Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Six

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:14 am

I can't imagine any other possible theories. If you could present one that makes sense, I might believe it.

My point is that you create a false dichotomy of two groups of people

1) those who are causing the game to not be over
2) the gods who are fighting for people to join their cause

I am saying that we have no evidence, or reason to believe, that these are two groups of people.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 am

Im not saying I have a better theory, I am just saying that I take that into consideration when making my decision. I personally agree with the theory, I just dont know the pros and cons of the gods.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:36 am

new guy1 wrote:Im not saying I have a better theory, I am just saying that I take that into consideration when making my decision. I personally agree with the theory, I just dont know the pros and cons of the gods.

lets just say that atm they cannot do good or evil to us being sealed. From what I know its going to be interesting to see what happens now that the Necromicon left Strike, the original owner, Ghostly, who would not give it to any Sealed God's, or its new owner Mr. Anonymous :D
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby new guy1 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:38 am

rishaed wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Im not saying I have a better theory, I am just saying that I take that into consideration when making my decision. I personally agree with the theory, I just dont know the pros and cons of the gods.

lets just say that atm they cannot do good or evil to us being sealed. From what I know its going to be interesting to see what happens now that the Necromicon left Strike, the original owner, Ghostly, who would not give it to any Sealed God's, or its new owner Mr. Anonymous :D

It will be, it will also be quite interesting to see which sides people take in the conflict. For some reason though I feel like everyone is going to pick one side and stick with it, but time will tell.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 am

Well I think so too. . . I think part of the reason is that we already know pretty much who is who from the insane amount of claims/softclaims D1/D2, I don't think we've reached the point of knowing just about who everyone is without a massclaim at D6.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby vodean on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14 am

at the end of it all, the gods stood laughing
i know it sounds ridiculous. i know that cult probably messed up exposing themselves so early, but its the truth. i guess we are probably going to lynch me. thats fine. just remember that you know shit about cult, and lynching me gives you no info, except confirming that i am not cult (or leading to some crazy WIFOM theory about why I am cult but there is no evidence).

im going to change my vote to doom, because it might delay my death. if we lynch doom, then someone ought to investigate me tonight, assuming he flips cult.
unvote vote doom
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 am

vodean wrote:at the end of it all, the gods stood laughing
i know it sounds ridiculous. i know that cult probably messed up exposing themselves so early, but its the truth. i guess we are probably going to lynch me. thats fine. just remember that you know shit about cult, and lynching me gives you no info, except confirming that i am not cult (or leading to some crazy WIFOM theory about why I am cult but there is no evidence).

im going to change my vote to doom, because it might delay my death. if we lynch doom, then someone ought to investigate me tonight, assuming he flips cult.
unvote vote doom

Hey, I know you already backstabbed me twice this game, and you are totally shocked by me trying to get revenge, but you can drop the facade, I am pretty sure you are the lynchee for today.

unvote vote vodean
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 am

lulz at vodean. Ok, baby steps is always better than no step at all, let's at least make that lynch happen or it could turn out ugly.

unvote, vote vodean
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:22 am

w/e if my vote is needed I will place it for a lynch.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Nendreel on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Looks like today's choice is going to be Vodean.
I don't think he's quite a priority, but the information he's provided has been erratic. So it's at least justified.

vote vodean
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby vodean on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:35 pm

well i guess you are still listening to reason. i hope you learn from your mistake.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:07 pm

edocsil wrote:w/e if my vote is needed I will place it for a lynch.

I think we are at 6 votes on vodean and we need 8 so it would help indeed, deadline is around the corner.

Vodean, come on, you are so busted since ages, you are so scummy that you were even voting for yourself! :lol: Not even your cult buddies want to help out, you are left alone. What possible mistake could we be doing, unless tonight someone gets his wc and it's endgame...
Major betiko

Postby Rodion on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Catching up.
General Rodion

Postby edocsil on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:44 pm

betiko wrote:
edocsil wrote:w/e if my vote is needed I will place it for a lynch.

