Conquer Club

[GO] Capture Spoils

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GO] Capture Spoils

Postby Paddy The Cat on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 am

Concise description:

Capture Spoils

Specifics/Details:

It would be another spoils option. To win the game, a player must cash in X amount of cards that are owned by that player at that time (bloded). Maybe X could be a variable, or could be set to 5 or 3 or 10 or something, i dont know. Anyway, when "player J" plays cards that he/she owns the territs for, it could be noted in the game log. The side stats could show how many more spoils that player needs to turn in to win. For example, if player J has just turned in 3 bolds, and X is equal to 5, side stats could have: "Player J - 2 more spoils to win" which would note that, if player J turned in two more spoils bolded, they would win the game.

Or more simply, a column titled: spoils remaining
the numbers in that column represents [bold] spoils left to play until victory

Also, the spoils could be made public to all, a la the way teammates spoils can be shown during team games.

Obviously, If a player is eliminated, the killer gets the spoils. Additionally, if no one meets this objective, but they kill off the board, they clearly win.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

I think it could create a totally new type of gameplay with entirely different strategies. Picture seeing that player A only needs one more card to play, they own it, and its nestled behind a 15 stack! Or, imagine the rush as you get a 3 card bolded set to win, surprising the rest of the field!

Or, picture making a kill on someone b/c you notice they have cards you own, and you kill them and can turn in in multiple sets, giving you the victory in one fell swoop!

It could have its own achievment medals, also.

Also, could create a unique dynamic for team games.
Sergeant 1st Class Paddy The Cat

Re: Capture Spoils

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:18 pm

So, in this spoil type, would it be most beneficial to keep a lower tert count in order to trade in spoils you don't have?

I don't think I like this very much.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:49 pm

chapcrap wrote:So, in this spoil type, would it be most beneficial to keep a lower tert count in order to trade in spoils you don't have?

I don't think I like this very much.

I dont see how this is the case Chap?

He is saying you get a "point" for every time you have a bolded card. You want lots of territs so that you have more chances of getting a bolded card
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Paddy The Cat on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:48 pm

yeah MoB Deadly said it right with the whole points things

you WANT territories because every time you turn in a card with you territ you get a point.

first to x number of points would win!

Postby chapcrap on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Paddy The Cat wrote:yeah MoB Deadly said it right with the whole points things

you WANT territories because every time you turn in a card with you territ you get a point.

Oh. I thought you got points for turning in cards that the opponent had. I read it wrong...

I would mind this. Das Schloss trench?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Paddy The Cat on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:56 am

chapcrap wrote:
Paddy The Cat wrote:yeah MoB Deadly said it right with the whole points things

Oh. I thought you got points for turning in cards that the opponent had. I read it wrong...

I would mind this. Das Schloss trench?

i feel like a map like das schloss with these cards on trench would best be played to actually win the game the normal way.

Kind of like playing baseball on nukes. I mean yeah, there are cards, but a bball game on nukes might as well be baseball no cards :)

Postby greenoaks on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:19 am

Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Suggestions