Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D5 19/25

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:10 pm

DRoZ wrote:Not to mention, waiting till the last moment to claim never really gains much trust, it tends to look desperate.

As for your doubts of my abilities, my watcher status has been corroborated by two other players.

As an aside, are you seriously trying to offer better gameplay tips to the scum?

Not true. Claiming before L-2 is scummy. I actually appreciate the MS meta more (claiming at L-1, but only if someone declares intent to hammer) but that's neither here nor there.

I didn't say I doubt your abilities. Mafia Watcher is a legitimate role.

Yea, it's how I figure out what mafia is up to.

aage wrote:
aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Actually, f*ck this.

vote Droz

For one thing, Town Watcher/Tracker is a super-power combo.
Can you link me to the post where this was claimed? I don't recall this.

ebwop obviously referring to the "tracker"-part. We know he is a watcher.

Lovo flipped tracker. Or do you not believe edoc?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Not this again...

I forgot one reply.

DRoZ wrote:
As for you, all I have seen from your incessant posting is regurgitation of other peoples theories without bothering to check up and see if they hold water later. Here's an idea... buy a notepad, write down things that pique your interest and follow along to see their storylines progress, post your findings upon completion... Otherwise you are just creating more noise in a thread already chock-full of it. I appreciate you taking the time to dredge through all of this, but be conscious of the fact that you may be doing more harm than good.

So the fact that Lovo flipped tracker and that makes it almost impossible for you to be a town watcher has been regurgitated? If you can quote where, I will unvote.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:33 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
aage wrote:
aage wrote:

vote Droz

I thought you meant Droz was both... Though on 25 players I can't say I'm surprised both roles are there. There was mention of a cult in the Angel win condition, remember? And two town people were blocked last night, both investigative roles, so scum was probably behind it. I don't think it's such a superpower-combo as you make it look.

Besides, what would a mafia watcher gain from claiming to have been blocked? He could easily just give the results and leave out the bits that hurt his team. Unless you blocked him, of course...?
DoomYoshi wrote:Not this again...

I forgot one reply.

DRoZ wrote:
As for you, all I have seen from your incessant posting is regurgitation of other peoples theories without bothering to check up and see if they hold water later. Here's an idea... buy a notepad, write down things that pique your interest and follow along to see their storylines progress, post your findings upon completion... Otherwise you are just creating more noise in a thread already chock-full of it. I appreciate you taking the time to dredge through all of this, but be conscious of the fact that you may be doing more harm than good.

So the fact that Lovo flipped tracker and that makes it almost impossible for you to be a town watcher has been regurgitated? If you can quote where, I will unvote.
I don't think he was referring to that specific post, but rather to the other 5.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 pm

aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
aage wrote:
aage wrote:

vote Droz

I thought you meant Droz was both... Though on 25 players I can't say I'm surprised both roles are there. There was mention of a cult in the Angel win condition, remember? And two town people were blocked last night, both investigative roles, so scum was probably behind it. I don't think it's such a superpower-combo as you make it look.

Besides, what would a mafia watcher gain from claiming to have been blocked? He could easily just give the results and leave out the bits that hurt his team. Unless you blocked him, of course...?

Flawed. Town could easily have blocked him, in which case it would be in his best interest not to make up a result.

DoomYoshi wrote:Not this again...

I forgot one reply.

DRoZ wrote:

I would actually argue the Tracker/watcher part. In my time of having balance checks and playing, the strength of having a watcher and tracker seems to be something that mods don't always agree on.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D4 22/25

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:01 pm

edocsil wrote:I was unimpressed at best by today. There was a lot shit getting thrown around that really had noting to do with the game. Keep it clean, keep your cases objective, and play a better game tomorrow.

Well said.
edocsil wrote:Hensow ~ Ignatius of Laconi Saint ~ Suicide Reviver has committed suicide
Gregwolf has returned to life

Well done. Some would argue to hold off on these things, but I 100% agree with this choice.
vodean wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:
samgrossy wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:
samgrossy wrote:We have to wait to hear from Chap before we can do anything official, but I think Vodean and JG are in our sights now.

No,Really. What a damn shock. you HAVE played this game before. But before you set your sights for dead accuracy,reread why I went after Jak and tell me I was wrong. He had way to much Crazy crap going on and I stand behind every point I made on him,except for the small problem of him not being scum.

So now we start the defense and deflection. And there isn't even any pressure on him yet.

If your starting a BW go ahead, I admitted to screwing the pooch with Jak. Thats what I stated in previous post in case you were not paying attention.

And why I quoted you so you might look at it,and think about what went down and how. Defense yes, I now have to admit I blew it,but Jak's game play helped out with that. So deflection not really.

Read it out again carefully, if you disagree with me then, it is what it is. A few things still not adding up but I pegged Jak on his play and I was wrong.