I think we are at 6 votes on vodean and we need 8 so it would help indeed, deadline is around the corner.

Vodean, come on, you are so busted since ages, you are so scummy that you were even voting for yourself! :lol: Not even your cult buddies want to help out, you are left alone. What possible mistake could we be doing, unless tonight someone gets his wc and it's endgame...

Vote Vodean
Edoc'sil

Postby spiesr on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:24 pm

edocsil wrote:Vote Vodean
That looks like the hammer.
Just in case, Unvote Vote Vodean. While I still feel that DoomYoshi would have been a better choice lynching Vodean at this point is probably better than a no lynch.
Captain spiesr

Postby Rodion on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Foolish lynch, even if Vodean ultimately flips cultist.

Anyway, since you already know I got vannilaed after being ressurected, I might as well full claim and enlighten the game a little. Maybe others will follow and we can piece the puzzle. Or not.

I had 4 powers: sleep, ask Yog (cop, rolecop, tracker, watcher, insanity), track and vig.

N1: slept - got doublevote D2 (never got to use it, though)
N2: slept - got posting restriction D3 (something about fearing sleeping and trying to stay awaken)
N3: captive mind (spiesr also masoned me)
N4: tracked Hippo -> Hippo visited me
N5: zombie
General Rodion

Postby pancakemix on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Rodion wrote:Foolish lynch, even if Vodean ultimately flips cultist.

Anyway, since you already know I got vannilaed after being ressurected, I might as well full claim and enlighten the game a little. Maybe others will follow and we can piece the puzzle. Or not.

I had 4 powers: sleep, ask Yog (cop, rolecop, tracker, watcher, insanity), track and vig.

N2: slept - got posting restriction D3 (something about fearing sleeping and trying to stay awaken)

You only got resurrected once?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Rodion on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Twice.

By "N5: zombie" I meant I had no night action to take since I had become a zombie. Even thought I was ressurected twice, it has only affected my ability to act once (up to now).
General Rodion

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks for explaining that. This is the clearest explanation yet that I am doing what I am saying I am doing!!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Why foolish?? by all means Cult is not helping town at all, and seeing as if we get down to where they are over 50% they endgame us. . .so no i don't feel like it was a foolish lynch.

Postby edocsil on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 pm

rishaed wrote:

Why foolish?? by all means Cult is not helping town at all, and seeing as if we get down to where they are over 50% they endgame us. . .so no i don't feel like it was a foolish lynch.

This isn't true anymore. Cult hasn't been able to win that way in years on CC. They just revert or turn survivor.
Edoc'sil

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 am

I guess it depends on how / set the game up.

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 am

Well, unless we magically get down to eight players, they don't have a snowball's chance either way. It was a bad lynch. Little Witt and Hippo are the only competing factions that any one knows of right now. Therefore, to reach end game you'd want to lynch them. Lynching one of the culties is ridiculous, and whether or not they reverted to their previous alignment isn't really relevant right now.

The lynch order should have been Little Witt-> Hippo/Chap (depending on what chap has to say) -> Chap/Hippo-> and only then should we have focused on culties if we still hadn't end gamed.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby / on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 am

Vodean: 8 votes: little witt, jonty125, safariguy5, doom, betiko, Nendreel, edoc, spiesr

doom: 2 vote: rishaed, spiesr, vodean,

that's a lynch, scene incoming.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:32 am

What was to be done now?
Human seem to have eliminated the threats that appeared before them, but what of the hidden dangers?
Were they still human, were they something else?
Did they control their minds, what lays beyond sanity?
There would be more conflict to some, there always was, this was human nature.
Or perhaps this was the nature of something else entirely.

The town killed a human who chanted the language of incomprehensible beings, the humans madness brought fear to the townsfolk.

show
Sergeant 1st Class /

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives