Conquer Club

SoC Commandments

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

SoC Commandments

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:42 pm

I thought that it might be fun to form a list of do's and don'ts in a form of the 10 Commandments Style. I shall commence with it. Feel free to post any additional commandments that may come to mind... One to a customer per post please. Give everyone a chance to participate. =) Then I shall add it to this first post.

SoC Commandments

1.)
Thou shalt not attacketh on thy first turn, saveth for a very goodly reason.

2.)
Thou shalt conserve thy troop strength til the time of the end by only attacking easy card spots.

3.)
Thou shalt leave carding spots for thy neighbors, so that they might hold them [spoils] for thee until thou needeth them.

4.)
Thou shalt not be as a Bonus Monkey in the land. This is an abomination!

5.)
Thou shall post for advice on all thy turns and thy wisdom shall be increased.

6.)
Thou shalt not hit stacks except for in the latter days, at the time of the end, when eliminations shall abound and few be found in the land. For in the end, there can be, only ONE!

7.)
Thou shalt take all thy turns, even when thou hadst heard naught; for verily, no one ever won a game by forfeiting.

8.)
Thou shall consider all of thy ways wherein thou shalt move and to do and not act rashly as the fool.

9.)
Remember the 6 player escalating settings that thy game strategy might best come to pass.

10.)
Thou shalt evenly distribute the wealth of thy troops amongst thine companies [stacks] and live. Yet not too many less thy strength be vanquished. No less then three for might but none more than five for wisdom.

11.)
Thou shalt sever thy companies [stacks] to the farthest reaches of the earth that they may be fruitful and cardeth in due season.

12.)
Thou shalt look upon thy neighbor and consider, If you remove his stack from off thy land, would not another find him easier to eliminate from off the face of all the earth?

13.)
Thou shalt never attempt the elimination of thy neighbor, till thou hast received word from the oracles (adviser's) of it's successful outcome potential. Lest thou be found giving the spoils of war and the points to another.

14.)
Thou Shall have fun and desire the same for others in the game with you. To this above all else, be thou true.

All who parteth from these ways shall find snares and traps for their souls. But the wise in heart will walk humbly and understand when to attack and when not to attack.

THOU SHALT KEEP THESE WORDS!
Last edited by Viceroy63 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:13 am, edited 20 times in total.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Re: SoC Commandments

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:55 pm

2)
Thou shalt conserve thy troop strength til the time of the end by only attacking easy card spots.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby macbone on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:50 am

3. Thou shalt leave carding spots for thy neighbors, so that they might hold them for thee until thou needeth them.
Colonel macbone

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:40 pm

4)
Thou shalt not be as a Bonus Monkey in the land. This is an abomination!
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby lt.Futt on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Thou shalt not hit stacks. Not even minor stacks i.g. a 3. If card spots required, you shalt polite ask and leave card one round. IN some setings you shalt even make threaths; card spot or stack. You shalt keep these words.
Major lt.Futt

Postby crispybits on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 am

Thou shall always post for advice on every turn, even if the next moves seems blindingly obvious to you, as the pharisees of CC may see something you don't.
Major crispybits

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 pm

crispybits wrote:Thou shall always post for advice on every turn, even if the next moves seems blindingly obvious to you, as the pharisees of CC may see something you don't.

That's a good one. Hope you don't mind if I rephrase it just a bit. How does this sound.

5.)
Thou shall post for advice on all thy turns and thy game shall be brought to prosper.
=)
Last edited by Viceroy63 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:08 pm

lt.Futt wrote:Thou shalt not hit stacks. Not even minor stacks i.g. a 3. If card spots required, you shalt polite ask and leave card one round. IN some setings you shalt even make threaths; card spot or stack. You shalt keep these words.

How's about if we simplify this one a bit. I can get like three or four commandments out of this? I especially like that lasts part, "Thou shalt keep these words." LOL. How to work that in and where though? How's about...

6)
Thou shalt only hit stacks in the latter days when eliminations shall abound and few be found in the land. For in the end there can be, only one!

