wait till the last hour to take those turns. How do we as CD's know you will be out till time X? That opens up room for people to lie.

So if I am not breaking any rules on CC, why should I have to abide by the clan areas individual rules? This came up because there was a question of honor about sitting techniques of another player/s. Never once have I or any of my clan members attempted to abuse this system. Why should the rest of us have to follow a makeshift rule, just because someone else did? I'm not going to run my life around CC. I have lots of things to do sometimes, I can't always plan my time better for a game. Sorry, I am not breaking any rules, so I will continue with what works best for me and the people I play with. I don't think any of you have the right to tell any of us how to manage our own time. If rules are being broken, deal with the individuals, don't place restrictions on the rest of us who do not abuse the system. I am not flaming anyone, I am just expressing myself.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:32 pm

I agree in principle with TheMissionary. I think there were a few cases of individuals abusing tr system and this is a bit overreaction for the rest of the clans that have been sitting without problems.

However, if rules are to be placed I still think there are things that should be relooked at.

IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby freakns on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:08 pm

IcePack wrote:
freakns wrote:

While that may or may not be true it's always been against the rules to be jumping on those accounts you sit to be looking at any games behind fog etc. for any purpose besides actually sitting a turn.

i admit i have break the rules of this site by having permanent password of some members and by giving mine permanent password to some members. this is against the rules just as much as it against the rules to look at fog situation. so dont preach me how im breaking site rules when you clearly doing the same. dont be a hypocrite. and its not just me and you, its majority of clan community. if everything is played strictly by the rules of site then there would be no need for emergency rule because noone could take your turn.

im asking what is wrong with looking into fog games of your clan without making comments? its same shit as having someones permanent password.
Brigadier freakns

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 pm

freakns wrote:
IcePack wrote:
freakns wrote:

i admit i have break the rules of this site by having permanent password of some members and by giving mine permanent password to some members. this is against the rules just as much as it against the rules to look at fog situation. so dont preach me how im breaking site rules when you clearly doing the same. dont be a hypocrite. and its not just me and you, its majority of clan community. if everything is played strictly by the rules of site then there would be no need for emergency rule because noone could take your turn.

im asking what is wrong with looking into fog games of your clan without making comments? its same shit as having someones permanent password.

I've never gone into others accounts looking at clan war games or any other reason other than to sit a game. That has been very clear in rules. That has been considered account sharing.

I'm not "preaching" anything. You previously stated "all top clans log in and look at fog games" and I was saying that's BS.

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby freakns on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:34 pm

first of all, you are not in top clan... secondly, if you arent doing it that doesnt mean noone from your clan is doing it. thirdly, you said its against the rule to look at fog games and thats how it was since ever, yet having permanent password is not important atm...

look, i can live without looking at fog games, but if you are going to punish me because of it, then lets all follow the site rules to the letter. no permanent password sharing! with this, there will be no emergency sitting. every member who needs sitting will announce in clan war thread time he will be absent, fact that he has changed his password and names of his sitters. you want me to go further into all the site rules?!
or shell we stop this charade and just call this as it is? clan directors are trying to clear up the situation as much as possible before KORT vs TOFU war which is around the corner, otherwise they fear josko and COF will behave even worse then they did in last clan war. we can all dance with flowers in our hair singing peace songs and blablabla, but the truth is there is clear and present hatred between TOFU and KORT. if they say they respect each other, its a lie! they hate each other and would love nothing more then to caught other clan in any sort of cheating. if they can chose between having clear win and catching other clan in cheating both clans would chose second.
Brigadier freakns

Postby IcePack on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:44 pm

freakns wrote:first of all, you are not in top clan... secondly, if you arent doing it that doesnt mean noone from your clan is doing it. thirdly, you said its against the rule to look at fog games and thats how it was since ever, yet having permanent password is not important atm...

First of all, never said I was (and neither are you). If you doubt is feel free to challenge us or STFU.

Secondly, no our CLAN does not participate in this. It was clearly against the rules and we have regularly had to ask members who are in the games (or get screen shots) to get updates and never logged in as you described.

Thirdly, I don't just say it, it is against the rules as account sharing. Sharing passwords has been gone over plenty of times in the past in other areas. Feel free to argue that point all you want. I'm addressing the previous point you made about account sharing / looking in on other games. I don't need to address everything you say just because you say it.

Have a great day.
IcePack

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives