Conquer Club

Teammate control

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Teammate control

Postby skychaser on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:45 am

[Option Teammate control to team games.]

When you're playing a team game and you are leaving for something you may not get in time for your turn you could give control to your teammates.

This will make sure you don't lose your turn but also make sure your teamate and only him cam play for you.

Also, It should be an option from inside the game so you must do it in a checkbox and you can uncheck it anytime thus taking the control away from him.

He would be able to play for you but only 8 hours prior end of turn time. I thought of 8 hours time cause is the time most people spend in bed so it should be fair.

It would be not a default setting cause it would be used only in a case you are leaving to a place with no internet or vacation. Say you boss is taking everyone in a vacation and you didn't knew. Then you leave someone of your team in control. If you don't come back in time(and the 8 hours are in counting) then he can play for you.

8 hours will also be fair to avoid farming I guess.
Colonel skychaser

Re: Teammate control

Postby greenoaks on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:23 am

skychaser wrote:[Option Teammate control to team games.]

When you're playing a team game and you are leaving for something you may not get in time for your turn you could give control to your teammates.

This will make sure you don't lose your turn but also make sure your teamate and only him cam play for you.

Also, It should be an option from inside the game so you must do it in a checkbox and you can uncheck it anytime thus taking the control away from him.

He would be able to play for you but only 8 hours prior end of turn time. I thought of 8 hours time cause is the time most people spend in bed so it should be fair.

It would be not a default setting cause it would be used only in a case you are leaving to a place with no internet or vacation. Say you boss is taking everyone in a vacation and you didn't knew. Then you leave someone of your team in control. If you don't come back in time(and the 8 hours are in counting) then he can play for you.

8 hours will also be fair to avoid farming I guess.

this is what CC has been tring to develop for years now.

a Sitter Function
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:02 am

Something like this for just team games may be a convenient solution.

However, a sitter function for all games would be the best. I'm hoping that is one of the first suggestions that the new regime puts through.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm

chapcrap wrote:Something like this for just team games may be a convenient solution.

However, a sitter function for all games would be the best. I'm hoping that is one of the first suggestions that the new regime puts through.

It's been on the list forever, but given the complexity of such a feature, I still doubt that it's one of the first that gets put through. I would imagine that it's one of the first that they will look into though.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:02 pm

skychaser wrote: He would be able to play for you but only 8 hours prior end of turn time. I thought of 8 hours time cause is the time most people spend in bed so it should be fair.

having someone on your account to prevent you from missing a turn because you are asleep is Account Sharing and against site rules.

the problem i see with your suggestion in general is that it would be great to have if there was an emergency. but if there was an emergency i'm unlikely to be able to get on to tell anyone about it.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby skychaser on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:33 am

I didn't mean of sleeping. I told the controls would last for 8 hours cause one could verify his games and lots of people verify before and after sleeping so meaning lesser turns skipped to justify the 8 hours timeframe.
Should it be 4 hours then even if someone could have played there's a high chance this one could be sleeping at the time he had a chance to play.
Colonel skychaser

Postby CafeT on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:48 pm

alternative: if a teammate misses the control always switches to the following teammate and gives another day to play that person's turn. or missing a turn in a team game always kicks that player and passes control to another teammate. i don't see why it takes three misses for team games, that just makes sure you will lose (this just happened to me in multiple games).
CafeT
High score: 2853/#162, 2013-03-14.
If you don't see any stars, I didn't rate you for that category. It's not a bad rating, it's not a rating.
Try a turn notifier so you will know when you can move.
Major CafeT

Postby skychaser on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:07 pm

I like your idea cafet.
Colonel skychaser

Return to Suggestions