Conquer Club

Obama - The Second Four Years

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Obama - The Second Four Years

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Update - December 4, 2012:

(1) Elizabeth Fowler leaves the White House to take a job at Johnson & Johnson. Ms. Fowler was a part of the administration to help implement the Affordable Care Act. Ms. Fowler was on the Senate Finance Committee that helped draft the bill. She was an aide to Senator Max Baucus, but left to become an executive at WellPoint, the country's larger private insurer.

(2) NOW (the National Organization for Women) president indicates that 50% of the Obama cabinet should be women. Currently there is one woman member of his cabinet.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 am

Update - December 6, 2012

- US-blessed arms shipments went to Libya Jihadis - New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/world ... hands.html

- The president's inaugural committee is poisted to take corporate donations, unlike 2008

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/12 ... tio_1.html

- The White Housted a donor party at the White House (commonplace for past administrations). In attendance, the following members of the 1% - Cubs owner Laura Ricketts, business executives James Crown and Penny Pritzker, and investor Michael Sacks.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2012/12 ... ite_h.html

Postby pimpdave on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:49 pm

jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby stahrgazer on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:04 pm

saxitoxin wrote:3. Obama healthcare advisor and Pranic Healing advocate Joie Jones (whose own research was so outlandish that even CACM wouldn't fund it - he had to get a "research grant" from the Pranic Healing cult) also supports the so-called goals of rational, scientific inquiry of the Democrat Party. Here's "Grand Master" Steve Co - the head of the Pranic Healing cult - teaching a new group of pranic "doctors." For just $299 (lunch included) you can go to an 8-hour seminar at the Holiday Inn to learn how to cure cancer by waving your hands over someone. Have cancer of the tits? Under Obamacare, you can now go to this guy to get it cured. (seriously)

Acupuncture was once viewed with similar mindset. Going to a chiropractor was once something that insurance companies wouldn't fund, viewed very similarly.

Personally, I wouldn't choose to go to a faith healer, which this sounds like; but there are religions that would advocate this sort of thing. For example, Jehovah's Witnesses would prefer to have someone pray and wave arms over them than get a blood transfusion. So, under "religious freedom," this sort of care should be paid for to a degree. Plus, there's a percentage - small, to be sure, but it exists - of "miraculous cures" - people who suddenly no longer have the disease they had the week before, and "real doctors" cannot explain why they do not, because "real doctors" had no cure to offer them.
So, these patients undertook a form of "faith healing," and it worked for them.

How is this really so very different from a proposed HIV/AIDS pharmaceutical, an 'experimental drug,' that an insurance company might pay for, that turns out to work to a degree, for a very small percentage of the population.

Should faith healing, chiropractic, acupuncture, or experimental drugs replace all "traditional" healthcare? No, of course not. But as was pointed out, the percentage of money being sent "that way," is very small. Maybe it's just enough, though, to give "traditional western medicine" the warning that if they mess over, there IS some market competition out there.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Symmetry on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:38 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:3. Obama healthcare advisor and Pranic Healing advocate Joie Jones (whose own research was so outlandish that even CACM wouldn't fund it - he had to get a "research grant" from the Pranic Healing cult) also supports the so-called goals of rational, scientific inquiry of the Democrat Party. Here's "Grand Master" Steve Co - the head of the Pranic Healing cult - teaching a new group of pranic "doctors." For just $299 (lunch included) you can go to an 8-hour seminar at the Holiday Inn to learn how to cure cancer by waving your hands over someone. Have cancer of the tits? Under Obamacare, you can now go to this guy to get it cured. (seriously)

Acupuncture was once viewed with similar mindset. Going to a chiropractor was once something that insurance companies wouldn't fund, viewed very similarly.