LOL.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby macbone on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:48 am

7. Thou shalt take all thy turns, even when thou hadst heard naught; for verily, no one ever won a game by forfeiting.
Colonel macbone

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm

8.)
Thou shall consider all of thy ways in where thou shalt move and to do and not act rashly as the fool.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby comic boy on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Thou shall ensure that you are playing 5-8 player escalating before obeying these commandments , otherwise your strategy will go straight to hell :D
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby x-raider on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:27 am

10.)
Thou shalt not gossip in the fog, lest the wrath of your fellow fall upon you.
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby macbone on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:04 am

comic boy wrote:Thou shall ensure that you are playing 5-8 player escalating before obeying these commandments , otherwise your strategy will go straight to hell :D

Indeed! =)
Colonel macbone

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:21 am

x-raider wrote:10.)
Thou shalt not gossip in the fog, lest the wrath of your fellow fall upon you.

I would like to call for input on this one from SoC Advisors first before I put it up on the "Big Board" because we sometime do use the Game Chat (I think Lt. Futt made a comment on that also) although not the Fog settings?

Should we stick to the SoC original Settings for the creation of the SoC commandments or expand it to include perhaps even team games?

Or just keep it simple?

Or perhaps create a separate SoC Commandants or "Wisdom of Strategy" Book 2.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby fadedpsychosis on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:29 am

I love this thread... part Moses, part Sun Tsu.
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:25 pm

fadedpsychosis wrote:I love this thread... part Moses, part Sun Tsu.

WHich reminds me:
Sun Tzu wrote:Thus the pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless. If it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it or the wise make plans against it.

and
Sun Tzu wrote:Now the army's disposition of force is like water. Water's configuration avoids heights and races downward. The army's disposition of force avoids the substantial and strikes the vacuous. Water configures its flow in accord with the terrain, the army controls its victory in accord with the enemy.
Thus the army does not maintain any constant strategic configuration of power, water has no constant shape. One who is able to change and transform in accord with the enemy and wrest victory is termed spiritual.

This seems to be the key to great escalators: to have forces that seem to be nowhere in particular, but can be anywhere and everywhere when required.

I'll leave it for someone else to rephrase in proper Levite form, lol.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby x-raider on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:52 am

Dukasaur wrote:

WHich reminds me:
Sun Tzu wrote:Thus the pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless. If it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it or the wise make plans against it.

and
Sun Tzu wrote:Now the army's disposition of force is like water. Water's configuration avoids heights and races downward. The army's disposition of force avoids the substantial and strikes the vacuous. Water configures its flow in accord with the terrain, the army controls its victory in accord with the enemy.
Thus the army does not maintain any constant strategic configuration of power, water has no constant shape. One who is able to change and transform in accord with the enemy and wrest victory is termed spiritual.

This seems to be the key to great escalators: to have forces that seem to be nowhere in particular, but can be anywhere and everywhere when required.

Thou shalt make your [mighty?] myriads appear as nought. :D
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby fadedpsychosis on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:54 am

x-raider wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

WHich reminds me:

and

Thou shalt make your [mighty?] myriads appear as nought. :D

how about: "Thou shalt not amass thine armies in few locations, but rather spread the wealth of thy might across all the lands."
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:48 pm

That last one was so big and profound that I had to break it into two separate commandments. Number 10 and 11 go to you guys for working on it so hard and giving me the ideas for the wordings.

Thanks guys; Thanks to everyone for participating.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Remember that it does not have to end here. If any new thoughts come to mind just jot them down. If they are complicated and profound we will turn them into two or three separate SoC Commandments. What ever it takes.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 pm

12)
Thou shalt look upon thy neighbor and consider, If you remove his stack from off thy land, would not another find him easier to eliminate from off the face of all the earth?
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:31 am

13.)
Thou shalt never attempt the elimination of thy neihbor, till thou hast received word from the oracles (adviser's) of it's successful outcome potential. Lest thou be found giving the spoils of war and the points to another.

I would add this game as an example of this Law.

GAME LINK:
Game 12402427

Game to be posted (in it's own thread) in the near future complete with photos and comments.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Wolfreal on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Forgive me father, for I have sinned :)
Corporal 1st Class Wolfreal

Postby Viceroy63 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Wolfreal wrote:Forgive me father, for I have sinned :)

Your penance involves 3 "hail Mary's" and reading the F4M ten times in a row. LOL. =)
Enjoy your reading tonight. :lol:
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Wolfreal on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:17 pm

After a lot of reading, I just think my sins have been forgiven

Game 12503951
Corporal 1st Class Wolfreal

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:13 am

14.)
Thou Shall have fun and desire the same for others in the game with you. To this above all else, be thou true.
show
Major Viceroy63

Return to SoC Training Grounds