JG. look. we fucked up. lets try to move on without getting all defensive.
town, scum wouldnt out two of themselves to get one townie, would they? no. thats a ridiculous trade. especially to kill a vote stealer, and especially early on. so dont be so defensive, you are only making yourself worse. you are town, and i am not anti-town, so act like it. dont paint yourself as scummy (i know, strange coming from me). there is a better way to convince town that we are on their side than to point fingers all over the place. lets hear some results from last night, and then make a logical decision rather than an emotional one.

Vodean, this is honestly your best post ever. I don't mean the content, which is fine. The fact that you tie yourself to jgordon so effortlessly was brilliant though.

So day 4 was almost as bad as day 3. Really, why wouldn't droz say who he watched? He obviously watched chap. If he didn't, kill him. It's not a tough concept.

The problem here is that people are falling back on safe things to say. For example, vodean fell back on "waiting for night actions" and others are falling back on "dont tell people where you are going with your protective roles" without actually realizing that in this case it doesn't make any sense. I am going to start day 5 now.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:04 pm

@aage: what? Where do we have proof that he was roleblocked?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 pm

@strike: a quick search of edoc's posts shows that he is in the "Watcher is OP" crowd with me.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

[quote="edocsil']
So some basics. Very small 7 - 11 man game. It has one cop and 2 or 3 scum. That is just how it works. A small game like this has 3 scum and perhaps a SK, a cop and a watcher/tracker (not both) a doc and perhaps a JOAT if there is a lot of town power. The other roles are lesser ones. It does not have 3 or 4 out of the town 11 roles being investigative unless this is a mafia with crazy powerful roles (read: impossible to balance) If you have vanilla masons like SG and I that is a strong indication of only middling town power, not a super investigation squad of tracker watcher cop. Mid sized games (20-25 players) MIGHT have a cop watcher tracker trio, while big games (30+) will almost certainly have the trio.
[/quote]

So he may have included a tracker with a watcher. I guess it isn't as cut and dry in his mind as it is mine. I still call bs on droz though, especially for the Day 4 dilly-dally.

Fluff my muffins.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby VioIet on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:23 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
So day 4 was almost as bad as day 3. Really, why wouldn't droz say who he watched? He obviously watched chap. If he didn't, kill him. It's not a tough concept.

I have a theory for this. It is something that popped into my mind immediately, once Droz stated that he didn't want to reveal what he saw.

He most likely did watch Chapcrap and saw someone visit Chap. However, he has no idea whether the visit was positive or negative. All he knows is that Chap didn't die from it. Droz likely wanted to wait and see whether something negative happened to chap (role-blocked, bus-driven, silenced, etc). Chap had been inactive the previous night & day, so there was no way to find out for sure. For instance, he may have been blocked. But since he didn't use his role, a block was fruitless anyway. Also, there would be no way to know, since he didn't try to use his role.

In short, if Droz doesn't know what the person did, he may not want to say anything just yet. It could just lead to unnecessarily attracting attention to a player before the proper time.

Just a theory, and I could be wrong, but that is my hunch so far.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby aage on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:00 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:@aage: what? Where do we have proof that he was roleblocked?

Exactly. But if he wasn't roleblocked and he was mafia, it would be pretty strange to claim to have been roleblocked, as I explained in my previous post. Maybe I should have stressed that with "claimed to have been roleblocked" I meant "lie about being roleblocked", I thought that was obvious.
All we know is that his vote is gone, so obviously he wasn't lying about that. That lends some credibility to his roleblock-claim by my book.

@SW, see my reply to DY. I think you misinterpreted what I said.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 pm

aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:@aage: what? Where do we have proof that he was roleblocked?

Exactly. But if he wasn't roleblocked and he was mafia, it would be pretty strange to claim to have been roleblocked, as I explained in my previous post. Maybe I should have stressed that with "claimed to have been roleblocked" I meant "lie about being roleblocked", I thought that was obvious.
All we know is that his vote is gone, so obviously he wasn't lying about that. That lends some credibility to his roleblock-claim by my book.

@SW, see my reply to DY. I think you misinterpreted what I said.

ebwop

So following that reasoning, claiming to have been blocked if he were a mafia watcher whilst in fact he wasn't blocked would make no sense to do... hence we can conclude that either he is town and lying (which is okay, really, since he's town and I won't be voting him) or he is any alignment and was genuinely roleblocked, and therefore I see no reason to suspect him. Watcher is a pretty useful role to keep alive, and I'm not at all convinced that he must be scum.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Edoc can we get prod's on Nag and Safari?
And does anyone have some sort of viable information to work off of from last night?
From what I see
DroZ and Chap were blocked (no info)
JG was killed so another known role is gone preventing information from coming out
Gregwolf is a Universalmason so I think most of the information will be going in between him and his partner.
Other than that all other roles are unknown atm, and if we work off of Chap's initial list we have 3 anti townies there. Who do you think is best to start with, considering right now it is our best lead?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby edocsil on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:15 am

rishaed wrote:Edoc can we get prod's on Nag and Safari?
And does anyone have some sort of viable information to work off of from last night?
From what I see
JG was killed so another known role is gone preventing information from coming out
Gregwolf is a Universalmason so I think most of the information will be going in between him and his partner.
Other than that all other roles are unknown atm, and if we work off of Chap's initial list we have 3 anti townies there. Who do you think is best to start with, considering right now it is our best lead?