Personally, I wouldn't choose to go to a faith healer, which this sounds like; but there are religions that would advocate this sort of thing. For example, Jehovah's Witnesses would prefer to have someone pray and wave arms over them than get a blood transfusion. So, under "religious freedom," this sort of care should be paid for to a degree. Plus, there's a percentage - small, to be sure, but it exists - of "miraculous cures" - people who suddenly no longer have the disease they had the week before, and "real doctors" cannot explain why they do not, because "real doctors" had no cure to offer them.
So, these patients undertook a form of "faith healing," and it worked for them.

How is this really so very different from a proposed HIV/AIDS pharmaceutical, an 'experimental drug,' that an insurance company might pay for, that turns out to work to a degree, for a very small percentage of the population.

Should faith healing, chiropractic, acupuncture, or experimental drugs replace all "traditional" healthcare? No, of course not. But as was pointed out, the percentage of money being sent "that way," is very small. Maybe it's just enough, though, to give "traditional western medicine" the warning that if they mess over, there IS some market competition out there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional western medicine". Surely, if it can be proven to work then it's just medicine. I'm not sure why you think hemispherical difference means anything. If it works, and can be shown to work, then it's up there.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby spurgistan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 am

I think that he fixes everything that anybody thinks is wrong with America.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:33 am

stahrgazer wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but acupuncture, homeopathy and chiropractry are still junk science disputed by mainstream medicine. They've just been regulated and professionalized to the point that most people don't consider them dangerous junk. And, at least in the case of chiropractry, their witchdoctors have started to drop some of their most outlandishly pseudoscientific claims - see ...

The chiropractic vertebral subluxation complex is an historical concept but it remains a theoretical model. It is not supported by any clinical research evidence that would allow claims to be made that it is the cause of disease.

http://www.gcc-uk.org/files/link_file/G ... gust10.pdf
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:44 am

"Unlimited Corporate Donations"

President Barack Obama will accept unlimited corporate donations for his Inauguration in January, reversing his position from his first Inauguration, according to two sources close to the planning. “Shocked,” wrote one Democratic lobbyist in an email about the flip-flop on corporate donations.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/o ... 84785.html
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 am

saxitoxin wrote:"Unlimited Corporate Donations"

President Barack Obama will accept unlimited corporate donations for his Inauguration in January, reversing his position from his first Inauguration, according to two sources close to the planning. “Shocked,” wrote one Democratic lobbyist in an email about the flip-flop on corporate donations.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/o ... 84785.html

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=181830&start=15#p3979905

+55 Saxbucks

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Scientists have named two new species of animals after Barack Obama.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012 ... 51582.html

If this were the DPRK and two new species of animals were named after Kim Jong-un, there would be much chortling and hee-hawing in the western press and crocodile-tearing at the poor, brainwashed DPRK people enduring under a self-obsessed ruler and his personality cult.

pot, kettle, etc.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby GabonX on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Scientists have named two new species of animals after Barack Obama.

If this were the DPRK and two new species of animals were named after Kim Jong-un, there would be much chortling and hee-hawing in the western press and crocodile-tearing at the poor, brainwashed DPRK people enduring under a self-obsessed ruler and his personality cult.

pot, kettle, etc.

In the DPRK the government would have had to order it.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim I'd still use worms to fish for them.
saxitoxin wrote:I'm on Team GabonX
Captain GabonX

Postby Lootifer on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Scientists have named two new species of animals after Barack Obama.

pot, kettle, etc.

I chortle at both stupid obama and bvrainwashed koreans tyvm.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:49 pm

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100323798

The White House rejected a bill proposed by John Boehner that would remove the Bush tax cuts on those making over $1 million, but would keep tax cuts for those making under $1 million. This was a plan originally proposed by Nancy Pelosi in the last Obama administration.

I read the article twice and I'm still not sure I understand what the Democrats' beef is. This seems like a good plan to me. It effectively raises taxes on the Warren Buffet's of the world (at least those that earn ordinary income) and doesn't overly burden the "working rich." Apparently they are trying to get to a middle ground of $400,000 to $500,000.

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,