Anybody knowledgable about inner ear stuff?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Anybody knowledgable about inner ear stuff?

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:32 pm

I ask because the doctor thinks I may have Meneire's Disease. Took the tests, but don't see the doc for the results until the 17th.

Basically, been having many cases of light headedness/dizziness, random ringing in my ears, pressure on my ears, ear aches, migraines (rare, thankfully), shaky vision, and occasionally it feels like the world is spinning. Sometimes in 3 directions at once.
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Anybody knowledgable about inner ear stuff?

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:33 pm

anvil hammer!
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:34 pm

No condition is so terrible that the people in this forum won't find a way to make it worse.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Dukasaur wrote:No condition is so terrible that the people in this forum won't find a way to make it worse.

Been here since 2007, I know this for a fact.

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Dukasaur wrote:No condition is so terrible that the people in this forum won't find a way to make it worse.

Who pissed in your cEAReal?
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

Who pissed in your cEAReal?

Me...

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:09 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:I ask because the doctor thinks I may have Meneire's Disease. Took the tests, but don't see the doc for the results until the 17th.

Basically, been having many cases of light headedness/dizziness, random ringing in my ears, pressure on my ears, ear aches, migraines (rare, thankfully), shaky vision, and occasionally it feels like the world is spinning. Sometimes in 3 directions at once.

It could be a lot worse bro.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:I ask because the doctor thinks I may have Meneire's Disease. Took the tests, but don't see the doc for the results until the 17th.

I know, I could saxi disease. The side effects are too horrible to mention. Just look what it did to poor saxitoxin and Army of God.

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

I know, I could saxi disease. The side effects are too horrible to mention. Just look what it did to poor saxitoxin and Army of God.

Rofl, too true. What is little known is that saxi gave the disease to Aog on a weekend tryst. The details of said meeting are also too horrible to mention.
Good luck with it though, hopefully it's nothing permanent.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 pm

I know that wax builds up in my inner ear. That's about it.

But don't worry about it because worrying about anything only makes it worse. The truth is that things are never as bad as we imagine them to be. But even if they are there is always a bright side even if we can't see it at the time. And some say that laughter is the best medicine.

That's why I stop pushing the Q-tip in my ear as soon as I feel the slightest bit of resistance.

It works for me.

An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:I know that wax builds up in my inner ear. That's about it.

But don't worry about it because worrying about anything only makes it worse. The truth is that things are never as bad as we imagine them to be. But even if they are there is always a bright side even if we can't see it at the time. And some say that laughter is the best medicine.

That's why I stop pushing the Q-tip in my ear as soon as I feel the slightest bit of resistance.

It works for me.

Yeah well he's not a kangaroo so your visual aid there isn't going to be of much use... :D
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby 2dimes on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 am

Tie me kangaroo down sport.
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 am

Cut down on salt. Don't drink too much. Avoid martial arts that result in blows to the head. And if the results are positive this will help stop it getting worse.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:14 am

...and good luck. Tinnitus is a bastard, I know. Try to avoid aggravating this condition, try hard.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 am

jonesthecurl wrote: Avoid martial arts that result in blows to the head.

I should think this is wise advice pretty much across the boards. :)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?