Nag isn't playing anymore, but I'll nudge saf.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:43 am

VioIet wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

I have a theory for this. It is something that popped into my mind immediately, once Droz stated that he didn't want to reveal what he saw.

He most likely did watch Chapcrap and saw someone visit Chap. However, he has no idea whether the visit was positive or negative. All he knows is that Chap didn't die from it. Droz likely wanted to wait and see whether something negative happened to chap (role-blocked, bus-driven, silenced, etc). Chap had been inactive the previous night & day, so there was no way to find out for sure. For instance, he may have been blocked. But since he didn't use his role, a block was fruitless anyway. Also, there would be no way to know, since he didn't try to use his role.

In short, if Droz doesn't know what the person did, he may not want to say anything just yet. It could just lead to unnecessarily attracting attention to a player before the proper time.

Just a theory, and I could be wrong, but that is my hunch so far.

That makes sense.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm

rishaed wrote:Edoc can we get prod's on Nag and Safari?
From what I see

I suppose we must do some good old fashioned scum hunting! (Which I'm extraordinary at...... :lol:)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:43 pm

DRoZ wrote:No one visited my target, but I would not feel comfortable naming who I watched.

Vio and chap. It doesn't make sense at all. Stop trying to obfuscate the issues here.

aage, I'm not sure what you mean. I think you are trying doubletalk to hide the fact that there is no proof that droz was actually roleblocked. Do you think that mafia can roleblock twice in one night?

The only thing that paints droz as even remotely town is that you (scummy num. 2) are defending him.

By the way, if I die tonight, I just want to say that I figured the mafia most likely has a flavor cop. Not going to elaborate on this, just thought it should be out there.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:44 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
DRoZ wrote:No one visited my target, but I would not feel comfortable naming who I watched.

Vio and jonty. It doesn't make sense at all. Stop trying to obfuscate the issues here.

aage, I'm not sure what you mean. I think you are trying doubletalk to hide the fact that there is no proof that droz was actually roleblocked. Do you think that mafia can roleblock twice in one night?

The only thing that paints droz as even remotely town is that you (scummy num. 2) are defending him.

By the way, if I die tonight, I just want to say that I figured the mafia most likely has a flavor cop. Not going to elaborate on this, just thought it should be out there.

EBWOP: Either jonty or chap needs to change their avatar. I am sick of confusing them.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Apologies for the absence, it's Finals and Paper season right now.

Ok, I've thought about this long and hard, and given the current circumstances, I think the information I currently have is more useful out in the open than if I continued keeping it to myself.

I am Michael the Archangel, some of the Roman Catholics may call him Saint Michael the Archangel. Anyways, I'm a super JOAT, where I have regular kill, save, roleblock and investigate abilities, but I can use any as many times as I want. I'm still limited to 1 action a night.

I went back and reread my WC, and without quoting it too heavily, it seems to say that humans can be recruited by the demons or somebody, but I just need all demons to be dead. These humans don't need to be destroyed.

Now, I have done investigations every night.

Night 1: Sully- Innocent
Night 2: Com9- Innocent
Night 3: VioIet- Innocent
Night 4: Soundman- Guilty

So therefore, I will vote soundman
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 pm

Ok. So since we also have a cop, it makes it even less likely for there to be a watcher.

However,

unvote vote soundman
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby VioIet on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:53 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

Vio and chap. It doesn't make sense at all. Stop trying to obfuscate the issues here.

I actually think I'm pretty right on about my last post. But it's okay; I will drop the issue for the rest of Day Five.

As per Safari's result:

Vote Soundman
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 am

VioIet wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

I actually think I'm pretty right on about my last post. But it's okay; I will drop the issue for the rest of Day Five.

As per Safari's result:

Vote Soundman

The only way you could be right is if Droz is lying. Is Droz lying?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
VioIet wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

As per Safari's result:

Vote Soundman

The only way you could be right is if Droz is lying. Is Droz lying?

DroZ is lieing about something.. That's dawned clear to me. But I believe Vio is town, and with that many innocents's it does not look good for soundy. Therefore VOTE SOUNDY. DroZ I suggest coming clean with whatever you're lieing about today. Cos I seriously doubt you were role blocked as well as chap, and all evidence screws you royally. I wanna believe you but all this dirt.. It's starting to weigh out and not everything is adding up right.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:47 am

well, its hard to argue with a guilty vote soundman
Captain gregwolf121

Postby pancakemix on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:35 am

Cop is cop.

Vote Sound
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Iliad on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:56 am

A cop result is as straightforward as they come/

will need a claim soon vote soundman
Private 1st Class Iliad

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives