Conquer Club

2012 Forum Awards

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

2012 Forum Awards

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:47 pm

This is the nomination thread for the Doomyoshi Forum Awards.
In co-operation with the Greekies, there are 3 categories of award. All 3 Categories can be awarded for either the Off-Topics, General Discussion or any other Conquer Club Discussion Forum (except private).
The three categories are:
Thread of the Year. This is given to the OP of the thread which had the most exciting discussion in 2012, no matter what year it started.
Post of the Year. This is given to the single post which is a must-read by every forum-goer.
Forum-Goer of the Year. The big one. The player who contributed most to discussions in the CC fora gets this award.
Everybody who wins a Greekie gets an automatic nomination in one of these three categories. As such, these awards will be handed out later in the year.
You can see the Greekie thread, or the Doomyoshi Awards.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: 2012 Forum Awards

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:51 pm

I am going to start nominations with Kaskavel's Conqueror Thread Post. for post of the year.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Did the Greekies even happen last year? I may have missed them, but it seemed like they skipped.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby pimpdave on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:40 pm

I think that means the DoomYoshi awards are now the official awards for the forum, and The Greekies are the cheap knock offs. Either way, DoomYoshi, please continue with your awards ceremony. Really, everyone should have their own awards ceremonies.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Symmetry on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:47 pm

DoomYoshi's avatar looks like my uncle Oswald.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby x-raider on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Symmetry wrote:DoomYoshi's avatar looks like my uncle Oswald.

+1
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:31 pm

They were skipped for one year. This year we are teaming up though. Nominations? Nom ah noms?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Symmetry on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:37 pm

What are the categories?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Suggested categories apart from the obvious

Most likely to end up in a Thai prison
Most likely to convert (any religion to any other)
Best product promoter
Worst product promoter
Best use of kittens.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:50 am

Symmetry wrote:Did the Greekies even happen last year? I may have missed them, but it seemed like they skipped.

They were skipped due to time constraints. Back on this year! I've added most of your suggestions.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:21 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Did the Greekies even happen last year? I may have missed them, but it seemed like they skipped.

They were skipped due to time constraints. Back on this year! I've added most of your suggestions.

So what are the categories? And will you be sharing the judging roles under the umbrella of the TGD brand? Or can we expect an Indie alternative set of awards from Doom?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

So what are the categories? And will you be sharing the judging roles under the umbrella of the TGD brand? Or can we expect an Indie alternative set of awards from Doom?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=182327
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,